No announcement yet.

Next League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas still brewing, TSL may not be the way to go, all input noted from all sides. Let's get this figured out. I'm busy to the point of mental exhaustion, didn't get the break I thought I would, another couple weeks of pure hell and then I should be OK. The coronavirus can suck an egg. All effort greatly valued, thanks
    "You're a gentleman," they used to say to him. "You shouldn't have gone murdering people with a hatchet; that's no occupation for a gentleman."
    -Dostoevsky's Crime and Punishment

Comment

• Thank you Wirah for being so generous. $5000 is a lot of money to put in one league, especially it's always the handful of squads winning them. It would be nice to give a chance for the general population to win. If some of that $ can be allocated to TW events, that would give people that aren't really skilled enough to compete in the leagues a chance to win something. Some popular events that come up to mind - oldfishies/dodgeball/gatez3/balanceout/ etc are good candidates for everyone to participate. Make TW Event Great Again

Comment

• TSL I feel would get quite toxic, there was already so much harassment just from shiny "e-medals" in the first season.
        1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
        1:pascone> folder is empty :/
        1:Tiny> LOL
        1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

• Originally posted by warbirdmaster#1 View Post
          Thank you Wirah for being so generous. $5000 is a lot of money to put in one league, especially it's always the handful of squads winning them. It would be nice to give a chance for the general population to win. If some of that $ can be allocated to TW events, that would give people that aren't really skilled enough to compete in the leagues a chance to win something. Some popular events that come up to mind - oldfishies/dodgeball/gatez3/balanceout/ etc are good candidates for everyone to participate. Make TW Event Great Again
          If there were a saturday afternoon of old school hosting with cash prizes, people would come out of the woodwork

Comment

• TSL I feel would get quite toxic, there was already so much harassment just from shiny "e-medals" in the first season. People having secret "deals" to feed each other for prizes etc would be hard to enforce also.
            1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
            1:pascone> folder is empty :/
            1:Tiny> LOL
            1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Comment

• Originally posted by kentaro View Post
              TSL I feel would get quite toxic, there was already so much harassment just from shiny "e-medals" in the first season. People having secret "deals" to feed each other for prizes etc would be hard to enforce also.
              This.
              the majority of the community is already saying TSL is a terrible idea. Don’t know why were continuing it, especially with that type of money on the line.
              but whatever
              FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
              SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
              TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
              #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

• I like Pressures idea of giving the biggest prize for TWL, running TSL with smaller prizes at the same time, and we could throw some money at events as WBM suggested.

How much to give per game and the logistics of actually getting it to people needs to be hashed out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cape View Post
                  I like Pressures idea of giving the biggest prize for TWL, running TSL with smaller prizes at the same time, and we could throw some money at events as WBM suggested.

How much to give per game and the logistics of actually getting it to people needs to be hashed out.
                  The details/logistics can be hashed out over time, but I can't imagine there just being a $5,000 prize split amongst the "winning teams". The prize money could also be distributed for different accolades, for example:

$xxx to TWL winning squad captain (multiple winners)
                  $xxx to TWL finals starter (multiple winners)
                  $xxx for MVP in a finals match (multiple winners)
                  $xxx to regular season kill leader (one winner per league)
                  $xxx to post season kill leader (one winner per league)

In my opinion, the best way to pursue this whole concept would be to start with either a money-incentivized TWDT or TWDT/squad core hybrid (with each captain having a core of 4-6 total players and then drafting on top of that from a pool of free agents). Then, after gaining traction and incentivizing people to return to the game, squads can form in the background and money-incentivized TWL can be announced/hosted. Most would agree that diving into another TWL is not the best idea. Using another league to help build interest in TWL would be ideal.

Btw, I don't know if I ever formally thanked Wirah/Method for his willingness to put up the money, but it is so unbelievably kind and generous of you to contribute to the game in such a huge way. Thank you so much.

Comment

• Can we get an update from Wirah?

Comment

• Could also make use of the fantasy league we had.( TWLM? TWManager?) Everyone would have a chance to win some cash, not just top-tier players.
                      It's difficult to determine the optimal format for distributing this money. Wirah will have a lot to think about.

Comment

• In my opinion, the best way to pursue this whole concept would be to start with either a money-incentivized TWDT or TWDT/squad core hybrid (with each captain having a core of 4-6 total players and then drafting on top of that from a pool of free agents).
                        I have no consideration towards the prize money; pressures proposal is my vote as the next league to be played. TWDT where each team is composed of a 3-person core instead of just 1 captain. Three seems like a nice prime number and would allow it to feel more like TWDT; Three will emphasize the draft moreso than would a six-person core, for example. Three ppl per team would also be easier to organize, and reduce the effect of stacking.

I propose going one step further and putting NO STAR CAP for the three-member core, but having a cap for all drafted players where it would function like a normal TWDT, with readjusted numbers (on that note, BASE division should add an extra star number and see how it goes: 5-10). If one of the core players is unable to show, the team may substitute with a drafted player of the same or lower Star*.

So to scale for the remaining five: a star cap of 52, with the three core players (or any allowed substitutes) not counting towards the total.

With Jav and WB .... since there are only 5 players .... only 2 of the 3 players of a team's core may play without counting towards the star cap - the two lowest starred. Star cap or no star cap, with 4-6 players you'd have to implement something like this for jav and wb or the draft essentially wouldnt matter for these 2 leagues as a team can fill every spot with their core.

I envision this being a fun league tho and feelin like a nice hybrid of TWL and TWDT

The Mind of the Father
                        Riding on the subtle guiders
                        Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                        Of relentless Fire

Comment

• edited.
                          Last edited by Beast; 06-29-2020, 03:42 AM.
                          2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

• How about we have one TSL then a twdt ($50 per division so $300) and a twl. $600 prize money go to the TWL winning teams ($200 per league). That way we stretch out the reward money and keep a reason to keep playing for the next 5 years and keep TWL the competitive league as it should be.
                            Just create another cell in twd player tables for cash earnt to record cash won for now and work out how to get that money later on and lets go.

Each league set in stone what date they start and matches are played and keep them playing on that same date range every year. By now we should be able to decide on one league format per league. We should only be making minor adjustments each year so we can fix things that arise during that season like invisible javs.

I would like to see TWLM return and did apply to be staff during the previous TWL in order to work on it but after two weeks of waiting I retracted the offer... with time permitting I am working on remaking it but no promises.
                            Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
                            TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

• Originally posted by Ardour View Post
                              How about we have one TSL then a twdt ($50 per division so $300) and a twl. $600 prize money go to the TWL winning teams ($200 per league). That way we stretch out the reward money and keep a reason to keep playing for the next 5 years and keep TWL the competitive league as it should be.
                              Just create another cell in twd player tables for cash earnt to record cash won for now and work out how to get that money later on and lets go.

Each league set in stone what date they start and matches are played and keep them playing on that same date range every year. By now we should be able to decide on one league format per league. We should only be making minor adjustments each year so we can fix things that arise during that season like invisible javs.

I would like to see TWLM return and did apply to be staff during the previous TWL in order to work on it but after two weeks of waiting I retracted the offer... with time permitting I am working on remaking it but no promises.
                              I like the idea of spreading out the prize money somehow, however, $200 spread across 5-8 players may not be enough to incentivize people to return/play. Though if you told me I would have gotten $40-50 for winning TWLB I would have been stoked, just not sure retired players will come back for the small return.

Comment

• We really shouldn't be doing back to back TWL. TWL should stay once a year, it kills the zone. Maybe instead of one huge 5k payout for one event, allow smaller payouts throughout the course of the year over many events. This would give incentives to players to stay active, instead of just disappear after one event.
                                Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                                (10 seconds later)
                                rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                                P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X