Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yes that switch cost spastic the game, they shoulda appealed it :S you guys are smart, lets find more examples of sharks switching to clear mines

Comment

• Originally posted by zidane View Post
      yes that switch cost spastic the game, they shoulda appealed it :S you guys are smart, lets find more examples of sharks switching to clear mines
      So i can cheat as long as it doesnt impact the final result? Nice.

And you still dont get it, its the same mechanic being abused. You type 1 second faster and ur invisible. This has happened in the past.
      Author of the clutchest and most tilting TEK of the century.

1:cripple> i luv lbj cock
      1:cripple> if he paid me 50k for every time i gave him a bj i'd do it

Comment

• It would be irrelevant if everyone here had used invisible javelins in some other game, because this appeal is about the Fire vs Plade game only.
        Either you support invisible javelins or you don't. If you support invisible javelins you'll see a lot more of them.

Comment

• btw it's time to declare who's making the decision and when they're making it.
          I volunteer to make the decision if nobody suitable can find their testicles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rab View Post
            If you support invisible javelins you'll see a lot more of them.
            :laugh::laugh::laugh:
            But will we though?
            #InvisivleJavsLivesMatter
            Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
            TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

• Originally posted by zidane View Post
              All of the idiots - I know you hate me and want to get the pitchforks out, I'd love to see any proof that I have ever ship changed for reps.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooool didn't take long... yowza.

Comment

• did i 6 rep there river...? no, so yes my point still stands

Comment

• Originally posted by Rab View Post
                  btw it's time to declare who's making the decision and when they're making it.
                  I volunteer to make the decision if nobody suitable can find their testicles.
                  Me too.

Decision: DENIED- Zidane will have to sit 1 match at the start of next TWL(B) season.
                  Reasoning:

#1 This was a known "issue" before the season began and nothing was done to fix it.

AND

#2 Ship changes are part of the game, as detailed in the TWL rules, section 9.03:

9.03 Ship Changes

Each squad will be allowed to have 6 ship changes for each game. Registered squad captains and assistant captains can change players by private messaging the attending TWLBot with !change player:# - # is the ship number you wish to change that player to.

NOTE: Attempting to use !change:8 on a shark already in game will not reset mines but it will use up one of teams changes.
                  AND

#3 I'd also argue "Cheating" as detailed in TWL rule 10.02 refers to CE, and cannot be misconstrued to apply to bot mechanics. Regardless, refer to point #1.

10.02 Cheating, Lag, and Bans

Any Player found to be guilty of cheating to alter game play during a TWL match will result in up to a Class 3 Player Offense and Class 1B Team Offense.
                  Edit: quoted the wrong rule in #2. Fixed.

Edit edit: added #3
                  Last edited by Dwopple; 06-16-2020, 05:02 PM.
                  zidane> big play
                  Omega Red> dwop sick
                  mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                  WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                  1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

• Waiting for Ogron’s Dear Zidane post.

Comment

• for me the saddest part isn't that zidane is now a convicted cheater and must spend the rest of his life as a Class 3 Player Offender, it's the fact that lockdown will never find it in his heart to forgive or forget him for this
                      PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
                      ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

• Hi, BOMBED here. Just wanna clear a few things up since I've been name dropped twice. I still stand by my statement that I don't feel like we won..... BUT that was purely from a view point coming from having 0 knowledge of tw's background. To me it was clearly cheap at the time, BUT lag attaching in eg was also considered cheap before everyone started doing it. So if its a KNOWN glitch and has actually been used repeatedly I don't see how this is an issue. You can't pick and choose how a glitch is used, either it's against the zones rules to do it or its allowed. I will continue to stand behind my original view point that it felt like we were going to lose before this happened. Of course anything can happen but that's how I felt. I don't know tw's history on last minute pushes etc, so again it was a view point from lack of experience/knowledge.

Either get rid of every usage of this bug or accept it as part of the game in whichever form it takes. I don't think dreamwin did it with a cheating or malicious mindset, I literally seen people in the clip calling out that DW was going to do it before he actually did. To me that just shows tw's history of using these glitches has become normalized and isn't anything out of the ordinary. Especially after reading even more on these forums and realizing it goes down to sharks and others also using it. I do think it should be absolutely removed from trench wars if possible, but if it hasn't been yet then it can't be enforced only when its beneficial for one team.

Either way that was absolutely the most fun I've had in tw to date and wouldn't mind replaying the games at all. The skill level between the two teams being so similar is something that rarely happens in extreme-games. It's a shame that things haven't been ironed out to completely avoid moments like this, but at the same time the entire match felt extremely epic. From watching the clip the people in spec also seemed to really enjoy these matches.

That's it for me, just wanted to clear up my stance on this. GG was a fun semi-finals.

Comment

• It's great to see so much interest in our semi-final TWLB match. What a controversy :shocked2:

Initial thoughts

1. Lets chill on attacking Dreamwin. Guy has been a good TW community member and great spaceship pilot for many years. I won't sit here and muckrake him for 2 invisi jav bombs in the last decade of playing this game. Two bogus moves dont define a players legacy.
                          2. Even if no rules were broken the invisi jav bomb trick/glitch is certainly not fair play in my personal opinion, the ability should be prohibited. :idea2:

3. Anyone thinking Plade was about to bust through our cram at the time of the 6fer invisi jav bomb is trolling or just being a donkey. (Small chance a hero spid+Fcs could have entered cram at that time but 0% chance he was going to kill 6 players while entering)

4. Upon being slapped by a 6fer to the face I Initially thought someone with powers decided to troll the zone and prized a thor to Plade. The bomb on my screen appeared only 2 pixels before exploding and was travelling at a high rate of speed (impossible to rep or see). There was no jav on my screen.

5. Full disclosure I LOL'D irl and was immediately tilted as i suspect was the case for many of my teammates.

6. We all love SS. I would like to see a rematch BO3 again if the forfeit is not granted.

7. No bans

8. The End

Comment

• Originally posted by hellkite View Post

It's great to see so much interest in our semi-final TWLB match. What a controversy :shocked2:

Initial thoughts

1. Lets chill on attacking Dreamwin. Guy has been a good TW community member and great spaceship pilot for many years. I won't sit here and muckrake him for 2 invisi jav bombs in the last decade of playing this game. Two bogus moves dont define a players legacy.
                            2. Even if no rules were broken the invisi jav bomb trick/glitch is certainly not fair play in my personal opinion, the ability should be prohibited. :idea2:

3. Anyone thinking Plade was about to bust through our cram at the time of the 6fer invisi jav bomb is trolling or just being a donkey. (Small chance a hero spid+Fcs could have entered cram at that time but 0% chance he was going to kill 6 players while entering)

4. Upon being slapped by a 6fer to the face I Initially thought someone with powers decided to troll the zone and prized a thor to Plade. The bomb on my screen appeared only 2 pixels before exploding and was travelling at a high rate of speed (impossible to rep or see). There was no jav on my screen.

5. Full disclosure I LOL'D irl and was immediately tilted as i suspect was the case for many of my teammates.

6. We all love SS. I would like to see a rematch BO3 again if the forfeit is not granted.

7. No bans

8. The End
                            Unfortunately your dense captain emotionally appealed for a complete forfeiture by Plade.
                            zidane> big play
                            Omega Red> dwop sick
                            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

• Originally posted by micperk View Post
                              Hi, BOMBED here. Just wanna clear a few things up since I've been name dropped twice. I still stand by my statement that I don't feel like we won..... BUT that was purely from a view point coming from having 0 knowledge of tw's background. To me it was clearly cheap at the time, BUT lag attaching in eg was also considered cheap before everyone started doing it. So if its a KNOWN glitch and has actually been used repeatedly I don't see how this is an issue. You can't pick and choose how a glitch is used, either it's against the zones rules to do it or its allowed. I will continue to stand behind my original view point that it felt like we were going to lose before this happened. Of course anything can happen but that's how I felt. I don't know tw's history on last minute pushes etc, so again it was a view point from lack of experience/knowledge.

Either get rid of every usage of this bug or accept it as part of the game in whichever form it takes. I don't think dreamwin did it with a cheating or malicious mindset, I literally seen people in the clip calling out that DW was going to do it before he actually did. To me that just shows tw's history of using these glitches has become normalized and isn't anything out of the ordinary. Especially after reading even more on these forums and realizing it goes down to sharks and others also using it. I do think it should be absolutely removed from trench wars if possible, but if it hasn't been yet then it can't be enforced only when its beneficial for one team.

Either way that was absolutely the most fun I've had in tw to date and wouldn't mind replaying the games at all. The skill level between the two teams being so similar is something that rarely happens in extreme-games. It's a shame that things haven't been ironed out to completely avoid moments like this, but at the same time the entire match felt extremely epic. From watching the clip the people in spec also seemed to really enjoy these matches.

That's it for me, just wanted to clear up my stance on this. GG was a fun semi-finals.
                              - it's not a well known glitch in tw. some people know about it apparently, but most people don't. unlike the jupe, which everyone knows about, and causes a replay when it happens at the end of a game. this is worse than that.
                              - defo should fix the bug with the bots regardless of the outcome
                              - thanks for saying you thought you were going to lose
                              - agreed the match was otherwise very competitive and fun, well played.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
                                Unfortunately your dense captain emotionally appealed for a complete forfeiture by Plade.
                                A few people seem to be failing to understand this.
                                A forfeit is another way of saying "a replay which is staged with the same positioning and time on the clock, which Plade would refuse to play".
                                edit: it is more reasonable to have a forfeit than waste everyone's time with a replay like that which is clearly only going to go one way.

Comment

Working...
                                X