RaCka's Top 30 Warbirds Ever 2020 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riverside View Post

When was it changed 2 what it is today? I honestly can't remember what it was back in those 2010 days.

Who do i haf 2 talk 2 to get a dd arena with a 1280 reso cap, sprack gets bd2? Give me dd2 and let's try it out.
    While I hate dumb bouncy walls in the bd arena, this isn't a half bad idea to try out, low-ass res cap in a dd arena. Can we maybe make test arenas the 3rd ones though not 2nd please.
    Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
    (10 seconds later)
    rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
    P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Nipple Nibbler View Post

While I hate dumb bouncy walls in the bd arena, this isn't a half bad idea to try out, low-ass res cap in a dd arena. Can we maybe make test arenas the 3rd ones though not 2nd please.
      I support this res cap arena idea.
      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post

When was it changed 2 what it is today? I honestly can't remember what it was back in those 2010 days.

Who do i haf 2 talk 2 to get a dd arena with a 1280 reso cap, sprack gets bd2? Give me dd2 and let's try it out.
        It’s a good idea. The game was built around this resolution and a lot of old players built their legacy on this resolution. Even the old players that came back, they don’t nearly look the same on these cheat res.

Comment

1280 cap is more enjoyable
          becoems more team oriented less lobster/turtle party
          this noopis have no idea how to really use radar they r scared

The Mind of the Father
          Riding on the subtle guiders
          Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
          Of relentless Fire

Comment

Riverside i think it was 1280x1024 then 1440x1024

the nice thing about 1280x1024 is you could do radar shots, which are kind of useless now
            top 100 basers list

Comment

#1 WB of all time everyone below me
              https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Claus, I just mentioned Lews and Fiery who had some relevancy at that level, in that time period and little bit further, same as could of said Metalkid, Randedl, Vitja or Foreign. I know of such things and also remember that thread.

Naturally, resolutions played a big role back then, even more so than all the changes basing had (influenced more on game mechanics than direct performance like it happened in LD).

The zone had different periods, and all of them have their arguments and strenghts. For me atleast, the period that starts around season 5/6 to season 10/11, was the best time to be around TW, hundreds per day, people's time to dedicate themselves to the game, people had more goal's and objectives, overall more people peaking their skill, leagues with high specators, rivalvires, ladders with 30-60 squads, multiple arenas being played, 40/50+ elims, events, twel, eventually javduel and wbduel, ?go base 24h per day..basicly a way more complete, competitive, productive atmosphere that could propel people forward more rapidly. Most of us that still play and are from such times, greatly took advantage of this.

Prefering basing doens't mean I'm a baser (was only exclusive first 2 years), and has no relevancy to my opinion. It's just an all-time list.

And besides, calling basers newbies, was mostly a wbs vs the two others league, than a specific group of people. It was a zone thing. Shouldn't be taken as an offense, but as a challenge.
                Let's also note, it's human nature to exagerate with what are most acquainted (typo) with or with something you strongly oppose. Fiery's thread and your post are perfect examples of that.
                Last edited by Stayon; 01-16-2021, 01:08 AM.
                Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                Your friend,
                ​​Papi
                ​​​​​

Comment

lews and fiery were relevant in the siege era, sure. if you're going that route, KickAshMan was a better warbird and more respected than either, though. I have KAM above both on my list.

Metalkid, Foreign, and Vihta were dominant after the population explosion, pretty big difference.

Banzi and blood dominated elim, especially Banzi, during the post-Siege era. Banzi, Mattey, and Raspi in particular I remember from playing elim 2002-2005. That's an incredibly important distinction from Fieryfire, KAM, and Lews Therin, who I don't remember doing anything in elim at all during that period. Elim was also highly valued and is a good way to isolate a player's skill from his team's.

But hey, what do I know, I'm too busy exagerating the advantage of having a 2048x1536 resolution in WB playing against 800x600 players, exagerating first 4 seasons of TWL not having playoffs, and exagerating the captain of Elusive calling the first 4 seasons of TWL a joke.

I'm sure having 600% more screen space in elim and TWLD has been overblown.

Last edited by ogron; 01-16-2021, 03:22 PM. Reason: Most expensive monitor in 1999 (2048x1536), majority of monitors in 1996-2000 (800x600) and 2001-2003 (1024x768)
                  top 100 basers list

Comment

Don't need drawings to see what's obvious and I agree with it. That's what I said.

You missed my point.on the exageration on both sides.
                    Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                    Your friend,
                    ​​Papi
                    ​​​​​

Comment

Theres no way we can compare a modern player with an old player.

For example, No1 will ever know who would win in a duel of Lazensa against Demonfaze. It's impossible to compare different players from different eras.

Racka, u listed Iron Survivor in ur list and said hes a more skilled version of me. Yeah, if you are talking about me of today, he and half of trench wars is more skilled than me. But would the Iron Survivor of today win against Mega Newbie of 2007? All I remember is that i was addicted to this game and I taught iron survivor how to play in warbird, trained him and gave him tips. He was my pupil. Then I stopped playing. 10 years later I come back and Iron Survivor is better than some of u. I also duel him and lose. Do I lose the duel because i lost my skill, or is it because Iron Survivor got better? Probably both. But who is the best of all time? Who would win in a duel? Mega newbie of 2007 or Iron Survivor of 2021? The teacher or the pupil? Its impossible to know, bcz while the pupil was getting better by practicing alot, the teacher was getting worse by never practicing.

Sika or Racka of today?

No way to compare!

All we can do is compare players in the same era!

All i can say is that, when i was a noob, Raspi dominated the elim arena. He was the best elim player for a while.

When i got better I remember demonfaze being, in my perspective, the best overall warbird player.

And nowadays Lasenza has a great ship control and great 1v1 and i dont say anything else bcz i havent been playin so i dont know much.
                      Mega Newbie
                      TWLD Season MVP - 3 times
                      TWLD Captain/wb player Champion - Stray
                      TWEL wb and spid Champion!
                      TWLD final's chocker - 3 times
                      TWLJ bencher Champion
                      TWLB bencher Champion
                      Inactive Player

Comment

my 1st name was RegisPhilbin n i go arount piblic cinvincink ppl am the real Regis Philbin in 1999 when "Who wants to b a millionaire" was hit TV show. then I get retriefed to a gr8 squidrin called ECHORAGE led by our fearliss ciptin 2Chipmunks. I change name to NsyncKiller. mastir 2C make mysilf brookus holydude and XxDarulerXx and 2_RAD run laps in ? go racing every day 2 improof our flyink

I get abit bettir, n then 1 day a wild Spawnisen see me and wishis 2 retrief me 4 his secret squidrin, R.C.M.P alonkside himsilf, Legionair, and othir, but heres the citch: I cant b joinir unless i make a bettir name than NsyncKiller. This could be appriximitily the year 2000. I Change name to "Bow Wow" and ask mr Spawnisen, "is this a gud name?" he replies, "Yes!". I join mr Spawnisens squidrin and get sum gud experience

R.C.M.P pissis away n I start my own Squidrin N_I_P_S. We vs Twl and haf a rivalry w/ Beauty. Beauty's top strikers were Crystal, Everlast_, and they were led by the dreadid Left_Eye. Othir squidrins vsink at that time were Kemopetrol/Komarit, Elitewingz, X-wing, Pallies, Paladen, Unite, and then u had the mastir squidrins like Siege, -Final-, Zero Hour, Wildfire, etc.

I belief there were 2 divisions, one for the squidrins like N_I_P_S who try 2 proof themsilfs and may or may not b girpige undirdogs, and another division for the top squidrins like Siege -f- ZH Wildfire etc

Through sum determinition n many tryouts in ?go nipstryout, I managed to retrief sum gr8 playirs for the squidrin. Our star playirs were Syrus aka Dead on Arrival, Destroy aka Lightnin', and many gr8 role players like incondor, one_armed_man, whanker, and other. Syrus and Crystal had a gr8 rivilry

Unfortunately this is where the story cud end, as Syrus left us for beauty after first few weeks of the seasin, and as a 12 year old I had a moment where I didn't want 2 continue. I wanted 2 drop out of season and thought to do so I had to type ?Squaddissolve, and as a result i dissolf N_I_P_S and sum impostir named Shangeski instintly steal the squidrin and I cud nefir get it bik.

I become viop in 2002

Comment

Originally posted by Cornelius View Post
                          Theres no way we can compare a modern player with an old player.

For example, No1 will ever know who would win in a duel of Lazensa against Demonfaze. It's impossible to compare different players from different eras.

Racka, u listed Iron Survivor in ur list and said hes a more skilled version of me. Yeah, if you are talking about me of today, he and half of trench wars is more skilled than me. But would the Iron Survivor of today win against Mega Newbie of 2007? All I remember is that i was addicted to this game and I taught iron survivor how to play in warbird, trained him and gave him tips. He was my pupil. Then I stopped playing. 10 years later I come back and Iron Survivor is better than some of u. I also duel him and lose. Do I lose the duel because i lost my skill, or is it because Iron Survivor got better? Probably both. But who is the best of all time? Who would win in a duel? Mega newbie of 2007 or Iron Survivor of 2021? The teacher or the pupil? Its impossible to know, bcz while the pupil was getting better by practicing alot, the teacher was getting worse by never practicing.

Sika or Racka of today?

No way to compare!

All we can do is compare players in the same era!

All i can say is that, when i was a noob, Raspi dominated the elim arena. He was the best elim player for a while.

When i got better I remember demonfaze being, in my perspective, the best overall warbird player.

And nowadays Lasenza has a great ship control and great 1v1 and i dont say anything else bcz i havent been playin so i dont know much.
                          yea that's fair to say... I guess what I really meant to say was a modern day version of mega newbie
                          <3 you brodie
                          1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
                            Racka a good player with a good team that match's his playstyle which is mostly rushing. But I don't think he can win with shit players that don't rush let's be realistic fam I ain't about that either playing r3 range ain't my style. Definitely the players that you play with help you excel at your level this is talking from a TWDD perspective not one versus one.

I played Racka many times, most of the times we face off we either end in a suicide or it's probably one of us dead on the other end. But there's respect always sometimes we keep a distance depending on teams and if it's worth rushing at all depending on the play. Some of the veterans know who they're playing and if they'll solo rush you or if they'll team rush you depending on the play on the screen at that time or the radar

Lasenza it's probably one of the best one vs one players that has the patience that most players don't it takes a little bit of time to scale for you to actually beat her.

There's been many players in TW that I've played against even the best I've played all the players that racka has listed and they all have veteran qualities but most of these players I don't consider top because I have beaten them myself and their squads while they've played with them. I consider people top as in unbeatable people with streaks and that never lose those were back in the days now it's harder to do that.
                            Not to jump on anyone's tip, but RaCka adds considerable value to any wb line. More than any active player imo.
                            Rasaq> thanks, Divine, for allowing me provide my oral support
                            Rasaq> err moral

Comment

Originally posted by Bluff View Post

Not to jump on anyone's tip, but RaCka adds considerable value to any wb line. More than any active player imo.
                              Depends on the playstyle I would think?

RaCka is imo the best rusher/pusher/vulcher in the game, possibly ever. I think I could safely argue that case against any WB that's ever played this game. Give RaCka to a team that likes to be aggressive and he will consistently raise the level of everyone around him doing it.

That said, if he got stuck with players who are all passive sniper types, I think he'd give them less value overall than possibly some others on the all-time great list, mostly because those other types might be more sniper-oriented players.

Kinda nitpicky, but I'm just giving others their due.
                              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Bluff View Post

You forgot about me fam, yall forget the beating i put you on you and zapata and dropped 24 kills on dynasty with some scrub players and carried everyone, only few select players can achieve such feat
                                https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Working...
                                X