No announcement yet.

TWLB-Most boring season ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A weasel will never be useful as long as the bot announces shipchanges to the arena.

EDIT: Also, shipchanges aren't allowed in TWLB so no one is going to risk that.
    Last edited by Stabwound; 08-23-2004, 02:10 PM.
    sdg

Comment

The cram isn't boring, its just 4 spiders is more entertaining
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
        A weasel will never be useful as long as the bot announces shipchanges to the arena.

EDIT: Also, shipchanges aren't allowed in TWLB so no one is going to risk that.
        I think the point is that a small weasel could cause problems for holding a cram. The terr would no longer be able to just sit still (at least all the time). He'd be the only one that would be able to take out the cloaker.

I think TWBD should be changed to allow levis and weasels, with pub settings. Just to give teams a chance to play with the possibilities.

llater,
        Tony B

Comment

Originally posted by Stabwound
          I've said this over and over, but instead of making a quick patchup that doesn't really fix the problem, it should actually be carefully looked at and tweaked.

There is a reason that people opt to go with 5 spiders. It is because they are always a useful ship; a warbird or jav can easily be nullified by the other team. I think if the spider was tweaked to make it a bit LESS useful, people might voluntarily go with a warbird or jav. Maybe the spider needs to be a bit less powerful. Maybe it needs to have a slower rate of fire. Maybe it needs to take more energy per shot. All of these things should be looked at, instead of doing a quick hack job like throwing down a 4 spider limit.
          ^^ slower recharge or bigger energy consumption per shot sounds very good

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
          The cram isn't boring, its just 4 spiders is more entertaining
          Yes a jav and wb makes the game more entertaining. Big booms are always effective (same as in ice-hockey, people like to see hard tackles and stuff). And the warbid adds this new dimension of terrkills that you didn't expect (as in if a team is totally dominating a FR battle and then the terr gets sniped).
          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
          5: Da1andonly> =((
          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Levi bomb radius is out of the reach of shark repels though no? Meaning that cram, or even line might be useless. While some of you might be saying, "Awesome, let's do it," do you not think that the defender should have a slight advantage (as in a real trench war, or anything).

Comment

Yes but by adding a levi you also add a new vulnerability to your team. When the levi dies it is effectively out of the fight for a long while, because your team simply cannot devote the time or energy to ensuring it gets greened again. This means you're left with a ship that has to fight its way back up to the base, and also the attacking team must back off when the levi bombs, so if the defenders notice they can back off as well. Also on defense the levi would need to find a way of shooting so that the sharks don't rep its bombs and kill its own defense.

I think the TWD offseason would be a nice time to at least play with these ideas and see if they might work
              Erathia> Attention the fort! Surrender and die!
              Melufa> don't you mean surrender or die?
              Erathia> No... no... I don't see that one working at all...

Comment

I agree with PaulO that it makes sense that the defenders should have an advantage of "digging in". That's what trench wars is all about. What's the point of a base if it's not defendable? For non-space ship game battles at least.

My fear of the levi would be that it would make basing sloppy- it would be nice if the skill level of basing had an upward trend (as in away from pub). Of course levi will probably just go unused in TWL anyway. Unless Pallies invents the lone elephant or something.

Comment

Cig the reason why the cram wasnt as strong as last season.. because last season was the first season i see squads doing "cram" (correct me if i'm wrong).. many squads didnt know how to fight against that last season... during the off-season, squads had time to figure out how to beat a cram and practise.. therefore easier for a cram to fail this season..
                  9 TWL Titles - 5 TWLJ 3 TWLD 1 TWLB

4:Akuun> Did Neth tell u about his Sims game?
                  4:Nimrook> No?
                  4:Nethila> omfg.. i have babies with your girl in Sims!
                  4:Nimrook> ooo.. well i understand Neth, it's not your fault that u cannot make real ones.. cause u were born like that.. i guess u will have to make babies in your Sims game
                  4:Akuun> ROFL
                  4:Akuun> Hahahahahaha
                  4:Thundermare> Neth = owned
                  4:Nimrook> lol

3:Zell> popped boners a couple of times, couldnt aim at the cue ball

Comment

Originally posted by Erathia
                    Yes but by adding a levi you also add a new vulnerability to your team. W
                    We still lack a ship that shoot direct killing bombs (unless you count spikey sharks) the levi could take a part in basing if it would be a bit like the javelin, but with a bomb without a bounce and maybe a bit faster bomb. I think it would make the cram more vulnerable to bombs. But we have to face it, base is just to small for the insane L4 bombs with giga radius...
                    You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrook
                      Cig the reason why the cram wasnt as strong as last season.. because last season was the first season i see squads doing "cram" (correct me if i'm wrong).. many squads didnt know how to fight against that last season... during the off-season, squads had time to figure out how to beat a cram and practise.. therefore easier for a cram to fail this season..
                      no, the reason its not as strong is because the respawn time was raised, so it's harder for sharks to time.

I hope nobody starts fucking with the good ships... they're fine. if you want to fix a weasel or something that's already broken, I don't have a problem with that, but sharks, terr, spids, jav and wb should be left alone. The thing I don't understand is why shipchanges aren't allowed. That could add a whole new element to strategy.
                      http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by Zerzera
                        We still lack a ship that shoot direct killing bombs (unless you count spikey sharks) the levi could take a part in basing if it would be a bit like the javelin, but with a bomb without a bounce and maybe a bit faster bomb. I think it would make the cram more vulnerable to bombs. But we have to face it, base is just to small for the insane L4 bombs with giga radius...
                        Not a bad idea.. take the levi.. weaken the bomb and speed up the ship.
                        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                          no, the reason its not as strong is because the respawn time was raised, so it's harder for sharks to time.
                          It's not that it's harder for sharks to time, because you can still pull off a succesful rotation, but because the spawn time was increased, the rotation is much less effective.

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
                            They should just give the squads shipchanges
                            AGreed!!!! I think every squad or atleast 3/4 of them would try a specialty ship (jav/wb/lanc) if they had a change. Its to risky to start with a wb/jav and him not doin well or the other team making it so he cant get many shots off. If u have the change you'll see more squads risking a wb/jav and if it doesnt work then change it to 5 spids but atleast it'd be part of the match with some specialty ships. TWD has it and it works well, TWL should have it too. I dont even know the reason why there isnt atleast 1 ship change.
                            _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

Working...
                            X