X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it was also the wirst league in histiry of ne league

Comment

ya he had to pay people to partcipate lol

i wasnt interested. but for TW the idea could work really well as long as people werent allowed to tweak settings. of course having like.. attachmode or terrs with 1s 4tile bricks or javs w double-bounce prox bombs or etc. could be rad, but if left to their own devices people might make really dumb shit like u had in HZ

The Mind of the Father
      Riding on the subtle guiders
      Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
      Of relentless Fire

Comment

It sounds like there was a fair amount of trolling going on in previous TSL matches. It sounds like clear and harsh penalties into the rules to prevent trolling is required if we make the attempt.
        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
        (10 seconds later)
        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
          If a player is proving during the course of the season that they are having much bigger impacts on games than their rating shows by the stats they are putting up ..account and adjust for this. This is VERY important and how any human Captain would be reacting too.
          Any human captain would bench you, so dont whine about the algorythm.
          Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
          1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

Originally posted by kess View Post

Any human captain would bench you, so dont whine about the algorythm.
            Why u always so mean kess? I'm pretty good u numbnut and started many twls and always top or close to top of squad i'm on in scoring, plus I am defending TSL champion.

So shhhhhs :sleep:
            TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
            TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
            TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Props to whoever is putting up the money.

But to put 5k in a league that has rarely been played (for good reasons) is just plain stupid.

If you’re gonna just throw out five thousand dollars put it towards the most competitive leagues this game has had.

When the word spreads that there will be this amount of cash up for grabs, a lot of players will return.

Another TWL with STRICTER roster limits to FORCE the spread. Cash prizes for each league winner. Maybe an incentive for the most valuable players in each league.

Or another TWDT. But I think TWDT should be changed up. Maybe limiting the amount of times a player can be put on the same team with a captain so there isn’t a specific core being picked every single season, idk something, make it interesting.

this is the first time in the history of this game this amount of money has been put up for an incentive. DONT put it towards a joke league like TSL.

there is a reason TSL was never a premiere league in this game. Let’s not try and experiment now with real money as a prize.
              Last edited by Efhat; 06-23-2020, 06:13 AM.
              FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
              #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

I love it is in TSL myself. Why allow stacked teams to claim a cash prize. We all know the same people stack rosters on squads over and over and it will shut out the entire zone besides like14 people from having any chance to play for cash. Individual competition for cash is much more fair. That way everyone has an even chance. Well besides lag, exploits and monitors.

If such a large sum of money truly is being thrown at this I support spreading it out amongst many people. A huge cash prize for 3 people or something is not really going to incentivize people to play besides the top 10. However making 30 spots for a chance to play amd make some cash will get players hyped to play and return.

TSL of TWEL or some other type venture is best imo.
                Last edited by Jessup; 06-23-2020, 10:26 AM.
                TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

There were no cash prizes and still a few small incidents of feeding in TSL. Now inject $5000 in cash prizes into the mix.

One of the main benefits of being a small community and playing for nothing but the love of the game and pride is that the instances of cheating in this game are very low relative to other online competitive games. That's honestly one of the best features of Trench Wars.

It might help having the games recorded, and the Matchbot recording who killed who, so you can identify suspicious feeding, then look at the tape. TKs in jav need to be punished with -2 kills (although I think my old formulas already did that), terrs warping to spawn should count as a death (dunno how you'd do that).

Whoever is running the league is going to have an extremely challenging task policing the player base. Getting ahead of anticipated behaviors like trolling and feeding might save you a lot of trouble down the road if you plan for it and implement features ahead of time.

I also like Qan's suggestion of further incentivizing winning. You could change the Team Win Bonus to +10 and any loss by any amount is simply 0. So win or lose the equivalent of 10 kills in bonus score. That way if you go ham and get a 20-10 and lose you still get a nice $30 score, but if you had won it would be $40, which is a huge difference. Now suddenly massaging your rec for an extra 3 kills isn't worth it because you're risking losing $10 if you're not doing everything to win.

I don't know if I'm going to play TSL, but I really want to try to get across that the people running this league need a lot of help and support and preparation to make their lives easier, and wish them nothing but happiness and success in their venture.

Volunteering in this game is such a thankless task and we need to put these people in positions to succeed and try to be as empathetic as possible.

I can't emphasize this enough: TWL and TWDT are mostly self-policing because team captains have every incentive to bench trolls and feeders. TSL puts the entire burden on the league ops. This is a seismic shift. Try to make sure they have the tools and support necessary to swiftly deal with issues that arise ahead of time.
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Recommended formulas would be the old TSL formulas for WB and Jav, and newer formulas for Base.

TSLD:

Kills + Plus-Minus + Win Bonus

TSLJ:

Kills + Plus-Minus + Win Bonus - (TKs * 3)

TSLB:

These are the best and latest terr and spider formulas I have. Improvements over old TSLB formulas and stronger weights on time won and winning, albeit complicated.

For shark.... ?\_(ツ)_/?

And again, I would strongly consider removing base from TSL. It is a huge pain in the ass and the weakest link. Opening up the cram and shortening games to 10 minutes might help. The 3 minute warp reset we tried in ?go base last year would also be interesting, although I'm one of the few who likes it.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                      ...terrs warping to spawn should count as a death (dunno how you'd do that).
                      Disagree. There is strategy to warping out in particular situations. If someone is simply doing it to preserve rec (eg, SpookedOne), then I agree that it should be punishable in a money league. Agree with most of the rest though.

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                      I would strongly consider removing base from TSL. It is a huge pain in the ass and the weakest link. Opening up the cram and shortening games to 10 minutes might help. The 3 minute warp reset we tried in ?go base last year would also be interesting, although I'm one of the few who likes it.
                      Please no lol

Wirah Any idea when the formal announcement will be made? Seems in the TSL forum there are some questions from newcomers who saw the in-game advert.

Comment

Originally posted by Efhat View Post
                        Props to whoever is putting up the money.

But to put 5k in a league that has rarely been played (for good reasons) is just plain stupid.

If you’re gonna just throw out five thousand dollars put it towards the most competitive leagues this game has had.

When the word spreads that there will be this amount of cash up for grabs, a lot of players will return.

Another TWL with STRICTER roster limits to FORCE the spread. Cash prizes for each league winner. Maybe an incentive for the most valuable players in each league.

Or another TWDT. But I think TWDT should be changed up. Maybe limiting the amount of times a player can be put on the same team with a captain so there isn’t a specific core being picked every single season, idk something, make it interesting.

this is the first time in the history of this game this amount of money has been put up for an incentive. DONT put it towards a joke league like TSL.

there is a reason TSL was never a premiere league in this game. Let’s not try and experiment now with real money as a prize.
                        Why not just invest it all in CCL?

Ok just kidding, sorry to derail the thread.
                        zidane> big play
                        Omega Red> dwop sick
                        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

TWLH (hybrid league)

Just a thought: having some sort of squad core + draft hybrid would be interesting. Start with free recruiting until squad cores of 5-8 players are formed, then those who did not get recruited to a squad core enter free agency, and each team then drafts from the free agent pool. Thoughts?

Comment

I am getting a strong sentiment from numerous vets posting on this thread that TSL is a bad idea to bring back, let alone with a 5K winning pot attached to it.. So am curious, staff, are you guys going to listen to feedback here or just run with TSL regardless of what we are saying? It's worrisome since most of these impactful decisions get made behind the scenes on Slack channels with a handful of people. Hopefully for something like this, there's more incorporation of community feedback.

My vote is to just bring TWDT back, inject more captains, adjust star ratings to help people lower rated to get played or even mandate that captains must play 1 6*, 2 7*, 1 8* and whatever they want after be it a 9 or 10. Just rambling so don't flame me bro's but you get the point. TSL is a really bad league and even the creator of it acknowledged the league was ass. It's been dormant for years for a legit reason.

Put the 5K on the server and do TWDT. Thanks and have a great rest of your week (everyone who read this). Cheers!

Edit: Forgot to mention why I don't think TSL is a good idea, especially with 5k attached.
                            Firstly, 5k winning pot is going to bring out a lot of players who've been absent from the game. But they'll be playing a sub-par league that at the end of the day is not fun, giving them little incentive to stick around after it's conclusion. TWDT or something like that would be a much better idea as it's a more polished experience. Don't forget too, TSL had insane wait times sometimes just because of the nature of it. You'd show on a weeknight and literally wait for an hour to play due to being benched or not having enough players to start. Then you factor in the poor quality of games.. it's a shit league.

Comment

I support the idea of TSL prize cash. We coming from a twdt and twl marathon.
                              Would be a good to have a different thing going on.
                              TWLD 2016 Champion
                              TWDTD champion x 3
                              Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

allow twl w/ 5k prize, abit smallir rostirs, and perhaps like all teams that make it to semis to get some $ instead of jus winnir. cud haf flattish payout structire. cud encourage efery1 to vs becuz eefin though there are many cowirts who dun belief they haf chance to win, most ppl belief they cud atleast make it to playiffs/compete for top 4

Comment

Working...
                                X