No announcement yet.

How to Run an Auction League TWDT After TWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last couple DT's have been super competetive and I think it is not necessary to change proven concept. My initial impression is that this format would create even bigger gap between great and good/mediocre captains.

Definitely need a break after this TWL but I agree that the next season of whatever should be announced soon. Preferably it would start in late august/early september. Maybe something lighter in between like TSL.
    Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
    Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
    Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
    Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
    Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
    Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

How about TWDT same as last time but with unscheduled during the week games whenever 2 squads have enough? EG had a league like this and it was one of the best and most successful leagues we ever had. Not only does it increase activity but it gets everyone play time. Exact same Sunday scheduled matches, with added unscheduled matches during the week whenever 2 squads have enough and a ref to set it up, the unscheduled matches would count for half as much or a quarter worth points of whatever a scheduled match would be. There is a huge influx of older and newer players lately, if you do this not only would it increase activity big time, players who would never be given a chance on sundays can play during the week, not to mention more practice for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamwin View Post
        The last couple DT's have been super competetive and I think it is not necessary to change proven concept. My initial impression is that this format would create even bigger gap between great and good/mediocre captains.

Definitely need a break after this TWL but I agree that the next season of whatever should be announced soon. Preferably it would start in late august/early september. Maybe something lighter in between like TSL.
        You might be right, an auction definitely could lead to a greater disparity, although I did my best to include a recommended price list to help captains. I think it could work. I've provided captains my own draft sheet in some TWDTs to help weaker caps out, and I sorted the draft sheet for Basing Cup by who I would pick to try to create the best level of competition possible.

I feel like we've done a pretty good job of making the game competitive, TWDT has consistently been challenging and achieved a good level of parity since around 2013-2014.

I mean look at TWDT 2012, the draft lottery was done offline with no accountability, you only had to play like 1 low star player, and that didn't apply to the playoffs, and the quality of captains was often pretty suspect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	r1pGAJ9.png
Views:	260
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	1339204

You got Adam taking luger, death adder, kira, zazerick, forces, bugs, and 2pacz in rounds 2/4/5/6/7/8, and Dral taking fis/mr. solo dolo/deadly/willby/yami/fakiira/haut in rounds 3/4/5/6/7/8/9...

Reckful and TJ are also taking almost nothing but 1-leaguer basers in the first 7 rounds...

Meanwhile, Zidane is drafting Ease, Turban, Trasher, Children, Hulk in the first 5 rounds and landing Sika and SquallFF8 in FA.

I think we've made a lot more effort in selecting stronger captains, providing them with better draft information, and structured it with low-star slots or overall star caps that have improved the league.

But yeah, like you and Renzi have said, I could use a break, too, so running something more casual like events or TSL or something could be a good option. I was thinking of skipping TWDT if it was run right after TWL.

top 100 basers list

Comment

I like this idea... I don't care what the league is called or w/e I just enjoy the good games on Sunday

Comment

am in minirity am sure but i find it difficilt 2 gif a fk about sum drift league squidrin where as twl ripidish r my guys and am huge supportir of the squidrin its like watching the bengals or manchistir unitid play for me. dun care enuf about blowink up space ships to watch ppl play wb/jav or about doing well mysilf in wb/jav becuz i stop caring about teaming/not dying/doing well when i was 15 yrs old n am currintly 32

wud still show and gif effirt for bisink in twdt if neetid but its not the same feeling as twl for me where i am so excitid 2 watch ripidish play ld/lj and watch or play lb if neetid

Comment

Working...
            X