A New Server????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A New Server????

Hello Trench Wars, last Sunday approximately two minutes before our LD vs Rapid I suddenly started receiving weird connection issues from the server. 10 seconds into the match I went +1 with my lag being 50 50 60 60 0.0 0.1 which made absolutely no sense and staff couldn't figure out why I couldn't stay in the game. I was unplayable at that point. The lag continued throughout the entire day and the next day. I tried a random dd and lasted no longer than a minute (Posted a picture). Even downloaded a VPN just to see if anything would change.

I'm sure at this point, we all know the server has been complete dookie and a lot of us are having the same related issues. I messaged qan today and briefly explained to him about my situation which he was already aware of, and then we got into a conversation about what we can all do to play our parts.

I know qan and upper staff are working hard right now with this server madness going on and are looking at running on a linux server using wine and cleaning up the mess of Priit where he ran the server on an ancient version of windows, a version that's not supported anymore. Priit making it work by locking it down hardcore and never updating it. But speaking to qan, he has some solutions in the mean time where he said the old dedicated server we had cost $300/month and thinks a dedicated server would cost less than that. That also wouldn't be the only option to chip in, another option would be either that or we'd just need to get a bunch of people to "subscribe" to pay for a server

Can we make a poll or something to see how many people are down for something like this please?

- Bigmon
    Last edited by Best; 05-12-2020, 05:01 PM.

Move to ASSS first.

Comment

i just saw your picture for the 1st time wow you're hot can i get yo numba?
      3:BOMBED> got donuts
      3:BOMBED> how jealous
      3:Heaven> how american
      3:BOMBED> ??????????
      3:BOMBED> wtf u suppose to get
      3:BOMBED> they didnt have any fried goat

Comment

doesnt TW still have like $9000 in donation money? :laugh:
        1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
        1:pascone> folder is empty :/
        1:Tiny> LOL
        1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

Seems the same as it has been for 20 years to me. Lag some days and less lag others. Certain paths go bad then clear up only to affect others. It's always been like this. Eats still make me as mad as ever tho lol.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Yeah, had to ask for a sub in a bd today because my lag was making the game unplayable for me despite it reading 50 50 50 110 0.1 0.0 ......
            J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
            8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Already said let's pay for new server
              2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Originally posted by renzi View Post
                Yeah, had to ask for a sub in a bd today because my lag was making the game unplayable for me despite it reading 50 50 50 110 0.1 0.0 ......
                Playing basing has been sufferable for me since i came back. Even if my lag looks ok, i go through spells of 5/10 minutes in which my bullets seem to do no damage and everyone is tanking. Tilts me hard.
                Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
                1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post
                  Even if my lag looks ok, i go through spells of 5/10 minutes in which my bullets seem to do no damage and everyone is tanking. Tilts me hard.
                  +1 exactly this for me too

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post

Playing basing has been sufferable for me since i came back. Even if my lag looks ok, i go through spells of 5/10 minutes in which my bullets seem to do no damage and everyone is tanking. Tilts me hard.
                    Same here, although recently it feels like server is getting better.

What about a ViP solution to help with higher costs of a better server?

I'm sure the community could come up with a small collection of bonuses ViP members get, just don't make it pay2win. League of Legends does it the right way with a bunch of cosmetic things from their item mall, nothing that gives players unfair advantages over the other.
                    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                    (10 seconds later)
                    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

You all are mostly stupid people who dont know how to do shit but run this game to the ground, best dont you live in Brazil, no shit sherlock, on why your internet connection SUCKS when trying to play this game. like fuck all of you worthless, why do I even bother trying to help pay server costs, you all have shit i.q and suck at communication.
                      2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                        Move to ASSS first.
                        this is a key move so we can get a merge with hz.

Comment

It's unfortunately quite difficult to get all our bots running normally on AS3. There are subtle differences between the servers that many bots rely on. TWCore is kind of a joke, but a very elaborate one: it pretends to be the perfect sysop user on a subgame server (Windows-based SS server). Pretend if you were a human sysop on a server, had access to all sysop commands, but also had perfect memory and could compute almost any problem instantaneously. You are TWCore. You could see anything a normal human sysop could, with the addition of processing at impossibly accelerated speeds. That's fantastic. But you can do nothing beyond that.

With ASSS, you change into the mind of the machine which serves up the spaceships we see on our screens. This machine can know everything about what is going on, and act on that information. It doesn't view the uh matrix, but rather is the matrix. It's unbelievably more powerful. Unquestionably, it is superior.

But those benefits don't perfectly align with the certain ways we've gotten our server used to acting. (Not that we couldn't and wouldn't make a lot of aliases in the code to all know subgame commands.)

The differences of implementation, looking out as the pretend-sysop, TWCore, who relies on exact responses from an old friend and coworker, specific server subgame (versus the many very slightly different ones in ASSS), add up.

tl;dr It's a big project to switch.
                          "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
                          -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                            It's unfortunately quite difficult to get all our bots running normally on AS3. There are subtle differences between the servers that many bots rely on. TWCore is kind of a joke, but a very elaborate one: it pretends to be the perfect sysop user on a subgame server (Windows-based SS server). Pretend if you were a human sysop on a server, had access to all sysop commands, but also had perfect memory and could compute almost any problem instantaneously. You are TWCore. You could see anything a normal human sysop could, with the addition of processing at impossibly accelerated speeds. That's fantastic. But you can do nothing beyond that.

With ASSS, you change into the mind of the machine which serves up the spaceships we see on our screens. This machine can know everything about what is going on, and act on that information. It doesn't view the uh matrix, but rather is the matrix. It's unbelievably more powerful. Unquestionably, it is superior.

But those benefits don't perfectly align with the certain ways we've gotten our server used to acting. (Not that we couldn't and wouldn't make a lot of aliases in the code to all know subgame commands.)

The differences of implementation, looking out as the pretend-sysop, TWCore, who relies on exact responses from an old friend and coworker, specific server subgame (versus the many very slightly different ones in ASSS), add up.

anything possible, its 2020.
                            asss all linux
                            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by qan View Post
                              That's another way of saying you need to get a team.

Comment

Working...
                              X