Why I hate Res limits in 2020.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I hate Res limits in 2020.

It's silly having res limits when my 2K monitor is 5 years old. The setting on main game screen allow tons of resolutions. Subspace recently was put on Steam. Steam players are going to want to utilize their gaming computer. Also a large res makes aiming harder not easier. It only helps dodge strays.

steam players?
    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Clean up your desktop, you make me sick
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Is there anyone other than Hackysack that has a real issue with the limits? What a pussy...

Comment

Fuck you with this thread LOL "large res makes aiming harder"... Love this thead like I love how you ditched Paladen last minute when they could of used you to ride bench on Plade, you're 100% asshole man. You're also 100% mediocre and the only reason you've ever done well is 100% due to the fact you normally have 2-3x the amount of resolution than other players--being able to see probably most if not the whole map.

I wish this game had res limits ALL the time. I don't care if they are 500x500 or 4000x4000. It's nice having them limited so everyone is on the same playing field and don't gain advantages like you do. FYI 1980 x 1020 is the most common used single monitor display resolution for Steam users https://store.steampowered.com/hwsur...lcome-to-Steam It's not like it's incredibly outdated or that it's uncommonly used by 2020 standards, it's what most gamers use man. Get real.

Comment

Kentaro- there were a decent amount when steam picked up subspace.

edify - it's not my computer. Lol

ras - people against large res have equal amount of an issue with res size as me. So.....

It's 2020. Time for a new monitor people!

What's also the point in allowing all res during the year, then limiting it once twl begins? That literally screws over players who have used it the whole time. Rasaq is just mad cause his suicide rush style doesn't work on me. Sorry you can't kill outside of 50 pixels.

Comment

Grasps - I've been using 1920 x 1200 since joining Plade. So I don't want to hear any excuses if you lose to me now.

Comment

I personally never wanted 1920 to even be allowed heh.. 1280 neighborhood is how the game was really programed to be played. That said.. it is silly to allow players high res so they get used to it and and take it away for TWL. 2500 never should have been allowed though to begin with anywhere in this game.. but I get why you use it if the option is there hacky. I would too if my monitor would let me and it was allowed. My issue is it never should have been allowed..

Thx sertifi/shadowmere for ramming the vote thru using a bogus disreputable system that allowed random noob pubbers to cast and stack votes which thwarted the sensible and long standing vote our vet twd players had kept in place time after time after time during voting processes on res increases. They always said to NOT to allow!! This res increase vote using pubbers and twpubsystems was such a lame move lol. Now its too late to go back though and the playing field is forever uneven by drastic proportions from player to player in pub, elim and TWD. Trench wars the game of inequality. ENJOY!!! :angry:

Speaking for my own opinion though.. I do support res caps in twl , I'll take what I can get after this disastrous decision ruined the overall balance of TW's playing field throughout the entire zone forever but understand the frustration for players who normally use 2500 and up in res..
                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Pineapple Express View Post
                  Grasps - I've been using 1920 x 1200 since joining Plade. So I don't want to hear any excuses if you lose to me now.
                  http://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90107250

Nothing agains you Hacky, just pointing the fact your not telling the true. I feel that you are trying to push this larger res when 99% of population dont use/want it, plus it would give a big advantage for you in radar battles, also everyone shud play under the same res conditions.. Thats why theres a res limit.
                  Last edited by Iron; 05-08-2020, 09:47 AM.
                  TWLD 2016 Champion
                  TWDTD champion x 3
                  Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

? You're literally the only person who has that res besides Zingy. 7.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Jurassic View Post
                      ? You're literally the only person who has that res besides Zingy. 7.0.1
                      Last year it was about 8% of twd players and growing.
                      Data: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Originally posted by Iron View Post

http://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90107250

Nothing agains you Hacky, just pointing the fact your not telling the true. I feel that you are trying to push this larger res when 99% of population dont use/want it, plus it would give a big advantage for you in radar battles, also everyone shud play under the same res conditions.. Thats why theres a res limit.
                        Yeah Iron, I forgot to switch before it started. Which as you can see, I still didn't do well. So there was no advantage that round. Check out my other recent DDs and you will see I've been using the twl res. Like I said, large res only helps dodge R3 + shots. When it comes to aiming R1-R2 it is much harder.

Jess - I still feel like the game should adapt to the modern day in order to survive. Not to mention, lag should be a much bigger priority than someone with a large res. Seeing players eat back to back shots is far too common these days. Ban VPN/lag inducers from twl.

Comment

Working...
                        X