Bring Back TWL Predictions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring Back TWL Predictions!

Back in the day the TWL website would show matches for the upcoming weekend and if you clicked into the box score there was a feature where you were able to post a brief comment ("Prediction") and predict the outcome of the game (literally, you can predict a 15:00-6:06 match).

Light vs. Rampage
    Prediction: 15:00 - 14:34 - Both teams have played great this season, it's going to be a good game!

It would be so great if this feature came back and would definitely spice things up. It would also be cool if there was a poll for each game where every player on a roster is listed and you can vote who will MVP the match.

The latter is less important than the former. Bring back TWL Predictions!

I had forgotten about that, it was a good feature. Need a login feature first though, don't think these new sites can do twd logins.

Comment

I was thinking last moment before twl started to have like a little 'prediction league'. Everyone who wants to play summits their regular season end standings before the season starts. Every week you do these match predictions. With every right winner you earn a point and etc. Player with most points each division wins their division and an overall winner.
      You could make it a pubbux entry bet and winners earn it.

If there is enough interest this could also be a fun thing to do with next twdt.

Comment

Might be tricky to do this without a proper login/authentication system in place first. Right now there's no concept of logging in to your TWD account through the TWL or TWDT sites.
        Any comments under a scorebox (before or after a game) will be anonymous. Don't have a decent way to stop people aliasing or pretending to be someone else.
        Can definitely get a comment section up for every scheduled game but it could become chaotic if people abuse the anonymity.
        a Predictions thread might be more suitable until the new league platform is ready (login included). Currently working on that right now
        Best> Para is the only guy i know who can put a quarter up his nostrils lol

Comment

I’ll be honest, this was not a thread to field suggestions or feedback or brainstorm. This was simply to recommend to staff/Wirah to bring back the old TWL Predictions. Please stop bringing up other ideas or other suggestions. Focus on the topic of the thread or make your own.

Wirah, I read your post and I understand there are some roadblocks to getting this done, but please try to make it happen with logins and everything because if you do I think the current and future seasons will benefit tremendously.

Comment

Bump. If this is not happening, someone should make a "predictions thread".

Comment

Working...
            X