Bad job Pascone... bad job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
    Epi, I sympathise with your appeal but there's a few grammatical inconsistancies within your above articles which puts me off you.

Firstly let me make it clear that I would not give a shit about whether you'd made linguistic errors had you not put on this 'intellectual' facade to try and boost the worthiness of your case. However, as you sound and type like a fuckin douche I feel like picking you up. See this as education if you wish.

Let's start from the beginning:
    1) 'I guess I must have missed it because I was so busy lately, and whenever I logged on, no one seemed to know what the decision was.'

- Incorrect usage of subordination and the usage of 'and' and commars in this instance is not grammatically acceptable.

2) 'basingcrew managed to re-enter the flag room, but yet we persisted, hovering over the flag and defending it to the death.'

- See above

3) '. And so the'

- Horrible dude, seriously. You can't start a sentence with 'And'.

4) 'No explaination given, nothing.'

- Sp. explanation
    - The noun 'nothing' acts to negate the previous statement. However, it is a common American colloquialism so I'll let this one go.

5) ' it... but'

- Idiosyncratic misuse of fullstop for which I suppose was intended to emphasise a gap. Very tacky. Work on it.

6) 'completely and catagorically'

- 'Completely' and 'categorically' are effectively synonyms so to use both adjectives simultaneously actually adds very little.
    - Sp. categorically. It's just ironic that you would go out of your way to use another worthless adjective and then mispell it. Jesus you're something else.

Zzz

Syndicate suck at basing, so let's not get too worked up about it.

GG
    And this shows how ignorant metalheadz is, I didn't think you could sink any lower than you already were but I guess I was wrong. I wouldn't be surprised if this post took you over 2 hours... you're using words that you don't even know what it means you just throw them in the sentence. So if you're going to correct someone else's errors make sure you correct your own first. You must not go on the internet much if you don't see grammar errors at all.. but than again you must not go outside much either if you makes posts like this.

Originally posted by MetalHeadz View Post
    It's just ironic that you would go out of your way to use another worthless adjective and then mispell it.
    Btw, you have no room to tell any squad they suck, just because you're on -F- doesn't mean you're good.
    Syndicate - 2 time TWL-D/TWL-J Champions
    Thunder - Season 11 TWL-J Champions
    Amputate - TWEL-J Champion

Comment

I don't understand how anyone can say that people should know about a glitch and know how to prevent it, without either actually being written on any TW website or in game. It's similar to banning someone in TW and when they ask why saying, "well you should have known better."

If you believe flag jupes are a part of the game and it's still a legitimate match when you lose because of one then why isn't it legitimate when you lose because of any other game problems? Server lag, bot error, etc are all game problems and they warrant a replay of the match. If you believe that flag jupes are preventable game glitches then why did the policy around flag jupes need to be changed for TWL only after the flag jupe incident. It doesn't add up, either you believe that flag jupes are a part of the game, tough luck if you flag jupe and so there need not be any intervention that's fine, but don't change the policy as though you believe they should be prevented and then deem a game previously effected by one as legitimate.

My highest hopes for the incident are that it will serve as a wake up call. For something so significant as TWL, it should be run more professionally. Respond to people when they take extra time out to file a legitimate appeal.
      1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
      3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
      3:Best> see it coming
      3:Best> sad

Comment

ok started off reading all posts then i got bored so sorry ><

i was there for that match and also earlier that day i watched a penetrate match that had a real bad jupe to but they won so it wasn't too much of a big deal.

However in the circumstances of the match in question it was ridiculous ! it really did affect the cram as they had won the flag and had time to organise and set up the cram but then since it was a jupe and time was running out some went sat on flag - as time ticked to 0:00 more panicked and went up and they lost cram .. not that it mattered don't think flag was reclamined in 30 secs ..

for me it would be alot fairer if it wasn't fully replayed but let Basing crew keep their time (maybe -minus 1 min) and give syndicate their time (- 2 mins) and let them have cram

now yea that could be open to abuse with people purposely juping the flag ... but you've got a twl op spectating - make a judgement call and post it - with reasons.

If there is a clear mine on flag and a shark without reps thrusts over it dies and jupes flag that is one thing, if terr decides he's the fastest ship and can get to the flag for a spid to detach emp him and get flag is another ... and more likely than not it will be a lag mine etc ... IF your staff and supervising a match these should be the calls you have to make then back them up

Staff is way to insular in my book.

p.s. yes i've played many games and i have a decent idea of what jupes flag and not, but we're not robots and when you've got less than 1 min and just won flag room then its easy to make a minor mistake, its harsh to punish that with 40 secs flag time....
        In my world,
        I am King

sigpic

Comment

as i don't base, i didn't really have much of an opinion in this appeal, as my lack of any experience whatsoever would prevent a legitimate solution as well as the fact that i wasn't even there. thus, the rest of twl staff that has any knowledge of basing took part in the decision. why it is assumed that i was the only one that made a decision on this is beyond me. nonetheless, when i was contacted about it, i tried to give the best answer i could about the situation although i knew little about it. like mentioned already, how do i know that it wasn't juped on purpose to request a replay?...
          violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
          [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

Originally posted by pascone View Post
            as i don't base, i didn't really have much of an opinion in this appeal, as my lack of any experience whatsoever would prevent a legitimate solution as well as the fact that i wasn't even there. thus, the rest of twl staff that has any knowledge of basing took part in the decision. why it is assumed that i was the only one that made a decision on this is beyond me. nonetheless, when i was contacted about it, i tried to give the best answer i could about the situation although i knew little about it. like mentioned already, how do i know that it wasn't juped on purpose to request a replay?...
            As mentioned before it wasn't on purpose many of the people we had in either didn't even know what a flag jupe was, others didn't know what caused it. I can sit here and tell you that nobody on syndicate would intentionally flag jupe but that's really beyond the point that in the future hosts won't distinguish between whether flag jupes are intentional or not, they still treat them the same and so why should this be any different?
            1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P

Comment

As the "Head TWL Operator" shouldn't you have a general knowledge of all 3 leagues? With you saying 'my lack of any experience" just goes to show that this zone is ran by people who know people in high places and not by people who actually have been playing this zone for years and years. With that being said I agree with Epi 100% due to the fact that he's played longer than most of you newbies and it shouldn't be a question to start the game exactly where it left off before the jupe.
              "I'm a fucking walking paradox, no I'm not
              Threesomes with a fucking triceratops, Reptar
              " - Tyler the Creator
              Yonkers video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbZidsgMfw

Comment

re

for reaver, a point that you keep on MISSING is that flag jupes are CAUSED BY your own team, because of THEIR OWN STUPIDITY. Other problems such as bot errors or server dying is out of the player's hands thus they should not be held accountable. Take your head out of your ass and REALIZE THIS FFS. JUPES are caused because of stupid people ramming the mind like idiots. Jupes can be controlled or never really happen if you have smart basers. It is your own fault for your lack of experience in basing thus not knowing how to play the situation. It is like saying its Thunder's fault that they suck at breaking Godly Pandora's cram because they do not know how to and that their should be a guideline on how to break Pandora's cram in TW Site for everyone to view. God, until you can make an argument about how its NOT YOUR OWN TEAM'S FAULT FOR JUPING THE FLAG you have no stance for an appeal. Sheesh, i thought syndicate was smarter than this.
                TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Originally posted by eelam <tw> View Post
                  for reaver, a point that you keep on MISSING is that flag jupes are CAUSED BY your own team, because of THEIR OWN STUPIDITY. Other problems such as bot errors or server dying is out of the player's hands thus they should not be held accountable. Take your head out of your ass and REALIZE THIS FFS. JUPES are caused because of stupid people ramming the mind like idiots. Jupes can be controlled or never really happen if you have smart basers. It is your own fault for your lack of experience in basing thus not knowing how to play the situation. It is like saying its Thunder's fault that they suck at breaking Godly Pandora's cram because they do not know how to and that their should be a guideline on how to break Pandora's cram in TW Site for everyone to view. God, until you can make an argument about how its NOT YOUR OWN TEAM'S FAULT FOR JUPING THE FLAG you have no stance for an appeal. Sheesh, i thought syndicate was smarter than this.
                  Edit: Nm you obviously didn't read my posts above

Comment

idiots

Give Syndicate the rematch.

• When the flag is juped it could be yellow for one member on the team but blue for another member so what neth said in the earlier post about cramming is wrong
                    • Put yourselves in Syndicates shoes, you would be pissed
                    • Flag jupes are the worst thing to happen to TW Basing besides Eelam and Pandora
                    • When its 14:20 and your losing you would ram that mine instead of waiting for a shark to attach (+/- 5 seconds) and rep it costing valuable time.

my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue View Post
                      As the "Head TWL Operator" shouldn't you have a general knowledge of all 3 leagues? With you saying 'my lack of any experience" just goes to show that this zone is ran by people who know people in high places and not by people who actually have been playing this zone for years and years. With that being said I agree with Epi 100% due to the fact that he's played longer than most of you newbies and it shouldn't be a question to start the game exactly where it left off before the jupe.
                      that's why there are two twl head ops, a twl supervisior, and a slew of twl staff members
                      violence> dont talk 2 me until u got 900+fbook friends and can take 1 dribble from the 3 point line n dunk

[Aug 23 03:03] Oops: 1:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life
                      [Aug 23 03:20] money: LOL NOT QUITE VIO BUT 5:siaxis> you try thta ill play possom then reverse roundhouse kick your life

Comment

It is rather obvious that if you are a squad who have played in the same league for OVER 3 FUCKING LONG YEARS, you should know the rules and the structure of how the game goes. Flag jupes have been part of the game ever since time race has been set. It was discovered ever since season 7 if i remember correctly (i was one of the first guys to see a flag jupe, give me some medal). Yes, flag jupes have happened in twl and it is your fucking fault for not knowing AFTER 3 FUCKING YEARS what a flag jupe is in basing. I don't think you guys played a COMPLETE basing game in twd this year yet, and you come complain that because you don't do anything in the basing community, you deserve some sort of good treatment from the staffers who work hard to get that exact same community running?
                        Reaver, i thought you were brighter than that. And you too epinephrine. It is sad to see that from you. Flag jupes even happen in normal ?go base games. Maybe if you played a couple of base games a week (3-4, and they only last 20 mins max), you would have more knowledge of the game you used to lead. This is the whole point that will eventually kill Trench wars ( and subspace) in the next few years.

EDIT: oh sorry, i went to check twd and saw this. Feb 11 vs disoblige. Oh wait, was twl even started then? SHIT. 4 games in total in a 2 months span.
                        You should really just shut up about this syndicate. You don't even care about the basing league, all you care about is your fucking e-dick. Get some fucking street credits before doing these shits.
                        Last edited by Kings; 04-30-2007, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by King's Sword View Post
                          It is rather obvious that if you are a squad who have played in the same league for OVER 3 FUCKING LONG YEARS, you should know the rules and the structure of how the game goes. Flag jupes have been part of the game ever since time race has been set. It was discovered ever since season 7 if i remember correctly (i was one of the first guys to see a flag jupe, give me some medal). Yes, flag jupes have happened in twl and it is your fucking fault for not knowing AFTER 3 FUCKING YEARS what a flag jupe is in basing. I don't think you guys played a COMPLETE basing game in twd this year yet, and you come complain that because you don't do anything in the basing community, you deserve some sort of good treatment from the staffers who work hard to get that exact same community running?
                          Reaver, i thought you were brighter than that. And you too epinephrine. It is sad to see that from you. Flag jupes even happen in normal ?go base games. Maybe if you played a couple of base games a week (3-4, and they only last 20 mins max), you would have more knowledge of the game you used to lead. This is the whole point that will eventually kill Trench wars ( and subspace) in the next few years.

EDIT: oh sorry, i went to check twd and saw this. Feb 11 vs disoblige. Oh wait, was twl even started then? SHIT. 4 games in total in a 2 months span.
                          You should really just shut up about this syndicate. You don't even care about the basing league, all you care about is your fucking e-dick. Get some fucking street credits before doing these shits.

hi my name is waven and i've been playing spaceships for 8 years. this is my first season playing basing league. i played in the game vs bc and am wondering how am i supposed to know about flag juping (sp?) and where can i go to read about it? oh, that's right: nowhere.

for people like you and eelam that are saying we are stupid for ramming the mine or that we should have known about juping, i ask this:

1. how am i, a first season baser, supposed to know about this? is there a TWL rule that says that you have to be an experienced baser that knows all the tricks and nuances to participate in a TWLB game? cause if there is, i guess i shouldn't have been allowed to play and the game should be voided regardless.

2. if i didn't know about this and there is nothing written anywhere about how this occurs, how am i stupid for ramming the mine? eelam i'm really trying to find the logic in your argument. i looked really really hard but am still comin up with nothing. can someone help me

Comment

You're responsible as the person who runs TWL. I don't know who else to blame, because Falk was there and agreed that we got screwed and it was his personal opinion that the appeal would go through smoothly 'depending on what Pascone thought'.

Why the hell would anyone intentionally jupe a flag? The arguments are ridiculous. If we're going to use that argument, then it should be basingcrew's fault for mining the flag in the first place! They should know better than to mine a flag and exploit a game bug! Those cheaters! [I say this sarcastically]

Why you are accusing a long-time TWL squad that has never had any problems nor any reason to cheat of cheating as a TWL Op (and not just some random trash talking player) is beyond me. It's absolutely ridiculous that you would actually accuse a squad with multiple staff members, smods and sysops of doing such a thing without any reason to whatsoever.

There are also endless ways a flag could be juped:
                            1) Someone gets repelled into the flag (oh shit must be intentional!)
                            2) Someone attaches to terrier, detaches then runs into flag accidentally before they can really assess the situation, or they couldn't see it because of explosions or thought it was a teammate mine or whatever
                            3) A lag mine from other team, as they mine the flag, then you run over it, and then you blow up because you didn't see the mine until it blew up thanks to lag

Look I can go on and on about this. It should be quite clear that flag jupes are stupid, and obviously constitute a game error that is not the fault of the people playing the game. It was obviously clear to Nethlia when he decided to tell everyone that flag jupes would now be dealt with by staff during a TWL game if it happened on the other forum. So either staff shouldn't deal with this (because anytime it happens... obviously a team is abusing it on purpose) or you should admit that it IS a problem and try and rectify the problem.

I don't even care about a replay anymore even if we deserve it. We're not going to make the playoffs anyway and I'm not the captain of the squad either. I just don't want problems like this which shouldn't be problems at all resolved for the betterment of the league.
                            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by King's Sword View Post

I know about jupes, I never knew why they were caused. Is this so hard for you to understand? I've had people ask me so many stupid questions about this game over the years as a staff member and former TWL Op that it absolutely boggles my mind when staff actually expects every player to know about something very technical such as how to prevent flag jupes, when they don't even expect their own staff to know about it (so much so that an entire explanation was necessary in the staff forum).
                              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                              www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                                You're responsible as the person who runs TWL. I don't know who else to blame, because Falk was there and agreed that we got screwed and it was his personal opinion that the appeal would go through smoothly 'depending on what Pascone thought'.

Why the hell would anyone intentionally jupe a flag? The arguments are ridiculous. If we're going to use that argument, then it should be basingcrew's fault for mining the flag in the first place! They should know better than to mine a flag and exploit a game bug! Those cheaters! [I say this sarcastically]

Why you are accusing a long-time TWL squad that has never had any problems nor any reason to cheat of cheating as a TWL Op (and not just some random trash talking player) is beyond me. It's absolutely ridiculous that you would actually accuse a squad with multiple staff members, smods and sysops of doing such a thing without any reason to whatsoever.

There are also endless ways a flag could be juped:
                                1) Someone gets repelled into the flag (oh shit must be intentional!)
                                2) Someone attaches to terrier, detaches then runs into flag accidentally before they can really assess the situation, or they couldn't see it because of explosions or thought it was a teammate mine or whatever
                                3) A lag mine from other team, as they mine the flag, then you run over it, and then you blow up because you didn't see the mine until it blew up thanks to lag

Look I can go on and on about this. It should be quite clear that flag jupes are stupid, and obviously constitute a game error that is not the fault of the people playing the game. It was obviously clear to Nethlia when he decided to tell everyone that flag jupes would now be dealt with by staff during a TWL game if it happened on the other forum. So either staff shouldn't deal with this (because anytime it happens... obviously a team is abusing it on purpose) or you should admit that it IS a problem and try and rectify the problem.

I don't even care about a replay anymore even if we deserve it. We're not going to make the playoffs anyway and I'm not the captain of the squad either. I just don't want problems like this which shouldn't be problems at all resolved for the betterment of the league.
                                it is also ridiculous to assume that a squad that has been around for a while wouldn't cheat either. i can't assume anything. (thinking why are you assuming people should know about flag juping). i've already established having very little knowledge about the subject. you seem to be assuming that it's only me and falk that do anything for twl and that's a problem. i think we've already established flag juping is a problem, however, we did not find that there it played enough of a role in this particular game. as it has already been noted of the potential problems that could arise, you already know as you've hinted toward it, that there is indeed something that changed as a result of this game. of course everyone on syndicate will argue otherwise, but they aren't bias of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X