No announcement yet.

Mother's day - NO POSTPONEMENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many of you haven't missed a TWL in 20 straight years. Some of you don't even have jobs. Stop pretending like mother's day is going to change anything for you now. If real life responsibility gets in the way of you playing, then realize that it has gotten in the way of the vast majority of players from playing for years. You are not a special snowflake. Either tell your mom you love her before/after TWL, or just stay in the basement and scream at her for your tendies like it's a normal day.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Dwopple View Post
      Dreamwin is right, it's a shitty situation, and not everyone will agree. Bottom line, we're not postponing anything, or pushing back Finals weekend from this point forward.​​
      For those of us who aren't that smart, can we get some reasoning besides, because we said so, or the schedule was done already and we abide by google docs and can't change, please? example....

-May 23rd, half the league is gone (dead), thus we can not play 1 week later or ever again
      -Another league is starting on the 23rd, which is also a permanent placeholder and people will literally implode if it doesnt start then....so to keep people alive, we must play now
      -The bots will explode and never be usable again if we change the date

or use common sense.... a majority of people in the US, which is a high percentage of the participants, have mothers / wives and would like not to plan around Trench Wars Leavemyfamily?

Ask yourself this...are any of the people against this schedule move A) american B) married C) live near their mother in america D) in playoffs still? If not, i don't think you should be using their opinion so strongly.

Smart thing to do would be see who's not coming from the 5 squads on the 9th as opposed to 23rd and see how we can get the most competitive Semis/finals we can without being lazy and saying no for the sake of saying no.

Last edited by Tiny; 05-04-2021, 02:21 PM. Reason: Exalt option D) added
      1:waven> u challenge
      1:waven> if i challenge it looks too scary

Originally posted by MHz
      Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
        Many of you haven't missed a TWL in 20 straight years. Some of you don't even have jobs. Stop pretending like mother's day is going to change anything for you now. If real life responsibility gets in the way of you playing, then realize that it has gotten in the way of the vast majority of players from playing for years. You are not a special snowflake. Either tell your mom you love her before/after TWL, or just stay in the basement and scream at her for your tendies like it's a normal day.
        Exalt hasnt sniffed a semi's much less a fart from anyone who's been in a semis/finals and its not considered in this conversation as he is eliminated. Please consider people involved and not people offering comments not involved.

Originally posted by MHz
        Hope you contract ebola from your, no doubt cheap, Easter Egg, you fucking shit-jav, pug-faced cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiny View Post

Exalt hasnt sniffed a semi's much less a fart from anyone who's been in a semis/finals and its not considered in this conversation as he is eliminated. Please consider people involved and not people offering comments not involved.
          I've had what's called a job and a real life my friend. There are reasons I've quit this game over the years more times than you've left mom's basement.

I will also say that there are only 4 squads in semi's/finals, and of those squads, almost none of those players have quit for an extended period of time. Not even vys did so when lifebanned, since he just played on an alias. 90% of trenchwars are not on those 4 stacked squads, making the notion that the entire game continue to shut down due to a tiny fraction of the playerbase and nobody else should have any say not only ridiculous, but laughably stupid.

You'd probably have a better perspective on things if you logged off once in a while and took a shower. You'd probably use sniffing analogies in sentences less as well.
          RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
          RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Like I said in the other post, I would be willing to postpone the season by a week, as long as we get to reschedule twlb finals (assuming silence makes it) by multiple weeks after that. I’m on vacation May 22 to May 30. There’s zero percent chance of me showing on May 23 or May 30. When I signed up to play this season, I didn’t think this would be a problem because past seasons had much shorter schedules. Once the schedule was announced, it still worked with my vacation so I decided to play. When there was discussion about postponing the whole schedule for a week due to Easter, I debated quitting the season because it would screw silence for me to show every week and then miss finals (again assuming we make it). It would have been better for silence to figure out how to replace me in season rather than for the finals. Dwop/Vys were able to work it out, though, and appease all at that time. It would be a shame to screw my squad over because a bunch of people didn’t look at a schedule that has been posted for 3 months and just decided to fight it now. I think it’s reasonable to reschedule within the guidelines outlined by dwopple without delaying the finals date. The game can be played Saturday, or any night either this week or next without screwing the finals schedule.

If the finals were ultimately pushed back a week and silence were to make twlb finals, I would then push for the twlb final to be played sometime before May 22 or after May 30 citing the same competitive balance issue your using for the Mother’s Day delay. I would argue that losing a starting shark is more damning to a squad in 2021 than losing 2 spiders.

Tiny - I have a mother, mother in law, and wife with a 1 year old son. Sunday isn’t a big deal. Brunch with my mom in the morning, dinner with my wife at night. Big gap from 1 pm to 6 pm to shoot spaceships.
            Dice
            TWLB Champions Season 8
            TWLJ Champions Season 8
            TWLB Champions Season 10
            TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Im empathetic to you a2m, but your arguement is for 1 shark, mine is for a collective group. I would not be on here arguing if I was the only person with difficulties on mother's day.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

For those of us who aren't that smart, can we get some reasoning besides, because we said so, or the schedule was done already and we abide by google docs and can't change, please? example....

-May 23rd, half the league is gone (dead), thus we can not play 1 week later or ever again
                -Another league is starting on the 23rd, which is also a permanent placeholder and people will literally implode if it doesnt start then....so to keep people alive, we must play now
                -The bots will explode and never be usable again if we change the date

or use common sense.... a majority of people in the US, which is a high percentage of the participants, have mothers / wives and would like not to plan around Trench Wars Leavemyfamily?

Ask yourself this...are any of the people against this schedule move A) american B) married C) live near their mother in america D) in playoffs still? If not, i don't think you should be using their opinion so strongly.

Smart thing to do would be see who's not coming from the 5 squads on the 9th as opposed to 23rd and see how we can get the most competitive Semis/finals we can without being lazy and saying no for the sake of saying no.
                Sure, I was typing from my phone earlier.

I did think about all of this, and discussed it w/ vys. Your "smart thing to do" proposal is (in my opinion) a great approach for early-mid season as it benefits the majority and the risks are relatively low, however, this late in the season it's my opinion fairness takes priority. That is, others have already pointed out just how long this schedule has been in place, and people have already made post TWL-season plans; that, and pushing things until both teams have their "perfect" lineup isn't something I'm even interested in entertaining. Further, the longer TWL runs means the longer subsequent leagues get pushed back and the longer TWD & the zone continue to suffer from reduced activity. TWL-burnout is real.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, If captains are interested in rescheduling they can work together to find a favorable time that works for them and we will honor it, but we're not forcefully postponing anything at this point if both teams can't come to an agreement for reasons we've already stated. I'm open to allowing the same rescheduling flexibility for any Finals matches, even allowing them to be rescheduled for dates later than May 16th if both teams agree to it. The only real risk in teams scheduling their own match times is a greater potential for lower-spectator turnout, but forcefully rescheduling or postponing things at this point is way too unfair to individuals and teams who already made plans around it, and I have no interest in intentionally dragging this season out longer.

zidane> big play
                Omega Red> dwop sick
                mr mime> its called an orca smash u uncultured fk
                WillBy> ^^

1:Chief Utsav> LOL
                1:Rule> we dont do that here.

cripple> can u get pregnant if u cum in gf's ass

Comment

Sure, I was typing from my phone earlier.

I did think about all of this, and discussed it w/ vys. Your "smart thing to do" proposal is (in my opinion) a great approach for early-mid season as it benefits the majority and the risks are relatively low, however, this late in the season it's my opinion fairness takes priority. That is, others have already pointed out just how long this schedule has been in place, and people have already made post TWL-season plans; that, and pushing things until both teams have their "perfect" lineup isn't something I'm even interested in entertaining. Further, the longer TWL runs means the longer subsequent leagues get pushed back and the longer TWD & the zone continue to suffer from reduced activity. TWL-burnout is real.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, If captains are interested in rescheduling they can work together to find a favorable time that works for them and we will honor it, but we're not forcefully postponing anything at this point if both teams can't come to an agreement for reasons we've already stated. I'm open to allowing the same rescheduling flexibility for any Finals matches, even allowing them to be rescheduled for dates later than May 16th if both teams agree to it. The only real risk in teams scheduling their own match times is a greater potential for lower-spectator turnout, but forcefully rescheduling or postponing things at this point is way too unfair to individuals and teams who already made plans around it, and I have no interest in intentionally dragging this season out longer.
                  1) I said tell me good reasoning apart from the schedule has been out...thats not good reasoning at all
                  2) they can make plans for this weekend
                  3) the new league hasnt been announced and the sign ups for that will not be affected by this at all as it will take a month for sign ups
                  4) who the fuck has made plans for 23rd that cant be changed, i would like to see that list compared to the mother's day list

your reasoning is dogshit

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

1) I said tell me good reasoning apart from the schedule has been out...thats not good reasoning at all
                    2) they can make plans for this weekend
                    3) the new league hasnt been announced and the sign ups for that will not be affected by this at all as it will take a month for sign ups
                    4) who the fuck has made plans for 23rd that cant be changed, i would like to see that list compared to the mother's day list

your reasoning is dogshit
                    Thanks for your opinion. You aren't required to agree with me.

Next?
                    zidane> big play
                    Omega Red> dwop sick
                    WillBy> ^^

Comment

The best response would be, we dont want to put time and effort into making changing that would positively impact the outcome, and then we can move on. statistically it's the right call to move it as more are affected by this weekend than the 23rd. with small rosters and 5 teams playing in 3 divisions, you should be looking for the most people's availability...there is a group that...A) can show any day B) cant show on the 23rd, but lets be realistic...they may not even win and be there on the 23rd C) people who can't show this weekend d) can show any day, but have players than may or may not show, so they are going to vote against it. You need to figure out which is best and not this bullshit what's done is done. we didnt wait a year, and play all season, for weak ass decisions.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

Thanks for your opinion. You aren't required to agree with me.

Next?
                        Thats what someone with 0 reasoning would say. thanks for your lackluster response.

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

tiny if u really want it to happen just ask ease to agree with you, god knows this clown would change his tune real quick

Comment

Id be down to play during wk if sai/renzi can't make it. I'm not sure tho with euros cuz I work til 8est m-f and til 530ish usually on saturday. Yea idk what a gud solution is.
                            TRENCH WARS BILLIONAIRE
                            (THX TO CHEECHOO/JURASSIC/EKKO/CUBONE27/BOMBED/SPOOKEDONE/AS BLOOD RUNS BLACK/GENERAL CHANG/LF/SPRACKLE/TEMUJIN/MERCEDES)
                            PRO FESTIVAL BUYERS:HAWTHORNE/PUREOWNAGE
                            AND OFC DUEL2 PARTNER CRIPPLE

Comment

Originally posted by zidane View Post
                              tiny if u really want it to happen just ask ease to agree with you, god knows this clown would change his tune real quick
                              LoL yuh, was trying reason, not brute force attack

Originally posted by MHz

Comment

The best response would be, we dont want to put time and effort into making changing that would positively impact the outcome, and then we can move on. statistically it's the right call to move it as more are affected by this weekend than the 23rd. with small rosters and 5 teams playing in 3 divisions, you should be looking for the most people's availability...there is a group that...A) can show any day B) cant show on the 23rd, but lets be realistic...they may not even win and be there on the 23rd C) people who can't show this weekend d) can show any day, but have players than may or may not show, so they are going to vote against it. You need to figure out which is best and not this bullshit what's done is done. we didnt wait a year, and play all season, for weak ass decisions.
                                Remember 3-4 weeks before TWDT ended and I approached you to run TWL and you flat out said no because you were unhappy about some previous, completely unrelated staff decision? OOHF.

​​​​​​You're entitled to your own opinions and whatever forum flaming helps you sleep at night, but I do find it hilarious you're bitching now when you had the chance to run this season and provide your own "best responses" to every disagreement or "great idea."

You aren't required to agree with me. I'm not trying to please everyone. I fully believe at this point in the season the schedule is well known, and intentionally altering that would be more unfair than not, regardless of whatever statistics you feel should be the deciding factor.

I'm sorry the volunteers aren't living up to your expectations, but I encourage you, and anyone else to organize and run your own league in the future with whatever flavor you desire.
                                zidane> big play
                                Omega Red> dwop sick
                                WillBy> ^^

Comment

Working...
                                X