This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mean gene View Post
    wonder how many players want to play twl but cant because ALL ROSTERS ARE FULL AND TEAMS CAN NOT BE ADDED ANYMORE.
    rofl.
    wonder how many of those ppl will want to just be spectators through this long season.
    heads up, ppl are getting vaccinated. this shit wont stay as active if we do stuff like this. : )
    Gene, I'll excuse this daft post because you're inactive. There are tons of players who want to play TWL but can't. The reason is no one will take them and no newb has started a squad. The roster cap isn't keeping players off of squads, elitism is.

Edit: There are like 4 posts in this forum begging players to join.
    Last edited by Vehicle; 03-02-2021, 02:07 PM.
    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
    Message has been sent to online moderators
    2:BLeeN> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>no
    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
    2:BLeeN> ok then no
    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by mean gene View Post
      wonder how many players want to play twl but cant because ALL ROSTERS ARE FULL AND TEAMS CAN NOT BE ADDED ANYMORE.
      rofl.
      wonder how many of those ppl will want to just be spectators through this long season.
      heads up, ppl are getting vaccinated. this shit wont stay as active if we do stuff like this. : )
      100% agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

Gene, I'll excuse this daft post because you're inactive. There are tons of players who want to play TWL but can't. The reason is no one will take them and no newb has started a squad. The roster cap isn't keeping players off of squads, elitism is.

im inactive? weird.. i played 4 games on sunday.

Comment

Easy fix: just forfeit every match in protest of roster limits, let the league be the joke that it is, let the nerds who care too much get their free win and enjoy your weekend time away from TW

Comment

vihicil, i haf 0 bad blood vs u, your posts/argumints/reasonink in this thread is g1d awfil and unacciptibil is my only issue w/ u. u still hafint given nething valid. what the fuk, this has nothing 2 do with plannink ahead u impicil. if anything this rule is to prevent forfeits and 8v7 or 5v4 mitchis incase sum1 leafs, ligs, or no shows unexpectedly. i dont eefin think u buy into wut u r sayink and r jus disagreeink 4 the sake of it

u even go as far to say that u wud allow ppl 2 join from twd ristirs. this dimbiss rule u jus invented supports wut i am looking for. this is wut ripitish would do anyway. we would add ppl who haf been on twd rostir since b4 twl stirtid. am not tryink 2 retrief outsidirs

just say u were wrong w/ everything u said and dun pist in my thrid nemore unless u r goink 2 vs sum actual gud points against wut i haf proposed.

Comment

Holy shit I can’t believe how much non-constructive complaining there is in this thread. You would think this issue would’ve been talked about more prior to twl starting rather than waiting until now. Some people even complaining without presenting a solution as well which is just annoying. Don’t forgot this is a free game and run solely by volunteers. Be thankful we even have a league to play in this 20 year old spaceship game. I’ll take this as an opportunity to shout out the staff/ops for stepping up and making this happen bc I’m sure they catching a lot of bs right now. Nothing is perfect, just enjoy the game.
              In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
              twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
              twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Not naming names but....

Squad "A" has a surplus of league level duelers on their roster but needs another capable baser or 2
                Squad "B" has a surplus of league level basers but are not very competitive in dueling.

Aside from the very select few that can actually tolerate being on Squad "A" due to a couple of its members being toxic as fuck, I see no reason why something couldnt be worked out here.... Im kidding of course, I know exactly why surplus leaguers won't switch to Squad "B". Watching squad A win is more rewarding than playing for Squad B and potentially losing.

I should be for this increase as it would probably provide me a slot (For the 1 week I can actually show on a Sunday) but I'd definitely advise against it. The loudest squads in this thread have plenty of options available to them to handle this "crisis" and refuse to do so. That's on them, not the league Ops.
                1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
                Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

r u sum dimbiss? there is no crisis 4 ripitish, AM THE ONE WHO MADE THE THREAD NOT PINDIRI OR OTHIR P1SSB01S. I AM JUS DEMANDING THE ABILITY TO ADD 1-5 NON TWLIRS TO OUR ROSTIR FOR THE HARD LOCK SO WE DONT HAF SET IN STONE 13 PPL FOR ALL 3 LEAGUES FOR 6+ WEEKS INCASE PPL QUIT/CANT SHOW/LIG. AND NOT 1 PIRSIN HAS GIVIN NE SORT OF VILID REASONINK AS TO WHY THIS SHOULDNT HAPPIN

Comment

That's what this whole thread is about. Adding roster spots after the season has already started.

If you want to boost roster limits next season, or allow double squading, or whatever, by all means.

But to get to Week 1 of the regular season and to be like "wah wah my players got poached and now I have to chose between a top-tier warbird or a top-tier shark," is pretty lame. I'm pretty sure that was the purpose of the limit in the first place.

I've still yet to see an argument for how increasing the roster limit would benefit anyone other than the top-tier teams?

Everyone knew the rules going in. The amount of kids from single-child families in this thread is telling.
                    Veh you are totally missing the point I am trying to make. Pandora has a very strong 8 person team of me/og/hellkite/cape/sarger/absurd/skat/myth. Due to roster constraints I am no longer able to have a single bench baser unless I cut someone from the warbird team. Even if I cut 1 player that allows for only 1 bench player for base... Over a season that's gonna last a few months if someone gets sick/lags/quits you are pretty much sunk with that small of a roster. It is not healthy for the league in general when teams to struggle to field a lineup. I am trying to express my frustrations on the difficulty of being a cap when you have such little flexibility in who you can recruit. Why does our warbird roster even effect our base roster? Please explain that one. We can't have good basers because we have good duelers? This doesn't make any sense.

While your at it please explain what the purpose of the roster limit is? Can you please explain it to me and then give me an example as to how well it has worked out so far in TWL? These rules only work for a select group of people in this zone this is so fucking obvious. How can 5 + 5 + 8 work in a 13 person roster limit unless you have multi shippers? This makes creating a squad alone a massive challenge and makes people choose to play with other multi-shippers or get fucked hard on a team that's not made for that league. I made a post about this a month ago, and it is not just Pandora having issues with this. I have talked to other caps who have said if 1-2 players don't show they have no subs. I am not asking for a fucking unfair advantage or anything. I am not asking to poach people off current rosters. How is me wanting to have subs so 8 people don't have to show every single week crying?? There are players still squadless for TWL and you don't want them to be recruited?

I can't believe how cold hearted this community is when the solution I am told is to cut someone from a group of people they like to play together in DD in order to have one bench spot. I'm a shitty cap cuz I don't want to cut a warbird and then recruit someone to bench if we get a full team.

Seriously I'm toxic and I know it, but you people are fucked in the head by wanting people to ax members for roster management. Where would these players even go? I would be kicking them out of TWL and I am an idiot / shit cap for not doing that. Last I checked rosters were full so if they joined another squad some1 else just gets the boot.
                    Last edited by MousE; 03-02-2021, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                      r u sum dimbiss? there is no crisis 4 ripitish, AM THE ONE WHO MADE THE THREAD NOT PINDIRI OR OTHIR P1SSB01S. I AM JUS DEMANDING THE ABILITY TO ADD 1-5 NON TWLIRS TO OUR ROSTIR FOR THE HARD LOCK SO WE DONT HAF SET IN STONE 13 PPL FOR ALL 3 LEAGUES FOR 6+ WEEKS INCASE PPL QUIT/CANT SHOW/LIG. AND NOT 1 PIRSIN HAS GIVIN NE SORT OF VILID REASONINK AS TO WHY THIS SHOULDNT HAPPIN
                      Fucking exactly this! I was literally just trying to express it is not Rapid alone having struggles and derailed it into every vs Pandora... sorry Vio

Comment

You forget that not everyone is capable to run a new squad, let alone wants to. Do you want to join a squad run by Pawner and J-B-Inc? Nobody else does either, which is why Wolf can't find anyone to play with them, as an example, and they fit the bill of the 'newb' squad that will take literally anyone.
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                          this dimbiss rule u jus invented supports wut i am looking for. this is wut ripitish would do anyway. we would add ppl who haf been on twd rostir since b4 twl stirtid. am not tryink 2 retrief outsidirs
                          Rapid should not have 30+ people on it's roster to begin with. If those people wanted to play TWL, they could have created Rapid 2.0 and competed, but they chose not to. Frankly, I feel no sympathy for those specific people. They're not playing TWL on their own free will.

That all said, a roster limit tied to all 3 leagues that doesn't = 5+5+8 is retarded regardless of who benefits or hurts from it. There simply are not enough good 3 league players in this game, and there has never been enough 3 leaguers in the entire history of the playerbase combined to put together a great TWL full of them, let alone in 2021 with 120 active members total. You guys are retarded for agreeing with it to begin with. If I was here whenever this was agreed upon, I'd have at least mentioned how stupid it was, even as none of this directly benefits me or my squad as it does literally all the rest of you.
                          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Hi Friends :-)

Speaking on behalf of 1 of the only 2 one-league squads (from what i can see),
                            i agree that 8 players sounds more reasonable.
                            Legit resorted to texting one of our player at 3:55pm on Sunday to get our 5th online for the match.
                            First time i ever texted him...hopefully it is the last...not because i don't love 'em but because i'd rather not have to disturb people's real life over spaceship matters.
                            Having at least 1 extra player if not 2 on roster would be a great bOON.

Love,

bike

Comment

we considered making a 2nd ripitish team for twl but didnt haf enuf actif playirs remainink that would be willing by the time twl was stirtink. many of our playirs did leaf 2 vs twl somewhere else. size of ripitish twd ristir is irrelevant 2 this thread. we haf been alive for ofir a year and ofir time retriefed more playirs. many are inactif, many are friends from othir zines, we haf a mix of like 18-20 actif ripitish at this jinctire

again, this is irrelevint 2 the point of the this order i haf made. and still not 1 pirsin has given a valid argument against wut i am demanding

while i belieft the 13 pirsin rostir limit was 2 small and i expressed this 2 dwopple, i only thought it was 2 small for selfish reasins in that i had 2 cut ppl i didnt want to. if your playirs haf .01 tilint they should b able to vs more than 1 league at an acciptibil levil, if not y r u tryink 2 vs 3 leagues anyways?

i agree w/ wut u r sayink mouse, but also u cud jus ixe lisinzi or skepsis and allow ikrin/spizzi 2 vs wirbirt. should u haf 2 do this? pribibly not gud 4 the zone or right, but u r vsink in same situation as efery1 else. u dont haf to 3 league, and u cud haf 2 assembil ur rostir accordingly to vs all 3 leagues if u wish to. i had 2 leaf many ppl off ripitish i wantid 2 include that are good enough and deserf 2 b on the rostir. it suks and i dun disagree w/ wut u say but u rnt in unique situation 2 ne1 else

just allow us the extra 1-5 rostir spots 4 the hard lock like ne persin w/ .000000001 brain would do FOR NON TWL PLAYIRS ONLY. U GET MORE PPL APIL 2 VS TWL AND LOWER THE CHANCE OF FORFEITID OR OUTNUMBIRED GAMES. SUCH BAD OUTCIMES

Comment

Doesn’t seem right changing the rules with the season already started. All squads were operating under the same information and now because its disadvantageous to a couple of squads week 1, the change is proposed.

The same issues that caused Pandora or Rapid to play with a suboptimal lineup could happen to any squad. Changing this rule now will probably not change anything for Juice but it will change things for squads like Accuracy or others who decided to specialize in one league. You’ll be eliminating any competitive edge they had since they decided to use their roster slots for quality reserves in 1 league and could realistically pull off upsets due to their opponents not fielding their optimal lines.

The roster restrictions seem like a failure and have not spurred the creation of new squads like expected since players would rather not participate than join a subpar team. That being said, changing the rules at this point in the season seems wrong to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X