TWL-B Week 2: Hot or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
    kado im surprised ur showing ur face in this topic tbh I might have to oblige Willby and break down the play-by-play even further - it will only get worse for u.
    People enjoy reading delusional players that watch their own video and highlight every moment in the game they did well. You dropped 170+ kills back then and became the best spid. Now you're an average 50 kill spid and the self-proclaimed top spid. COVID and wfh has been quite boring but you my friend made it much more enjoyable
    shaun> would u wash ur sheets and blankets if a chick squirted on it

RaCka> steadman is cross eyed, fat, balding, etc..... but his finger tips are talented in the javelin department..................

Mattey> real talk half the dudes in thailand hotter than the avg american woman

zeebu> what is that one documentary where the one kid kills another kids parents and feeds them to him in a chili for not growing pubes fast enough?

Comment

Poseidon

So I clicked on the video to watch poseidon and just randomly picked a spot around 11-12 mins into game.

About 12:15 (video time), detaches, goes under, I guess he realizes there are 2 under already. Wastes more time to go back over. Dies dumb to a burst he could have dodged.

12:28 you re-attach, waste much time dueling spartan, without killing him you retard charge passed him and suicide at 12:47 for no reason at all.

You re attach at 12:54 again, die to another burst you could have dodged at about 12:59, your terr ends up dying shortly after.

This ENTIRE time you were completely useless to your team and they essentially played 7v8. The argument could be made while you were dueling spartan you prevented him from pushing, however when you retard pushed passed him into their team you left under WIDE open.

All this while watching a random 1 minute span of the game, you sucked, stop whining and get over it.
      Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
      (10 seconds later)
      rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
      P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Spider scores do not matter the slightest in basing.

You can have someone with 100 kills and 80 deaths be several times more impactful than someone with 150 kills and 50 deaths. I feel you should never tunnel vision into looking at scores of other players as they can not be used to determine how someone actually performed in a basing match. I also believe there is no ideal team composition as there are hundreds of different ways to approach a basing match. In the end the greatest players are those who have mastered several different styles while also being extremely fast at adapting their play depending on the situation -- constantly changing their style of play and aggression levels on the fly -- and the team with most of these players will have the best chance of winning a round.

To oversimplify basing you want to always be controlling the flag while not giving it up by being overly aggressive. As a rule of thumb it is never good to die in vain; you always have to always assess your risk versus reward factors before deciding whether to push forward for more pressure, fight for your position and maintain your ground, or temporarily fall back to recharge energy while looking for a new opportunity. You need to be constantly aware of how the battle is unfolding and adapt accordingly. These decisions are done on the fly, but are only a small part of what sets great players apart from good ones.

I could also include importance of energy management, ship positioning relative to your team and the enemy team as you want to constantly be moving, how important it is to time enemy shark respawns, count their repels, and to force both sharks to be constantly in an uncomfortable position, trying to prioritize eating greens (26.10% chance for full charge, 8.7% chance for burst, 3.48% chance for portal) to gain an advantage over the opposing team, and so on, but to be honest there's no reason to start writing a novel about intricacies of basing these days.

As a disclaimer I have not seen the recording, but as far as can I remember I do not think Poseidon played that terribly and surely was not the reason Fire lost the game. I feel our team was far stronger in flag room situations which was mostly enabled by our top side being more dominant compared to the opposing three musketeers, and that in turn started a domino effect which resulted in everything else slowly falling apart.

I don't think a single player would have made much of a difference and realistically speaking we should have won that round 15-3. Both teams had their glaring weaknesses and much to improve on before the playoffs begin.

Comment

THE VOICE OF REASON APPEARS TO DELIVER THIS THREAD FROM THE DEPTHS OF NOOPI SPIDER HELL

The Mind of the Father
          Riding on the subtle guiders
          Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
          Of relentless Fire

Comment

Voice of reason didn't watch the recording.

Comment

THE VOICE OF REASON APPEARS TO DELIVER THIS THREAD FROM THE DEPTHS OF NOOPI SPIDER HELL
              I mean, I said generally what turb said. You played badly and weren't the direct reason for the loss, but a better spider in for you could have helped.

Comment

All of you noopis and goompas chriping abt Rec have now been exposed for the confused sons-of-btiches u are.

I do belief i am going to oblige willby a little and break down the vid some more, but i'll touch on ur response nip - ill likely go deeper into it later

12:15 - "Wates more time going over..." .. stop exposing urself as total garabge noopi lol. "dies to dumb burst..." the only way i was dodging that burst w everything else was going on is if i had been looking at pressure as he released it. wasnt a horrible death, just an unfortunate one. ill also readily admit my general lack of experience basing shows most w/ prediction of burst, dodging burst, etc. still learning.

12:28 "wastes time dueling spartan..." stop exposing urself as total garpige noopi. "suicide at 12:47 for no reason at all". since you're absolutely oblivious about much of basing (which shows in ur play) ill point it out to u: i notice all the space created and their team pinched behind left bar. I outduel Spartan under and hit him 2-3 times, making it easy to push w/o worrying abou thim. I know kado is coming in behind me soon anyhow. Then I see Mcvicar detach in prime position vs a Hulk w no reps. I expect him to BEE LINE TOWARDS THE TERR AND PROVIDE THE OBVIOUS COVER FOR UR SPID W TOTALLY OPEN LANE PUSHING W FULL ENERGY BELOW YOU... this would have provided me coverage. could have even ended in TK. isntead he vs's 1 rep hulk bc he think it better to worry about him... bombing hellkite top bar w his 1 rep? hmm. thus I die b/c the coverage i saw and expect was not there.

"You re attach at 12:54 again, die to another burst you could have dodged at about 12:59" I DIE TO THE BURST BC THERE ARE SIX BURSTS AND THE BOTTOM ONE THE I INITIALLY DODGE LOOKS LIKES IT ABT TO RICHOET OFF THE FKN MIDDLE BAR GIVE ME A BREAK LOL

Last edited by Poseidon; 05-12-2020, 02:49 PM.

The Mind of the Father
                Of relentless Fire

Comment

Ok rab, please, do better than nipple. that was a terrible effort. I will give you a clue. After playing scapegoat for team I watched to find ANY points where i made a definite misplay. Instead I found nice play aftr nice play, nice shot after nice shot, and the rest of my team getting fukt. The one point i mentioned to zid where i misplayed was sometime around the 14:25min mark where I push, and really, i expected kado to be pushing behind me or at least gain some type of position. And I do so much damage the enemy is unable to effectively retaliate (as i instinctively understood before pushing).

And if you think Turban's opinion is going to change after watching the vid ur as delusional as the rest of em

The Mind of the Father
                  Of relentless Fire

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post

I mean, I said generally what turb said. You played badly and weren't the direct reason for the loss, but a better spider in for you could have helped.
                    You essentially say the opposite of what turban says many times. Even in just the way you talk about and emphasize record... an unfortunate habit of HoN writers which i pointed out in my initial writeup from Draft league.

As I said and could provide about 50 examples of... I played great. You provide zero examples. Nipple tried to and failed. Team played like trash, and my under partner was more concerned w trying to excavate the base itself instead of putting bullets on spiders.

The Mind of the Father
                    Of relentless Fire

Comment

You were never invited to be a starter for plade. 100% Facts.

I also find it funny you have to find a great game of yours 20 years ago vs a mid level team to prove a point(and failed). No, you were never a top spid, some ppl who still play actually were around that time, you would have better luck preaching that in ?go 0.

Regardless of what "magical" plays you think you do ocasionally, ur ass in under, and tbh if you were in vs us in lb this sunday we would have won 100%. Ro without having much experience on under, played like 3x better than i have ever seen u play.
                      The fact that having you in a lineup auto unbalances 4v5 spid wise, makes you a net negative in high level games. There are many of us who can get teks often and still able to be more than a low kill 1:1 spider. If you are not a starter in a playoff team in this watered down era, you should really humble yourself and start listening to much superior and experienced players than you.

Btw, we all found it really funny in chat that you always thought you were gonna start in fire, while it was really obvious you werent. Fire was looking for an under spid to pair with kado for weeks.
                      Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                      1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

I would be terribly surprised, Kess, if Dreamwin were to deny an entire convo we had in whic h e approached me.. warning me zid was going to lead me on and and give me hope I'll get ptime only to ultimately give priority to Thunder core, tho trying to retain bench talent... Offer me guarantee starting spot on Plade, no bullshit, and gave me only 3 days to decide, which i initially declined citing that i dun like vsing w sharks who dont prioritize repping 4 spids... then at the 11th hour on the final day, i DID take up the offer realizing what i bunch of flamers i was on a squad with, at which point Dreamwin said they had alrdy found someone... and u and the rest of ur gaggle don't end up looking like the total morons you are. Of course the guy's a poker player so perhaps im underestimating him lol.

also, again, i have undered two competive games in my life - Basing cup finals and this one. Both have videos. Please, Kess, support your claims - I sure can support mine. The reality is I look p amazing out there, particularly in basing cup, which i had the fortunate benefit of playing w a much better under (hellkite) and a team that wasnt collapsing over at every juncture.

The Mind of the Father
                        Of relentless Fire

Comment

taking down so many goombas at all once, this is gr8!

The Mind of the Father
                          Of relentless Fire

Comment

The reality is I look p amazing out there
                            100% serious when i have never seen you once play above ?go base level. you are the type of spid that everyone wants to face because its 4v5.

Squad composition was discussed by all squad core players, and i think we discussed ur name once as a possible recruit for rotation, which got rejected by everyone. There isnt a single player in squad that got recruited without being approved by a large part of the core.
                            Supposedly, Dw said we had found 1 under so thats the reason you didnt get recruited, when in reality the second under only got decided a couple of weeks ago, long time after the squad was forming.
                            You were never discussed as a starter, no one in their sane mind would think you are starting caliber player for a contender.

Lastly, you yourself admit you only have 2 competitive games of under in your belt, yet u refuse to listen to others who have been basing for 10/15+ years with titles won. You are so deep in your delusion that its pointless to try to argue with you, you think you are right regardless. In the end, you will end up as a non factor this season, like everyone expected.
                            Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                            1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

I am listening to the people in the thread loud and clear ... im even going so far as addressing them point by point! unfortunately they are all blinded by bias or are noopi spiders and all that they are providing is noise. No real evidence, nothing substantial. You are no different. I tell you literally exactly the convo Dreamwin and I had, and you blather some pointless drivel and avoid the actual substance of what I am telling you, really seeming to struggle to face the facts with reality. What you are saying is that Dreamwin would msg me trying 2 recruit me off fire and offer me starting spot only to say "Oh wait, nevermind" if I had instead said "sure I'd love to join lets do it"... ??? ok. Is that the type of person dreamwin is? Anyways, like the rest of u haters, ur a joke.

The Mind of the Father
                              Of relentless Fire

Comment

p.s. I AM NOT TRYNIG TO BE AN UNDER SPID LOL

The Mind of the Father
                                Of relentless Fire

Comment

Working...