No announcement yet.

TWL Season 24 Rules & League Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How dare you try and change things up in this game!!!! You ?@(#ING FAT $#!& MOTHER ?@(#ER...

The Dwoppler Radar system is picking up a large amount of tears headed to this year's TWL region.

Comment

I'm completely fine with this new schedule, but my preferred order would also be javelin > base > warbird. It's how the match order used to be back in the day when teams could schedule their own matches through negotiation (which, for the record, was fucking terrible system and I strongly recommend not bringing it back because most captains do not know how to properly negotiate times).

Comment

base games are going to reach 30 minutes many times. There are going to be many teams able to go toe to toe causing us to start behind on time every week. 7 minutes of set up while people wait the entire time for their last player to log in plus a 30 minute match? When they are at the end, I know if doesnt matter as much, but the first games are going to require some schedule change besides 30 min block imo. That being said, i would strongly suggest not base first, but atleast 2nd.

edit: arent twl times 5+2 for dueling and 7+2 for base? forgot
        Last edited by Tiny; 01-25-2021, 10:51 AM. Reason: twl times
        1:waven> u challenge
        1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

yes i jumped to a conclusion, sorry. i apologized to Dwopple personally in-game as well.

the amount of forfeits since moving basing from first to last has gone down drastically. it's been a very popular and successful move.

beam tried a similar change last year and it caused a furor, so i was really taken aback by this decision.

although im disappointed by this change and basing and dueling rosters not being separate, i appreciate vys and dwopple's efforts volunteering.
          top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post
            base games are going to reach 30 minutes many times. There are going to be many teams able to go toe to toe causing us to start behind on time every week. 7 minutes of set up while people wait the entire time for their last player to log in plus a 30 minute match? When they are at the end, I know if doesnt matter as much, but the first games are going to require some schedule change besides 30 min block imo. That being said, i would strongly suggest not base first, but atleast 2nd.

edit: arent twl times 5+2 for dueling and 7+2 for base? forgot
            There is no add time function for TWLB since couple of seasons ago. I think there would be very little delays if we start the games as fast as possible without waiting for all other basing games to finish.

Comment

this cud b gr8 change but also perhips wut sum ppl haf said such as a2m n othir that mayb vsink javs then bisink then wirbirt cud b gud becuz mayb sum more ppl arrife 4 lj mitch n privint pissibil forfeits for bisink, while still keepink it earlier 4 the eurips

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post
                I agree I’m not a fan of the earlier basing time and like ogron said there have been polls for this. Rather than complaining for complaining sake here is my alternative solution:

TWLD - 2:00pm with 2nd round immediately after
                TWLJ - 2:45pm with 2nd round immediately after
                TWLB - 3:30pm with 2nd round immediately after

This gives an extra 30min off the end time. Looking at the times from last season, the longest games in wb and jav were 15min and that was for the close matches otherwise they were shorter. This removes the arbitrary gap of scheduling games every 30 minutes as most people just linger around waiting. Another way to decrease the end time is to decrease the time it takes to set lineups.
                I don't hate this, but I do think scheduling scheduling games to start at the x:45 minute mark would be pretty confusing to many. It's been easy for people to remember specific leagues start at the top of each hour. That said, I'm not completely ruling this out if others would like to offer their thoughts.

For transparency, I've also had a couple in-game side conversations with people about this which came up after I posted this. I've been directing everyone to this thread to post their comments for discussion, so as not to silo information into private / semi-private discussions. I have stayed away from expressing opinions and decision making privately and semi-privately (chats).

I am taking notice of 2 things so far... 1) seems like a (still-early) general consensus is to not have basing first, mainly due to an increased potential for forfeitures and subsequent match delays. 2) keeping things AS-IS (like previous seasons) OR moving base to 2nd, and having either wbs or javs 1st. The clear favorite so far in this thread being Javs > Basing > Wbs. A side conversation I've had with someone didn't mind basing 2nd, but preferred keeping wbs first. I've directed them to this thread if they want to start a discussion specific to this.

edit: speaking of opinions, mine is to not have basing 3rd solely based on my reasoning in my earlier post referencing the stats BIET provided. I do believe having basing first or second will address some super-late nights for many Euros with having basing as the 3rd division. I do not, and have never held this opinion for my own personal / squad's gain. This is something I've seen mentioned in multiple threads, witnessed myself many times, and sought match statistics to point us to a productive discussion on this.

edit2: included "keeping things as-is (to previous seasons)" in my second observation
                Last edited by Dwopple; 01-25-2021, 02:54 PM.
                zidane> big play
                Omega Red> dwop sick
                mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

The x:45 thing isn't necessary. Currently some games finish, then everyone waits for the last game to finish, then 1 minute later the next games begin. The people in the longest game barely get time to piss.

Comment

wut about altirniting wb/jav 1st/3rd each week and bisink cud always b 2nd

Comment

Basing games could be changed from 15 minutes of flag time to a maximum of 5.

About 8 pm finnish time is a great time slot for the league.
                      TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Originally posted by Jones View Post
                        Basing games could be changed from 15 minutes of flag time to a maximum of 5.

About 8 pm finnish time is a great time slot for the league.
                        I'm going to assume this is mostly a troll comment? Either that, or I just don't understand what you're proposing.

------- ---------------- -----------------

To keep the discussion going-

I think it's easier on everyone throughout the entirety of the season to not have flipped divisional schedules (i.e., wb > basing > jav one week, then jav > basing > wb the next, etc.)

Based on feedback provided in this thread, I am leaning towards ordering moving TWLB to second, and TWLJ to first. The order would be as follows. TWLJ > TWLB > TWLD. This would address, at least partially, the issue of extra-long nights for Euros, while avoiding the concerns raised about forfeitures with having TWLB first.

I have not yet heard enough of an argument to keep the order the same as we always have, but I welcome everyone in favor of keeping things the same to keep providing their thoughts.
                        zidane> big play
                        Omega Red> dwop sick
                        mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                        WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                        1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

I think most people here would like their preferred ship to be played first... I was going to make an argument for warbird to be played first and then saw turban say he would prefer javelin to be played first. I think everybody wants to be "Fresh" for the ship they value the most. I'm not really opposed to trying a different schedule but my two cents would be to keep it wb / jav / base
                          1:Riverside> you guys eat schmores in america?

Comment

I'm against the change personally because basing is exhausting and is best saved for last.

Also quite sick of seeing people go "its been this way 4evir!!!!!!!! why change??????????????"

With that said if this change is favorably polled I don't really mind either way
                            Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy
                            Shaw> it was sad steadman. ppl were saying morph was the best jav and stuff. sad times without you here
                            mcvicar> the last time ease spoke to me is when he said fart and then claus said "Fart it is."
                            Mythril> stead was wishing covid 14 on ppl back in the day

Jessup> I was beat up by a dwarf once

Comment

I personally clear my Sundays for TW so I am able to show up for any schedule. Other people are not so lucky to be their own bosses. I am worried making basing first will net forfeits for some squads. +1 for Javelins first.

The better idea might be to go LJ, LB, LD for TWL and if it goes well then try basing first for the next event, which I assume will be DT.

Violence might be on to something, what about alternating the schedule from week to week?
                              Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
                              (10 seconds later)
                              rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
                              P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

Can we set some sort of downsizing date a week before TWL begins? Force captains to start showing their TWL rosters so other captains can see who's left on the TWD rosters to try and poach players.

Comment

Working...
                                X