Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Instead of doing what Commodo suggested you could make some sort of skill level cap for the players allowed and let all squads add 2 players. For example, nobody 9* or above in any league TWDT can join. That way you have some good players who can fill in at the 7.5-8.5* rating for ALL squads because every squad is going to run into issues whether it be lagouts or not being able to show on Sundays.
    Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy
    Shaw> it was sad steadman. ppl were saying morph was the best jav and stuff. sad times without you here
    mcvicar> the last time ease spoke to me is when he said fart and then claus said "Fart it is."
    Mythril> stead was wishing covid 14 on ppl back in the day

Jessup> I was beat up by a dwarf once

Comment

100% agree with viop. If ANY of our basers don't show up every week our squad have to use DDers in base... you guys wanna have the "premier league" having joke matches when a guy can't show? Today pand started 7v8 because we had to wake dders up when 1 spider didn't show. This is wayyyy too much of a commitment for an online game. I am sorry my squad has too many people that don't play multiple ships.

Today we had to force our dders into playing something they were uncomfortable with and they did it so we wouldnt forfeit the games. I am very greatful to lasenza and best This is not a fun process tho as a cap when we could have just added banks if we had some roster flex.
      Last edited by MousE; 03-01-2021, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MHz View Post
        Rather than divide it by 3-league squads (giving an unwarranted benefit to all of the already stacked squads), we should divide it by skill tiers. Call it a "stacking tax".

Tier 1- 13 players

Strike
        Silence
        Cuphead
        Pandora

Tier 2- 15 players

Rapid
        Lululemon
        Accuracy

Tier 3- 17 players

Everyone else

The tier divisions are obviously just what I've arbitrarily decided, but I'm sure they would align with total TWDT * value per team, so could be quantified more scientifically.
        Is it more enjoyable for you to play pandora while we fielded dders? Is that how the premier leagues run? ur saying because we have too many 1 ship players we should be punished by having no room for subs? we should all have to commit to playing every sunday or else we play with ppl who dont even base?

People say Oh ya dont recruit dders... then which sharks would we have right now? Why do the dders count against our basing roster when none of then want to base except Myth?

Anyway the way i see it u guys are scared.... you poached a player from us a week before the season. Now you want to prevent us having any roster flex?? You guys say Im toxic but you lie cheat steal and flex on rules for a 2d game to have an advantage.... do u really wanna win by beating a team playin a jav/wb in a base lineup???

u prolly do.... losers
        Last edited by MousE; 03-01-2021, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MousE View Post
          u prolly do.... losers

Looool I like mouse
          1:waven> u challenge
          1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
          Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

lol theres no need to get crazy with this. just add two or three slots just to allow a safety net for the 3 league squads.

mouse literally just proved why we need to make this happen. of course like someone said on the first page, anyone added cant be on a current TWL roster which is very fair.

Comment

Our team is lucky to have several players who can and most importantly want to play two or three leagues, but most squads are simply not as fortunate as us in terms of roster depth.

It is nearly impossible for most squads to balance out their roster to have enough players, including one or two backups, in each league. There simply is not enough players left in the zone who are capable of playing multiple leagues at a competitive level, and the argument that "strict roster limits encourage players to branch out and play other leagues" is an awful take. In reality we end up with teams sacrificing their chances in one league (example: Pandora, Accuracy) to counteract these strict roster limits to ensure they have a fighting chance in the other two, but even that kind of a compromise from the teams is not always enough which is exactly what we saw this weekend. The harsh reality is that there simply aren't that many players who actually want to playany other ships than their main one.

I personally want to have as competitive of a season as possible, and can honestly say that it's not fun to play against subpar lineups. Our match against Pandora would have been much closer (and thus, more enjoyable for all parties) had they added someone like Banks who is currently excluded from their roster to ensure they have a competitive warbird lineup.

One or two extra roster slots would go a long way as it would increase the competitiveness of some matches while also allowing more players to participate in this season. Seems like a win-win situation to me.

Comment

5+5+8
                /thread

Comment

MousE lol bad capping on your part, remove a wb and add a baser to your roster. Guy had the make a choice to bench either Mythril or skepsis. Must be nice... Got 10 star LD legends riding pine.... This was the reason for the roster cap u fk....

Comment

yeah I'd take this more seriously if it was coming from anybody other than pandora who have 8 elite wb options and could easily remove 1 or 2 to get the basing depth they are seeking
                    Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Originally posted by olde View Post
                      MousE lol bad capping on your part, remove a wb and add a baser to your roster. Guy had the make a choice to bench either Mythril or skepsis. Must be nice... Got 10 star LD legends riding pine.... This was the reason for the roster cap u fk....
                      Loooo
                      TWLD 2016 Champion
                      TWDTD champion x 3
                      Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

I am very confused beam i didnt make this post i am explaining our difficulty as well to make a roster with for multiple leagues. Not sure what 8 elite wbs u are talking about i think u need to do some math... ur response is to ax warbirds so we can have subs for base? we have 5 wb plus myth from lion... thats who are wb for us. If they didnt come we wouldnt even be taking wb seriously prolly not even playing it. see 6 wb + 7 basers = 13. myth the only one who wants to base so ya that leaves no roster flex or we cut people which i dont want to do??? Would you want to be axed right now so ur team could have extra basing roster flex?

why r you and olde so obsessed about us having warbirds when they would have just been in a wb only squad on Lion just Myth wouldnt be able to play base. This league format is shit obviously trying to fit a roster for 5 5 and 8 into 13 people doesnt work unless ur multishippin.

Last edited by MousE; 03-01-2021, 11:35 AM.

Comment

There should under no circumstances be an increase to roster limits. You have 13 spots. If you can't win all 3 leagues with those 13 spots, too bad. Adding roster spots MIDSEASON will only further stratify the skill gap. The players who got cut from their rosters and may join a lower-tier/different squad no longer have to and the only outcome of this will be further stacking.

I get it. You guys want to be 3-league contenders. But adding roster spots after the season has started is an asinine idea that only benefits the top tier teams.

Edit: I fully read your post about only allowing players who haven't been on a TWL squad and I think that's just a cop out. If you're hurting for a certain ship that badly, then maybe you need to adjust the balance of duelers to basers on your roster. The 13 cap isn't new, just because you couldn't put together a lineup doesn't mean it's the rules fault.

Run 13 this season, if there are a lot of forfeits then revisit. But adding roster spots mid season is a terrible idea.
                          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                          Message has been sent to online moderators
                          2:BLeeN> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>no
                          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                          2:BLeeN> ok then no
                          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                            There should under no circumstances be an increase to roster limits. You have 13 spots. If you can't win all 3 leagues with those 13 spots, too bad. Adding roster spots MIDSEASON will only further stratify the skill gap. The players who got cut from their rosters and may join a lower-tier/different squad no longer have to and the only outcome of this will be further stacking.

I get it. You guys want to be 3-league contenders. But adding roster spots after the season has started is an asinine idea that only benefits the top tier teams.

Edit: I fully read your post about only allowing players who haven't been on a TWL squad and I think that's just a cop out. If you're hurting for a certain ship that badly, then maybe you need to adjust the balance of duelers to basers on your roster. The 13 cap isn't new, just because you couldn't put together a lineup doesn't mean it's the rules fault.

Run 13 this season, if there are a lot of forfeits then revisit. But adding roster spots mid season is a terrible idea.
                            You would rather show up on Sunday to win a game by forfeit and leave? Pathetic nub... its not like we have a ton of players to choose from in this zone so u act like its our fault its difficult to find players...

man you people are rly pathetic... if u wanna win that bad I wont play.

you can show up sundays claim ur victory over noone and go jerk off in ur parents basement.

Comment

Originally posted by MousE View Post
                              I am very confused beam i didnt make this post i am explaining our difficulty as well to make a roster with for multiple leagues. Not sure what 8 elite wbs u are talking about i think u need to do some math... ur response is to ax warbirds so we can have subs for base? we have 5 wb plus myth from lion... thats who are wb for us. If they didnt come we wouldnt even be taking wb seriously prolly not even playing it. see 6 wb + 7 basers = 13. myth the only one who wants to base so ya that leaves no roster flex or we cut people which i dont want to do??? Would you want to be axed right now so ur team could have extra basing roster flex?

why r you and olde so obsessed about us having warbirds when they would have just been in a wb only squad on Lion just Myth wouldnt be able to play base. This league format is shit obviously trying to fit a roster for 5 5 and 8 into 13 people doesnt work unless ur multishippin.
                              I’m not trying to be a dick by pointing this out but your wb depth is more significant than you realize (although a few likely don’t want to wb). You have 8 people that have started in ld finals with only Peru not winning:

mythril
                              skepsis
                              lasenza
                              geio
                              peru
                              ogron
                              spezza
                              cape
                              In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                              twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                              twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Originally posted by afghan View Post

I’m not trying to be a dick by pointing this out but your wb depth is more significant than you realize (although a few likely don’t want to wb). You have 8 people that have started in ld finals with only Peru not winning:

mythril
                                skepsis
                                lasenza
                                geio
                                peru
                                ogron
                                spezza
                                cape
                                you forgot best so it's actually 9 and yeah their roster problems could easily be fixed by axing 1-2 of these guys who are currently benching
                                Jessup> saiyan and i had steamy cyber sex once

Streak Breaker Grizzly Beam

Don't Poke the Bear.

Comment

Working...
                                X