TWL 24 FINALS HYPE THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free saiyan!

much worse things are said on a daily basis that go unpunished, and they especially don't result in diminishing the competitive integrity of TWL finals. Posting a guy's name in a forum that's visited by less than a hundred people is practically less public than saying a guy's name in pub, seems like an overreaction. A forum mod could have edited his post and then warned him about it, not a 30 day zone ban for something that happened on forums. I don't remember a ban ever happening like this days before TWL finals...

I'm sure Creature would rather play saiyan too

Comment

It would be shameful not to let him play the finale, for something so trivial. I am only a spectator but I boycott if Saiyan is not allowed to play.

Comment

This incident was handled in accordance with how we handle every single instance of this sort of thing in the past.

That said, I see there are extenuating circumstances that impact a great deal of the zone and what many would argue is one of, if not the most, important weekend in the calendar year of the zone that continues to breath life into this game.

The incident is under review and a final decision made today. Standby.
        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
        TWLJ Champion Season 11
        TWLB All-Star Season 10
        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

the value of the competitive integrity of this game is infinitely more valuable than the integrity of this game as a moderated AOL chat room - i hope the decision is made accordingly.

The Mind of the Father
          Riding on the subtle guiders
          Which glitter with the inflexible tracings
          Of relentless Fire

Comment

So here's the deal, folks... my initial reaction to this entire thing was to treat it like any other case involving any other person. It's sort of in my nature to not give a shit if you're the best player in the zone or the worst player in the zone - sharing personal information on a publicly accessible platform of any kind is not acceptable. Many of you have reached out to try to justify or sugarcoat his actions as not a big deal. Unfortunately, you're wrong - it is a big deal. I know plenty of veteran players are open with each other regarding their names, location, and even communicate on major social media platforms. Great, but that's all examples of consensual exchange of personal information. This wasn't, and it's not acceptable, no matter how much you want to downplay it.

But of course, he's a great player, and he made the idiotic decision of doing this in the days leading up to TWL finals. I know none of you probably care, but let me just say I find it personally gross how some of you people who are undoubtedly grown adults with families of your own at this point stomped your feet and threw tantrums. Refusing to play without him? If any of you are parents, you must be the ones who give their kid a lollipop to stop their tantrum in the grocery store. See, I'm more the type to walk away until they lock it up.

But since this entire game and the role I play in staff revolves around supervising grown man-children, I'm forced to take into account that there isn't much of a game left at all if I don't consider the impact this has on a lot of other players and the integrity of a league you all have been playing for weeks and working to advance in. There is another way to work around this and not compromise the league for all the other players.

So, here's your lollipop. Saiyan is going to be unbanned once I finish typing this post. He has been issued a silence that will expire in 48 hours from now, so leading up to the TWL finals. He will be allowed to play the TWL finals silence-free. After the finals are over, he will be issued a fresh zone ban. This way, TWL finals are not impacted from a competitive standpoint. But he still needs to answer for it.

I'm trusting that those of you who had meltdowns over this will keep him in line for the few hours that he is unsilenced leading up to the finals. If he causes problems in that time frame and breaks rules, this can all change.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
            TWLJ Champion Season 11
            TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

how you know if the saiyan on forum is the same saiyan in game
              ?

cripple> if u had a better connection u wouldnt be good

Comment

Originally posted by Skatarius View Post
                how you know if the saiyan on forum is the same saiyan in game
                Takes one minute to cross-reference IP address.

Duel Pasta> great

TWLB Champion Season 12
                TWLJ Champion Season 11
                TWLB All-Star Season 10

Comment

Originally posted by Voth View Post
                  So here's the deal, folks... my initial reaction to this entire thing was to treat it like any other case involving any other person. It's sort of in my nature to not give a shit if you're the best player in the zone or the worst player in the zone - sharing personal information on a publicly accessible platform of any kind is not acceptable. Many of you have reached out to try to justify or sugarcoat his actions as not a big deal. Unfortunately, you're wrong - it is a big deal. I know plenty of veteran players are open with each other regarding their names, location, and even communicate on major social media platforms. Great, but that's all examples of consensual exchange of personal information. This wasn't, and it's not acceptable, no matter how much you want to downplay it.

But of course, he's a great player, and he made the idiotic decision of doing this in the days leading up to TWL finals. I know none of you probably care, but let me just say I find it personally gross how some of you people who are undoubtedly grown adults with families of your own at this point stomped your feet and threw tantrums. Refusing to play without him? If any of you are parents, you must be the ones who give their kid a lollipop to stop their tantrum in the grocery store. See, I'm more the type to walk away until they lock it up.

But since this entire game and the role I play in staff revolves around supervising grown man-children, I'm forced to take into account that there isn't much of a game left at all if I don't consider the impact this has on a lot of other players and the integrity of a league you all have been playing for weeks and working to advance in. There is another way to work around this and not compromise the league for all the other players.

So, here's your lollipop. Saiyan is going to be unbanned once I finish typing this post. He has been issued a silence that will expire in 48 hours from now, so leading up to the TWL finals. He will be allowed to play the TWL finals silence-free. After the finals are over, he will be issued a fresh zone ban. This way, TWL finals are not impacted from a competitive standpoint. But he still needs to answer for it.

I'm trusting that those of you who had meltdowns over this will keep him in line for the few hours that he is unsilenced leading up to the finals. If he causes problems in that time frame and breaks rules, this can all change.
                  Common sense prevails. Thanks.
                  Best warbird to ever enter trenchwars

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
                    ?squadowner SILENCE???
                    To help nourish and blossom an idea, sometimes names, are just that, names. Yes, we are all unique and the equal at same time but more than the individual they represent an ideal, a way of life, or a firm belief to propel it to this elusive pink coloured sky.

In this case, this ideal....Bum Bum Tam Tam as my brazilian partner in crime would say.

Im sorry dear sir, Bum Bum Tam Tam?

Yes, Bum Bum Tam Tam.

Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
                    Your friend,
                    ​​Papi
                    ​​​​​

Comment

Where is this rule even listed? I can’t find it anywhere.
                      In game alias: mvp

twdt-b 2017 finalist
                      twlb 2020 and 2023 champ cheerleader
                      twdt-b 2020 and 2021 champ

Comment

Shouldn't he be getting a 30 day forum ban instead of a 30 day zone ban? Why are they linked when they are entirely separate platforms?
                        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                        X