Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Dreamwin

Dear Dreamwin,
    Sometimes I've been rude or dismissive in game chat with you, and for that I apologize. But today I want to have an honest conversation with you.

This is a volunteer, player-run game. We're a small community who have all known each other for decades, and while many of us are uber-competitive tryhards competing against other and have serious beefs that have accrued over many contentious seasons, we band together to get activity and leagues going because we love playing the game.

There is no company or game developer in charge. We're self-policing. The game is only as good as we make it. Trench Wars came roaring back in 2019 because of amazing efforts from Mythril, Ease, Zidane, and Tiny running leagues and drumming up activity, while Qan spends thankless hours talking to server hosts and Wirah develops websites and staff hosts games.

We can't even get jupes out of basing, sysops can't alter the game code and we're stuck with certain glitches and issues. Lag has severely impacted many, many playoff games and ruined seasons. But these issues are out of our control.

What you did in the TWLB Semi-Finals today was intentional. You cheated/abused/exploited (whatever synonym you want to use, I'm not interested in debating semantics) the game to produce an invisible jav and broke an otherwise healthy cram and stole Fire's TWLB finals berth.

This is the second time you've cheated a team out of reaching a basing finals in 2020 with that exploit. You also bypassed your death timer with macros in TWDT-B in prior years with shipchanges to gain an unfair advantage.

I don't know whether the appeal will be granted or not, who will make finals, etc.. You've ruined our season either way, and marred Plade's.

The fact that Round 3 went to 15:00 - 14:54 shows that both teams are excellent and deserving. Plade is a great TWLB team, and your teammates had nothing to do with your exploits, but now they're forced to defend your cheating because they've worked hard and played well and feel they deserve to be in the final. You've put them in an incredibly shitty position and tainted them with your behavior.

So I ask you the question...

Why do you keep doing this?

We're a player-run community, I don't care about technicalities or what is written in the rules, what you're doing is wrong.

You're one of the best spiders in the game and an elite javelin, and you've already won TWLB and TWLJ multiple times. You don't need to cheat to win. You're spitting in the face of all the people volunteering and doing thankless tasks to keep the game going and running leagues by abusing these exploits.

Personally, this whole thing just makes me sad, I just honestly don't get it. You ruined it for both teams.

When I started golfing at like 13, I would take mulligans, give myself very generous preferred lies, take gimmes on 4 foot putts, etc.. By like age 15 I realized the only person I was cheating was myself and stopped. To this day, people will give me 3 footers as gimmes and I won't take 'em, because I still remember the shitty feeling of the golf pro asking me what I shot and me giving a number that I knew wasn't honest. There's no golf police, nobody came for me, nobody even questioned my scores.

This is the golf of videogames.

Hold yourself to a higher standard and stop exploiting bugs in a 20 year old videogame against people you've known for decades.

Last edited by ogron; 06-15-2020, 05:20 AM.
    top 100 basers list

How about you ask your boyfriend zidane the same questions since his guilty of doing the same bug as DW did. Look at the history a tw OP doing it makes it fair for DW to do it. Precedence is set
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Dear Dreamwin,

Ure a fucking boss.

Yours sincerely,
      ardir
      Ogron - "Lifetime Achievement Award recipient for 10* attitude [Ardour]"

ranked #2 in ogrons signature of: TWL's most irrelevant nobodies pubtrash bozos with 0 titles.

TWLD Season 19 #70th Best Warbird
      TWLB Season 19 #56th Best Spider

TW Greatest no-shipper 2002 - Present

Comment

It's called knowledgeable play making heck of a play by the DW TRAIN #CHOOCHOO!!!

Congratulations on your trip to the finals Plade!!!

Comment

just here to say fuck claus the whiner

Comment

This is cringe. Oh, the irony of zid getting lamed by his own lame-tactic
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Its 2:30AM my ankle is sprained and I can't sleep.
              Reading this post from Ogron made me laugh for 10 minutes straight and I thank him.

I totally get where he is coming from and the golf analogy is great. But I still gotta post this

https://youtu.be/Yvd3aEsThbc?t=12

Last edited by Cape; 06-18-2020, 02:38 AM. Reason: edit: dam it was suppose to skip 12 seconds in.

Comment

what really boggles my mind, is dreamwin already has many medals, why do people need to cheat to get them now lol.
                2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Comment

nice art work scurvy! Scurvy :P
                    2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

zid and clause the biggest nerds of 2020 esp on a dying game lol man sad fks
                      https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Post was overkill but point made is true enough. I'd understand the desperation attempt if there was monetary value attached to outcome, but there wasn't. Pretty pathetic for a grown man to cheat in this game.
                        Rasaq> thanks, Divine, for allowing me provide my oral support
                        Rasaq> err moral

Comment

Working...
                        X