Next League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I actually like Pressures idea a lot.
    how about a modified TWDT with a specific core.
    like each team starts off with a high rated WB/jav/baser
    and we go from there?
    FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
    SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
    TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
    #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

• That idea kind of ruins all excitement at the top of the draft since essentially the top 24 picks will all be decided before the draft even happens? The right 3 superstars grouping up could determine the entire draft too

It seems unlikely that tsl will be going forward. If anyone is interested in running twdt or some sort modified twdt, please reach out to staff

Comment

• Originally posted by zidane View Post
        That idea kind of ruins all excitement at the top of the draft since essentially the top 24 picks will all be decided before the draft even happens? The right 3 superstars grouping up could determine the entire draft too

It seems unlikely that tsl will be going forward. If anyone is interested in running twdt or some sort modified twdt, please reach out to staff
        I can help on the side and support a lead TWDT op. However, I cannot commit to being the lead TWDT op.

Money-incentivized TWL should follow TWDT and should be announced at the start of TWDT to stimulate interest, activity, and squad formation.

Comment

• Originally posted by zidane View Post
          That idea kind of ruins all excitement at the top of the draft since essentially the top 24 picks will all be decided before the draft even happens? The right 3 superstars grouping up could determine the entire draft too

"ruins all" is extreme. it would be a hybrid of TWL and TWDT, so you'd have to compromise a little to get the best of both. you could also impose a star cap on the 3-core. across all leagues. for instance, a 78* cap you could have a 8 8 10, 9 7 9, 10 9 8 as your trio. 3-core's with higher overall star total could be handicapped in various ways during draft, eg. the team with the lowest star total of their 3-core gets first draft pick, etc. then it runs just like TWDT. very simple

there should still remain in tact a competitive element resembling TWL... thus the strongest and most smartly-put together core should have the advantage.

the biggest challenge i see here is ensuring people across the league care enough to assemble a good group of core-teams, but I think we could make it happen

edit: just imagining an even lower star count like 72* for the 3-core could be really interesting. limit the strength of the cores. also imagining it.. star capping the core... 4-core might be more interesting than 3.
          Last edited by Poseidon; 06-30-2020, 12:51 PM.

The Mind of the Father
          Riding on the subtle guiders
          Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
          Of relentless Fire

Comment

• Originally posted by Poseidon View Post
            ...there should still remain in tact a competitive element resembling TWL...
            Lol, no where in my post did I suggest that a hybrid league would ever replace TWL as this statement suggests.

Comment

• "replace twl"? ???????

im not trying to replace anything, and im having trouble understanding the discrepancy between my communication and your comprehension of it... i was just riffing off of your own proposal for TWDT, which in part was interesting to me because of the competitive element added by allowing the teams to assemble their own small cores before draft, a la TWL.

The Mind of the Father
              Of relentless Fire

Comment

• OK noobs, you're spending too much time talking about it. Just run TWDT. That is all.

Comment

• or could run a simple variation of TWDT which could potentially be significantly more fun and competitive!

The Mind of the Father
                  Of relentless Fire

Comment

• i'll say the same thing i said in 2019: i'm not very interested in playing more than one TWL per calendar year.

it's bad for the zone, and kills activity.

winning TWL is an important part of being an elite player so it has to be run once a year to give people a chance to win it, but we already have a much better and more competitively balanced league in TWDT.

TWDT is more fun and promotes activity, and the majority of the zone thinks it is the better league.

the only holdouts are a few TWL players who created some bullshit mythos about their talent playing on insanely stacked lines, and TWDT exposes their inability to actually carry, so they neg the league and pretend TWL is the only thing that matters, even though 95% of the zone disagrees with them.

it's almost as cringe as listening to mediocre players saying TWL is a joke because it's just stackers who win. no, the best teams recruit and play the best players. the point is to be good enough to start on those teams. obviously once you're on them your odds of winning are very good.

they're both important leagues, but TWDT can and should be run way more often because it has a lot of parity and let's a ton of people start. unlike zid, though, i do like the idea of having a TWDT where you start with a small core, and i've brought the idea up myself before.

i am also a fan of running one TWDT per year without star caps. winning as a 10* is incredibly difficult and rewarding (harder than winning TWL) and i like it, but having to do it 2-3x a year it feels burdensome and sucks some of the fun out of it. sometimes it's just nice to be able to play without feeling like you have to go super saiyan every game to win.

TWDT is the best league, but using the same Star Cap system over and over again isn't something I am a fan of, I think the old max slots system or no star cap would be a nice change of pace every other season.

top 100 basers list

Comment

• I think someone should step up and announce something soon, game been ded last days.
                      TWLD 2016 Champion
                      TWDTD champion x 3
                      Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

• Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                        i'll say the same thing i said in 2019: i'm not very interested in playing more than one TWL per calendar year.

^ What that guy said. ^

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                        winning as a 10* is incredibly difficult and rewarding (harder than winning TWL) and i like it, but having to do it 2-3x a year it feels burdensome and sucks some of the fun out of it.
                        Claushouse What about separating the * count for basing, this would allow you to shark or spider without having to attempt to carry as a 10* terrier, which is a really hard ship to carry from as 10*.
                        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                        (10 seconds later)
                        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

• draft league without stars. The 6 stars that get to play aren't newbs anyways.
                          lukas93> ed if talks come to your door and black if you do not already six!

Comment

• Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                            i'll say the same thing i said in 2019: i'm not very interested in playing more than one TWL per calendar year.

winning TWL is an important part of being an elite player so it has to be run once a year to give people a chance to win it, but we already have a much better and more competitively balanced league in TWDT.

TWDT is more fun and promotes activity, and the majority of the zone thinks it is the better league.

the only holdouts are a few TWL players who created some bullshit mythos about their talent playing on insanely stacked lines, and TWDT exposes their inability to actually carry, so they neg the league and pretend TWL is the only thing that matters, even though 95% of the zone disagrees with them.

it's almost as cringe as listening to mediocre players saying TWL is a joke because it's just stackers who win. no, the best teams recruit and play the best players. the point is to be good enough to start on those teams. obviously once you're on them your odds of winning are very good.

they're both important leagues, but TWDT can and should be run way more often because it has a lot of parity and let's a ton of people start. unlike zid, though, i do like the idea of having a TWDT where you start with a small core, and i've brought the idea up myself before.

i am also a fan of running one TWDT per year without star caps. winning as a 10* is incredibly difficult and rewarding (harder than winning TWL) and i like it, but having to do it 2-3x a year it feels burdensome and sucks some of the fun out of it. sometimes it's just nice to be able to play without feeling like you have to go super saiyan every game to win.

TWDT is the best league, but using the same Star Cap system over and over again isn't something I am a fan of, I think the old max slots system or no star cap would be a nice change of pace every other season.
                            Tbh, I think with the amount of 10 stars like last season, we could go back to the 6-7-8-unlimited-unlimited cap. I felt last season the 10 stars got punished very hard. Or maybe create more teams if possible to spread it all, depending on signups.

I am willing to step up, but I have the problem of not being able to show every sunday for the whole evening (mainly base). So I would need people to jump in place in case of emergencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

Tbh, I think with the amount of 10 stars like last season, we could go back to the 6-7-8-unlimited-unlimited cap. I felt last season the 10 stars got punished very hard. Or maybe create more teams if possible to spread it all, depending on signups.

I am willing to step up, but I have the problem of not being able to show every sunday for the whole evening (mainly base). So I would need people to jump in place in case of emergencies.
                              As said, I should be able l to help with this, I just can't take full lead. TWDT is and has always been way less serious/competitive than TWL has ever been (TWDT used to be a bit more competitive/serious, but became even less serious/competitive with the introduction of star caps and the fostering of newer/lesser known players), so I'm sure there are workarounds and multiple people who'd be willing to step up and help host a less serious/intense league than TWL.

Comment

• What me/pressure are proposing is not TWL. Not sure if thats whats being insinuated.

Begin TWDT.
                                Instead of one cap per team, have 3. Their total star count must be less than 78 or whatev number. Or not.
                                Run draft.
                                Have * cap for league. Or not.

If there is a **** cap, something should change with the way Basing is done. Allow individual ship ratings if a player requests it, like Nip is suggesting. Also broaden the star cap to 5-10*

~~~~~~~~~~~
                                edit: re: individual ship ratings: A way of doing this without it getting too out of hand is to allow each player one extra separately rated ship, if requested. Eg. a thread could be started and I would post that I would like to be rated for Shark specifically in addition to my Main Rating... One xtra ship only - not two. Any ship I play that isnt shark counts towards Main Rating.
                                Then Any1 who wants the 1 xtra ship rating can post in the thread and we can keep it easily organized.
                                Last edited by Poseidon; 07-01-2020, 11:00 AM.

The Mind of the Father
                                Of relentless Fire

Comment

Working...
                                X