Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think there are people retiring after the outcome of this appeal...

Comment

Clutch play by the DW TRAIN! #CHOO CHOOO!

Bad timing by sharks. Pretty simple.

Might as well try to appeal when someone eats a bullet on 9 and wins the duel while your at it.

Congratulations Plade on the finals birth

Comment

Bram you can’t possibly consider the last FR battle to be fair when literally 8 people on the team are confused as to how we lost our cram to an invisible javelin lol? Come on man

Comment

Staff should be very transparent about who is discussing this situation and who will be making the decisions moving forward.

Comment

This was a "known issue" going into this season, and nothing was done about it? looooooool.

Only way to fix it is to write rules against it before next season which should have been done after it happened in TWDTB. For instance, in the rules Zid linked there's even a line which DIRECTLY addresses flag jupes:

5. Replaying of Interrupted Matches and Postponements

If an unpredictable server crash, router failure, server lag, TWLBot failure, flag jupe, or any other in-game event has an impact on a game in progress as determined by the referee, the match will be cancelled and all current scores discarded. The game will then be replayed at a later time.

zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

The fact that dw was invisible isn't even the most game changing part in this equation. It's actually the 4 seconds he saved by skipping the respawn time. Unfortunately that is how matchbot behaved (yes, behaved. From now on both twbd and twlb have a switch delay during a respawn) and can't really be called bug abuse. At most it would be a lame way to win.

As for who makes the final call in this situation. Tiny is the second TWL op this season, so I guess he would be the one to make the decision. I'm here to give as much information as needed, from bot logs to game settings, to the person in charge to make the decision.

Comment

I love how these seemingly supposed players with integrity Mythril, Bram, and Dreamwin (who in my eyes has lost any integrity he had) are supporting the fact that a he took advantage of an exploit to get their way into a final which skipped respawn time and made him invisible which, as evidence in a vid he tried to use before. Sure i get it, you're towing your party lines, but i guarantee if this happened to anyone else or any other squad that is criticising why we're appealing you would be doing exactly the same thing, you would not let this slide. Then you got people laughably going on about a 'shark gap' when in essence, if we didn't get completely cheated out of cram, our spids would have still been alive by the time i was able to attach and rep for them.

We even had Bombed from your team tell us it was a dirty to which there is proof of.

Dreamwin has complained time and time again in the past for his perceived 'injustices' in previous seasons - so you think it's now acceptable to get to a final by using an exploit that shouldn't be there? is it our fault it is still there?? I actually ignored all the beef he had with certain players on Fire and respected him as a person and player, but if this is allowed to go unpunished you've lost any integrity you have had in my opinion, and this TWLB season has turned into a farce from what started as a highly competitive and fun season to play in.
                FrozenSand> have you ever put a coke bottle in your butt?
                Mira.Girio> I don't think I've ever experimented with coke products. >.>
                FrozenSand> oh you're a pepsi guy?

captain Ky> will the guy with the AOL add banner please insert his head up hiw on ass till he dissapears from our universe entirely. Thank you.

RuBbEr BoMb> woot hellkite parked in fr like my wife
                Burzum> meaning what
                Burzum> took him 4 minutes to get in?
                RuBbEr BoMb> meaning he aimed for flag and ended up on roof

Comment

I'm a nobody. Let's get that out of the way. Been basing since December and already considered top 500 under of all time.

I can't believe that the integrity of the game is used as an argument when I see a plethora of shark ship changes to reset reps all the time. Is that not cheating? Because everyone uses one vulnerability and a small handful on some doesn't make it any different. Arguing about what DW did, whether intentional or not, is an ABSOLUTE HYPOCRISY.

Biet will fix the bot so this doesn't happen again clearly. There's the fix.

Whoever ultimately decides, are you willing to risk the population of the game? I can almost guarantee that a lot more players will quit the game if Plade is forced to forfeit.

However it's done, replay the damn match. The best teams should be in the finals, that is the TWL standard. The replay will prove this out.

Integrity, smegrity, give me a fucking break.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardour View Post

haha yup.
                    I hope you destroy Fire in finals! The lesser of two evils for sure.
                    Imagine being a grown man and telling another grown man that you’re rooting for them to win in the finals on a spaceship game that you aren’t good enough to be in.... I wonder what it feels like to be that big of a loser
                    1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Originally posted by panty View Post
                      I'm a nobody. Let's get that out of the way. Been basing since December and already considered top 500 under of all time.

I can't believe that the integrity of the game is used as an argument when I see a plethora of shark ship changes to reset reps all the time. Is that not cheating? Because everyone uses one vulnerability and a small handful on some doesn't make it any different. Arguing about what DW did, whether intentional or not, is an ABSOLUTE HYPOCRISY.

Biet will fix the bot so this doesn't happen again clearly. There's the fix.

Whoever ultimately decides, are you willing to risk the population of the game? I can almost guarantee that a lot more players will quit the game if Plade is forced to forfeit.

However it's done, replay the damn match. The best teams should be in the finals, that is the TWL standard. The replay will prove this out.

Integrity, smegrity, give me a fucking break.

You could of just stopped at "I'm a nobody." And left it there.

Dreamwin for ban from zone/ or leagues. Fire to twlb finals.
                      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
                        The fact that dw was invisible isn't even the most game changing part in this equation. It's actually the 4 seconds he saved by skipping the respawn time. Unfortunately that is how matchbot behaved (yes, behaved. From now on both twbd and twlb have a switch delay during a respawn) and can't really be called bug abuse. At most it would be a lame way to win.

As for who makes the final call in this situation. Tiny is the second TWL op this season, so I guess he would be the one to make the decision. I'm here to give as much information as needed, from bot logs to game settings, to the person in charge to make the decision.
                        We are currently collecting information, but I think at this point zidane and myself will not be making the decision, but helping gather information for qan and/or wirah to make the last call. Even though I was not involved, I could be biased as to who I would be playing and the outcome of it. Stay tuned!
                        1:waven> u challenge
                        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
                        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post

You could of just stopped at "I'm a nobody." And left it there.

Dreamwin for ban from zone/ or leagues. Fire to twlb finals.
                          Suck my clit you angry troll.

Comment

Originally posted by With Ease View Post
                            Simply put, desperation exploits shouldn't be rewarded.
                            Originally posted by Mythril View Post
                            so apparently this has happened before with DW and yet no appeals or rule changes were made when those instances happened. why wasn't dw banned on the spot when it happened in twdt? wasn't zidane also league op then?
                            Good morning G's.

Bare with me, my writing and my huge ass post. If not, ignore it.

Today is a perfect example of just another TW historic moment that has blessed us with laughs we all enjoy, and before I adress my logic,I'll quickly fact check on the game itself trying to account both sides.

Plade.

1. Plade had more overall flag time.

2. Thunder is appealing because it's the end game move. Would of it been at the start or the middle and it would be irrelevant.

3. It's not just Zid. All squads abuse the ship change shark move, TWD or TWL. Abusing bad coding to compensate for your bad mining. Looks bad for everyone, pussies.

4. 3 reps were executed, meaning that cram was going to be broken. With a visible jav, or without.

5. Depending on your latency, players like RageRitual on America, or myself on Europe and few others probably saw the orange ship for an extremely brief moment.

Fire.

1. It doesnt not feel like a clean loss due to a brief rare moment.

2. DW using it like a shark ship change in order at the very least to re-attach faster, hence shooting faster and avoiding waiting 5 seconds on the spawn area.

3. Most of the arena did not see DW during a few seconds.

4. Zidane being accused of using his TWL powers, yet he won't be deciding.

5. Knowing that most likely Plade would of not break cram in time to touch the flag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goof answer would always be biased as I know way more people on one side than the other, namely my brother.

My honest answer, would be no forfeit as it would be an even bigger disgracefull win. If anything a replay of round 3 and even then it's just laying more salt of the floor, but that's on both squads, anyone else shouldn?t matter for this equation.

If a game is 14:30-14:00 and Zid makes the mistake to mine, Myth or Com would rep it. Imagine seeing the repped mine flying to cram, only to dissapear midway due to a shipchange, hence allowing Fire to make sure the cram wouldn't be broken? I see no difference other than, not having a quarter of importance... just because this was a vicious jav splash.

My super duper honest answer? Just move on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better yet and more fun for me, let's adress my logic as volcanoes are popping off at the moment. Here's 15 points on TWl's history.

1. 2dragons wins multiple titles for Light, Elusive and Syndicate. Known lag abuser and also an important key staffer. What happened? Nothing.

2. -Final- proceed to win TWLB season 9 with atleast Everett and Sika using CE. Neither needed it but still used it against Dice and others. Sphinx today just mentioned how he learned CE from Ev, and got banned one year for it. Eve showing it to me the day before made laugh. What did I do or did any punishment happen? Nope. Because throwing a friend under a bus over a cheating engine on a 2d video game, because he beat me with it...is just sad.

3. Merce using CE to win TWLJ season 8 for Dice. What happened? Another big nono.

4. Fludd on 9, cable pulling on Cape (also on 9), on a 47-47 round 3 semi finals match season 10. Thunder proceeds to beat an underdog Rampage in the finals. Still no.

5. Siege players "abusing" their insane resolutions on younger players. What happened? A legacy was built since no one said no.

6. Vitja having one of the most abusing lag moments during TWLD season 12 playoffs. Bam! Another title and another no.

7. Turban season 14 of 18 (memory failing here) similar to Vitja, having one of those, let's MVP moments while eating 20 projectiles. While I know Turb never induced, I understand lag as good as him..that season was a big nono too.

8. Myself, being a portuguese laggot over and over again. Whilst eating once on your screens and you eating two or three on mine isn't fun for me..it's not fair to you as well. I did spec all of season 12, and season 14 playoffs due to lag issues, but was I really enforced to spec for having an euro latency? Nope.

9. CE users. The client got uptaded around season 10 in order to prevent people from doing it. Was there a massive ban movement on who used to (probably excluding Vys by Pure_Luck) ? No.

10. Ease getting DDO's according to him over a TWLD finals match. Real or not...did something as a witch hunt happen to punish the wrongdoers? No.

11. Delectable being banned due to public pressure, due to "lag" and playing too well for his opponent's tastes. Pascone being a TWL OP and on the same squad, proceeds to unban Dele for playoffs and win TWLD. Guess what? Another no.

12. Were Euro players that won multiple titles like myself, Dreamwin, Turban, Raspi, Sika, Vitja..banned or denied from TWL forever for having an unfair latency compared to Americans? Nope. Even better, champion 250ms users such as Dald, Skatarius or brazillians like MegaNewbie or Iron? Nein.

13. If there was this trend on staff being 'corrupt' over the years..where was the trend on the community abusing glitches and lag half their 20 year careers? I'm sure BannerBoy says No.

14. What really validates what's fair? A council of 3, 4 or even 5 person's biased opinions for either side? Neither will be fair.

15. And my personal favourite. TWLB season 18 never finnished until this very day due to server issues. Whilst Thunder was the better team, all season, that match...and would also most likely win the replay. What happened? Half of Dice wanted an appeal, the other half didn't. Mega ESQ'D and left things on my shoulders. Having TW's opinion on our side, MM_God and the rest of OP's telling us we could force the replay. What did I do? I asked most of their starters if they would accept. Naturally they didn't. Why would I want to win a game forcing other people to play? Imagine going straight to a forfeit on their heads. IT WOULD JUST FUEL THE ENDLESS CYCLE THAT WAS ALREADY ON GOING BECAUSE THE GAME NEVER ENDED. After being denied by my opponents a gracefull defeat, I denied MM's offer.

The point?

- DW, is an elite player that does not need these moments in order to shine. However, the same way sharks change ships, doing that on that moment opens a Pandora box that can not be undone. Bad idea and terrible timing. You're now point 16 on my book papi. I'm sure that are plenty of others I have no idea on, or remember

- Fire, you guys are near your 30's or over and there's no one to beat except RoboRef and Matchbot7 amidst all your sucess. Let's not be offended virgins, when you were already either punished by or beneficted from on different years. It happened to everyone in TW. Asking a replay is one thing, but a straight forfeit is just sad. You deserve more than that for yourself.

As far as I'm concerned, neither deserve special treatment. The same way DW had no right to shipchange on that moment, Fire has no right no appeal either. One wasn't gracefull in victory and the other wasn?t on defeat.

Let's not re-write the majority of TWL history, because starting today is really bad idea. There are no 'future precedents'. The game hasn't been "good" since around season 12-13, and the last 5 years are nothing more than a ghost town. The only thing that still exists is TW's DNA built around it's biggest blessing and curse, it's community. The game is made of incoheerent, emotional moments during our teenage years and early 20's. If this was a real fair competition, half of these leagues would have 0 validation.

Today, another loop was built. Punishing Fire or Plade is not how you break the wheel. And we're late about 15 years in terms of trully respecting one another.

Here I am, trying to put my little girl back to sleep on my lap at 6:15AM (edit: we both fell asleep) thinking I'd like to teach her how daddy beat these goofs for so long, only to think the cycle is too vicious to even let her loggin in 9/10 years if this was actually here. That's a terrible visit card, no matter how I paint it. Half is cool and dandy, the other half is weird and dodgy. The thought of having some of you pm her would be..atrocious. Look at some of these "white lives, black lives, trump lives, covidfgts, chinavirus" names around in pub, trolling and spilling wrongfull ideologies on such a "sensitive" time we're living with what's going on. Instilling hatefullness and difference is exactly one of the problems we have outside of our computers. It's like half of the darkweb plays this game.

I had more fun today chatting, seeing old faces and rooting for my brother than playing these last 2/3 months semi actively. It seems most of us forgot how to trully have fun, and wins can't buy that. Way too many people, still acting like it's either the early 2000's or they got stuck on a time machine, with the hidden passive agressive stance that comes with aging. So dense.

For some, it's always been a love parade, for others a venting frustation fest. The game didn't move forward, not because of the 2d graphics, or staff's bad decisions. The community that held it for so long up until this day, was never in sync in terms of actually moving the game forward. We're all culprits.

Welcome to TW boys, have yall been sleeping? Take a vodka shot or a line of coke, and enjoy the rest of the ride of this lovely but unfair corner of the universe that we love, called Trench Wars.

I can't speak for most, but you have to be 100% percent sure of what your saying, before you say anything, around here. And now we're sitting here, trying to invent solutions to extend the game's life and be all super strict with ruling and attitudes? Give me a break G's.

TW was never a place where your heart meant anything. But it should, it's been nearly 20 years for some of us. I'd trade all my wins and ex-skill just to have those 75% of time fun times. Now let's join our hands and sing hakuna matata you fucking dookie ass babaloos, untanned polla faced fucks. Papi out
                            :wings:
                            Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                            Your friend,
                            ​​Papi
                            ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
                              But if you look up two sentences:

"1:dreamwin> tbh its kind [of] shit if I dont know [when I] appear"

This shows clearly that dreamwin was unaware of whether he was visible to all, and that he didn't use it as a malicious or deliberate tactic. In the cut and thrust of a game it would be an easy thing to forget about, or not even realise.
                              No it doesn’t clearly say that... It’s riddled with errors and you just conjured some weird interpretation that makes 0 sense. Good job. I read his quote as ”its kind of shit if i do not appear on screen” (. He even goes on saying ”bla bla bla hasnt been fixed” aka acknowledging that it is something that should be fixed.

interesting people on this game man

Comment

Damn stayon bringing the heat, I hope you all get this figured out. Hope to see you all in future. Fun season.
                                Trench Wars Broadcast Revolution (TWBR) - Visit: www.youtube.com/fieryfire3d

Comment

Working...
                                X