Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rab
    replied
    I've tried to carry trash squads many times. That isn't fun either. Never again.

Leave a comment:

• Geio
    replied
    apt than it would not be TWL. Supposed to be the best of the best. That’s why that won’t work. Keep twdt and twl separate. Twdt in fact is pretty fun though and it’s great competition

Leave a comment:

• apt
    replied
    Why not implement Draft League’s rating system into TWL rosters.

You can choose your friends, but your roster is capped at a certain amount of points, game is not.

Leave a comment:

• apt
    replied
    Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Well then the blame also falls on the basers who purposely stack squads to remove all competition, rather than willfully joining lessor ones to improve it. You can't blame the new basers for getting shit on when the 'elites' all join the same squad for the sole purpose of winning as easily as possible.

Every league does this to an extent, but basing sometimes seems like the worst offender when there are only two squads that ever do anything. The top skill players could try to play against each other instead of joining, but they don't. TWDT is a success only because it forces them to do that instead of allowing them to do it willingly. TWL has become a joke because these people seem deathly afraid of competition for some reason.

Imo, if there are only two good basing squads due to the above factors, then the really fun league is the competition between everyone else for third place. The top two teams just waste their time until the finals. Let them have their time wasted then. That's what they wanted, so that's what they'll get. Everyone else will have fun playing scrubs vs scrubs.
    Lol.

It is true, can’t lie from my observations. Been back for a few months and I’ve read people more joyfully proud of riding the bench of a TWLB champion, than having had the opportunity to actually contribute to any of their wins. Which, this psychology is excusable if we were all still 13 playing in our rooms, but ya’ll grown, you’d think wanting to compete and improve would be the purpose of playing an organized league.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by Rab View Post
    It's just that what ends up happening is those players get repeatedly shit on. I think that does more harm than good.
    Well then the blame also falls on the basers who purposely stack squads to remove all competition, rather than willfully joining lessor ones to improve it. You can't blame the new basers for getting shit on when the 'elites' all join the same squad for the sole purpose of winning as easily as possible.

Every league does this to an extent, but basing sometimes seems like the worst offender when there are only two squads that ever do anything. The top skill players could try to play against each other instead of joining, but they don't. TWDT is a success only because it forces them to do that instead of allowing them to do it willingly. TWL has become a joke because these people seem deathly afraid of competition for some reason.

Imo, if there are only two good basing squads due to the above factors, then the really fun league is the competition between everyone else for third place. The top two teams just waste their time until the finals. Let them have their time wasted then. That's what they wanted, so that's what they'll get. Everyone else will have fun playing scrubs vs scrubs.

Leave a comment:

• apt
    replied
    It's just that what ends up happening is those players get repeatedly shit on. I think that does more harm than good.
    Yeah, that’s true; but if players were willing to mix and match outside of a force scenario ( Draft League), it would be the opposite of diminishing returns and would be more in relation to compounding interest.

Leave a comment:

• Rab
    replied

Leave a comment:

• apt
    replied
    Originally posted by Exalt View Post

If you don't want TWLB to happen, then just say so. Otherwise, what do you care what squads are good or not? Are you against more people playing base?
    The league has been elitist since I stopped playing back in 07. We all want competition yea I get it, but no one wants to introduce new players or new squads or play with them.

Then these same people complain as to why only 2 squads are capable of competing for a title every year.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Agreed but that takes us back to setting a bar for qualification whether that's on twd rating, w:l, or whatever; and then that's muddied by borrowing.

It's pretty easy to look at the basing squad rosters and see that half of them are pure trash.
    If you don't want TWLB to happen, then just say so. Otherwise, what do you care what squads are good or not? Are you against more people playing base?

Leave a comment:

• Rab
    replied
    Agreed but that takes us back to setting a bar for qualification whether that's on twd rating, w:l, or whatever; and then that's muddied by borrowing.

It's pretty easy to look at the basing squad rosters and see that half of them are pure trash.

Leave a comment:

• Grasps
    replied
    Signup Dynasty for ALL divisions please & ty. (We've already qualified in every division..)

Also, 2nd what Iron said about Paladen. I don't want to see any teams forfeit this season!

Leave a comment:

• Iron
    replied
    Originally posted by Jessup View Post
    Guess I will sign up Paladen for TWLD and TWLJ
    On a side note, just confirm 100% before you signup Paladen.
    Last TWL you guys forfeit alot of games and it really sucked.

Leave a comment:

• Jessup
    replied
    Guess I will sign up Paladen for TWLD and TWLJ

Leave a comment:

• Dwopple
    replied
    REMINDER -TWL Squad Qualifications open today. The qualification period will end Wednesday 24th (RIP Kobe).

Squad captains can post here, or direct message myself or vys to sign their squads up for TWL qualification evaluation. Squads who meet the qualifying match requirements will be tracked here

Eligible qualifying TWD squad matches will be confirmed for each league by vys and I.

Good luck to all captains and players... TWL is BACK!
    Last edited by Dwopple; 01-18-2021, 12:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• apt
    replied
    add juice to this list, tyvm

Leave a comment:

Working...
X