TWL 2021!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiny View Post

I'm out for running leagues, and for a few reasons....rant time...

1) I've already run many leagues, kind of burned out from it, nothing really in it for me after running twl/twdt/twel multiple times, but i will participate!

2) I did not like the last 2 experiences I had as running leagues, the first time I ran twl for a couple of seasons, i was going to be promoted to smod and head league op, and turban bamboozled the league ops and created a coup. Still bitter about that, but it's an ongoing joke now. The second time around, I was treated like a child by henry saari most of the time not trusting me, and after running twdt 2x/twl/twel/elim, the powers that be still wanted to hang on to their power by not naming people head league ops so they could keep the power for themselves and have complete oversight of everything so the ops had to make decisions through them. This was annoying, expecially when trying to alias check and not having alias powers, and having people evade because we had to pass names along to have someone "trusted" check the names, which is stupid, as the person running the league should have control over that and should be trusted. It really pissed me off when the people checking names lied about who was aliasing. We were checking to see if people were active and rating them based on activity and to have other staff hiding that was tilting. When asked why there was no head league op, the response was, "we don't really need one", which is false, they just named themselves the head league ops and incorporated the job into theirs and used other people willing to help as puppets. It was a bunch of bullshit imo, and insulting to say the least. The best person I dealt with on staff was Tucker, 5 Stars brother, followed closely by Biet.

Maybe more to come, but i think I'm done hosting for now.
    Staff being useless as corrupt as always I see. Nice rant regardless. I've never understood how 90% of staff ever got the job when they're almost always incompetent, while people like Tiny have to run through hoops to get the only thing keeping this game alive running with no help from 'staff'. Every single one of them not named Qan/Biet/a select few others should he fired tbh.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Tiny you did a nice job Tiny, thanks for your efforts past few years.

Don't let upper staff get you down, they've been doing that to league ops forever. The work you, zid, Mythril, Ease, turban, and others did in TWL and TWDT was fantastic, and I think most of the player base appreciates it most of the time, even if they don't post on forums or pm you.

You contributed to positive and fun experiences for hundreds of people, and that's something worthwhile.
      top 100 basers list

Comment

Anyone who has ever spent the time to run a league deserves tremendous thanks. So thanks Tiny for all the work you've done over several seasons and multiple years.

I'm only a ZH right now and am not comfortable being a sole league op but I volunteer to help run whatever comes next, whether it's TWL, another DT or something else. I ran DT 15 years ago, how card can it be? Really, though, if someone is willing to step up and help run the show I'll help do the grunt work. Just reach out.
        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
        Message has been sent to online moderators
        2:BLeeN> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>no
        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
        2:BLeeN> ok then no
        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

This should have been officially announced in December and started the last sunday of January running into February/March for an 8 week season.
          For prime activity. As there isn't major holidays and its the heart of winter/covid season.... Really would have been your best shot to getting enough competition teams.

Last time a warm weather TWL was ran there was activity issues, and people going MIA/no showing was huge impact. Most people spend the beginning of warm weather sundays outside or doing activities. TWL should be considered to only be ran during winter months for best competition.

Playing it during late spring into summer. Only caters to the basement dwellers.... Not saying it can't be saved, or its too late but announce it ASAP or dont have it at all.
          Last edited by olde; 01-06-2021, 04:46 PM.

Comment

dont need to rush it, olde, tho i woulda announced twl a few months ago and skipped this current twdt.

agree with pressure it is good to allow a full twd season to occur, promoting greater intrigue in the recruiting wars and also the possible creation of more squads as is becomes more obvious leading up to TWL that whichever players might not have a starting spot on their current squad.

aim for a mid march start

twd might not be as active now but it appears to me there are more active players wanting to participate in TWL than there has been in a long while, at least for basing. i would expect there to be 8 or so teams given ppl are proactive and dont resign themselves to being benchers

will echo what ive said before:
            rotate each season between twdt and twl, having smaller tournaments or basing cup style leagues in between as feels appropriate. this is what hz does. try to aim for around 1.5 TWL a year. the consistency would behoove the playerbase and streamline league activity.

also next twdt could allow draft team members to double squad and have their own TWD draft team and run a shorter 6-week twd season leading up to twdt - should help motivate interest in the league and also keep the zone healtheir.

The Mind of the Father
            Riding on the subtle guiders
            Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
            Of relentless Fire

Comment

TWL should only be once a year, being the premier league.

We should probably drop DT to twice a year and have something random between the DT's.

I think last TWL was in January? it was near the start of 2020 I remember that much. If we can start getting the ball rolling now, we can have teams start to organize for brief break of just TWD after DT. March would be a great time to start TWL, and have it wrap up before the good weather hits NA.

If we can at least get some sort of schedule up and running and have someone announced to run it, that would be an awesome start. If we can do that, we can tell people the schedule while they are still around because of DT, this would be better than trying to track down the playerbase we currently have.
              Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
              (10 seconds later)
              rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
              P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Thank you Tiny and all the staffers that helped/contributed for us normies to participate in TWL/TWDT/other leagues. Make TW gREAT AgAIN

Comment

TWL should only be once a year, being the premier league.
                  but why?
                  why once a year and not once every .75 yr?
                  are ogrons overinflated notions of glory really so dependent upon how many days lie between titles?

...people appeared ready to rumble after previous twdt ended. and this only 4-5 months after the conclusion of last TWL. p sure there was a poll somewhere on the forum and a pretty healthy majority chose TWL.
                  twl is higher quality games, more competitive and thus more fun for competitors. its no surprise people chose it over twdt even so soon after its previous concluded season.

The Mind of the Father
                  Riding on the subtle guiders
                  Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
                  Of relentless Fire

Comment

There's really no debate on how often due to two prevalent factors... 1) dwindling population, and 2) competitive leagues are organized and ran by us, the community, and volunteer staffers.

TWL s24 will be following TWDT s22, and a full forum announcement with more details (high level dates, ops, etc.) is being organized by multiple staffers & volunteers to be posted before TWDT s22 finals. In all honesty, we're looking to piggyback on some of the more-recent global lockdown extensions, and pull back some of the players who logged in at the start of the pandemic last year. This may (or may not) be one of the last LARGE TWLs before normalcy starts returning. We have no idea, but we do know there is enough of the TW population wanting to play another competitive league after TWDT, so we're actively organizing something.

Have some patience with us on the full announcement, but get HYPED for another TWL ​
                    Last edited by Dwopple; 01-07-2021, 03:56 PM.
                    zidane> big play
                    Omega Red> dwop sick
                    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Originally posted by Poseidon View Post

but why?
                      why once a year and not once every .75 yr?
                      Because TWL isn't as fun as old TWDT?

The perfect balance of seasons is 2 TWDTs (one star cap, one with low-star slots like 2014-2018) and 1 TWL. Games where 60-75% of the line is TWL caliber and 25-40% is lower star players (but still decent) tends to be the sweet spot for competitive, fun seasons.

TWL skews too hard one way, and TWDT Star Cap skews too hard towards punishing you for being really good. The move away from max slots and playing with some 8s and 7s (accounting for recent ratings inflations) is really baffling and frustrating. The challenge of playing as a 10* is fun once a year, but 3x a year just sucks the fun out of it.

Our best 3 players this season put up nearly 37-40 kills in several TWDT-D games and lost them all because the talent difference between an 8* and a 9* is small and the difference between a 7* and a 6* is astronomical. It doesn't matter what you do when 2 of your 5 teammates are going 1-10 and 3-10 every game.

The frustrating thing is we solved this problem 7 years ago, and it's been reintroduced. We eliminated the 5* slot (with inflation, current 6*s). So we eliminated the 6* slot by 2020 standards because people going 2-10 every game is so crippling and un-fun. The TWDT-D and TWDT-J games were something like Max/Max/9/8/7 slots before the Star Cap System, and it worked well.

I'm fine with one season a year being star cap, it lets 8*s and 7*s feel insanely powerful and have fun, and some 10*s can try to go super saiyan and carry treating it like TWL, but 3 is just awful.

TWL is fun if you're on a stacked squad or getting to play with who you want to play with, but TWDT (pre-Star Cap) is way more fun. Why wouldn't we run something that is more fun for more people more often?

And playing more than 3 seasons feels like too much, so do the math. 2 TWDTs, 1 TWL. Pretty simple.
                      top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

The perfect balance of seasons is 2 TWDTs (one star cap, one with low-star slots like 2014-2018) and 1 TWL. Games where 60-75% of the line is TWL caliber and 25-40% is lower star players (but still decent) tends to be the sweet spot for competitive, fun seasons.

TWL skews too hard one way, and TWDT Star Cap skews too hard towards punishing you for being really good. The move away from max slots and playing with some 8s and 7s (accounting for recent ratings inflations) is really baffling and frustrating. The challenge of playing as a 10* is fun once a year, but 3x a year just sucks the fun out of it.

Our best 3 players this season put up nearly 37-40 kills in several TWDT-D games and lost them all because the talent difference between an 8* and a 9* is small and the difference between a 7* and a 6* is astronomical. It doesn't matter what you do when 2 of your 5 teammates are going 1-10 and 3-10 every game.

The frustrating thing is we solved this problem 7 years ago, and it's been reintroduced. We eliminated the 5* slot (with inflation, current 6*s). So we eliminated the 6* slot by 2020 standards because people going 2-10 every game is so crippling and un-fun. The TWDT-D and TWDT-J games were something like Max/Max/9/8/7 slots before the Star Cap System, and it worked well.

I'm fine with one season a year being star cap, it lets 8*s and 7*s feel insanely powerful and have fun, and some 10*s can try to go super saiyan and carry treating it like TWL, but 3 is just awful.

TWL is fun if you're on a stacked squad or getting to play with who you want to play with, but TWDT (pre-Star Cap) is way more fun. Why wouldn't we run something that is more fun for more people more often?

And playing more than 3 seasons feels like too much, so do the math. 2 TWDTs, 1 TWL. Pretty simple.
                        It was max/max/8/7/6 in the last season. And about the 7-6* stuff. Like you said it inflated. Two 7* should be able to beat a 10* if u look to the stars, but i am pretty sure they will have a hard time. Isnt it time to go back to the old star system where a 7 was a decent twd player/twl sub. I feel like most 7* rarely play the ship but got 7 because they got shipcontrol and aim in some other ship. For example, with all respect, are players like pressure, porkjet and sarger really worth as much to sub in twl in a wb or jav? Instead the people who should be in this group are rated as 8* in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

This.

TWLD 2016 Champion
                          TWDTD champion x 3
                          Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

But why TWL only once a year? Just a few reasons off the top of my head:

- More people get to participate in DT than in TWL.

- TWL has been known to kill the zone after

- TWL will feel less important if it is run too frequently

- Stacking in TWL is a HUGE problem. The top teams in TWL will outclass the other teams way too much. This makes it not even really worth playing on the lower tier teams. Lower tier teams in DT can usually net some wins in other divisions at least.

- Generally speaking, players give their best in TWL and are more relaxed in DT/TWD. Putting in your 110% too often is draining for the players.

With more and more players getting good in multiple ships, along with a smaller player base, maybe it is time to tighten the roster caps for TWL. This would help some with stacking problem.
                            Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                            (10 seconds later)
                            rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                            P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

It was max/max/8/7/6 in the last season. And about the 7-6* stuff. Like you said it inflated. Two 7* should be able to beat a 10* if u look to the stars, but i am pretty sure they will have a hard time. Isnt it time to go back to the old star system where a 7 was a decent twd player/twl sub. I feel like most 7* rarely play the ship but got 7 because they got shipcontrol and aim in some other ship. For example, with all respect, are players like pressure, porkjet and sarger really worth as much to sub in twl in a wb or jav? Instead the people who should be in this group are rated as 8* in my opinion.
                              This. The half-star system automatically boosted everyone who has more than 100 hours logged into a 7*. The ratings are broken. In a way it makes 6* players the most crucial member of the team, which was obviously not the intent. I'm not good at math, I don't know how to fix it, but it's definitely broken.
                              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                              Message has been sent to online moderators
                              2:BLeeN> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>no
                              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                              2:BLeeN> ok then no
                              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Really hoping for super strict roster limits this year which I have been calling for multiple season. For WB/JAV like 8 (forcing people to play and get better in multiple leagues + more teams + no 3-league stacking) and separate basing rosters (10) like last year. Or make it completely combined with roster limit of 11-12 with the same effect.
                                Season 12 champion TWLD / TWLJ
                                Season 18 champion TWLJ / TWLB
                                Season 19 champion TWLB (C)

Season 6 champion TWDT-J TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 10 champion TWDT-J (C)
                                Season 11 champion TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 13 champion TWDT-B (C)
                                Season 17 TRIPLE CROWN TWDT (C)

The winningest TWDT captain of all time

Comment

Working...
                                X