Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone feel like the thrill of returning to TW is kinda fading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by viop11 View Post
    rockit has sum fkd up mentality of just assuming they r goink 2 lose every mitch despite playink 423423423423234423 more than every1 else. u kniw exilt, if u and othir playirs like rivige wudnt just say "am on rockit we nefir win" and actually vsd sum ownirship 4 ur own performincis, u cud mayb win sum time. all i c is ppl like ursilf n rifige blaming ur teamm8s 4 chokink and sayink u always lose. u gi into twl mitchis vs squidrins like ripitish who vs 0 prictice w/ sum defeatid mentality
    What are you talking about? Worry about your own squadron. You cried for two weeks straight about how you need to add 100 players to the roster limit so you can try to stack more for players to show up for you. Meanwhile, Rocket has like 7 active players and yet manages to play 4234234234234234 more games than everyone else, just like you said. Why dont people want to show up for you Viop? Maybe you're not so great at this whole captain business. Rocket players log in daily and try to get better. Rapid players avoid you.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
      The great exalt has spoken.. please dude.. spare me. Hate when worse players try and comment and rehash the same old tired jessup troll gaslighting arguements. Put me on a team who appreciates me and gives me an equal chance to play twdt and let me prove myself. Why should folks like you get to play when I have better stats than you and am an all around better player in every ship than you? Put me on a twdt line and I guarentee I will do better than you during a whole season for my team, I'm way more an asset to a team than you give me credit for and the proof is in my stat ratios. I've also been jumping around on strange lines recently unlike rocket who play 5-10 matches a night with the same line together so it makes it even harder for me to keep the positive stats up which I maintain. Staying alive is a good thing too if you play on a team with half a brain and ship control skills who won't easily be ko'd trading 1:1 kills. Srsly the last person I needed to be told the "truth" by is someone like you. You have never squadded with me on a team for any season of leagues. I always finish a top 2 or top 3 season scorer when I was in TWL on my teams and some seaons finished #1 on Paladen in TWL. Your naivety is just silly and a really easy lazy rehash of the same tired points trolls of mine make. Plenty of people think I'm a fine player who deserves more respect than I've gotten by these trolls who cap every season and lock me out. Use me in TWDT and then talk if I suck but otherwise you are just making shit up and supposing stuff and gaslighting me. I can and will adapt to the needs of my team. I am by no means this one dimensional player you make me out to be.

Why are you so defensive when people provide you with constructive criticism? He isn’t the only one who thinks that about you — it’s a no-brainer analysis. There is a reason why you are always last in your matches to die out when your team is gone. You hide and provide little support. He and everyone else has been saying this for a while but you continue to get defensive.

Let me guess who should be new TWDT cap: you or people that play like you, Alextron?

Comment

Could probably add more teams, agree with olde, more teams makes fewer leet spots per team and would spread the participation slots out. IMO 7 star slots have been completely broken in twdt forever because there are tons of very active 7's and 7.5's but none or only 1 get used per line. Often star combos totally avoid 7's and use the broken 6's (Maito-chi for example) Guy was allowed to be a 6 star last season and is wayy better than that. Also every year we have some 15 plus year vet like TJ Hazuki fill 6 star slots which is ridiculous. Most 6 stars are not even close to being new players and why they are rewarded taken spots when there are much better 7 stars doesn't make sense. We do though have a few and also EG transplants but most will never get a chance in hell to play. A few 8 stars fall thru cracks too when they shouldn't.

I'm personally also tired of same people capping too. I'm sick of being blacked out by them when I always have positive stats of 10-8 to 9-8 in TWDD which should be more than enough to use me. It's not only me too that is annoyed. I've all but given up with leagues and I know I'm not alone. Same click of players have run TWDT league for too long. Allow new people to cap please.

Also could implement a "Was benched" feature which forces teams to rotate players star lines.

I also gave numerous ideas how to implement a fun competitive pre season TSL type tourny that could allow low star players to EARN positions as starters in TWDT. Then there could be no bitching about results because it would be decided by fair competiton. Plus that would create hype in itself and activity while players tried to qualify. There are many things we can do to be more inclusive.
        Lol jessup, i was capping for the first time and i picked you, tried to give you a shoot like u always asked, u didn't even bother to show up.
        TWLD 2016 Champion
        TWDTD champion x 3
        Potenza 4 LIFE

Comment

• Originally posted by Grasps View Post
          Who sent Jessup in here to derail this? Felt like we were making progress..
          Dude lol ur so shifty. I made suggestions and added to this thread and then exalt decided to take it to a personal level to which I responded and now I see you decided to jump in and derail more. I dunno why I ever stick up for you when you always throw me under the bus... you once again do it here. How about everyone get back to the points at hand and stop focusing on the great Jessup.
          TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
          TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
          TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Dude lol ur so shifty. I made suggestions and added to this thread and then exalt decided to take it to a personal level to which I responded and now I see you decided to jump in and derail more. I dunno why I ever stick up for you when you always throw me under the bus... you once again do it here. How about everyone get back to the points at hand and stop focusing on the great Jessup.
            It wasn't a personal attack on you. It was constructive criticism. I didn't call you a bad player, although you did say that to me after you got overly defensive. Truth be told, I went against the grain and said that you can hold your own in the stats department, and I specifically know I've defended you many times in the past against other players who claim you're trash. I said no, you could potentially be pretty good, but the issue that holds you back is the teaming thing. When you once again wondered why people view you the way they do, I simply responded, since that's what forums are for. You think it is some conspiracy and every captain in the game has it out for you or something, but I don't really think that's true. I gave my reasons as to why I believe many people don't want to give you the chance you want, but it's up to you to decide if you care about the truth of the matter or not. There's not much else to say. If you want to pretend there's a conspiracy rather than looking at things realistically, that's on you, but remember: You are basically a QAnon Trumper in this situation.
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Originally posted by Exalt View Post

It wasn't a personal attack on you. It was constructive criticism. I didn't call you a bad player, although you did say that to me after you got overly defensive. Truth be told, I went against the grain and said that you can hold your own in the stats department, and I specifically know I've defended you many times in the past against other players who claim you're trash. I said no, you could potentially be pretty good, but the issue that holds you back is the teaming thing. When you once again wondered why people view you the way they do, I simply responded, since that's what forums are for. You think it is some conspiracy and every captain in the game has it out for you or something, but I don't really think that's true. I gave my reasons as to why I believe many people don't want to give you the chance you want, but it's up to you to decide if you care about the truth of the matter or not. There's not much else to say. If you want to pretend there's a conspiracy rather than looking at things realistically, that's on you, but remember: You are basically a QAnon Trumper in this situation.
              lol ya right, i had cap refuse to give me twdt chat 2 seasons ago and told me I wasn't welcome on team before 1st game and would get zero play time in forums by him and had to make a fuss to even get the team chat. If that isn't insider bias by caps i dunno what ur definition of it would be. This is the type sillyness I deal with. I do not cause issues on my teams ever and there was zero justification for that type behavior by a twdt cap.

Iron I showed up when I could last season and wasn't used and sat in spec like 3 weeks .. think I played some lopsided game after ur roster quit showing up or something. I was dealing with real life issues at the time dealing with deaths in family too. If I am free and able to play I will show up for TWDT but I want to be accepted as any1 else on team.
              TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• uh i dun play trinch wirs durink the week and i try 2 get more spots so i cud add more ripitish wut r u tilkink about. my whole point was rockit has 7 ppl that vs 900000 mitchis per day n all u guys tilk about is how much u suk and how u cant win ne mitchis. am jus goink by wut i see u n rifigi type on the drug dealir chit n forim

Comment

• Originally posted by Claushouse View Post

It's easy to virtue signal from the peanut gallery about inclusivity when you never play leagues.

The only people who win TWL are, for the most part, 9*s and 10*s. TWDT expands that massively to 10*s, 9*s, 8*s, 7*s, and occasionally 6*s (formerly 5*s, due to ratings inflation).

Have you actually had multiple seasons in a row ruined losing game after game because of a 6* (again, a 5* from 2010-2018)? And watching the team that wins have the one broken 6* who was misrated? No, you just tut-tut from the bleachers with no skin in the game. It's not fun.

I ran leagues and had 5* and 6* star slots, mandating the inclusion of this tier of players. Legitimate efforts were made. It was a genuinely awful experience. We bumped it up to 6* and 7* (by today's standards, 7* and 8*) and the league was much more fun. Those players don't belong in TWDT.

TWL: 10*, 9* (can win)
                  TWL: everyone (can participate)
                  TWDT: 10*, 9*, 8*, 7*
                  TWD: everyone
                  TSL: everyone
                  Elim: everyone
                  Pub: everyone
                  Events: everyone

There is a reasonable expectation that players use TWD and Elim to get to 7* to be viable in TWDT. Nobody wants to say it in forums because you get nasty responses calling you an elitist, but if you play TWDT you know that is the lowest level of skill that allows you to have fun and be competitive.

7* and above is not elitist. It represents the majority of the zone. There is a reason League of Legends created a fucking IRON TIER below bronze. There is a percentage of the population, unfortunately, that are just simply not viable in a team setting and harm the fun for everyone else. Forcing them into DT is stupid. I learned that the hard way trying to do just that over my first 2 years running TWDT.

Players below 7* can pretty much play in every league except TWDT. Wolf and others can just create their own squads for TWL (they just won't win).

Also, your statement that we're losing new players by excluding them from leagues is based on absolutely nothing. We've repeatedly catered to new players and most leave anyway. If you actually played this game you would know retention of skilled, veteran players has a much more positive impact on zone activity. Skill correlates highly with retention. People who are good at things are more likely to continue doing them. All the talented EGers have made their way into TWL starting lineups within months. They don't need handholding. Bad players catered to quit anyway and move onto different games.

so hot when ur mad
                  4:BigKing> xD
                  4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                  4:BigKing> what did i do???
                  4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                  4:BigKing> ???? why though
                  4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

• Originally posted by olde View Post
                    When I posted about lower the star cap for WB/JAV AND keeping base the same i didn't say make it all about 6* and lower tier players i was saying there're a FK TON of medicore 7*/8*/causal rusty players that keep twd alive but ride bench in DT and lose interest in the game, but they keep twd alive, game would be completely dead with out them. Kind of a slap in their face.

I suggested lowering the star cap so you can add 2 more teams and it STILL be competitive since there're plenty of 7*/8 *stars to go around and you would focus on building a line around THEM.. The 9* and 10* spot would be valued much more, and there would probly only be one in each lineup... But if your a 10* prove it and dominate....Take it as a challenge, your team drafted you to be MICHAEL FKN JORDAN!

I'm only suggesting this because there isnt enough 9*/10* to go around with the current star cap to make 12 even teams.

Some of the lines in the past have looked more like TWL lines. Which was fine WHEN we had the players to even out the teams. Gotta make a change to counter the dwindling population.

I'm saying you have the players for 12 teams, stop benching them. Spread the high stars out across all 12 teams. Focus on the players you got logging in which is manly 7*/8* Get more people involved, save the game. Your goal should be to build population.... Or don't...
                    Wow you know crazy enough...i think this may actually be crazy enough to absolutely not fucking work at all

4:Best> i'm leaving chat
                    4:BigKing> what did i do???
                    4:Best> told you repeatedly you cannot use that emoji anymore
                    4:BigKing> ???? why though
                    4:Best> you're 6'4 and black...you can't use emojis like that

Comment

• Originally posted by paradise! View Post

Wow you know crazy enough...i think this may actually be crazy enough to absolutely not fucking work at all
                      Lool, just tossing an idea around while dropping a hefty work dump.

Comment

• This thread is like the Trench Wars Festivus table.

My two cents:
                        I think we all agree that captains should play their best available lineup and that not everyone has the time/skill/ability to climb from a 6* to a 7* or a 7* to an 8*. The only reason 7* players are used is because the rules force it. This is a good thing.

Despite Claushouse's elitist "git gud or quit" attitude, it's a good thing to force teams in TWDT to play upper-mid-tier players. For one thing, it brings new players into the fold (ie: blt_12 a season or two ago). It also, in my opinion, helps to force more-balanced lines. This "the 6* player goes 3-10 and ruins the fun for the 10* player" argument is a straw man. If the 10* were worth their stars, 4v5 wouldn't matter. Having the star cap means you trade your ability to play your 10* player with your ability to have a more-balanced line. There have been TWDTD teams that have found massive success by playing all-8* lineups or something close to it. At the end of the day, it falls on the captain to make the best lineup. If your 10* can't carry your 6*, then your 10* really isn't doing their job.

TWL exists for the tryhards of the zone. TWDT exists to give people who have played this game for more than a decade (let's be real, there are very few "newbs" left) but are not Top 30 players the opportunity to play in a competitive league (and I define competitive here as mostly-evenly matched, not as the best possible lineups facing each other). Anyone talking about getting rid of star caps or whatever else is basically trying to create another safe space for the zone's top 50 people.

It boils down to this: TWL is the opportunity for the claushouse's of the zone to demonstrate how amazingly better they are than everyone else. TWDT is an opportunity for a semi-competitive league with a modicum of parity and a broader appeal. Why change that?
                        Last edited by Vehicle; 04-20-2021, 10:29 AM.
                        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                        Message has been sent to online moderators
                        2:BLeeN> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>no
                        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                        2:BLeeN> ok then no
                        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                          It boils down to this: TWL is the opportunity for the claushouse's of the zone to demonstrate how amazingly better they are than everyone else. TWDT is an opportunity for a semi-competitive league with a modicum of parity and a broader appeal. Why change that?
                          It's the same reason why some people stack lineups with borrows in TWD while other people try to borrow and allow borrows in ways that make both teams an even match. Some people don't like adversity I guess. They just want to coast to wins, because nothing else matters to them besides that easy victory.

It's a microcosm of personality types.
                          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• i dun undirstind how griwn men cud complain about fair teams and not think ne team they r on is the bist. once u get called a p1ssy when u r 6 yrs old for cryink about team fairniss in gym cliss/house league soccir don't u learn ur lessin that talkink about parity/fairniss automatically makes u a sub par playir/athlete n u disgrice ur fimily by wishing for things 2 b fair

Comment

• Originally posted by viop11 View Post
                              i dun undirstind how griwn men cud complain about fair teams and not think ne team they r on is the bist. once u get called a p1ssy when u r 6 yrs old for cryink about team fairniss in gym cliss/house league soccir don't u learn ur lessin that talkink about parity/fairniss automatically makes u a sub par playir/athlete n u disgrice ur fimily by wishing for things 2 b fair
                              You were the fat kid in gym class, weren't you?
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• yeah, nothing says afraid of competition like being one of the 11 people to win as a 10* under the star cap system the last 6 seasons. or making 9 twdt-b finals. or winning both basing cups. you know, all the draft leagues with parity.

Vehicle keep your dumb, bullshit assumptions about me to yourself. i don't hang my hat on TWL, i didn't create the format, and ive never been involved in running it.

i've repeatedly stated i view TWL-only players who stack as incomplete players who can't carry and get it done in draft leagues.

i said 6*s are broken and undermine the fun and fairness of the league because they don't scale with the 7* to 10*s and should be changed. and if you can't fix it, then go back to a different format.

i've consistently pushed back against running TWL often and making the schedule long. every attempt i've made to change the format to make it more draft-like has been shot down.

i'd much rather play leagues with spread out talent. i just don't want to have fucking weights tied around my ankles because the 6* stars are worth way less than their face value. it's annoying averaging 57-5 in terr over 18 games and missing the playoffs by 1 win because your 6*s go 1-10 in TWDT-D and TWDT-J every game and completely throw. and it happens to teams over and over and over. that's not parity. that's a ridiculously broken system.
                                top 100 basers list

Comment

Working...
                                X