Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ppl saying no to this and looking it from a selfish point of view such as rigerituil are impicils. i dun undirstind y u wudnt want this rigerituil, u cud add 2 ppl who hafint been on twl rostirs yet, such as 2 wirbirts, and mayb haf a chince to not lose 50-20 efery mitch.

the point of this is to allow teams a littil more room for error for the long 6+ week seasin instead of havink a set 13 pirsin ristir for 3 leaguirs and 7 ppl for 1 league scrubmin.

This weekend in ld, rocket vs ripitish, cloth had 2 fingir his gf, sum1 else was absint, and exalt ligged out for 5+ minites of the game and they had no sib so i izily sh1tpound them 5v4. Wut happens if during the hard lock 1 of their 7 playirs leaves the squid or sum1 cant play nemore. Its redicilis to have such small rosters w/ 0 moofmint to add/remoof ppl for 6+ weeks.

THE SPOTS BEING ADDED ARE FOR NON TWL PLAYIRS SO U DUN HAF 2 WRY ABOUT NE SQUIDHIPPINK I DUN C THE ISSUE

Comment

RIGHT NOW SINCE ITS ONLY SUM SOFT LOCK U CAN ASK YOUR PLAYIRS IF THEY R PRISINT ON SUNDAY AND IF NOT U CUD ADD SUM1 ELSE IF NEETID, AFTIR THE HARD LOCK THIS IS NOT PISSIBIL WHICH IS WHY 1-5 SPOTS NEED 2 B ADDID

Comment

Originally posted by Efhat View Post
        Imagine having Mythril, Skepsis, Best, Peru, Lasenza, Death Row, and Geio and complaining about wanting more slots for basing when you could’ve easily grew some balls and made the proper arrangements to have a three league squad. Now here we are a week into TWL and you’re crying. What else is new.
        You’ve always been an incompetent player and captain.

You should’ve thought about that before you decided to kill Lion and take all of their players you cry baby bitch.

Shark hellkite and spider Cape.

Would you like me to teach you how to open a crayon box too?

A fucking hamster can make that decision for you.

Fucking idiot clown.

Or since you’ve been sharing lately you can shark so Hellkite can spider. If we didn’t find a shark for TWL I was gonna be the one sharking and I had no issues with it because I was going to do whatever it took to help my squad compete. Why don’t you be a real captain and make that sacrifice too instead of being a 90 pound 5 inch bicep baby back bitch and crying on here. Man up and start practicing shark.

you have 6 spiders in sarger, spezza, skatarius, banks, hellkite and cape

At least you didn’t have TWO of your squad captains abandon you two weeks prior to TWL and taking multiple players and causing others to leave and having to completely rebuild. Do you think anyone in this zone fucking helped us or gave a shit? People wanted us to dissolve.

you lose one player and you’re out here crying.

shut up you whiney ugly dwarf.

And yes, I do put my SS titles on my IRL resume.
        man i didnt realize you had a reading comprehension disorder like the rest of ur squad. Banks isnt on roster and neither is death row for one. We dun have room... Man i know u guys are scared to give me that extra slot for it but didnt reqlize u would try so hard to fuck ur competition.

2) I am asking for more baser room so our players dont feel forced to commit to showing up every Sunday or we forfeit or play a line that isnt twl worthy. TWL worthy to me is having a line of pure basers. You guys wanting me to add warbirds sounds like DTB.

3) so ur solution to fix ur roster was to go snake other peoples players knowing how hard it is to find people late. yep you are a peice of of shit and know damn well if we didnt merge with lion we would have had no sharks for twl. Why should i have to ax warbirds to give me a bench spot for base? Get fukt im not axing my friends cuz of ur arbitrary rules that work for league ops so they r cool.

4) We are asking to take players not currently rostered for a couple bench spots over a long season. I am aware our top line is strong, but if one person doesnt show I have to beg a DDer to play.

5) its funny u talk about what i look like irl when so many people in SS know what i look like. My wife is hot too sorry man you cant offend me with ur grade 11 insults.

Not once did i complain about our current roster i want some breathing room for no shows and lagouts. Clearly 13 spots for 3 leagues doesnt work unless you have multishippers. plz read what I write and try to comprehend before responding so you dont look stupid next time.

Also clearly the 13 roster limit did not help get us any extra competitive teams btw. That was supposed to be the point of it. As ur player commo pointed out there are 4 of his tier 1 squads this year when last year we had 5 teams with a shot at winning. Spas plade fire pando and gun all had what commo would call tier 1 rosters. This limit just furthered the stacking gap and made some vets quit rather then be a burden on a tight roster cap. I know you're a narcissistic shitbag, but try to show some empathy.

P.S Rage arnt you proving the point as to why roster limits should be increased? You could recruit those warbirds and have a competitive team instead of just taking it up the ass every Sunday... currently going out to lose doesnt seem very good or competitive IMO....That is a league issue and should be addressed, but the clowns running this league do nothing cuz they are on the blessed squads.

Comment

Originally posted by RageRitual View Post
          As a member of Accuracy I have to say I am against this. We would have had a proper Warbird line if we had 2 extra slots, so changing the roster cap now would be unfair. Since we did not have 2 extra slots several Warbirds we were going to get went elsewhere. Some good points are made in this thread but changing after the season has begun is too late. We should have separated basing from dueling leagues and I have no idea why we didn't.

We have the roster cap because so many players would rather bench for good teams then play on others, causing a shortage of talent for squads. I can't speak for dueling leagues but for basing I see 4 really strong teams that can compete for the title and maybe 1-2 underdogs. With a less strict cap, this would probably have fallen to only 2-3 teams and at that point you can just skip all of TWL and have a 1 sunday all-star game.
          Ya so what ur saying is u joined warbirds in order to increase ur roster cap for base? So your abusing the rules to have a higher roster cap then u should for the 10 persons in base? Or did you have to have more basers for subs/shit or friends you wanted to play with so u sacrificed ur wb line for more people in base. This doesn't sound like the way to make healthy teams or have a balanced league. This rule is dumb and we didn't gain any squads by making the roster cap so strict it was a bad idea and now some people are clenching to the bad idea for w/e selfish reason or ego.

Comment

Do whatever you want next season. Changing the rules now because poor Pandora can prioritize their roster is absurd.

The 13-man cap was known from the jump. Does that mean that you may have to weaken your warbird lineup to make room for a top-tier shark? Perhaps. But so does every other squad that's trying to compete in all 3 leagues. This isn't an issue specific to Pandora. It's the rules that everyone is following.

How is increasing roster limits going to do anything other than increase the amount of stacking? It won't, it will just give the three top-tier squads the opportunity to poach players from lower-tier squads.

Do you want a player who isn't already on a TWL team? Recruit them and adjust your roster. You have three weeks of regular season to put it together.

To your point viop11 regarding roster locks: There has always been a roster lock leaving you with the same players for the remainder of the season. Talk to your players, is there a chance one of them can't show for 3 weeks after week 3? Remove them from the roster for someone who can.

This thread is just a clusterfuck of entitlement. You're not special. Work within the rules that were established and agreed to months ago, and shut the fuck up already.
            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
            Message has been sent to online moderators
            2:BLeeN> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>no
            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
            2:BLeeN> ok then no
            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Here's an issue nobody seems to have recognized or gave a shit about:

1. Spastic isn't playing TWL at all, likely because it didn't want to be forced to play 3 leagues and/or cut it's playerbase down to 13 people. That's an entire squad of competitive basers who are not in the league due to these roster limits being tied to 3-league squads.

2. There are a ton of players on rosters like Rapid or even Pandora that are simply not playing in TWL at all, because they either didn't make the cut over someone else or they didn't have the time to play each and every Sunday for 2+ months and so couldn't find a team that had the space to give them any leeway to not show up.

3. Every league right now is watered down because of this 13 player rule being tied to forcing each squad and their chosen few players to play all 3 leagues, rather than having separated each league with their own roster limits. There was 0 legitimate reason to force this 3 league nonsense. You could have had roster limits based solely on the league itself, separate from the others.

4. Where was the vote for this? When was it discussed? Was that discussion listened to at all, or did egos get in the way like always that forced morons to insult each other rather than to actually try to improve things in a more positive way?

I commend the idea to restrict rosters and force stacking players to expand their horizons a bit (even though it clearly didn't work), but forcing it using all 3 leagues was not the way. There's no legitimate argument that I can think of for why each league didn't have it's own roster limits and just leave it at that, rather than arbitrarily tie them to playing 3 leagues with the same people. There just are not enough 3-league players in this game for that to even be a viable solution, very few people have the time or willingness to spend 3+ hours every Sunday on this game to be given a roster spot as it is, and more active players than I can remember in a very long time are currently sitting out of TWL entirely due to these restrictions. You managed to dissuade half the remaining playerbase from even attempting to participate using these rules, when you could have had a roster cap while tying them only to each individual league instead. Possibly, more teams would have been created if you would have allowed multi-squadding as long as those players didn't muti in the same league, but apparently we have to pretend we still have the 2005 playerbase instead of 2021.
              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

yis it seems icciricy only vsd wb/jif so they cud haf a 13 man bisink rostir which is gr8 stritigy 4 them i dun c y they r cryink

"To your point viop11 regarding roster locks: There has always been a roster lock leaving you with the same players for the remainder of the season. Talk to your players, is there a chance one of them can't show for 3 weeks after week 3? Remove them from the roster for someone who can."

the argument of "things have always been this way so they should stay this way forever" is an unacceptibil way 2 live ur life. any gud commisionir/coordinatir of a league allows for flexibility/common sense. Zidin was goink to add rostir spots for hard lock last seasin, took it to a ciptins vote, all ciptins votid in favor of it, then she went bik on her wird last second. Also i cud b wrong, but am 100% sure i am right, this seasin is longer than last season, so 13 person set roster for 3 leaguirs and 7 persin set rostir for girpige 1 leaguirs for 6+ weeks is unreasonibil.

the exampil u gave of sum1 not beink able to show for 3 weeks and remoofink them for sum1 who could isn't the only thing that comes into play. Last season ripitish had 2 p1ssyboys leaf aftir the hard lock cuz rivirside riquistid they shoot a shark. then a person who i added before the hard lock that said they could show every game and not lig. ended up liggink and not being able to play. then we had a few no shows the last 2 weeks. as a resilt we had to vs bisink mitchis 7v8. I think the rostir limits were 14 or 15 last season for 3 league teams aswill, so imigine this happens to sum1 w/ only 13 spots and 0 rostir flexibility. This could happen to any team w/ such small rosters, and completely avoidibil by obeyink my ordir of adding 1-5 rostir spots for non twl playirs for the hard lock. rockit alrdy had to vs an ld mitch 4v5 cuz of 1 no show and 1 laggir. gif a gud argumint vihicil becuz @ this jinctire u r spewink girpige

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                  Work within the rules that were established and agreed to months ago, and shut the fuck up already.
                  Things may not change this season, but this is a learning lesson to be discussed and changed for the future. That's why discussion is important. I also don't know who agreed upon it months ago, but I wasn't here until the end of December. If these rules had a legitimate discussion prior to that, and everyone's POV was listened to (yeah right), then it seems most of those people now have different opinions now that they understand the ramifications of what they agreed to. It's almost as if they learned from the experience.

I personally don't care if anything is really changed this season, since Rocket doesn't have a stake in this 3-league nonsense, and everyone here is discussing talking about adding slots to the 3-league teams rather than giving a fuck about the 3 WB-only teams who make up ~30% of the entire league. Those 3 WB-only teams have far stricter roster limits and are not the ones complaining. Notice the trend? One group of people seem to know who they are and run with it, while the other teams seem to be the types that lie on their resumes and pretend they're qualified for things they are not.

Three 1-league WB teams who didn't waste their time pretending they care about others leagues only to add roster slots (Accuracy for instance) are punished the most for not trying to fool everyone with some nudge, nudge, wink, wink bullshit. Nobody is fooling anyone. Pandora is a 3-league team only in the fact that it wanted Mythril on it's roster to shark, and the WBs from Lion were a package deal. Lion essentially had to dissolve because of this retarded 3-league roster nonsense, when what should have happened was players could have been allowed to multi-squad for each league. Mythril could have sharked for Pandora and played WB for Lion in TWL if you guys didn't have to force this 3-league nonsense that only maybe 10 players in the entire game are legitimately good at to begin with. Wake the fuck up and realize it's 2021, not 2001. Time to change your mindsets.

Truth be told, this entire thing is some low-IQ middle manager lean sigma six bullshit. Use some damn common sense next time you guys run a league. Stop forcing things on such a tiny playerbase that only a couple of players in this game even give a shit about. Ease already is a HoFer. Leave it at that and let him play his 3 leagues on 1 squad. If other players want to play other leagues they're clearly not as good at as their main ship, then they should be able to do so with a roster that befits their talent level for that league, allowing them to practice with similar-skilled players rather than being forced to either sit out of that league entirely or to pretend they're good at ships they are not. Again, nobody is fooled, and all the current ruleset does is water everything down.
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

viop11 what i said was the 1st thing needed for me to consider it was all caps agreeing, then id "probably" do it. decided not to because i didnt want to be the 1st one to change limits halfway through season. you were the only cap really pushing for it, so your feelings on it didn't really outweigh me wanting to set that precedent.

Comment

If we can increase the rosters for small squads like mine, I'd push for this increase. I just don't really think top tier squads need any more players. It's the shitty squads, the small squads and the shitty small squads (like mine) that are getting hosed and hung out to dry.

Either way, we need someone, Dwopple or other league operator to put a ruling on this ASAP. It's screwing things up for everyone right now. For instance, I thought I might be able to recruit some people after Week1. Wrong. People who are on bigger squads that didn't make the TWL Roster aren't budging in hopes that these roster limits will be increased and that they will get played. That's why we haven't seen much movement. I expected people to be jumping on to squads where they can start but they'd rather hold out and try to play with friends-I get it and don't blame them.

A ruling must be made. Sooner the better.

As Captain of Wolf, I do feel 1 league squads like mine or squads like Vio's that aren't top tier could benefit from a small roster bump of 2-3 to PREVENT forfeits and hopefully, and I pray, gives the underdog squads a little boost in terms of competition (which we all want our mediocre/poor squads to be). If nothing else, we'll be able to sub our players that don't show or lagout. Elite players will 9 times out of 10 show on Sundays, every Sunday. It's the middle of the road players or the guys too busy to play much anymore that are troublesome and abundant in every team aside from the top 3-4 teams that worries me and others.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Things may not change this season....
                        That's what this whole thread is about. Adding roster spots after the season has already started.

If you want to boost roster limits next season, or allow double squading, or whatever, by all means.

But to get to Week 1 of the regular season and to be like "wah wah my players got poached and now I have to chose between a top-tier warbird or a top-tier shark," is pretty lame. I'm pretty sure that was the purpose of the limit in the first place.

I've still yet to see an argument for how increasing the roster limit would benefit anyone other than the top-tier teams?

Everyone knew the rules going in. The amount of kids from single-child families in this thread is telling.
                        Last edited by Vehicle; 03-02-2021, 01:42 PM.
                        (Overstrand)>no

Comment

vihicil u r showink ursilf 2 b extremely stipid. read my pist. your argument of "cant change aftir seasin stirtid" isnt valid, and this has nothing 2 do with playirs gettink poached u dimb fk. i haf an excess of playirs i dun care about poachink. i care about not being stuck w/ same 13 playirs for 6+ weeks when no shows/lag outs/squad leafinks always occur and not every playir on our rostir wants to play all 3 leagues. SO U ALLOW EVERY TEAM 1-5 SPOTS FOR PPL WHO HAVINT BEEN ON A TWL RISTIR ALRDY.

WUTS THE PROBLIM?!?!?! ALL THIS DOES IS GIF BENEFITS LIKE PREVENTING FORFEITS/HANDICIP MITCHIS SUCH AS 5v4 DUELINK OR 8vs7 BISINK, GIFS MORE PPL A CHANCE TO PLAY TWL, AND MAYBE HELPS OUT SUM SCRUB TEAMS LIKE JUICE/ICCIRICY/RICKIT/WILF/OTHIR. THE TEAMS U THINK ARE STACKED WON'T BE ANY MORE STACKED EEFIN IF THEY RETRIEF A FEW MORE GUD PLAYIRS, THEY R ALRDY GUD. CHINCIS ARE THEY WONT EEFIN RETRIEF NE1 THAT WUD MAKE THEM ANY BETTIR

EITHIR WAY RIPITISH IS MOST POWIRFIL SQUIDRIN IN TWL DUN EFIR CALL US AFRIGE IXIDIR U P1SSF1CE

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                            vihicil u r showink ursilf 2 b extremely stipid. read my pist. your argument of "cant change aftir seasin stirtid" isnt valid, and this has nothing 2 do with playirs gettink poached u dimb fk. i haf an excess of playirs i dun care about poachink. i care about not being stuck w/ same 13 playirs for 6+ weeks when no shows/lag outs/squad leafinks always occur and not every playir on our rostir wants to play all 3 leagues. SO U ALLOW EVERY TEAM 1-5 SPOTS FOR PPL WHO HAVINT BEEN ON A TWL RISTIR ALRDY.

WUTS THE PROBLIM?!?!?! ALL THIS DOES IS GIF BENEFITS LIKE PREVENTING FORFEITS/HANDICIP MITCHIS SUCH AS 5v4 DUELINK OR 8vs7 BISINK, GIFS MORE PPL A CHANCE TO PLAY TWL, AND MAYBE HELPS OUT SUM SCRUB TEAMS LIKE JUICE/ICCIRICY/RICKIT/WILF/OTHIR. THE TEAMS U THINK ARE STACKED WON'T BE ANY MORE STACKED EEFIN IF THEY RETRIEF A FEW MORE GUD PLAYIRS, THEY R ALRDY GUD. CHINCIS ARE THEY WONT EEFIN RETRIEF NE1 THAT WUD MAKE THEM ANY BETTIR

EITHIR WAY RIPITISH IS MOST POWIRFIL SQUIDRIN IN TWL DUN EFIR CALL US AFRIGE IXIDIR U P1SSF1CE
                            Y u pritind ripidish is nit sum scrub team? Lik I sid in list pist, no1 is fuld.
                            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

wonder how many players want to play twl but cant because ALL ROSTERS ARE FULL AND TEAMS CAN NOT BE ADDED ANYMORE.
                              rofl.
                              wonder how many of those ppl will want to just be spectators through this long season.
                              heads up, ppl are getting vaccinated. this shit wont stay as active if we do stuff like this. : )

Comment

viop11 We can disagree and still respect each other. I've told you dozens of times that I think you are a great squad captain (even with the bad blood between us) and that I was super happy you won in DT.

The difference in opinion here, is that I don't look at it as being "stuck" with my teammates.

I understand [insert name here] can only play for the first 8 weeks and you really want to be able to swap them out, or whatever, but that situation could easily be taken advantage of. It's not that I have a problem with changes certain rules after the league has started, I have a problem changing this rule.

Other captions made their rosters fully aware of the constraints of the roster cap. By throwing that out that window you're basically handicapping the people who thought ahead.

I'm not a cap, I'm on Juice and we're only going to win LB so my opinion doesn't really matter, but I think it would be wrong to increase the cap or to do away with the hard lock.

I haven't seen the idea raised, and this could easily be exploited too, but I may be able to be convinced that each captain is allowed to swap 3 players from their TWD roster to their TWL roster over the course of the season. And the player on TWD would have to have been on the squad since at least before TWL began.
                                (Overstrand)>no

Comment

Working...
                                X