TWL Season 24 (RIP KOBE) Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Season 24 (RIP KOBE) Announcement

TWL Season 24 is starting once our current TWDT season ends.

Start Date

The regular season will start on Sunday 28th February. There will be no preseason.

TWL Operators

vys & Dwopple

Qualifications

Qualifications for squads to enter TWL will be open from Monday 18th January, they will be closed on Wednesday 24th RIP KOBE February. Squads will have to play a minimum amount of qualifying TWD games (5) in the league that they would like to participate in. If your squad is interested in registering for the upcoming TWL season please reach out to vys or Dwopple in game, or post here. We are hoping to have between 8-10 squads in LD/LJ and at least 6 for LB (Same as TWL Season 23)

Eligible Qualifying Games

Atleast 3 rostered players in TWDD/TWJD and 5 rostered players in TWBD MUST be played in a full match for the match to be considered as an eligible game for qualification.

Roster limits

1 Division
    TWLD - 7 Players
    TWLJ - 7 Players
    TWLB - 10 Players

2 Divisions
    TWLD + TWLJ - 9 Players
    TWLD/TWLJ+ TWLB - 11 Players

3 Divisions
    13 Players

Regular Season

The length of the regular season will depend on how many squads have signed up. It is likely to be similar to the last TWL format where squads face each other twice during the season, with two games in each league every Sunday.

Playoffs

The playoffs will be single elimination in a best of three format. There will be at least one weekend for semi-finals, and one weekend for finals. Depending on how many teams register for TWL, it is possible there will be a week for quarter-finals also, where the top seeds would have a bye into the semis.

Resolution Cap

There will be a resolution limit of 1920x1200 in TWLD. There will be no resolution limit in TWLJ or TWLB. Players found using an ineligible resolution will be considered cheating.

RIP KOBE

1:vys> isn't it iconic that when you type %24 sound - its a GOAT? RIP KOBE
    Last edited by Dwopple; 01-23-2021, 01:15 PM.
    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Why rush TWL? Make the start date late March/early April.

Comment

so for 3 league squidrins, u cud only haf 13 total playirs? theres no more separate basink rostir and dueling rostir its just 13 playirs total for all leagues?

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
        so for 3 league squidrins, u cud only haf 13 total playirs? theres no more separate basink rostir and dueling rostir its just 13 playirs total for all leagues?
        Correct.
        zidane> big play
        Omega Red> dwop sick
        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Nice
          TWLD 2016 Champion
          TWDTD champion x 3
          Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post

Correct.
            +1 - roster limits look great.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Vys, thank you for writing this up for us and your help with the league. Really appreciate it. I like just about everything we are doing this twl ie. smaller rosters, full season (vsing teams twice regular season) but I think we should consider changing the times of games and be considerate of the playerbase.

The time structure we have now just burns people out after leagues are done, especially after TWL which historically kills activity. I'd love to see games get split up over days ie. fridays - wb, saturdays - jav, ect. or push the times way back to something like 6pm EST lol Its such shit playing this game in the middle of the day in the USA on a Sunday which is traditionally a family day for us here. But not even that, it's the 4-6 hour blocks of time you have set aside for this game. It's unreal..

I'd love like 1-2 hours per day, don't care if we do 1 game each (wb,jav,base) and do that for 2-3 days or we just do 1 division per day like I suggested ie. wb-fridays, jav-saturdays . I think doing it this way will keep the burnout levels lower. As it stands, participating in leagues for this game is like having a part time job because of the amount of time it ask of you.

Oh yea I'd also recommend adding pre-season and throw out an off weekend somewhere too to give everyone a break. maybe before playoffs or something so this doesn't feel so much like a chore lol.

Comment

No offense ixador but you talk like you’re playing in all 3 leagues. 1 hour a week is not bad for a 1 leaguer (I can’t speak for 3 leaguers). This is a game. it’s supposed to be fun and if you’re getting “burned out” you probably need to find a game you enjoy.
                In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post
                  No offense ixador but you talk like you’re playing in all 3 leagues. 1 hour a week is not bad for a 1 leaguer (I can’t speak for 3 leaguers). This is a game. it’s supposed to be fun and if you’re getting “burned out” you probably need to find a game you enjoy.
                  i think by burned out, most people mean it gets tiring staring at tiny ships on your screen for hours straight and trying to keep focus. i think any game would do that
                  J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                  8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

IS there any way we can do double squadding for BD squads? I think it would improve the quality of base games and allow more base squads to participate which is always a good thing.
                    TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                    TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                    TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                    TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                    TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Jessup View Post
                      IS there any way we can do double squadding for BD squads? I think it would improve the quality of base games and allow more base squads to participate which is always a good thing.
                      No, sorry.
                      Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

I dont play much but i see the game is about to be Under Martial law More Hosting Less posting
                        IMA HOE

Whacha gonna do on mawnin when you wake up to an M-16 nozzle at ya jaaaaaw.

Comment

Working...
                        X