Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TWL format is shit are we trying to kill the zone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- Separate basing from dueling. A lot of players can play 2 divisions, not many can play all 3. Maybe even go further and separate all 3.

- Lower the roster cap. You really only need 2 sub spots. Let's say 10 cap for base, 10 for DD+JD, 7 for just DD or JD.

- We need higher requirements to play, 5 games seriously? You can do that on one Saturday. I also miss when teams were around for years not just a month before and after TWL.

- Don't put any sort of star cap in. I hate TWL myself but still I understand what it is, it is supposed to be the best players to complete. Leave DT and TWL separate. TWL is only once per year anyways, we have DT several times per year to keep game alive.

- TWL is not meant for part time players, go play DT. It is meant for competition. If not active don't participate. You don't HAVE to participate in every event. TWD will be active up until playoffs because of TWL, go play that.

- Oh and I almost forgot, only give medals to people actually playing in the playoffs, maybe even just finals. This will help with players simply benching for medals.

olde Just nitpicking here but 8 teams playing 100 games each would only be 400 games. Remember there are 2 teams in each game.
    Last edited by RageRitual; 02-16-2021, 02:14 PM.
    rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
    rEnZi> its crazy
    rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post
      - TWL is not meant for part time players, go play DT. It is meant for competition. If not active don't participate. You don't HAVE to participate in every event. TWD will be active up until playoffs because of TWL, go play that.
      So you are telling these people to disappear for 3 months because TWL should have only extra small roster? It's not stopping the stacking or improving the competition lol
      Oh, and then you have the expectations that these people after being gone for 3 months will want to come back to play TWDT? a place where they have no say on who they get to play and compete with?
      Very fun times

Comment

RageRitual good catch... but throughout the year there would probly be more then 8 teams formed in twd. Where lets say 4 stayed together year round. Basically all this would be is like playoffs for TWD. Top 8 teams on ladderare invited to playoffs and only players who played in 1/3 of games are eligible to play, OR spend 50? 75? Days on roster... kinda like

How twl started out. Invite only, mostly all TWD squads... Not squad made the week b4. Look at the fkn mutiny going on right now in the zone, its a shit show LOL. Then have your stupid stack on 3 squads tournament after.... TWDT-D the rest of the year

Its not that much TWL the problem, its the Qualifications are a joke..........

Comment

Unfortunately there is no easy solution for this situation. Like Lee said, the player base is probably not there anymore (and will only dwindle) to support a high skill/high competition league like TWL. I guess the allure of pixelated medals is too great.

The optimal scenario is star caps, and that is a draft league. This creates more competitive leagues and parity. In my opinion, the way forward would be to make draft leagues run more often in place of TWL. The challenge in doing this is finding great captains to draft teams. Up until now, TW has been really lucky to have usually all draft captains be really high grade players but I imagine finding captains is always a challenge.

Possibly we could experiment with having a randomly generated or automated draft and setting up captain by volunteers after the fact. This is complex, but if done right it could ensure draft leagues run more often. Just something to think about if gathering captains becomes a bigger issue like it did in EG.

Comment

Unless there's a really compelling case otherwise, I think rules and format should stay exactly as planned. They seem decent enough to me?

Mouse lamented the lack of a 2nd 10* shark, which he's now found. And Mythril lamented not being able to play base, which he now can. Perfect, the system changes slightly and players find a way to adapt.

Other than Mythril I don't think there are many people who would/could find separate LJ/LD and LB teams. As Tiny mentions, in past seasons cross-squadding was rare.

Precedent should be given to the rules as they were originally stated. Squads are already very volatile, and changing rules to allow split rosters is just going to cause more snaking and chaos.

Re: stacking. What you're lamenting is people making free choices in a level playing field. We already have an equity-tournament, it's called TWDT. TWL is something completely different and should not be tampered with. Many people across the skill gap enjoy being able to play with their friends, win or lose. There are loads of slots and squads out there, you just have to lower your expectations a little.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
              Unless there's a really compelling case otherwise, I think rules and format should stay exactly as planned. They seem decent enough to me?

Mouse lamented the lack of a 2nd 10* shark, which he's now found. And Mythril lamented not being able to play base, which he now can. Perfect, the system changes slightly and players find a way to adapt.

Other than Mythril I don't think there are many people who would/could find separate LJ/LD and LB teams. As Tiny mentions, in past seasons cross-squadding was rare.

Precedent should be given to the rules as they were originally stated. Squads are already very volatile, and changing rules to allow split rosters is just going to cause more snaking and chaos.

Re: stacking. What you're lamenting is people making free choices in a level playing field. We already have an equity-tournament, it's called TWDT. TWL is something completely different and should not be tampered with. Many people across the skill gap enjoy being able to play with their friends, win or lose. There are loads of slots and squads out there, you just have to lower your expectations a little.
              I would still like a format change regardless of the current status of Pandora. Creating a roster in this format is a huge pain in the ass and having a draft would create a much less toxic environment / stress on caps. I would like TWL to be the best of the best obviously, but in the current format we end up with a lot of people having hurt feelings and people not wanting to play as we can see on how a bunch of players feel in this post alone. I was talking to Beam about this and agreed with him that TWL should be a draft with 10* captains and keeping the leagues separate. Also no star cap obv so you can feel free to play the best line you draft. We can see how many people sign up and then decide how many teams / roster size of each team based on numbers. This also allows players who don't want to commit every weekend to still play well as long as they are good enough to start since roster size shouldn't be an issue in this format.

TWD is where we can play with our friends and make our own squads. I don't play this game for fukin pixel medals and I think it would be pretty pathetic if someone chose not to play a season to get one on a bench. I think the real issue, however isn't people trying to get pixel medals it is not wanting to go out with a team that is gonna get smoked every Sunday. When all of our top squads currently stack like they are there isn't enough talent left to form a competitive lineup after say 4-5 squads... I personally would rage out after a week or two playing on a squad with no chance of winning. I mean common man there is a squad name currently called TWL rejects, and this is how I think a lot of people feel who arn't 9*+.

Basically what I am trying to say is TWL shouldn't have such a difficult entry wall. Don't force people to have to play TWD, fuck roster limits, separate the leagues (pro sports don't combine football + basketball+ hockey players on the same team). Don't make the best strategy to win stacking because that is how it currently works.
              Last edited by MousE; 02-16-2021, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MousE View Post

I would still like a format change regardless of the current status of Pandora. Creating a roster in this format is a huge pain in the ass and having a draft would create a much less toxic environment / stress on caps. I would like TWL to be the best of the best obviously, but in the current format we end up with a lot of people having hurt feelings and people not wanting to play as we can see on how a bunch of players feel in this post alone. I was talking to Beam about this and agreed with him that TWL should be a draft with 10* captains and keeping the leagues separate. Also no star cap obv so you can feel free to play the best line you draft. We can see how many people sign up and then decide how many teams / roster size of each team based on numbers. This also allows players who don't want to commit every weekend to still play well as long as they are good enough to start since roster size shouldn't be an issue in this format.

TWD is where we can play with our friends and make our own squads. I don't play this game for fukin pixel medals and I think it would be pretty pathetic if someone chose not to play a season to get one on a bench. I think the real issue, however isn't people trying to get pixel medals it is not wanting to go out with a team that is gonna get smoked every Sunday. When all of our top squads currently stack like they are there isn't enough talent left to form a competitive lineup after say 4-5 squads... I personally would rage out after a week or two playing on a squad with no chance of winning. I mean common man there is a squad name currently called TWL rejects, and this is how I think a lot of people feel who arn't 9*+.

Basically what I am trying to say is TWL shouldn't have such a difficult entry wall. Don't force people to have to play TWD, fuck roster limits, separate the leagues (pro sports don't combine football + basketball+ hockey players on the same team). Don't make the best strategy to win stacking because that is how it currently works.
                I agree with everything MousE has said here, in general.

I wrote a whole shit load after this, but I deleted it.

Short point is, it seems we have about 6 basing squads that can compete into playoffs, with most likely a total of 8, maybe even 9 when all is said and done.
                And I think that's good actually, that's pretty good. We cant expect every squad to be able to make a run at the title, but 75% of competing teams, that's good.

Mind you, personally as it stands don't see juice as one of those 6, we may end up with 9 total, let's see.

That being said, I think using some metrics from TWDT, should be incorporated into the zone's Premier and ONLY league. We always keep TWD.
                Whether the TWL/TWDT solution is a roster cap based on rating, with as many players as you want, or 10* star captains draft, with no limits on rating as MousE alluded to; we need a fair shot at keeping this game alive, once we're faced with the dissolutions of quarantine and the pandemic.

Sometimes that means forcing stability and having a strong hand and doing what can be done to eliminate drama, squad hopping, dissolving every other week, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.

Have permanent squads via Draft.
                Allow new players to be added through seasons.
                Encourage diversity and engagement.

But then again, maybe a lot of people here, play for the drama, the inconsistency and the trepidation. Who knows.
                1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Originally posted by apt View Post

Have permanent squads via Draft.
                  Allow new players to be added through seasons.
                  Encourage diversity and engagement.
                  I like this idea a lot...

it’s usually the same people capping TWL squads more or less anyway. The game needs to change with the times and player base
                  J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                  8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

Are there even enough squads right now for TWLD?

I just looked at the TWD site, and there's only a small few squads with more than 4 or so 'semi-active' people that can even win a game. Is TWLD going to just be 3 squads? This is hilariously bad.
                    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

In order of star ratings for base so far and just taking a guess at who is starting and with mythril moving to pandora this changes things up.

pandora
                      strike
                      silence
                      cuphead
                      accuracy
                      rapid
                      juice

The other 3 teams to be brutally honest don't have lines.

Even though some teams are still missing a player here or there, the first 4 teams are really close in * power. Accuracy and Rapid should have some solid games in the mid-tier spot depending on who shows up for Rapid and may net some lucky wins. For the rest of the teams hopefully the higher tier teams will be nice and not dick them with specials, let them get a chance to learn.

rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                      rEnZi> its crazy
                      rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post
                        In order of star ratings for base so far and just taking a guess at who is starting and with mythril moving to pandora this changes things up.

pandora
                        strike
                        silence
                        cuphead
                        accuracy
                        rapid
                        juice

The other 3 teams to be brutally honest don't have lines.

Even though some teams are still missing a player here or there, the first 4 teams are really close in * power. Accuracy and Rapid should have some solid games in the mid-tier spot depending on who shows up for Rapid and may net some lucky wins. For the rest of the teams hopefully the higher tier teams will be nice and not dick them with specials, let them get a chance to learn.
                        Calling it now: Accuracy dissolves before week 5.
                        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                        Message has been sent to online moderators
                        2:BLeeN> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>no
                        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                        2:BLeeN> ok then no
                        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

the TWL draft idea works a lot better (imo) if you separate leagues. It is basically what that basing cup was last year but in all 3 divisions. A good idea but if you include all 3 leagues together in one draft it does get less competitive due to captains favoring certain divisions. I like TWL but it should be speedrun because teams lose confidence quickly/don't feel they have the time to get better. I'm sure its a combination of both.

Having a limited amount of players use the option of "double squadding" between base & wb/jav is not a good reason for it to be removed. There are a limited amount of people who play each ship at a high lvl anyways so even one of them choosing to use it changes a roster completely. I cannot emphasize enough how bad I believe this decision was, I don't care if it's not a big deal, it's just logically wrong.
                          TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
                          (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
                          PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
                          AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

literally the only reason acciricy hasnt dissolft yet is cuz i vsd them 4 beink p1ssys n dissilfink every squidrin they haf made for pist 3 yrs due 2 low T. its gr8 2 c they haf made it this far eefin

Comment

furthirmore i jus dun undirstind how a grown man can call anothir team "stacked" in a video game. its like the p1ssy @ pickup biskitbill who complains the team hes on is at a disadvantage and says "thats not fair" or "cud we make fair teams". how do u eefin admit that eefin if its true? do haf .01 pride? the wirst playir in cintinim histiry shouldnt efir admit anothir team is stacked or complain about fairniss. #1 u make a pack of n1rds feel gud about themselfs, #2 ur vigini immediately is able 2 b smelled through ne1s monitir from pikistin, #3 u disgrace ur fimily

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                                furthirmore i jus dun undirstind how a grown man can call anothir team "stacked" in a video game. its like the p1ssy @ pickup biskitbill who complains the team hes on is at a disadvantage and says "thats not fair" or "cud we make fair teams". how do u eefin admit that eefin if its true? do haf .01 pride? the wirst playir in cintinim histiry shouldnt efir admit anothir team is stacked or complain about fairniss. #1 u make a pack of n1rds feel gud about themselfs, #2 ur vigini immediately is able 2 b smelled through ne1s monitir from pikistin, #3 u disgrace ur fimily
                                For sure I see your facts, like if you playin streetball, in a particular hood, for a set amount of time, it can be like that.

But to highlight what renzi said earlier, it's we have to adapt to the community.

So to your streetball analogy and I seen this from anecdotal experience; if you playing with a few dozen people for a while, you know some cats just don't get better and some new cats come and they ain't too good either. But y'all essentially like family, cause you been playing on that same court for so long. So if y'all decide to have a tournament, or even just regular games, there a common known communion of "aight, 'let's balance these teams so we don't wipe you out."

Cause, it's a community and y'all want to compete, but you also want to keep that court, in that hood alive and not discourage the people who just can't hoop. So you adapt and find ways to do that.
                                1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Working...
                                X