Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone feel like the thrill of returning to TW is kinda fading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone feel like the thrill of returning to TW is kinda fading?

Aware of the psychological discourse of perhaps I feel that way because the squad I am a part of and have created isn't necessarily in top tier bracket competition and it's not that.

Perhaps I just burnt it out from being online from September to a few weeks ago to such a degree, but like the nostalgic romance of playing TW again is kinda quickly fading. Maybe it's just, cause things are opening up again and feels kinda of strange to sit at home when you can do regular people things again.
    1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Happens every twl. It'll bounce back for twdt if the zone isn't completely dead by then.

Comment

If TWL is such a zone killer for the average player why does it continue to run? It seems like there was a lot more intrigue with TWDT. The current league kinda feels like the NBA, lets just fast forward to the Lakers/Nets finals...
      Isn't there another way to stroke the egos of the elite guys stacking squads? Something that doesnt waste a quarter of the year for the majority of the players, most of whom are casually playing anyway and are at risk of leaving a game with a dwindling player base anyway

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
      Asia Minor> maybe not
      Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
      bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
      bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
      bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
      bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

The problem with TWL remains that it is during the daytime on Sundays, which is by far the worst time of any I can think of for when most people want to log in and play competitive games these days. The entire timing of it is terrible. I log in at night to play with friends and relax, not during the daytime when everyone has shit to do or things on their mind. The entire scheduling of TWL remaining the same for the past 20 years is beyond stupid. Just because a thing is a 'tradition' at this point doesn't mean it's the right way to go forever.

Also, the entire zone essentially shutting down for TWL is ridiculous as well. I'd rather watch paint dry than spend my time spectating Basing and Jav matches, yet the zone pretends everyone must watch or do nothing else, because again, it's 'tradition' and some random scrubs need an ego boost by having more people in an arena doing nothing but trolling someone like Beam going negative than playing. Nobody gives a fuck about these games these days as it is. I don't even like watching WB matches, because watching this game is boring AF. It was not made to be an E-Sport. Stop pretending. You guys have streams and youtube videos with 5 total viewers. You could get more viewers by playing Candy Crush than TW. This game is too old and too low of a population, and TWL is not what it was 20 years ago. I don't care how many spreadsheets nerds like Ogron try to make to show it is as good as 2005 or something, because it isn't true and nobody with common sense believes that.

At the end of the day, this game is about playing with friends at a time people enjoy playing together, and I have not met anyone that actually enjoys logging in during the daytime on Sundays for 3+ hours. It becomes less of a fun thing to do and far more like unpaid work to prop of some fragile egos on stacked squads. Roster limits has proven to not work and did not force these guys to branch out from their stacking ways either, so there is literally nothing new going on in this game. There is nothing exciting to see, because nobody does anything different than they did 10 years ago. Most players aren't even better or worse than they were previously either, just the same old players doing the same old things for eternity. I ask again, what is the point?

TWDT is seemingly the only fresh idea this game ever had. TWL probably shouldn't even exist anymore at this rate.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo! View Post
          lets just fast forward to the Lakers/Nets finals...
          Lakers/76ers hopefully

Comment

Exalt

Too many ideas, too few volunteers to make it actually happen. A TW tale as old as time.
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
            WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
            1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

40 bds a day will do that to ya
              J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
              8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

your sig absolutely killed me

Comment

TWL periodically is perfectly fine. The only change I would’ve done is a much shorter season. 9 weeks regular season with 1 week break followed by 3 weeks of playoffs is just an incredibly long league no matter if TWL or TWDT.
                  In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                  twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                  twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Ye TWL is only fun for the stacked and that is why TWL should die. Even on a stack smashing teams is not fun at all, but in this format if you dont stack you get smashed. This league is also extremely annoying to put a team together for and is just not worth the effort. The elite bullshit needs to stop in TWL and we should be promoting leagues that allow balanced games and allow individuals to just sign up and play (solo q style). The zone pop is too small for this style of league and it shows.

For some reason a lot of the population in this zone say they dont like playing with noobs... what i hear is whining that they cant win without a stack.

Comment

Every season everyone agrees the season is too long.Yet we do the same thing everytime. Rather than make it play each other once, top 4 semis then finals. Which could be done in a month it ends up being 3.
                      I've only played 2 weeks and it already feels like a slog, dunno how the peeps who played all season feel.
                      British> my 18th tomoz $$
                      Sol ^> 18 and scouse, so that two kids you have by now, brit? :)

i.d.> I just farted and shit myself alittle bit

Comment

Originally posted by Attacks View Post
                        Every season everyone agrees the season is too long.Yet we do the same thing everytime. Rather than make it play each other once, top 4 semis then finals. Which could be done in a month it ends up being 3.
                        I've only played 2 weeks and it already feels like a slog, dunno how the peeps who played all season feel.
                        I mean yea, makes sense. I had to be up at 9 am on Sunday to be online for 3 hours for TWL and I had to ask myself why the fuck am I doing this?

Like already Pacific time is early enough to be devoted to this game which really doesn't enrich my life to any degree, it's just for shits; but then for 3 hours, for 3-4 months, in a already imbalanced league in a game that's been around for 20 years with a population of 200 people.

Doesn't really seem like the intention is to retain population but to diminish it.
                        1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

TWL is retarded and it has needed to die for a decade at least.

Facts, unfortunately.

Oh, and whoever pointed out the thing about Sunday daytime being the worst for scheduling - absolutely.
                          7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                          Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                          TWLJ Champion Season 11
                          TWLB All-Star Season 10
                          Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

I am all for competition but TWL isn't the league for that. Not even sure why we should give medals for this league-least not solely to winners (who 100% stacked to get there and win twl). It lacks structure (despite its gazzilion rules) and allows any player to join ranks with any player to form squads. Elites stack and we sit here for 12-14 weeks watching a handful of tryhards stroke themselves. Disgusting. And as it's been said, the schedule is shit.

Comment

Here's how I look at it: TWL is not for me. TWL is for the ~40 tip-top players who never retired and have been logging on near-daily for over 20 years. Do I get to participate? Sure. But the main purpose of the league is for two stacked teams to fight each other for a title. The 10 weeks of regular season are basically just window dressing.

Once you accept this reality the angst around stacking and rosters and what not goes away. It's a much healthier way to play.
                              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                              Message has been sent to online moderators
                              2:BLeeN> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>no
                              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                              2:BLeeN> ok then no
                              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Working...
                              X