Ideas for next TWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ideas for next TWL

In the last post MVP said lots of complaining and no actual ideas so lets do it!!! Here are mine

1) Most importantly going forward we start at what I think is a must: separating leagues so there isn't any cross league BS watering down the skill of teams in every format. At least roster caps need to be separated if people are really hung up on staying in the original TWL format. I personally do not like this format because it turns TW into an arms race due to the limited playerbase leading to a lot of toxicity in order to have as many good players as possible to win. Blah blah squad skill gaps shitty games etc

2) A format change: clearly every TWL the best players all group with each other making good squads and squads that get dumped on. A fix for this would have TWL be in a no * cap fantasy draft format. This would hopefully allow every team a chance to be competitive and teams don't win by stacking and allows for fun things like trades etc through the season. Roster restrictions are no longer needed because # of teams can be determined by signups slash making sure the talent pool isn't too diluted. If you wanna start on one of these teams you would have to earn it. DT is where we allow low * people to play and TWL should be the best v the best in a fair fight. This also means noobs can still be on a TWL squad and if they improve enough could earn a starting job. This doesn't allow you to pick ur own stacked team, but personally I would rather vs good games every week. We can all still stay on the same TWD squads to play with our friends on the regular just this would be a best of the best tournament. Would prolly require a * restriction on caps so low * players can't just cap to get playing time.

3) An idea also for this type of format if people really want some choice in the matter (for basing at least) we could have a buddy system where you draft a pair of players. You sign up with a buddy for TWL and caps are a 2 person buddy system also so no one has to cap solo. Could make it interesting anyway haha just an idea

4) Maybe instead of mercenary squads we could use the squad names of all the most legendary TW squads since zone has a lot of history?

I would like TWL to be a highly competitive format to be close to the best vs the best as possible.

I only rly speak for basing cuz i dun vs the javs/wb... anyone else got any ideas?

Maybe just do a season of TWDT without a star cap? For example after TWL we could do a normal TWDT then chained to a TWDT without star cap? I would also like to see a TWDT with notes for each base ship.

Comment

Will share an idea that I had while hosting EG leagues back in the day, but I do not recall we ever tried it. As it seems, biggest issue at the moment with TWL is the roster limit. How about you divide roster slots into 2 parts - main roster and sub or B team roster.
      Main roster is strict and can be at the level it is now, but B team roster is more free and less stricted. So for example Rapid, with lots of members, chooses the elite 13 and then places rest of the squad into B roster.
      In each game, team is allowed to use one B team player in game (can argue maybe 2 for base?).
      Maybe also have less restrictions on moving players between the rosters compared to recruiting totally new players or snapping up from other squads during league.
      So more inactive players (who dont make A team cut) still could get a chance to play if they show on Sundays, reduces the risk of no-shows, reduces the risk of ruining some squads and player relationships if they are cut etc. Should also increase competitiveness, as some top players who do not bother showing up every weekend can still be considerable upgrades if they do show every now and then.

Second idea which we actually tested is not that much about TWL, but more about draft league, but as we are sharing already. Idea here was to encourage more players being used during games, as there were lots of complains of people showing up on Sunday, but never getting gametime (it was a baseduel league). We hosted 1 draft league that forced team to use a number of subs in series of games. So in best of 3 scenario, team had to sub between each round, so in 5v5 matchup, if it went to 3 games, at least 7 players from both squads had to play. This probably will not work in league with ratings, but could in one without them.

Comment

I got a really really really good one.

how about not changing TWL rules mid season without asking the opinion or vote of any TWL captain because one whiney incompetent idiot couldn’t properly fill a roster so he created a 5 page thread belittling people and whining about his incompetency as a captain.
        FIRST BASER TO MVP BACK TO BACK ROUNDS AND WIN IN TWDT-D FINALS - SEASON 24 2021
        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2022
        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2021
        SPIDER KILL RACE WINNER 2020

TWLB CHAMP x4 dicE
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 10
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 11
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 15
        TWLB FINALS MVP SEASON 16 /2017 TWDT SPIDER CHAMPION / MVP (MOST KILLS)
        #1 RANKED TWL SPIDER FORBES MAGAZINE, OVER 40K KILLS IN TWLB (MOST IN TW HISTORY)

Comment

rly like leerimini's idea of havink a small b ristir of maybe like 5 ppl and u could call 1-2 up per game if wantid. incridibil idea 4 squidrins like ripitish! othir idea for drift league about havink 2 sib in between rnds is gud aswill, but cud b a bit girpige if 1 team only shows their stirtirs and othir team shows 10 ppl

Comment

Originally posted by Efhat View Post
            I got a really really really good one.

how about not changing TWL rules mid season without asking the opinion or vote of any TWL captain because one whiney incompetent idiot couldn’t properly fill a roster so he created a 5 page thread belittling people and whining about his incompetency as a captain.
            Do you not see the irony then of you coming on here whining about rules and belittling Panda caps? Why are you so scared of an extra 2 roster spots? You are full of lies dude I didn't make that thread. Now stop derailing this one.

Lee that is an interesting idea for a league because ur right it does suck logging if you arnt gonna play, but vio brings up a good point.

As per your roster ideas that feels more like a proffesional sports team! I wonder if we combined ur ideas for each team having an A and B squad and B squads could vs other B squads like a minor league. Might not have a big enough playerbase for this tho.

Comment

Oh 1 more idea, not really TWL related, but something I wanted to host in EG, but it sort of died out before.
              Idea is very simple and could be fun for some off-season time like summer:
              Olympics tournament
              So squads are not compiled in traditional way, but according to player nationalities. So each country forms up a team and participates in as many competitions as possible. In EG we had loads of events that were very popular, so idea was to also have people taking part of those (like baserace, mass-elim, duel etc), but also the main things like basing and baseduel.
              I am not really aware of any popular events, but certainly various duels can work (can be also 5v5 or 1v1), where countries do their own tournaments to decide who takes part in individual competitions.
              In the end, country with most medals wins the Olympics. Large countries like US can perhaps also make several teams according to states, or west-coast, east-coast or whatever, not really sure how it goes and those who come from smaller countries like myself can combine under some joint rest team.
              Anyways just throwing on things that could be fun. Maybe it has been done here as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MousE View Post

Do you not see the irony then of you coming on here whining about rules and belittling Panda caps? Why are you so scared of an extra 2 roster spots? You are full of lies dude I didn't make that thread. Now stop derailing this one.

Lee that is an interesting idea for a league because ur right it does suck logging if you arnt gonna play, but vio brings up a good point.

As per your roster ideas that feels more like a proffesional sports team! I wonder if we combined ur ideas for each team having an A and B squad and B squads could vs other B squads like a minor league. Might not have a big enough playerbase for this tho.

Yes, well it was inspired by sports, for example in Champions league football, all teams have pretty strict rules, who get added to roster, but youth team and under 21 team players get sort of free access, so incase there is a need, they can be called up.

Comment

wuts ur clib lee

Comment

I'm all for trying new things, but don't call it TWL unless the standard TWL format is going to be used.

Comment

Originally posted by LeeRomeno View Post
                      As it seems, biggest issue at the moment with TWL is the roster limit. How about you divide roster slots into 2 parts - main roster and sub or B team roster.
                      Main roster is strict and can be at the level it is now, but B team roster is more free and less stricted. So for example Rapid, with lots of members, chooses the elite 13 and then places rest of the squad into B roster.
                      In each game, team is allowed to use one B team player in game (can argue maybe 2 for base?).
                      Maybe also have less restrictions on moving players between the rosters compared to recruiting totally new players or snapping up from other squads during league.
                      So more inactive players (who dont make A team cut) still could get a chance to play if they show on Sundays, reduces the risk of no-shows, reduces the risk of ruining some squads and player relationships if they are cut etc
                      How does this make any sense at all? If these people want to play TWL, they can join/create new squads. Rapid having 30+ people on it's roster is ridiculous in and of itself when there are only like 120 active players in this game to begin with. Trying to have multiple Rapid-type rosters in 2021 and essentially killing all competition by allowing every scrub in existence the ability to join a full roster and be a 'backup backup' is beyond ridiculous. It's pure fucking stupidity, and you should be ashamed of yourself for even bringing it up. All of those scrub backups could join Wolf right now and find a roster spot, so why aren't they doing that? If they want to play TWL, that's their avenue. Join a squad and actually help it, rather than benching with people better than yourself.
                      RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

-1 to change roster cap after season already started, this is almost always a really bad idea. Also while it might help Pandora it really shits on accuracy, if we knew we would have had more roster slots before twl started we wouldve had a proper wb line.

+1 for world cup idea, we had something like this back in the day I forget what it was called. We might only have 4 teams now though, Canada, USA, Europe, Rest.

+1 for a drafted DT with no star cap, this has been requested for awhile now. Also like the idea of having 2 captains per team picked pre-draft in some kind of DT, this would make it a lot easier for some newer people to cap.

-1 for using any form of draft in TWL, this is not what TWL is. This is a different event, keep them seperate.

On the whole idea of having some sort of B team, this could work in a way that maybe we could have a united "B" team roster that anyone can "borrow" from with some agreeable restrictions of course that make it fair.
                        rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                        rEnZi> its crazy
                        rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

how does it sh1t on icciricy? u haf the chince 2 retrief 2 wirbirts now if u want. u also had the chince to do this w/ a 13 persin ristir. nothink is privintink u from doink this. the rostir increase is only aftir the hard lock anyway. extreme ignirince. wuts privintink u from vsink a proper wb line is the wirbirts u do haf r playink like kwimi briwn, binifide scribs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufHvG-fJ6ao

Comment

Originally posted by Pressure View Post
                            I'm all for trying new things, but don't call it TWL unless the standard TWL format is going to be used.
                            Fair enough Pressure , I am just wondering then if there is anything that can be done so all the talent doesn't flock to a few stacks or is that what people like about TWL. Maybe something like only allowing a certain # of 10* per team? Or just a star cap in general obviously higher then DT.

Also would you be ok also with TWL having separate roster caps for all 3 leagues? For example you have an 8/8/11 roster for a 3 division squad - Ease is on your team and is playing all 3 leagues so he fills 1 WB / 1 Jav / 1 base slot.This prevents a 3 league player from being forced to find other 3 league players if that is ur jam. In a player like Mythril's case this year they could have just played on Lion for WB and Pandora for base instead of having to merge an entire squad for a single player. I think this would allow for better competition in all 3 leagues and prevent some squads from playing leagues they have no business in to gain extra roster slots.
                            Last edited by MousE; 03-04-2021, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

How does this make any sense at all? If these people want to play TWL, they can join/create new squads. Rapid having 30+ people on it's roster is ridiculous in and of itself when there are only like 120 active players in this game to begin with. Trying to have multiple Rapid-type rosters in 2021 and essentially killing all competition by allowing every scrub in existence the ability to join a full roster and be a 'backup backup' is beyond ridiculous. It's pure fucking stupidity, and you should be ashamed of yourself for even bringing it up. All of those scrub backups could join Wolf right now and find a roster spot, so why aren't they doing that? If they want to play TWL, that's their avenue. Join a squad and actually help it, rather than benching with people better than yourself.
                              Rofl, no I am not ashamed of bringing it up and it makes alot of sense. Why would anyone who wants to play multiple leagues join a squad that only plays one or worse, then plays in 3 formats, but is completely rubbish there.
                              Secondly, its 2021, I can guarantee that the average age of players is 10 years older than it was 10 years ago. You cannot simply think that everyone can guarantee their dedication to this league for 3 months without missing a weekend. There are for sure players, who can definitely show for half of games, but are not active enough to warrant a roster spot. For a game, which has been slowly dying, giving the players opportunity to play when they can, should be the logical strategy.
                              Nowhere have I said that B roster should be without limits.
                              I just do not see any cons in this, apart from maybe its difficult to program with bots? Not sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X