Lag Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lag Limits

Is this information publicly available? Midoent is New Zealand I believe and currently signed up for us and want to see if he can in fact play.
    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

+1 I've always said each league should declare lag limits in the rules thread.
    I know that in general qan relaxed/removed the limits so we could play while performance is unreliable, but it's worth checking if twl arenas still have strict limits.

Comment

If I recall the reason lag limits are not public is because players will more easily take advantage of it, manipulating their lag just below said limit. On that note you could have staff look into midoent in game and maybe they can give you their opinion of he will be able to play or not.
      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
      (10 seconds later)
      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

I understand what ur saying nip. I just wanna know because every twl spot is valuable. sad to waste it on someone who will either +1 death over and over or be specced when added right b4 game.
        TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
        TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
        TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
        TSLD CHAMPION 2018
        TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

I always prioritized lowering both packet loss and spike limits for league play rather than targeting ping limits as the latter option would exclude players from regions such as Australia. As long as you have a relatively stable connection there should be no glaring issues unless zidane decides to change the limits to something more drastic. In the end it is not hard to figure out what the lag limits are by simply looking at lag reports generated by the bots.

For reference last season had a 1.5% packet loss limit and ~50 spike med limit. As a comparison TWD under normal circumstances was set to 3% packet loss and 100 spike med limits which is ridiculously high. I would be not mind lowering the limits down to around 0.5% ~ 1% packet loss and 35 spike med to ensure mostly a lag free league experience.

In the end stable ping is not annoying to play against thus there's not really any reason to lower it from the current 300ms.
          Last edited by Turban; 05-02-2020, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Res limits will be in place though right? I know several dudes who have been using 4K res and I don't think they'll switch unless it's stated somewhere it's mandatory. Double checking that TWL games are to have a res limit of 1920x1280? It's my understanding that's the case. Thanks!!!

Bummed I won't be playing this TWL but wish everyone the best of luck and hope you guys have a great time!!! Cheers!

-ixa

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post
              Res limits will be in place though right? I know several dudes who have been using 4K res and I don't think they'll switch unless it's stated somewhere it's mandatory. Double checking that TWL games are to have a res limit of 1920x1280? It's my understanding that's the case. Thanks!!!
              Originally posted by zidane View Post
              Resolution Cap
              There will be a resolution limit of 1920x1200 in TWLD. There will be no resolution limit in TWLJ or TWLB. Players found using an ineligible resolution will be considered cheating.
              ^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post

^^^^
                Thank you Rab!

Comment

Apparently ping max is 275? It prevent players from Oceania to play :\

Comment

Working...
                  X