TWLD - Loser's edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD - Loser's edition

Firstly, congrats to Monster/Fire for making it to the finals. It was a relatively fun season seeing all the old names and some new ones. It wasn't as stacked as previous seasons and it was nice to see.

Secondly, its nice to see all those "pro" players from participation leagues like TWDT that started growing enormous egos eat their own ass when they aren't farming 5*/6* shitters all game. (had players like 703 try to 4v5 me in a twd match, like rly? :laugh

Stray Lineup - Zapata, Mega newbie, Warrior, Delectable , Bike, Tok, Halls

Stray had pretty good season overall. They were a bit of a wildcard as I wasn't really sure where to place them in the beginning. After getting losing key games in week 1 and 2 to Plade, Rapid and Gun by large margins it wasn't looking too good for them. Picking up Bike was a great move as they were missing a more aggro player in their lineup. You could see that their teaming started to come together, coupled with good radar play they were able to make some upsets (week 4 vs Monster). I didn't watch much of the playoffs vs Monster but it seems they had a couple people do poorly in each round and got overwhelmed. (PS. I wasn't sure if I went to ?go TWLD or ?go Super8Buffet as I saw people eating left and right for the 5 mins I entered arena)

Plade Lineup - Lasenza, Mythril, Best, Flew, Dreamwin, Trasher, Hackysack.

Plade dominated the regular season going 9-1 as expected. Their big 3 Mythril (Lebron), Best (Dwade) and Lasenza (Boshtrich) was looking like a lock for the Finals. Unfortunately maybe the stage was too big as Hackysack choked his first big appearance in TWL playoffs. I would have to say this was a bit of a disappointment losing in 2 rounds vs Monster and neither was that close as they were hyped as the top 1/2 squads to beat. Either way, I enjoyed the games we did get to play vs these guys and was glad to see them incorporate less experienced players in their LD line.

Rapid Lineup - Riverside, Creature, Jones, Geio, Geisha, Paky Dude

Dark horse in this TWL season, lots of old players. Was nice to see Creature back in TW, have to say with how little they've been on they looked quite good. Have they bothered to play outside of Sundays they could have done much better, especially beating both Gun and Stray in regular season and having a decent showing vs Plade/Monster.

Gun Lineup - Turban, Saiyan, Nowon, Rough, Jack & Kentaro

fuck Ricko for telling me to come back to TW then quitting on me . Although we choked in semi's vs Fire I am proud of our team. We started the season losing something like 20 straight dds to lululemon, plade, stray, monster and fire. We looked absolutely terrible and almost lost to Spark in week 2. I was rusty as fuck and Ricko was on the verge of quitting TW.

Big shoutout to Rough/Saiyan/Jack/Nowon/(Turban?) for being active every single week and texting me to log on for dds. We definitely improved quite a bit throughout the weeks although we came up short. Our line was half javs/basers but we had confidence we could win & I was actually having fun playing with these guys and motivated to get better.

At the end of the day I really enjoyed it and am lowkey glad I dont have pressure to log on anymore LOL :laugh:. I might be done with this officially now unless I make the poor decision of signup up for another TWDT. Cya nerds later
    1:Foreign> i screenshot every time i get mvp in javs
    1:pascone> folder is empty :/
    1:Tiny> LOL
    1:Mega Newbie> uhauhauhauhauhauha

1:Ricko> i havent played so well and gone 4-7 before

Thanks for playing this season. You took a team that no one considered to have a chance and almost did the impossible. Well played.
    Phiz> I probably am gay
    Phiz> I just haven't realized it yet

Comment

Was a pleasure dude, had a lot of fun. Good write up!

Comment

Good write up and I hope this isn't the last of you. You were one of the first players I looked up to when I started getting into TWD. I know I wasn't always the best of teammates and I made some shitty decisions and mistakes in my time on this game, but it's truly been an honor to play with you and to get to know you. Same goes for Ricko. I wish I did things differently, but I can't change any of that now. All the people I've truly enjoyed playing with have quit or are extremely inactive. Life goes on and I wish you the best!!

Comment

y did unkil ricko quit?

Comment

it was a fun season as underdogs and we performed well considering our hybrid lineup consisting mostly of javelins and baser players. it was nice having you around.

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
              y did unkil ricko quit?
              Presumably because this game is dead in EU timezone.

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                Presumably because this game is dead in EU timezone.
                nah, he was burned out with the game and didn't enjoy it anymore. it was that simple. no point forcing someone to play.

Comment

Well played!

Comment

I had a lot of fun "practicing" / learning how to be competant in wb the past couple weeks and you were a big reason why! You're a grade A squad mate and if needed I can dye my hair ginger to bring you back for next twl.

I want to also say thx to twdd active teams (mostly) monster, plade, and stray for making this fun twdd season where it was possible to improve during twl because of the zones activity. I had fun and the games were never toxic. I only started these 3 games but I enjoyed guns WB team alot big thx to all of you.
                    gg fire way to be clutch, hopefully see people around.
                    TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
                    (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
                    PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
                    AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

y cant unkil ricko take a loss furthirmore how the fk r u undirdogs

Comment

sry this abit harsh but plz undirstind that jus cuz your squidrin wasn't as stacked as usual in wirbirt/u weren't the odds on favourite doesn't make u an undirdig u impicil

Comment

great write-up kentaro, thanks for this.

gun definitely put in a fantastic playoff run and should be proud. you guys were up 38-30 in round 3 against a team that was 10-0 and almost pulled off the upset, was really impressive three rounds.

plade had an awesome season and some legends in, and i thought they were a lock for the finals. i think their 5th starting spot ended up being their achilles heel, and none of their depth players were able to perform. i really thought trasher was the best answer, and that maybe they should have stuck with him even after 1 poor round.

stray also got into shape and had a very respectable season, and even though i don't get along with zapata i think you have to be objective and come to the conclusion that he killed it this season and really performed well.

monster really impressed me taking down plade, i thought they would be broken after losing to thunder and rage last season but they proved me wrong and really stepped up. nice work.

players who i thought had really impressive seasons from those teams:

okyo (monster) -- after a really disappointing season in TWDT-D, roared back and has been venomous in TWLD to form a lethal 1/2 punch with iron survivor

zapata (stray) -- led an underdog team and had a superb season going 120-90 and strong playoff showing

creature (rapid) -- the 2-time TWLD champion still has it and him and prog (who is that?) were the backbone of rapid

saiyan (gun) -- showed up in his first TWLD and played really well

iron survivor (monster) -- continues to be the best player on his team year after year and puts in consistent performances every season

kentaro (gun) -- unretired and looked excellent in WB and nearly knocked off fire

mythril (plade) -- another really strong season from a Top 5 all-time hall of famer

turban (gun) -- showed his TWLD title last season as rage's 5th wasn't a fluke, he's just plain good in every ship

lasenza (plade) -- hate him all you want but he's a really elite wb who had another good season

best (plade) -- another good season from the 2015-2016 TWLD MVP

sprackle (spastic) went 90-74 on Spastic, that's pretty impressive

top 100 basers list

Comment

It was a nice season, alot of good squads and some nice games.

Stray had a good season, the comeback at the end,making playoffs on last day was great effort. Bike joining was def the gamechanger.
                            Rapid improved alot during season, Creature and Prog were huge there.
                            Gun wow, those guys were amazing. At some point during season something really changed and they had like a magical chemistry togheter who could put any enemy down, what a great improvement you guys put out there, smaller squads should just look at you guys and work to do the same. Saiyan was brilliant player most of the time.
                            Plade Mythril is a nice guy, really like him, pretty much thats what i can say about them. Heard alot of trashtalk and gossip of some of their players, it was good motivation for me and my players.. Reminds me of dice 2016 wich we already know what happened.

Hope everyone keep playing and try to keep game alive.
                            TWLD 2016 Champion
                            TWDTD champion x 3
                            Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

iron survivor showing his face in this thread about 5 days too soon
                              Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Working...
                              X