TWL ratings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL ratings

So I was thinking of attempting some sort of basic formula to come up with player ratings for players participating in TWL from my stats sheets. Picking the stats to pull from is the easy part, the hard part however is deciding how much weight to put into each stat. So I guess what I am asking from the players is:

Which stats do you guys feel have the biggest impact? For example in basing ships ft probably the least important.

In no order here are the stats I am thinking of using for each ship:

WARBIRD:

wins, kills, deaths, knockouts, mvp

JAVELIN:

wins, kills, deaths, tks, knockouts, mvp

SPIDER:

wins, kills, deaths, ft, tek, mvp

TERRIER:

wins, kills, deaths, ft, tek

SHARK:

wins, kills, tks, ft, tek, erpd
    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
    (10 seconds later)
    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Knockouts can range from most important to least, especially now with plenty of blowout games.

if its possible to give extra points for first and/or second knockout it might be worthwhile

Comment

already did the work for making formulas that produce values that allow wb/jav/base to be compared to each other and value the things that matter
      feel free to use it, or extend it, w/e, pretty dense info, take time to read it all carefully.
      https://forums.trenchwars.com/forum/...ula-discussion

Comment

~TERRIER~

Transparency:

So I came up with a very BASIC rating for Terrier. I would like to avoid anything overly complicated because well, easier for people to follow. I also figured Terrier would be the easiest to start with the least amount of players playing said ship to see how it turns out.

win = 20 points
        kill =1 point
        tek = 5 points
        death = -5 points

divided by time played

anyone under 80 mins played gets a fat 0

Then I divided it by time played to get a rating per minute stat and threw it up on the google sheet for giggles. I would add in spider kills like Claushouse does which I do feel is important but I feel you shouldn't do that without some way to add in shark effectiveness as well. Especially since sharks are way more important. This put mikkiz in 1st, which was to be expected, he is a great terr with a great team. What wasn't expected was this put Claushouse and Pressure hilariously close together in the rating.
        Last edited by Nipple Nibbler; 06-11-2020, 09:52 AM.

(10 seconds later)

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

~SPIDER~

I tried to tackle spider ratings today. Terrier seemed to cap at just under 2.00, so the goal will be to have spider and shark both stay near but under 2.00. I put a heavier weight on spider for Teks because any idiot can sit on a back wall and get good stats however teks from spiders usually require pushing. I avoided adding FT to the equation because under spiders rarely get near the flag. This is not a final rating just a first pass but here is what I went with, trying to keep it simple again:

win = 20 points
          kill = 0.25 points
          death = -0.25 points
          Tek = 10 points

Again divided by time played.

This ended up pushing spiders like Turban and Dreamwin and Tj Hazuki higher up due to heavy weight on teks, This is fine for Turban and Dreamwin, but Tj Hazuki ended up a little too high on the list with an awful 1.19 K/D (no offence intended Tj). I may have to put a heavier weight on deaths. Pushing is a good thing, but only going 1-1 does not net your team any real advantage, especially when you get free kills from sharks. Other spiders like Ease and Spezza ended further down than I expected, oddly enough since both names frequently pop up in "best active spider" conversations.
          Last edited by Nipple Nibbler; 06-10-2020, 01:51 PM.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

~SHARK~

Not working today (yay) so with extra time on my hands I also took a lame attempt at shark and plan on doing Warbird and Javelin ones today as well. I will steal the idea from rab's post for RPD and go for a more static approach for RPD with set values for 3.0, 2.9, etc. Sharks ratings are the hardest to do especially while trying to keep it simple.

win = 20 points
            kill = 1 point
            tk = -6 points
            tek = 15 points

and for rpd:
            above 3.0 = 100 points
            2.9 to 3.0 = 75 points
            2.8 to 2.9 = 50 points
            2.7 to 2.8 = 25 points
            2.6 to 2.7 = 10 points
            anything less is 0

divided by time played.

-EDIT-
            increase penalty for tks
            decreased rpd points
            Last edited by Nipple Nibbler; 06-14-2020, 08:32 PM.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

~WARBIRD & JAVELIN~

These were easier to do, since I don't really need the numbers to match other ships like in basing. I didn't end up adding mvp into the mix.

kill = 1 point
              death = -1point
              tk = -2 points
              knockout = 3 points
              win = 7 points

divided by time played

Wins might be weighted too heavily, knockouts feels right but I am a baser so I could be clueless there. I still want to add them in simply because turning a match from 5v5 to 5v4 in just about anything changes it up quite a bit.

-edit-
              lowered win points from 10 to 7.
              Last edited by Nipple Nibbler; 06-14-2020, 04:42 PM.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

change ur stats to not include a modifier for time played in wb/jav that's stupid as hell to include since every game is to 50 deaths unlike base where game length variations are actually relevant to stats and ur also rewarding ppl more for fast wins which are vs bad teams and making the longer more competitive games worth less which is really stupid
                Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

also remove quarter final and make it regular season since only 4 teams played qf
                  Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                    also remove quarter final and make it regular season since only 4 teams played qf
                    Because of playoff games being only a few games, I don't really want to make up a bunch of more sheets to separate the season from the playoffs. However in the hidden sheets that I put the data into, it can be easily separated at a later date. If there is a way to possibly get access to stats from previous TWL seasons I would gladly do the work to make up some sort of a "total twl" stats and separate playoffs from seasons.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

Originally posted by beam View Post
                      change ur stats to not include a modifier for time played in wb/jav that's stupid as hell to include since every game is to 50 deaths unlike base where game length variations are actually relevant to stats and ur also rewarding ppl more for fast wins which are vs bad teams and making the longer more competitive games worth less which is really stupid
                      On TWD the current top 10 Warbirds on there? Yea 4 of them (bigking spezza jack warrior) aren't even going 1-1, just pointing that out....

On the PM about not having wins into the equation, I ran a test. The top 10 Warbirds with the current rating are:
                      1) racka
                      2) vys <---(barely meets the minimum time played requirement)
                      3) lasenza
                      4) best
                      5) ease
                      6) mythril
                      7) ro
                      8) beam
                      9) lockdown
                      10) okyo

If I take wins out of the equation this list barely changes, Ro drops out of top 10 and Saiyan enters. It looked like this:
                      1) lasenza
                      2) racka
                      3) best
                      4) vys <---(barely meets the minimum time played requirement)
                      5) beam
                      6) ease
                      7) mythril
                      8) okyo
                      9) saiyan
                      10) lockdown

And here is the current ratings without dividing by time played
                      1) lasenza
                      2) mythril
                      3) best
                      4) saiyan
                      5) okyo / racka
                      7) ro
                      8) ease / flew
                      10) iron survivor

The top 10 list does not change much, just shuffles players around a bit. This was only a first pass at the ratings and it appears to already be better than the TWD ones. It will need to be tweaked here and there, however I do feel that time played and wins are relevant stats and if we remove too many things from the ratings well....we may as well just sort it by K/D.
                      Last edited by Nipple Nibbler; 06-14-2020, 08:06 AM.

(10 seconds later)

Comment

Working...
                      X