Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone feel like the thrill of returning to TW is kinda fading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i beat this game any time anyone borrows or i gotta carry i win every game, this isnt fun anymore so i stopped playin
    https://twd.trenchwars.org/showgame/90112596

Retired after i dropped 24 kills and carry the team

wbduel Map Maker Legend

Comment

Originally posted by 2pac View Post
      i beat this game any time anyone borrows or i gotta carry i win every game, this isnt fun anymore so i stopped playin
      More like you got stomped in twl, twdt (couple 1-10) and you cannot play in ur cheat resolution .. thats why you left.
      TWLD 2016 Champion
      TWDTD champion x 3
      Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Not wanting to play with low star players as a 9/10* seems like a pretty cowardly way to approach competition, especially considering all of the other 9/10* players would be facing the same situation. Whats fun about winning a game stacked alongside 5 other 10* players playing against a lineup of mediocre players, week after week afer week until you get to the playoffs? Isn't it alot more fulfilling as a high star player to carry and lead your lesser talented teammates to victory? That format seems to bring alot more out of the high star players, while also allowing lower tier players to actually be impactful in the game and thus make it more enticing.

Asia Minor> see you sunday fuckers
        Asia Minor> maybe not
        Asia Minor> i hope you guys lose
        bloodzombie> I hope your mom fucks you while you sleep
        bloodzombie> every time you have a wet dream, it's really your mom fucking you
        bloodzombie> remmeber that next time
        bloodzombie> seriously

Comment

Since this thread evolved into a "what to do next and/or how to fixit" discussion, how about splitting the leagues up and host it draft style, without star cap (preferably still with stars but just as form/history performance indicator). I personally wouldn't make it wb/jav/base, but dueling and basing, with one twist. Throw in the game mode (egfl?) from eg that best fits basing, into the basing category. Many players have come over from eg last year and taking to basing, but I can't imagine those all have found tw basing to be enough to keep playing. Pros: Something new in a familiar setting. Better skill spread. Still highlights multi league players, but with not as big a jump (wb/jav vs base). Cons: Planning matches on a single day could be a bit rough with 2 games per league. Adding a new mode is a big change and could go wrong in so many ways.
          It's a crazy idea, but I'm curious to hear if anyone would even remotely want to give it a shot. I'm willing to provide a bot + map if there's enough interest.

Another idea that has been popping up the past few years, home arenas, could alternatively be thrown into the mix. The best way to do this IMO is to start with the standard maps and allow teams to pick between a couple of options, to avoid the problem of having to play on really crappy and diverse maps (making a good map is tough and time consuming). Like choosing cram width (base), asteroid density (wb), and more/less wall holes (jav) could be really interesting and give teams a chance to give their roster just the slightest advantage while not having it be a completely new game mode.

Just let me know how dumb my ideas are <3

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo! View Post
            Not wanting to play with low star players as a 9/10* seems like a pretty cowardly way to approach competition, especially considering all of the other 9/10* players would be facing the same situation. Whats fun about winning a game stacked alongside 5 other 10* players playing against a lineup of mediocre players, week after week afer week until you get to the playoffs? Isn't it alot more fulfilling as a high star player to carry and lead your lesser talented teammates to victory? That format seems to bring alot more out of the high star players, while also allowing lower tier players to actually be impactful in the game and thus make it more enticing.
            MY MAN!

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post
              Since this thread evolved into a "what to do next and/or how to fixit" discussion, how about splitting the leagues up and host it draft style, without star cap (preferably still with stars but just as form/history performance indicator). I personally wouldn't make it wb/jav/base, but dueling and basing, with one twist. Throw in the game mode (egfl?) from eg that best fits basing, into the basing category. Many players have come over from eg last year and taking to basing, but I can't imagine those all have found tw basing to be enough to keep playing. Pros: Something new in a familiar setting. Better skill spread. Still highlights multi league players, but with not as big a jump (wb/jav vs base). Cons: Planning matches on a single day could be a bit rough with 2 games per league. Adding a new mode is a big change and could go wrong in so many ways.
              It's a crazy idea, but I'm curious to hear if anyone would even remotely want to give it a shot. I'm willing to provide a bot + map if there's enough interest.

Another idea that has been popping up the past few years, home arenas, could alternatively be thrown into the mix. The best way to do this IMO is to start with the standard maps and allow teams to pick between a couple of options, to avoid the problem of having to play on really crappy and diverse maps (making a good map is tough and time consuming). Like choosing cram width (base), asteroid density (wb), and more/less wall holes (jav) could be really interesting and give teams a chance to give their roster just the slightest advantage while not having it be a completely new game mode.

would like all of this

Comment

Originally posted by BIET View Post

I like what you proposed here BIET It would definitely warrant players like myself who are so completely fed up with this game having played it since middle school to re-install the game and shake off the rust. There's just not enough currently here to keep us around even more so when league after league we can't play. Would love something to welcome everyone yet still have a high skill ceiling to climb allowing the best to stand out. The incentive to get EG players more on board is smart too.

My only hope is the scheduling for leagues goes to Friday/Saturday nights.

This all day Sunday shit has to go. It's way too taxing and if you work Mon-Fri and have a family, that day is pretty much locked out altogether. That's why we play so late on the weeknights, because we got shit to do all during the day and it shows, those are always the busy times. If we can capitalize on this, guys like me, Rasaq (much luv bro!) and many others would be able to play. I've said before, I am all for compromise, we could spilt leagues into Friday night/Sunday afternoon and rotate divisions around so it's 50/50 split for wb/jav/base for Euro/US players. Least humor that. The fact is Euro players the minority and it's time to adjust accordingly.

PS: Until then, I am only here for another 24 post!!! Am open to returning for shit like that though Biet, so rock on my man!
                Last edited by Grasps; 04-06-2021, 10:39 AM.

Comment

It's not even worth logging on as uk/eu anymore, even on weekends. Twd games don't start until 11pm+. Uk/eu population is gonna tank hard. Start measuring it regularly then you can be informed about how many people you impact by moving leagues later. Last time I measured was 2 years ago and uk/eu was 20% of twd activity.

Comment

HellzNo! "Isn't it alot more fulfilling as a high star player to carry and lead your lesser talented teammates to victory?" .... I feel personally offended.

BIET I %1000 think we should try to bring ?go baseduel (or whatever it was called) from EG into TW, with the automated bot and everything. I think a lot of older players have never done an EG baseduel and would enjoy it casually (and then they'd also learn that lag-attaching is not cheating). Once we had some general interest, we could set up a TWD-like ladder for it and if that grew we could do a league. Just my thought.

@ Everyone saying "get rid of star cap" and "do a separate draft for each division": No. It is my opinion that the only thing that this will result in is a shittier version of TWL with nothing but top-tier players participating. TWDT's purpose is to give a larger segment of our community the opportunity to participate competitively. Do 6* players often "ruin games" by dying out quickly in dueling? Maybe. But maybe the cap should bench his 10* and play two 8*'s instead. I do think @leeromero might be on to something by splitting players into three tiers, though.

I don't like the star system, I think it needs to be overhauled, and I think we can still have competitive games with a star cap. Claushouse's complaint that 6*'s ruin games because they go 3-10 and die out immediately is not a valid complaint. Does it happen? Yes. But the reason it happens is because that squad's captain prioritized a top-heavy line. If I recall correctly, one of the more successful DTD teams last season ran something like a 7/7/8/8/9 lineup. The idea is that the 3 10*s you played that forced you into playing a 6* are supposed to be strong enough to be able to win the inevitable early 4v5. If they can't, then the cap should reevaluate his line.

I'm also against league-specific drafts but I don't really have a good reason. I think the metagame of trying to balance your line across leagues is interesting and plenty of TWDT squads have had potential triple crown runs over the years, so it's not like you can't compete in all three leagues with the current setup. Also, not that we're an eSports game or something, but separate rosters per leagues will make the league drama harder to follow and won't help to foster the building of strong team relationships. (HYPE!)

This post is really rambly and I'm sorry, my brain's not functioning right today but the meat of what I mean is in there somewhere.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
                      It's not even worth logging on as uk/eu anymore, even on weekends. Twd games don't start until 11pm+. Uk/eu population is gonna tank hard. Start measuring it regularly then you can be informed about how many people you impact by moving leagues later. Last time I measured was 2 years ago and uk/eu was 20% of twd activity.
                      It's only going to get worse as more and more people return to work. I would suggest you Euros make a discord or something and organize a weekly time you log on to game. There's are much less Euros then there once was but there's still a large enough population of semi-active Euros that if you guys said "Every Tuesday and Thursday we'll be on at 7pm GMT" it might help get you some games.
                      Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                      Message has been sent to online moderators
                      2:BLeeN> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>no
                      2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                      2:BLeeN> ok then no
                      :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                      (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                        HellzNo! "Isn't it alot more fulfilling as a high star player to carry and lead your lesser talented teammates to victory?" .... I feel personally offended.

BIET I %1000 think we should try to bring ?go baseduel (or whatever it was called) from EG into TW, with the automated bot and everything. I think a lot of older players have never done an EG baseduel and would enjoy it casually (and then they'd also learn that lag-attaching is not cheating). Once we had some general interest, we could set up a TWD-like ladder for it and if that grew we could do a league. Just my thought.

@ Everyone saying "get rid of star cap" and "do a separate draft for each division": No. It is my opinion that the only thing that this will result in is a shittier version of TWL with nothing but top-tier players participating. TWDT's purpose is to give a larger segment of our community the opportunity to participate competitively. Do 6* players often "ruin games" by dying out quickly in dueling? Maybe. But maybe the cap should bench his 10* and play two 8*'s instead. I do think @leeromero might be on to something by splitting players into three tiers, though.

I don't like the star system, I think it needs to be overhauled, and I think we can still have competitive games with a star cap. Claushouse's complaint that 6*'s ruin games because they go 3-10 and die out immediately is not a valid complaint. Does it happen? Yes. But the reason it happens is because that squad's captain prioritized a top-heavy line. If I recall correctly, one of the more successful DTD teams last season ran something like a 7/7/8/8/9 lineup. The idea is that the 3 10*s you played that forced you into playing a 6* are supposed to be strong enough to be able to win the inevitable early 4v5. If they can't, then the cap should reevaluate his line.

I'm also against league-specific drafts but I don't really have a good reason. I think the metagame of trying to balance your line across leagues is interesting and plenty of TWDT squads have had potential triple crown runs over the years, so it's not like you can't compete in all three leagues with the current setup. Also, not that we're an eSports game or something, but separate rosters per leagues will make the league drama harder to follow and won't help to foster the building of strong team relationships. (HYPE!)

This post is really rambly and I'm sorry, my brain's not functioning right today but the meat of what I mean is in there somewhere.
                        So the logic is twl bad cause ppl stack, twdt good cause it's a more inclusive league and you can sit 10*s for a balanced line.

I wonder if it's a good thing to practice and get good in this game, apparently you get punished for it

TWLD 2016 Champion
                        TWDTD champion x 3
                        Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Iron View Post

So the logic is twl bad cause ppl stack, twdt good cause it's a more inclusive league and you can sit 10*s for a balanced line.

I wonder if it's a good thing to practice and get good in this game, apparently you get punished for it
                          man I never realized u were so scared of balanced teams what's up with that? a no star draft wouldn't be a watered down twl cuz there are a lot of people sitting out.... Man some of u vets are really that scared of not being able to get carried?

No wonder I crush u kids in DT

edit: you could also limit the number of teams in a draft based on signups so it doesn't get too watered down... stop being so scared yo

Comment

Originally posted by MousE View Post

man I never realized u were so scared of balanced teams what's up with that? a no star draft wouldn't be a watered down twl cuz there are a lot of people sitting out.... Man some of u vets are really that scared of not being able to get carried?

No wonder I crush u kids in DT

edit: you could also limit the number of teams in a draft based on signups so it doesn't get too watered down... stop being so scared yo
                            Where i said i dont agree with a no star cap draft?
                            I am pointing out ppl are complaining about twl cause thats not a inclusive league, but its ok to sit a 10* to benefit of the team in twdt.
                            TWLD 2016 Champion
                            TWDTD champion x 3
                            Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by HellzNo! View Post
                              TELL EM GRANDPA!!!!!!

No really..this has been a classic scenario of the last 10 years or so. People stacking squads because they are terrified of losing. Meanwhile, some of us would rather risk it all and play with absolute doodoo heads (Morph, Lorko, Creature, Beam, a man named yoJimbolaya). And some of us would actually rather rush into enemy team ACTUALLY FEARLESS and lure and smash a bunch of these buttheads. BUt that's just me :/. A real N. No Big deal haha.

~paradise
                              <>< <>< ><> ><>
                              4:BigKing> xD
                              4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                              4:BigKing> what did i do???
                              4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                              4:BigKing> ???? why though
                              4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that
                              4:BigKing> xD

Comment

TWL is for high * playes
                                DT without * cap will again be for high * players.

If the only events you host are for high * players, we lose mid * players that are trying to get better but never get to play.

You nerds always say "get good" well not everyone has the potential to be a 10* player. We have a small playerbase, we should be finding ways to include as many people as possible in events. ESPECIALLY right after TWL which is only for high * players.
                                rEnZi> just looking at rageritual tilts me
                                rEnZi> its crazy
                                rEnZi> thats real power

Siaxis> yo it was way harder to kill Rage then beam in that dtd

Comment

Working...
                                X