Ideas for next TWL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by olde View Post

What? The? Fuck? Are? You? Rambling on about, wolf is/was 5 crackheads who log on everyday for 10 years straight they just self implode every year....

Juice has a full roster with backups, we are not worried about twl forfeiting, and my post had nothing to do with that.... Half the players im talking about aren't on a twl roster. BUT next season maybe they would have been...

I'm pissed the community pushes out all the new players so the same 30 fgts can be borrowed over and over in twd and not allowing growth...

Old vets/new players like many others you don't see logging on anymore enjoyed the game, not the player base. Once they seen how toxic it was/is now they stopped logging on....

This is a small community player ran game, you can't act like a pile of shit and expect ppl to stay... Games are played for fun.

I've watched so many players who enjoyed the game, be ran off for no reason.... What you want them to do log on everyday to sit in spec? Guys won't even borrow them in Twd 90% of the time.....

My point is right when people start enjoying this game, they get ran off or realize how toxic tw really is. Then they find something better to with their free time, ultimately there is no growth, no emerging stars no more players capping squads....

Its like playing the NFL for 15 years and not drafting new players or coaches (captains). Just recycling the same players over and over again, intil there's noone left..

This is what is happening... So if you want more TWL and such id advise every squad start taking in players any chance they can get, help them improve and keep it fun... Let them twd. Let them fill like they are part of a team.... Allow growth

Look what APT did in the short time he has been back. If every squad did what he did this game would be twice as active and new stars rising....
    Today's rusty vet, or today's noobie. Could be next seasons Mvp.

My idea for TWL is to allow playerbase growth, from the help of all the squads and their captains.
    I mean, who exactly are you talking about here? Can you name anyone specific? If I use myself as an example, I quit for about 5 years straight (more like 10+ in reality) before recently coming back around Christmas time. It wasn't toxicity that stopped me from logging it previously. I just stopped giving a shit about the game and didn't have time for it regardless. Sometimes I redownload it and play for a while, other times I stop. I'm sure almost everyone is the same as me, minus the 10% of players who never quit over the past 20 or so years. Those people are mostly the only ones left though, and you can see who they are based on their 100 medals each on the TWD page. If they talk shit, either ignore them or talk shit back, because anyone that has such a large ego over this game is very fragile person to begin with, so they can't handle receiving what they dish out. Tell these vets who quit over 'toxicity' to stop being so thin-skinned about it and grow a pair.

While I agree with you about how these 'elite' 20-year players have an exclusive club of who they play with and allow into their squads, who cares? Did you care about winning TWL when you joined Juice? Obviously not, or you would have gone elsewhere. You did it to help out a squad that needed some players, because you're not the type who'd rather bench on a stacked squad than to join something else and provide competition instead. Take a long look at some squads on the TWD site though and tell me how many active players like you there are in this game. Notice that almost everyone that's never quit the game has multiple medals, and even some of the worst players around have at least one. Were ALL these guys starters for the squads they won medals for? It's statistically impossible, meaning many of them were benching rather than adding to competition by making new squads. That's why this game is the way it is. People have egos about benching over just being good at the game in their own rights.

As for Wolf, they may be 5 crackheads, but at least they tried to do something themselves, rather than being a non-factor on some other squad. I can name more than one player who is basically just a team mascot for some stacked TWL squad. Why do these people exist? Who logs in just so they don't ever play? Losers is the only type of people I can think of like that. I respect crackheads on Wolf more than those mascots on better squads. Maybe that's just me though. At least one group is attempting to improve in whatever way they think viable. That's better than resigning themselves to being team mascot for someone else.

As for next season, maybe there won't be one, maybe there will. I thought this game was dead 10 years ago, but it's still somehow still around. As for growth of players, there really are a few that have improved just from the small period of time I've been back. Maybe you just don't pay attention, but I have. Most people have egos too large to admit when others are better than they used to be, but that doesn't mean they're right to pretend otherwise.
    Last edited by Exalt; 03-05-2021, 06:09 PM.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by make tw great again View Post

1.) I think we are not on the same page here. I was referring to players being impacted inadvertently that are more casual and inactive. They now cannot play when they have some free time in any given week. Case in point with Clark Kentaro. Old vet, but isn't very active. Since he learned how few roster spots were available, he opted out all together and didn’t want to hurt his team. Even a few weeks of old players like him playing are better than none. I’m sure I am missing several more.

2.) Yeah — that is a bit harder to quantify. I am glad it isn’t stopping you or some others. But let's be clear, everyone have different issues in their life that sometimes prevent them more than it use to. I have more empathy for those people because it's just the truth.

The game dies because it’s very old and a lot of players have families now and careers, preventing them to play as much as it use to. I think you may want to consider that, too.
      1. Sure, maybe Kentaro could log in once every few months and somehow find playtime in TWL, although it's more likely that not a single one of the people who are extremely casual and never log in will find any playtime at all in TWL just by logging in on some random Sunday. They'd need to practice with their team and be active for at least a small portion of the time to unrust, and frankly, if they're not logging in except on random Sundays, they will never be unrusting.

2. I understand that. Everyone has things going on. Some people are active and can't play TWL simply because they work on Sundays. What about them? Those people have been getting screwed since TWL started, all because some random people from decades ago decided Sunday was the best time to play. No flexibility in time has really ever been considered since then. Maybe things like that could be changed before we scrap every other rule and declare that everyone who wants to log in once a year deserves TWL playtime.
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Grasps View Post

As if I don't have it bad enough, I have twerps like you kicking me while am down. What a big fucking man you are.

Fuck you Olde.

I'm not attacking you bud, your other 2 (recycled caps) were sketchy, just stating facts.. so take your feelings out of it. And look at it from other peoples standpoints. I know you ment well.

Good job you built your own wb line. To bad it self imploded one week in.
        Last edited by olde; 03-05-2021, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

1. Sure, maybe Kentaro could log in once every few months and somehow find playtime in TWL, although it's more likely that not a single one of the people who are extremely casual and never log in will find any playtime at all in TWL just by logging in on some random Sunday. They'd need to practice with their team and be active for at least a small portion of the time to unrust, and frankly, if they're not logging in except on random Sundays, they will never be unrusting.

2. I understand that. Everyone has things going on. Some people are active and can't play TWL simply because they work on Sundays. What about them? Those people have been getting screwed since TWL started, all because some random people from decades ago decided Sunday was the best time to play. No flexibility in time has really ever been considered since then. Maybe things like that could be changed before we scrap every other rule and declare that everyone who wants to log in once a year deserves TWL playtime.
          Yeah — I mean, that would be at the discretion of his captain if he didn’t play any dd during the week. Maybe a couple of dd’s before the match, but we are splitting hairs. In this current provision, he doesn't have that path.

The Sunday league has just always been a thing. I am not saying it doesn't affect people, but that has always been the designated day even before TWL. What has affected players is the unprecedented roster restrictions placed. That was uncharted territory but seems to have adjusted a little more now, which is good to see.

Comment

1) i am kinda like kentaro. I cant show any other day than the sunday because of stuff. Even the sunday isnt fully 100%. I get the chance to play with old buddies that i have been squading with the last 5-7 years. Kado is also on our roster who doesn't show all games. This means on lululemon you already got 2 people with not 100% showrate. In other words the other 11 ppl have to carry shit with showing. And it sure hits the quality of our games. If we arent on a roster, we most likely quit. I guess you gonna say "so what, you dont play often anyway". It just makes the game more and more for the dedicated people who do have enough free time for this game.
            I still enjoy playing with my buddies and i guess they do too. All i am saying is that giving people a chance to miss a game shouldnt hurt their squad so much, if not a forfeit. Little more roster space doesn't hurt so much... As long as people stop fully bench to victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Majorcrisis2 View Post

1) i am kinda like kentaro. I cant show any other day than the sunday because of stuff. Even the sunday isnt fully 100%. I get the chance to play with old buddies that i have been squading with the last 5-7 years. Kado is also on our roster who doesn't show all games. This means on lululemon you already got 2 people with not 100% showrate. In other words the other 11 ppl have to carry shit with showing. And it sure hits the quality of our games. If we arent on a roster, we most likely quit. I guess you gonna say "so what, you dont play often anyway". It just makes the game more and more for the dedicated people who do have enough free time for this game.
              I still enjoy playing with my buddies and i guess they do too. All i am saying is that giving people a chance to miss a game shouldnt hurt their squad so much, if not a forfeit. Little more roster space doesn't hurt so much... As long as people stop fully bench to victory.
              Would you really quit though? I can't even name the last TWL I played in before this one, because I always tend to quit before they come around, same with TWDT. That being said, over the past 10 or so years, I've probably quit and came back about 50 times, some for a month, some for longer. That's just how it is with some players. It would probably be that way with you as well, even if you didn't know it. I forgot about this game for four straight years before one day remembering it existed and deciding to see if it was still alive.

If I'm being 100% honest, It wasn't because of TWL that made me log in or continue to log in even now. It was more about the fact that people were playing TWD and borrows and such meant games were going on and able to be joined. Before that, either you were in an active squad, or you could not play TWD, and elim/wbduel had all but died out. I do not find any enjoyment from pub, so had things remained as they were previously before this borrow thing happened, I'm sure I'd have quit again before TWL even came about. There's really nothing different from TWL than TWD in reality besides the larger crowd and a 'perfect' lineup, which isn't really any different from what 'top-tier' squads like Strike or Pandora tend to play with regardless in TWD. The stakes might be slightly higher in theory (they're not in reality), but it's the same game with the same players you see every time you log in. Pretending TWL is something special over simple TWD games to someone that logs in very casually is not really accurate in my view.
              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Would you really quit though? I can't even name the last TWL I played in before this one, because I always tend to quit before they come around, same with TWDT. That being said, over the past 10 or so years, I've probably quit and came back about 50 times, some for a month, some for longer. That's just how it is with some players. It would probably be that way with you as well, even if you didn't know it. I forgot about this game for four straight years before one day remembering it existed and deciding to see if it was still alive.

If I'm being 100% honest, It wasn't because of TWL that made me log in or continue to log in even now. It was more about the fact that people were playing TWD and borrows and such meant games were going on and able to be joined. Before that, either you were in an active squad, or you could not play TWD, and elim/wbduel had all but died out. I do not find any enjoyment from pub, so had things remained as they were previously before this borrow thing happened, I'm sure I'd have quit again before TWL even came about. There's really nothing different from TWL than TWD in reality besides the larger crowd and a 'perfect' lineup, which isn't really any different from what 'top-tier' squads like Strike or Pandora tend to play with regardless in TWD. The stakes might be slightly higher in theory (they're not in reality), but it's the same game with the same players you see every time you log in. Pretending TWL is something special over simple TWD games to someone that logs in very casually is not really accurate in my view.
                Depends on what you call quiting. I wouldnt have logged on if u wasnt on a twl roster. Last time i was online before last sunday was like week 3 of twdt. Like i said, sunday is the only day i can play. So if i couldnt play, i wont be online. The days of sitting online and waiting for games are over for me. And i feel like many euro's get this.

Ofc it wasnt really about just twl when i was active. It was about playing with buddies and create something together.

Comment

TWL is a joke league no matter what changes we make. It's a league where great players play with other great players and compete against 2-3 other stacked squads. They destroy the other 6-7 squads and coast to semis/finals and brag about how good they are and how shit of a league TWDT is because they have to play with less talented people and are too shit of a player to know how to help others improve or carry someone, and it makes them look bad.

We should just focus primarily on on TWDT. It's the only league that helps other players learn and develop. The next idea for TWL should be to just do away with TWL entirely.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
                    TWL is a joke league no matter what changes we make. It's a league where great players play with other great players and compete against 2-3 other stacked squads. They destroy the other 6-7 squads and coast to semis/finals and brag about how good they are and how shit of a league TWDT is because they have to play with less talented people and are too shit of a player to know how to help others improve or carry someone, and it makes them look bad.

We should just focus primarily on on TWDT. It's the only league that helps other players learn and develop. The next idea for TWL should be to just do away with TWL entirely.
                    The problem with twdt is you have the likelihood of being drafted by a bad faith captain who doesnt let everyone play. I remember last one, I got to read about jessup being drafted so that the captain who drafted her (I dont remember who) could leave her permabenched, and they refused to release or trade her. That was a shitshow in my opinion. People in twdt show up only to not play, which makes people quit.

What I hate is that twl is always on Sundays at non-peak times. Most people in TW log in at night time in American timezones, and twl is always during the day/afternoon to cater to the 5 total Europeans who still log in. It's just not convenient or fun to play at those hours. Do it on a Friday or Saturday night for once and I'm betting it would be a lot better.
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

What I hate is that twl is always on Sundays at non-peak times. Most people in TW log in at night time in American timezones, and twl is always during the day/afternoon to cater to the 5 total Europeans who still log in. It's just not convenient or fun to play at those hours. Do it on a Friday or Saturday night for once and I'm betting it would be a lot better.

Preach. This is what I've been saying for years only to fall on deaf ears or blind eyes. I don't understand why the fuck we play on Sundays at 1PM. When leagues are not going, it's fucking dead at that time of day on Sunday. Friday, Saturday, Saturday night and sometimes Sunday/Monday NIGHTS are the most active times (speaking for TW).

We really should do leagues during these times when its obvious people like to play then. HZ and other zones do instead, taking away TW playerbase. I was actually considering making my own league outside of TW that would use a custom website and we'd arrange games just like TWL but the ruleset would be different and it would require a lot of time from myself to manually keep track of the games since I wouldn't be able to connect the website to the game server like tw.org or anything (am not that savvy). I just am dying to play leagues on Friday/Saturday night when the sun is down and the house is quiet.

Really hope we consider pushing the times back for the next TWDT and actually do leagues on active nights like Friday/Satur. Or least break it up so 50% of DT teams do Friday Night. 50% do Sunday afternoon. Then rotate the following week so its fair and make sure that each team during a season plays exactly 50-50 split between Fri/Sat Night and Sunday Afternoon to give people who like playing at night a chance to do so a few times throughout the season. This could help get more people who can't play DT on Sunday at that time a chance to play and could make for more teams and more competition.

PS: Also, olde still think calling my squad members crackheads is a bit slanderous and damaging to our image, especially right now when am trying to recruit people for TWL. The stress and the sacrifice, it's a bit much and when I read shit like that I take offense because you don't know the entire story and all of the work behind the scenes just to get here. I understand you weren't talking about me per say but still doesn't make it much better though I suppose I take back the 'fuck you' and want you to know I don't want to beef with you. Have a good week.

Comment

Grasps Big diggin' the style bro! Keep it on fleek brother.
                        Mythril> when i met ease in 2001 he was a gameboy
                        Shaw> it was sad steadman. ppl were saying morph was the best jav and stuff. sad times without you here
                        mcvicar> the last time ease spoke to me is when he said fart and then claus said "Fart it is."
                        Mythril> stead was wishing covid 14 on ppl back in the day

Jessup> I was beat up by a dwarf once

Comment

Grasps Exalt TWL games have been played in the 2-5 Sunday timeslot since the dawn of time. IIRC, even when games where scheduled by caps and Saturdays were open, no one ever skedded their games on Saturday.

The most recent BWC was a success with weeknight games, so I'm not saying it can't be done. But look at the shitstorm that happened when Dwopple changed the order of the matches. Changing the day is a long shot.
                          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                          Message has been sent to online moderators
                          2:BLeeN> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>no
                          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                          2:BLeeN> ok then no
                          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

fairly s1re twl is sunday aftirnoons becuz like hilf the pipilition is from euripe? doesnt take rickit appliancis 2 c this

Comment

Eu was 20% of population last time I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                                Grasps Exalt TWL games have been played in the 2-5 Sunday timeslot since the dawn of time. IIRC, even when games where scheduled by caps and Saturdays were open, no one ever skedded their games on Saturday.

The most recent BWC was a success with weeknight games, so I'm not saying it can't be done. But look at the shitstorm that happened when Dwopple changed the order of the matches. Changing the day is a long shot.
                                i mean yeah, I get it. People don't like change. It just seems to my old man mind that Friday/Saturday nights are more convenient and fun to log in and play than Sunday afternoons. I don't know about you guys, but my wife likes going to church and/or doing other random things on Sundays that get in the way of playing during the daytime. NFL games also are always around these exact times as well during the 6 months or so they're going on. With the pandemic, lots of people aren't going out on Friday/Saturday nights the way they used to, but even besides that, almost all of us are 30+ years old, many with families. It's highly unlikely that the majority will be going out every weekend to the bars or whatever like we did when we were 20-something. Maybe that's just me though.

As for EU times, it's already inconvenient for them as it is. 4 pm EST games on Sunday were equivalent to 1 am Monday mornings when I was in Turkey. I believe the UK was an hour or two behind Istanbul time, but then it is still around midnight on a night most people have to go to work the following day.
                                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                                X