Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone feel like the thrill of returning to TW is kinda fading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought there were some great ideas for improving TWDT in previous threads... is there anyone here willing to step up, put on some scuba gear, and jump further into the ideas tank with a wrench to make it actually happen? I don't mind volunteering again to help organize things w/ assistance on coming to community consensus and fleshing out a league's details.

There have been a few other league ideas brewing, but again, organizing and executing is them is the bottleneck atm.

League Ideas:

4v4 jav & wb league w/ separate rosters and a pubbux buy-in pot (top X teams split pot)
    • 4v4s have a different playstyle
    • league can have flexible scheduling between captains
    • can piggy back on existing wbduel and javduel bots
    Reforming TWDT

Other Ideas:

Distension Wednesday's

qan fixed the issues the event / bots were causing on the server awhile back, and it looks to be functional... needs some community testing, though

Other Other Ideas:

Distension tournament or league
    • would need some ideas and structure w/ "minor" adjustments to the distensionbot

YES, I REALIZE THE IRONY PITCHING IDEAS WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY SAYING "TOO MANY IDEAS, NOT ENOUGH VOLUNTEERS." Sue me.
    Last edited by Dwopple; 04-01-2021, 12:57 PM.
    zidane> big play
    Omega Red> dwop sick
    mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
    WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
    1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Wanna recognize and say thanks to vys and dwopple for running TWL.

For the rest of ppl that are here and complaining, feel free to step up and try to run the next league. Plus i really like to play TWL, and its not because i am on cuphead. Diff from twdt, you can choose the people you going to play with. And yes, the same way its not enjoyable keep losing every sunday, i dont like to be forced playing with 6* , or even have to sit for a more "balanced" line play.

in resume, every league has problems.
      TWLD 2016 Champion
      TWDTD champion x 3
      Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
        Here's how I look at it: TWL is not for me. TWL is for the ~40 tip-top players who never retired and have been logging on near-daily for over 20 years. Do I get to participate? Sure. But the main purpose of the league is for two stacked teams to fight each other for a title. The 10 weeks of regular season are basically just window dressing.

Once you accept this reality the angst around stacking and rosters and what not goes away. It's a much healthier way to play.
        I mean sure, this is true, and I think almost everyone realizes it. The issue is that unless those 40-some people (I'd argue it's more like 15 max and a bunch of hanger-ons) players want to play the game solely by themselves, they too have some vested interest in not allowing the game to be killed by continuing to do the same things over and over again forever. It can't be that much fun for them either, right?

As I type this, I'm on Rocket, who at least in terms of TWDD is the most active squad in the game right now by a margin of 3:1. It has 102 dd games played in the current TWD season, while the second most active squad has 36. You could say that Rocket helps keep this game alive currently, at least in the wb division. Thing is, we almost never play games before ~8 PM EST, because nobody wants to log in before then. That's when most people seem to enjoy playing twdd in other squads as well, so I will go on a limb and say it's about the best time for most people who actually enjoy playing this game for more than just fake medals. I also see a ton of BDs happen a little before this time too, so there seems to be a set period where people play specific leagues in TWD. Meanwhile, TWL forces everyone to log in Sunday mornings to play some random games that almost nobody particularly cares about or thinks of any differently than TWD at this stage of the game's life, but with less functionality than TWD, much worse scoreboards (why is something simple like time-played not even recorded by the bots when it matters in showing how a game unfolded?), and at such an odd time that honestly very few people are in peak form as they play each other anyway for what is 'supposed' to be the peak of this game's competitiveness. I'd argue that none of that is true, so what exactly is the league for again?

Using wb division as an example, Strike/Pandora/Cuphead can literally play each other in a TWDD match on a Wednesday night sometime and have both a better recorded experience (since TWD bots and website is 1000x better than the TWL counterpart) and more than likely, more viewers as well. Why isn't this 'TWL' at this point? What is truly different about it besides someone hosting the game, which I think is unnecessary regardless? Why is SUNDAY MORNINGS always a thing? I say this for TWDT as well, because it messes that league up too imo. Sure, the 5 total Euros that still log into this game will have a difficult time with the scheduling, but tbh, almost none of them play WB besides vys anyway. Most of them are Javs, so they could have their Jav league on Sundays at noon, which not-so-coincidentally is NIGHTTIME for Euros. DING DING DING. It's almost as if Euros set up the Sunday morning thing 20 years ago so that they could play at night like normal people while everyone else had to suffer 9 am wakeups. Besides, I was in Istanbul all of 2018 and 2019, and the timezones for this game during the TWDT I briefly thought I could participate in back then was so ridiculous that I gave up. I'd have to have stayed up until 2 am on Sundays to play at all back then, which was a no go for me. About the only timezone that schedule was somewhat decent for were those in the UK timezone, which is basically Vys and Beast. Two players. All the other Euros left are in Finland, and their timezones suck for them like it did for me in Istanbul. These Sunday games help nobody.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Iron View Post
          Wanna recognize and say thanks to vys and dwopple for running TWL.

For the rest of ppl that are here and complaining, feel free to step up and try to run the next league. Plus i really like to play TWL, and its not because i am on cuphead. Diff from twdt, you can choose the people you going to play with. And yes, the same way its not enjoyable keep losing every sunday, i dont like to be forced playing with 6* , or even have to sit for a more "balanced" line play.

in resume, every league has problems.
          While I disagree with you on almost everything else from a fundamental POV (since I don't play on stacked squads and haven't done so since like 2005), I will say that I don't think anyone is against Dwopple or Vys here. This isn't their fault and never was. Everyone thanks them for helping to run the league and doing what they can to make it better with the resources they have. This right now is not an attack on them by any means. It is simply ideas for some, others for venting possibly, to make the game better for everyone, even you.
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I mean sure, this is true, and I think almost everyone realizes it. The issue is that unless those 40-some people (I'd argue it's more like 15 max and a bunch of hanger-ons) players want to play the game solely by themselves, they too have some vested interest in not allowing the game to be killed by continuing to do the same things over and over again forever. It can't be that much fun for them either, right?

As I type this, I'm on Rocket, who at least in terms of TWDD is the most active squad in the game right now by a margin of 3:1. It has 102 dd games played in the current TWD season, while the second most active squad has 36. You could say that Rocket helps keep this game alive currently, at least in the wb division. Thing is, we almost never play games before ~8 PM EST, because nobody wants to log in before then. That's when most people seem to enjoy playing twdd in other squads as well, so I will go on a limb and say it's about the best time for most people who actually enjoy playing this game for more than just fake medals. I also see a ton of BDs happen a little before this time too, so there seems to be a set period where people play specific leagues in TWD. Meanwhile, TWL forces everyone to log in Sunday mornings to play some random games that almost nobody particularly cares about or thinks of any differently than TWD at this stage of the game's life, but with less functionality than TWD, much worse scoreboards (why is something simple like time-played not even recorded by the bots when it matters in showing how a game unfolded?), and at such an odd time that honestly very few people are in peak form as they play each other anyway for what is 'supposed' to be the peak of this game's competitiveness. I'd argue that none of that is true, so what exactly is the league for again?

Using wb division as an example, Strike/Pandora/Cuphead can literally play each other in a TWDD match on a Wednesday night sometime and have both a better recorded experience (since TWD bots and website is 1000x better than the TWL counterpart) and more than likely, more viewers as well. Why isn't this 'TWL' at this point? What is truly different about it besides someone hosting the game, which I think is unnecessary regardless? Why is SUNDAY MORNINGS always a thing? I say this for TWDT as well, because it messes that league up too imo. Sure, the 5 total Euros that still log into this game will have a difficult time with the scheduling, but tbh, almost none of them play WB besides vys anyway. Most of them are Javs, so they could have their Jav league on Sundays at noon, which not-so-coincidentally is NIGHTTIME for Euros. DING DING DING. It's almost as if Euros set up the Sunday morning thing 20 years ago so that they could play at night like normal people while everyone else had to suffer 9 am wakeups. Besides, I was in Istanbul all of 2018 and 2019, and the timezones for this game during the TWDT I briefly thought I could participate in back then was so ridiculous that I gave up. I'd have to have stayed up until 2 am on Sundays to play at all back then, which was a no go for me. About the only timezone that schedule was somewhat decent for were those in the UK timezone, which is basically Vys and Beast. Two players. All the other Euros left are in Finland, and their timezones suck for them like it did for me in Istanbul. These Sunday games help nobody.
            I've been wanting to say this to you for a few months now, but...

The way you complain about things on this forum makes you deserving of a "Captain Hindsight" title. It's exhausting, and provides no real benefit to anyone but yourself.

Like Iron said... feel free to step up. I am here to help with that, but first you need a solid plan for 1) League structure 2) determining teams 3) qualifications 4) player and roster management 5) scheduling 6) recording match results (matchbots or wbduel / javduel bots).

If you just like the dopamine rush you get by analyzing problems using hindsight, then carry on. I just wanted to get mine, too, because it's been building up for awhile.

Edit: I don't take any of this as a personal attack btw... I've just taken a long notice on how you've been expressing yourself on things you disagree with, lol.
            zidane> big play
            Omega Red> dwop sick
            WillBy> ^^

Comment

TWL season is too long imo

Ready for TWL to end ty

Comment

Holyyy so many salty ppl about twl..get over yourselves

As far as next twdt, it doesn’t need any dramatic changes. Only change i would recommend is +1 higher star cap for all 3 leagues due to the ongoing rating inflation and lack of 6-7* players.
                In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

The way pvp games stay active to me is based on ease of access and balance. TWL has neither and the solution is to make a league that doesnt suffer from so many strings attached. Iron the game doesnt have the population to allow people to form their own teams anymore without causing huge imbalances in team strength. As evidence by this post those squads are feeling burnt out already and are ready to call it quits. This is why twl is shit

DT's main issue is u feel like you cant start your best players because of the star cap. Why even have a star cap? In any league that is competitive you dont get a spot because ur a shit 6*. Just get rid of the stupid star cap. Problem #2 with dt is again we combine 3 different leagues into the same 1...

Solution: keep it as simple as possible - No star cap draft for wb jav and base separately. To me this is the easiest way to allow everyone to sign up be on a team and have the most balanced teams possible. captains would have to have a min star cap requirement so nubs dont just cap so they get a roster spot. It also means if you are a boarderline player or a nub you have motivation to get better to make a line instead of being like well im a 6* so i get to play cuz im of cheap cost.

I am too psychotic to run a league or else I would help. I would cap a Dt squad but i dont know enough about jav and wb so this is also a reason for sep rosters for each league .

Comment

This is why you don't make TWL unneccesarily long...

Last season was 5 weeks regular season, semis, finals (7 weeks long)

This season had 1 week preseason, 9 weeks regular season, 1 week easter break, quarters, semis, and finals. (3.5 months)

It's literally twice as long as TWL 2020 for no good reason.

Oh, and every adult will be vaccinated by the playoffs in the USA and the rosters have zero depth.

top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post

I've been wanting to say this to you for a few months now, but...

The way you complain about things on this forum makes you deserving of a "Captain Hindsight" title. It's exhausting, and provides no real benefit to anyone but yourself.

Like Iron said... feel free to step up. I am here to help with that, but first you need a solid plan for 1) League structure 2) determining teams 3) qualifications 4) player and roster management 5) scheduling 6) recording match results (matchbots or wbduel / javduel bots).

If you just like the dopamine rush you get by analyzing problems using hindsight, then carry on. I just wanted to get mine, too, because it's been building up for awhile.

Edit: I don't take any of this as a personal attack btw... I've just taken a long notice on how you've been expressing yourself on things you disagree with, lol.
                      Hey man, if it helps you vent, feel free to do it. I'm definitely not above being criticized, so if you feel you need to do it toward me, that's perfectly fine. The way I write on forums is just my way of doing it, but if it bothers you, it's okay to say something. I'd be a hypocrite if I could dish it out but not take it as well.
                      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                        Oh, and every adult will be vaccinated by the playoffs in the USA
                        This would be true if there weren't so many anti-vaxxers and people who think viruses don't exist.
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

This season had 1 week preseason, 9 weeks regular season, 1 week easter break, quarters, semis, and finals. (3.5 months)

Oh, and every adult will be vaccinated by the playoffs in the USA and the rosters have zero depth.

not to mention the regular season is actually pointless with so many teams making playoffs. Gotta wait another month and a half to find ouch which of rapid juice or lulu makes the playoffs. See ya guys then!

Comment

This thread got carried away, we've already had like four threads on TWL over the last 3 months and no one has agreed on anything.

Regardless, how I feel today and I think others might, is being on for 3 hours on Sundays, when only 4 teams can truly compete for a title in every league, if not less, is wild. We should be preserving the attention of people, so maybe we can figure a way to do this, once this league is done.
                            1:Jerome> ON THE THIRD DAY GOD CREATED THE REMINGTON BOLT ACTION .33, AND SAW THAT IT WAS GOOD, AND ON THE FOURTH DAY HE USED IT TO KILL DINOSAURS AND HOMOSEXUALS

Juice

Comment

Originally posted by MousE View Post

not to mention the regular season is actually pointless with so many teams making playoffs. Gotta wait another month and a half to find ouch which of rapid juice or lulu makes the playoffs. See ya guys then!
                              I think this is the main issue. Why the fuck are we playing everyone twice if you have this many squads? Like twld 8 out of 10 squads make playoffs, to see most likely 4 loopsided quarter finals.

As i am not on a stacked squad, i have enjoyed the last two seasons of twl. Just because i get to play with people who are fun. Twdt fun can be destroyed way too easy imo. The games might be closer, but its often more toxic on teamchats, especially towards the 6* ppl. While those 6* ppl are actually 4 or 5 in the rating system that was created for twdt. The rating system is fkd over the years. That's the main problem with twdt. Ease and turban can for example probably easily beat two 6 of 7 stars in jav, while these players cost more together..

Comment

The reason was 11 teams in LD, and scheduling things so the semis & Finals would be at the same time. It's math.

Since there was no real qualifications for TWL, I wasn't willing to straight up deny 2-3 teams from competing in LD given it's always been evident this surge in TW activity is attributed to COVID, and will not last forever. I agree, though, the result has been an unfortunately long season, but I will happily take the blame for that.
                                zidane> big play
                                Omega Red> dwop sick
                                WillBy> ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X