Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
    hahaha where the hell did this come from
    Apperently I don't know the proper usage of a commar.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Holy shit! Is this 2003 again?
      sdg

Comment

Yeah, earlier this season I also had the pleasure of finding out pascone is simply put, a blunt asshole. As a captain, not even from an old squad, you shouldn't expect a TWL staffer to respond in the same respectful manner as you approach him with.
        After our appeal, I also had to wait a full week, then go search myself for answers. In the end that means you get directed to Pascone, and when you then question TWL staff's reasoning for why they decided to turn down your appeal, he simply reacts aggrivated and continues to respond by simply calling your squad's captains bad and incapable compared to himself.
        Grand response, just the kind of response I expect from a TWL staffer who I've never been on a squad with let alone have ever spoken to, yet somehow knows exactly how we've kept our squad competitive and running for over 5 years. Most likely by having bad and incapable captains indeed!

I refuse to join the same boat as Izor, so I decided not to make a big fuss about the appeal being turned down, in the end if we could've pracced more/played better so our playoff chances would be better right now.

However I find it 'unfortunate' that TWL Staff doesn't care one bit about their image and show very little respect to those who've contributed a lot to this league. If an old squad like Disoblige or Syndicate sends in a politely/formally written appeal, it's common courtesy to 1) notify that the appeal has been recieved and is being looked at 2) explain in the same polite way why it's accepted/turned down. It shouldn't be normal to 1) ignore the squads, and 2) react in by saying: "it's turned down, it's your captains fault, get capable captains."

But maybe I've gotten too old for this and shouldn't expect this kind of communication in this game

Comment

lol commar.
          carpe diem

Comment

Originally posted by Dabram View Post
            Yeah, earlier this season I also had the pleasure of finding out pascone is simply put, a blunt asshole. As a captain, not even from an old squad, you shouldn't expect a TWL staffer to respond in the same respectful manner as you approach him with.
            After our appeal, I also had to wait a full week, then go search myself for answers. In the end that means you get directed to Pascone, and when you then question TWL staff's reasoning for why they decided to turn down your appeal, he simply reacts aggrivated and continues to respond by simply calling your squad's captains bad and incapable compared to himself.
            Grand response, just the kind of response I expect from a TWL staffer who I've never been on a squad with let alone have ever spoken to, yet somehow knows exactly how we've kept our squad competitive and running for over 5 years. Most likely by having bad and incapable captains indeed!

I refuse to join the same boat as Izor, so I decided not to make a big fuss about the appeal being turned down, in the end if we could've pracced more/played better so our playoff chances would be better right now.

However I find it 'unfortunate' that TWL Staff doesn't care one bit about their image and show very little respect to those who've contributed a lot to this league. If an old squad like Disoblige or Syndicate sends in a politely/formally written appeal, it's common courtesy to 1) notify that the appeal has been recieved and is being looked at 2) explain in the same polite way why it's accepted/turned down. It shouldn't be normal to 1) ignore the squads, and 2) react in by saying: "it's turned down, it's your captains fault, get capable captains."

But maybe I've gotten too old for this and shouldn't expect this kind of communication in this game
            Quoted for truth.
            Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

1) as a TWLB squad, (any most of you have played TWLB in previous seasons), you should know what a flag jupe is.

2) as a TWLB squad, you should know how to prevent/not create a flag jupe

3) when a flag is juped, having ONE player on the flag is more than enough. To be honest, not having anyone on the flag is a better solution. Instead of concentrating on getting the juped flag to change color, you should have concentrated on not letting the other team into FR. What's the point of having 3, 4 guys on the flag? Even if you get the flag back, by the time it gets changed, your enemy is more than likely into the FR again since you only have 4 ppl holding a cram.

It was a bad decision on your part to have more than 1 person sitting on the flag, waiting for it to change. If you didnt do that and allowed BC to get in FR before the game was over, the result of the appeal would have been totally different.

Is this a clear enough explanation?
              1 + 1 = 1

Comment

Kill yourself, Metal Headz.

Comment

Originally posted by eelam <tw> View Post
                  Eph's argument makes no sense. Here's why, he is comparing it to a female being raped, but the thing is the female is being forced into having sexual relations, but no one forced your teammate to the ram the mine on top of the flag causing a flag jupe. Also, no matter what you say, you can not argue about the fact that your teammate rammed the mine by himself without anyone forcing him to. Thus, making it your teams fault and is not grounds for an appeal.
                  zomg, this kills me to say but..

I agree with Eelam...

OMG SHOOT ME PLZ
                  1:Blasphemy> if ur gonna put a jav in line
                  1:Blasphemy> we gotta have people like eelam and kian in
                  1:Blasphemy> from the beginning

1:exquisite> u know whats wierd
                  1:exquisite> having ur dad talk to u on AIM
                  1:exquisite> like zzzzz
                  1:Ease> you think thats wierd?
                  1:exquisite> ya
                  1:Ease> try skipping school
                  1:Ease> and having ur mom IM you
                  1:Kian> LOL EASE
                  1:Collusion> LOOL
                  1:exquisite> LOL

Comment

I just love how these threads are still neccesary because TWL staff is so poor at communicating with it's player base. This forum exsists for a reason, try using it.

I also love metal headz post, thats pure classic.

oh and nethila, saying "you should know what a flag jupe is" is pretty stupid, as is claiming you should know how to prevent them. Assuming people know things is never smart.
                    The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                    All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

1) 'Epi, I sympathise with your appeal but there's a few grammatical inconsistancies within your above articles which puts me off you.'

- You are using the verb 'is' while talking about more than one object. That also means you should use 'put' later on.
                      - Spelling. inconsistencies*

2) 'Incorrect usage of subordination and the usage of 'and' and commars in this instance is not grammatically acceptable.'

- I don't even need to try.

3) 'Syndicate suck at basing, so let's not get too worked up about it.'

- Even though 'Syndicate' is a squad filled with multiple players the word itself refers to a single entity, so the proper verb here is 'sucks'
                      I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                      I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

only worth reading until everything's been corrected

that being said, keep going.

Comment

lol metalheadz you made more mistakes yourself than you fixed in eph's post
                          1:Da1andonly> korven plays subspace from a 1978 microwave

Grab a piece of paper. Place a dot in the middle of it. Draw a small circle around the dot, and leave the rest open. The dot represents your knowledge. It's what you know. It is the limit of your mind's capacity. The circle around the dot is everything that you don't know - but you know that it exists. And the rest of the paper is everything that you didn't even know that you'd never know - that exists or has the potential to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Nethila View Post
                            1) as a TWLB squad, (any most of you have played TWLB in previous seasons), you should know what a flag jupe is.

2) as a TWLB squad, you should know how to prevent/not create a flag jupe

3) when a flag is juped, having ONE player on the flag is more than enough. To be honest, not having anyone on the flag is a better solution. Instead of concentrating on getting the juped flag to change color, you should have concentrated on not letting the other team into FR. What's the point of having 3, 4 guys on the flag? Even if you get the flag back, by the time it gets changed, your enemy is more than likely into the FR again since you only have 4 ppl holding a cram.

It was a bad decision on your part to have more than 1 person sitting on the flag, waiting for it to change. If you didnt do that and allowed BC to get in FR before the game was over, the result of the appeal would have been totally different.

Is this a clear enough explanation?
                            Uh no.

1) Okay.

2) Uh... how? I've never heard of anyone explaning how to avoid this ever until today.

3) If you're a real baser, you'd realize that even having 1 person not there effectively kills the cram. The cram requires all 8 players unless you're playing vs newbies. As well if no one was at the flag I have no idea how to change the flag back... you'd just be waiting for time to run out and lose.
                            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                            www.animeslice.com

Comment

policy was changed mid-season, so that is unfair to syndicate
                              i'm sure basingcrew worked hard for their 6 min lead so a replay is unfair to them
                              only fair way imo is to replay game, but start clock at 14:20-8:11

Comment

If it isn't obvious to let all syndicate members restart in the cram and all bc members right outside and restart the game from that point with the time that has already been stated then a large majority of staff is even more worthless than I thought. I knew it was a large pack of 14 year olds striving for power but now I can add retarded to that description.

Not that many of us expect anything to come of this, continue with your normal day as elite veteran staff members of trench wars being worshiped by teenage boys pretending to be girls to get on staff and you feeding into it like a fatass attacking a piece of cake.

When I read back over the posts I just sit here and hope for the people arguing against Epi that you're doing this just for fun or to get attention. If that is actually your real thinking process then I honestly feel sorry for you.

Make the right choice, if you're not a fucking retard and have any sense at all you'll see what that is.

Comment

Working...
                                X