RaCka's Top 30 Warbirds Ever 2020 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

If you all keep playing the same game for your entire lives while all the vast majority of relevant players quit long ago, you'll get to give yourselves as many E-Medals as you could ever want! Dozens of people will see it and care! Dozens!
    I have no shame playing a game that I enjoy playing. At least those of us still playing actually play and aren't just retired and passive aggressively posting on a forum for a game they played over a decade ago that they weren't all that relevant in in the first place.

Comment

Exalt you don't even play the game, all you do is go around to every forum thread crying about how whichever era you played in and sucked was better.

go be miserable somewhere else.
      Last edited by ogron; 06-28-2020, 12:05 PM.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Kthx is a great man, Exalt is the stupid one.

Comment

I think OKYO should be on that list but solid list Racka.

We forgot some of those heavy guys Annoyance comes to mind for me.

Apok was solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post

I have no shame playing a game that I enjoy playing. At least those of us still playing actually play and aren't just retired and passive aggressively posting on a forum for a game they played over a decade ago that they weren't all that relevant in in the first place.
            I only show up here to play forum mafia with friends. I also occasionally comment on cringey shit I see you guys post. Gain some perspective.

Whats even sadder is due to playing mafia on this forum, I got invited to a world championship thing representing this website. More players were watching and commenting in discord and their website over that forum mafia game than any TWL has had in this game's entire history. I even got invited to a podcast over it.

That's the sad thing about it. I legit probably gave more publicity to this site and game over that appearance than anyone else has ever done giving themselves fake E-medals 15 years after everyone quit. Whose relevant after all?
            RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Exalt how can everyone have quit 15 years ago when TWLJ and TWLB were just starting?

Have you even watched a TWLJ final in the last 5 years?

15 years ago Pallies was in the jav finals starting basers like Mattey, last Sunday had Ease, Turban, Rough, Zidane, 24, etc. duking it out.

Not that there were often 8 contenders in a season in a particular league (especially jav and base), but even under that assumption, the difference between 8 contenders and 4 contenders now is having to win 1 extra round in the playoffs. So the quarter-finals has become worse. Big whoop.

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about.
              Last edited by ogron; 06-28-2020, 12:18 PM.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Deleted.(Made post by mistake)
                Last edited by Grasps; 06-28-2020, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                  Exalt how can everyone have quit 15 years ago when TWLJ and TWLB were just starting?

15 years ago Pallies was in the jav finals starting basers like Mattey, last Sunday had Ease, Turban, Rough, Zidane, 24, etc. duking it out.

Not that there were often 8 contenders in a season in a particular league (especially jav and base), but even under that assumption, the difference between 8 contenders and 4 contenders now is having to win 1 extra round in the playoffs. So the quarter-finals has become worse. Big whoop.

Exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

Tell me what the total playerbase is now compared to back then. You can tell the difference, right?

I don't care if people are better than pallies after 20 extra years of playing. That's common sense. EVERYONE should be better if they play a game for 20 straight years compared to people who played for a couple and quit. Had those people played 20 extra years like the rest of you, they'd more than likely still be better too. None of it matters though, because there's nobody left. That's the point.

I'm sure the people who still play the original Doom multiplayer are fucking amazing at it 30 years later, but nobody gives a single fuck how good they are now. The only time it mattered was when that game was popular. The same holds true for this game.

Stop comparing yourselves with people who were better 20 years ago, because that was when this game was relevant. It hasn't been for a long, long time. Just enjoy it while it lasts and stop being cringe about it.
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

to be fair the competitive scene has not really declined when looking at our top leagues and their skill level, at least when comparing to how those leagues were 15 to 20 years ago to current standards. it's mostly the event and public player scene (which was a large portion of our "active" player base) that has drastically declined which obviously has the overall hurt activity of the zone.

Comment

Tell me what the total playerbase is now compared to back then. You can tell the difference, right?

I don't care if people are better than pallies after 20 extra years of playing. That's common sense. EVERYONE should be better if they play a game for 20 straight years compared to people who played for a couple and quit. Had those people played 20 extra years like the rest of you, they'd more than likely still be better too. None of it matters though, because there's nobody left. That's the point.

I'm sure the people who still play the original Doom multiplayer are fucking amazing at it 30 years later, but nobody gives a single fuck how good they are now. The only time it mattered was when that game was popular. The same holds true for this game.

Stop comparing yourselves with people who were better 20 years ago, because that was when this game was relevant. It hasn't been for a long, long time. Just enjoy it while it lasts and stop being cringe about it.
                        You keep saying "no one cares", yet you seem to care enough to comment on it incessantly. Those of us who still play do care and earning the respect of your peers in such a select group after this long does carry meaning. Fewer people watch and play baseball than 10+ years ago, does that mean it's a dead sport that no one cares about?

I'd be seriously questioning where I was at in life if I spent as much time as you did commenting in TWL threads considering how apparently opposed you are to the current state of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post

You keep saying "no one cares", yet you seem to care enough to comment on it incessantly. Those of us who still play do care and earning the respect of your peers in such a select group after this long does carry meaning. Fewer people watch and play baseball than 10+ years ago, does that mean it's a dead sport that no one cares about?

I'd be seriously questioning where I was at in life if I spent as much time as you did commenting in TWL threads considering how apparently opposed you are to the current state of the game.
                          I'm on the forum playing Mafia and sometimes get notifications on other threads, so yeah, I comment. It takes literally no time at all, but I guess if you're mentally challenged, you'd take a long time to type out a few sentences? I'm not sure why you'd be questioning your place in life if you take a minute or two to type something in 3 total posts, including this one. Seems a bit of a stretch to me.

I'm glad you think my opinion matters more than the rest of the world, but the 100 or so total players who have logged in over the past year ((including the schizophrenics in pub chat) probably shouldn't be considered enough people to be compared to baseball of all things. You guys are literally circle jerking among yourselves of a few dozen active people in truth, trying to say 'I'm the best of the very, very few remaining, so I'm the best all time!' It's fucking weird at this point. Seriously, it's weird.
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

im a legend here and i beat any fucking buddy here duel or w.e ill smack a n
                            https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

You guys are literally circle jerking among yourselves of a few dozen active people in truth, trying to say 'I'm the best of the very, very few remaining, so I'm the best all time!' It's fucking weird at this point. Seriously, it's weird.
                              I didn't say anything like this. I just think it's dumb to be posting in a thread regarding a topic in which you aren't and never were relevant.

Comment

lol if the best 50 basers from 2020 took a time machine to whatever era Exalt topped out as a 7* was (2003, 2004 or 2005) they'd absolutely run over TWLB. Ditto TWLJ. The jav finals have been insane from 2014-2020. if you think fireballz, 2dragons, mattey, lemon, mantra-slider, appleseed, hellzno!, joe, koan, strike, epinephrine, and aim2kill (all TWLJ Finals players in that span) are going to beat the current crop of javs, you're out of your mind.

I'd take the 2004-2005 era WBs over 2020 warbirds in that bet, but you're talking about 1 out of 3 leagues (arguably the most boring one with the most turnover that peaked the earliest.) It would still be competitive either way, but obviously TWLD was incredibly deep and talented by s8.

Even then, Fierce guarded the TWLD mantle like it was Syndicate 2.0 for like 7 years after that.

your argument in every thread is that you sucked in a better era. you spent the last TWDT-D season averaging 3-10 playing against 6* and 7* star players. if this WB era was so bad, you'd be able to 1:1 against low-star scrubs, and you can't even do that.

stick to mafia.
                                top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                                X