This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solution 1:

code the bot to not allow ship changes for dead players.

Solution 2:

disable specials in basing, they are all kinds of cheese anyways.
    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
    (10 seconds later)
    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Pretty lame dreamwin did that. Even more lame that the bug even exists. Not gonna lie I get dw, the game was over.. done.. there’s not really a negative in exploiting a bug, if it doesn’t work well the game is over, and if it does work and they win because of it.. well here we are discussing it and has at least a small chance of getting away with it.. lame af and should obviously be replayed.

Dreamwin knew 100% what he was doing, lets be real. He’s a smart dude who knows very well all the bugs that exist. It’s so sad to see vets, even worse a leader in the zone try to do such a thing.

Comment

that video from the past TWDT is again just a show of dreamwin bombing a defenseless cram regardless of his ship being visible.. again the enemy team had no shark to rep in that instance

these all seem like some bad examples, does this bug exploit somehow make dreamwin's ship invincible or somethin?
        if all this does is make dreamwin invisible for .5 seconds then who the fuck cares, I've seen laggers in this game having better advantages than that and no one has asked to ban them for "cheating"

we all know that if that bug was so easy to pull off Fire would have been the first ones to take advantage of it, buncha nerds that will do anything to win, if all else fails try to appeal it lol

in the end dreamwin was just at the right place right time and did a good bomb when your cram was left open to be bombed... were you expecting him to wait 2 seconds to bomb just in case he might not be visible for you guys? the fuck is that lol

subspace2020

Comment

Originally posted by Hulk View Post
          Also, saying Zid had "0" reps is an irrelevant argument because you play slower as a shark when you know there is a Jav.
          Also because there are 5 spiders on the team who would have been shooting at a jav if there was a jav to shoot at.

Comment

The ship being invisible when changing/resetting ships within the normal respawn time is a bug of the game which we are unable to fix. However, there are ways to prevent the bug from ever happening in the first place by never changing/resetting a player within the respawn time frame.

What frustrates me is the fact that such a feature is currently present in MatchBot. Hell, I even added it myself last year, but, for some reason I can't recall, the feature is either disabled or not present in any of the basing game modes.

So this could all have been prevented. I've let you all down big time, and for that I'm well and truly sorry.

Comment

Replay with Fire having a 29 second head start
              J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
              8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
                the claim that Fire would've definitely gone on to win the game. Again, pure conjecture. The game was 14-14.
                1) No, it was 14:25 - 13:54

2) We had a cram with all 5 spiders alive, you had 2 spiders in weak position and were nowhere near being able to break in time to win. That's a dominant, winning position with only 35 seconds left. By the time you get enough spids alive, kill our entire team, break, and dive flag, the game is already over.

top 100 basers list

Comment

I don't really have a stance yet, I need to sit with it for some more time. If replay is on the table, replaying a single game one week later would feel odd. Replaying the entire best of 3 series may be better.

Comment

Ive seen people use jav in basing nothing new, no cheat. Rules clearly allow this and it isn't cheating since there nothing defined for it!
                    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                      Ive seen people use jav in basing nothing new, no cheat. Rules clearly allow this and it isn't cheating since there nothing defined for it!
                      Yes, javs have been used in basing, but saying this particular usage is allowed just because it isn't explicitly stated as cheating would be the most american thing to say.

The rules clearly state that any bug/glitch abuse/exploit is forbidden in Trench Wars. Just because you are able to do it doesn't mean you are allowed to. As it was exploited while knowing of the bugs existence it would suggest this rule was violated. I will not make any call on this however as I'm partially to blame for it happening in the first place. Instead I would just ask, is this the way you'd want to succeed in life?

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post

Yes, javs have been used in basing, but saying this particular usage is allowed just because it isn't explicitly stated as cheating would be the most american thing to say.

The rules clearly state that any bug/glitch abuse/exploit is forbidden in Trench Wars. Just because you are able to do it doesn't mean you are allowed to. As it was exploited while knowing of the bugs existence it would suggest this rule was violated. I will not make any call on this however as I'm partially to blame for it happening in the first place. Instead I would just ask, is this the way you'd want to succeed in life?
                        zidane is guilty of doing the same bug as DW did. Look at the history a tw OP doing it makes it fair for DW to do it. Precedence is set

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

I've literally seen 4 appeals every time ogron loses something in the last 3 years. Its embarrassing . Lag happens .. especially in base...get over it.
                          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

had clownhouse had put this much effort with paladen that squad would still be around but he let it die out. Zidane is 40 years old and takes this game way to serious man never logs off same with his buddy beam bat breath, both of you guys sit and watch next week and watch Plade win again with Dreamwin clutch combo jav bomb smash hit double guac guac finish
                            Last edited by 2pac; 06-15-2020, 03:11 AM.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post
                              This would be a hard decision to make, but regardless of it being replayed or not I think a forfeit is going too far. If this is some sort of abuse that dreamwin has been warned for, it should fall on him not the entire team.
                              The way to think about the forfeit is this - If you set up a replay starting scenario with Fire's strength respected, Fire would win the game. That's why it's pointless bothering, and why a forfeit makes sense in this context. The game was basically over, Fire had already won. To set up a BO1 or BO3 replay any other way, as some have suggested, would reward Plade for cheating, making future cheating worthwhile.

The way to think about dreamwin vs Plade is this - I have sympathy for other Plade members who were robbed of their opportunity to finish the game cleanly. I like to think they have some honorable members who don't support the cheating, although I don't expect they'd post about it. The fact is the cheating wasn't comitted by a Fire player, it was by a Plade captain. If you're on a team and you cheat, you should expect your team to be punished.

The damage was done by Plade to Fire, hence the appeal from Fire, and the ruling should:
                              a. not reward the cheater
                              b. punish the cheater
                              c. make Fire whole

Jessup + 2pac - ?go

Comment

Rab has got to be the most retardest motherfucker alive lol ur boy zidane done the same shit during twdt so all the shit FIRE says is out the door it won't work no appeal, no rules broken.

Plade won fair and square, claushouse got hit with a jav bomb he never realised what happened by that time Plade took control.

See the video porkjet says> dw jav before he does it so he knows players would use jav to get into base during last min close game. Fair play.

Rab stick to ?go

Scrub I own you and ya shit squad talking to a legend here bitch I'll smack my nuts across ya face next time ya mention my name.

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
                                X