Should big rocks be removed in TWLD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should big rocks be removed in TWLD?

Big rocks were removed 2 twdtd seasons ago due to the result of a poll about a year ago and they have recently been brought back for TWLD as big rocks were present in the previous season of TWLD. I just wanted to get some feedback from the community to see what you guys think is the best way to go for LD. Keep in mind I am not involved in TWL and Vys has flat out said he doesn't care what the community wants and will do whatever he feels like so this probably won't matter but I still want to hear what you all think.

Pros of big rocks: They provide cover and make players less reliant on support from their team to avoid rushes/vulches. It makes certain radar angles impossible so there's less stray kills at high level play. There's various angles you can bounce off big rocks that lead to outplays that are not possible with the small rocks.

Pros of only small rocks. Faster paced gameplay. People can't hide behind big rocks where they are literally impossible to kill. Promotes teaming. Way more on screen battles leading to more exciting games to play/watch. Never have to watch welt hide behind a big rock on the bottom wall.
    Keep big rocks in twdd/twld like they have been for 23 seasons
    48.57%
    Remove big rocks from dd/twld like in twdtd
    51.43%
    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

I feel that removing big rocks will only benefit the rush style play. Having both rocks in play, allows it to cater to all styles. It's been in play for 23 seasons and shouldn't be changed.
    Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Vys View Post
      I feel that removing big rocks will only benefit the rush style play. Having both rocks in play, allows it to cater to all styles. It's been in play for 23 seasons and shouldn't be changed.
      There's always ways to improve things and using the argument of "that's how it's always been" just stands in the way of innovation and progress. It's a really bad look to flat out say you want to make a change to a league and disregard community feedback because it benefits your playstyle.
      Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Obviously I don't know shit about TWLD, but in duel arenas it's boring as fuck to see a 1v1 with one person hiding behind a rock. If you are paying attention you shouldn't need a massive rock to avoid strays. I wish they would remove them from all arenas.
        Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

rylo> 1.5 mil for whoever kills renzi
        (10 seconds later)
        rEnZi is out. 17 kills 10 deaths. 2 players remain.
        P TW-Pub> rylo sent you $1,500,000, you now have $4,047,199.

If you're going to do a thing you should to it to the best of your ability or don't do it at all.

Comment

I understand in a duel setting with people hiding behind rocks in a 1v1, for me it’s element of using your surroundings, if I’m being rushed, I have better ship control than most and are able to quick divert the rock and lead the chaser into the rock. During team snipes I’m able to use it as cover to recharge. I just feel taking that out of the game favours one style of play. Even the best streamers on warzone and in other game will utilise cover to heal and it’s the same sense for recharging.

Comment

Small rocks are still being used to block shots (mostly in 1v1 scenarios), the difference is it actually requires observation skill and control as opposed to big rocks making you death immune for 0 effort.

Feel like big rocks generally reward behaviors that arent skill based (patience, autism).. The cons of big rocks far outweigh the pros and to be honest I thought beam was quite generous with his comparison.

Comment

I dislike big asteroids in warbird as they feel like a cheap get out of jail card with very little options to counter it. Most notable ones are the rocks around the edges where you can be essentially invulnerable. Replacing big asteroids with smaller ones would not only promote teamwork, but also reward skillful play while increasing the pace of the game all of which are good things for an already boring league.

Comment

I dislike big rocks as well but I’m a pretty shitty wb who hates 1v1 dueling with a passion.

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

looks like we removing the rocks. ez.
                  2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

I prefer big rocks in the game. I think it provides an additional element of gameplay for ppl to consider and don't see why we would remove it.

The argument that people are going to hide behind it leading to less fun gameplay is silly. If you're hiding behind the rock the entire game I can promise you that you'll lose. LOL.

Comment

i honestly thought this thread title said should big dicks be removed from twld
                      1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Originally posted by apt View Post
                        i honestly thought this thread title said should big dicks be removed from twld
                        Meh, I guess I'll sit out twl

Comment

There's roughly 142 total rocks (yes I counted) and of those rocks, there's roughly 20 big ones. to appease to both sides, why not just reduce the rocks by half.
                          2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

Originally posted by Beast View Post
                            There's roughly 142 total rocks (yes I counted) and of those rocks, there's roughly 20 big ones. to appease to both sides, why not just reduce the rocks by half.
                            Better make a poll for that too.

I like the big rocks. I don't think that I even think about using them but they bring back a since of nostalgia. How helpful they are to me I am not sure if at all but I like them and never was a fan of tiny rocks. I just feel it's a space game, rocks should be of different sizes I'd love to see FC's greens comeback too. Was dumb those got removed by some butt hurt folks who cried on forums lol

Comment

Big rocks are a massive problem for an already boring league. A duel that would take 10 minutes without big rocks turns into an hour long duel when they're added. They're almost the exact size of a warbird so hiding behind them is extremely easy. It's also very easy to hide behind a rock while straying and taking almost 0 risk. IMO this is a disservice for what is already the most boring ship to play and watch in leagues.
                              Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy
                              Shaw> it was sad steadman. ppl were saying morph was the best jav and stuff. sad times without you here
                              mcvicar> the last time ease spoke to me is when he said fart and then claus said "Fart it is."
                              Mythril> stead was wishing covid 14 on ppl back in the day

Jessup> I was beat up by a dwarf once

Comment

Working...
                              X