Bad job Pascone... bad job...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad job Pascone... bad job...

So this happened a while ago. I guess I must have missed it because I was so busy lately, and whenever I logged on, no one seemed to know what the decision was. But we [Syndicate] appealed this game a while back, and I just found out that the appeal was denied, with no explaination and when people from our squad tried to approach Pascone, he just ignore them. I just wanted to present the information to see what people think:

Syndicate vs. basingcrew round 5, TWLB

So basingcrew had racked up 14:20 when we managed to capture the flagroom. Unfortunately there was a flag 'jupe' in effect, and the flag didn't actually turn over to us. So 2-3 people ended up staying by the flag trying to touch it at the same time actively showing the host that the flag was juped and hoping that he would do or say something but nothing happened. The flag remained juped and the time ticked away.

With those people missing from the defense, basingcrew managed to re-enter the flag room, but yet we persisted, hovering over the flag and defending it to the death. In fact we never actually lost control of the actual flag itself, but the damn thing never switched over to our side. And so the last seconds ticked off the clock and we lost the game.

The host in the game was none other than TWL-Op Falk, who saw the entire incident and agreed that the game was essentially stolen from us. With that in mind we decided to appeal. There was no whining, no trash talk, nothing. We decided to be professional about it and we quickly sent in an appeal and Falk assured me personally that if they needed, he would talk to Pascone about what happened in the game.

And so we waited. There was never any message given to our squad, aside from a post on the TWL news on the website quite a while later that our appeal was denied.. No explaination given, nothing. Then at the same time, on the TW Staff forum, new instructions were given on how to handle a situation of how to deal with a flag jupe if it occured.

So the flag jupe problem is deemed important enough so that staff has to learn a new way of dealing with it... but not important enough so that an appeal where it was extremely obvious that the flag jupe directly led to the final result of the game was not granted.

Is this fair?
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

The jupe is a part of the game, your players should know not to ram the flag with a mine on it. There really isn't anything that can be done about the jupe without some serious work involved (I've talked to some staff members about it) so it looks like we'll live with it.

Comment

That Leo is so hot right now. Le-yo.

Give them the appeal, or he'll pull his underwear out of his pants with one hand.
      -Dave

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
        The jupe is a part of the game, your players should know not to ram the flag with a mine on it. There really isn't anything that can be done about the jupe without some serious work involved (I've talked to some staff members about it) so it looks like we'll live with it.
        Knowing what something is and actually preventing it from happening are two different things. The fact is, is that many of our players actually didn't know what a flag jupe was before the game, or at least what caused it. It's a glitch in the game and Epi's point was that if the incident didn't warrant an appeal then why did the policy about how to handle it change after the incident?
        1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
        3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
        3:Best> see it coming
        3:Best> sad

Comment

Hey I'm not defending anything about policies (I don't even know them) I'm just saying that in the past that's how it was dealt with. It sucks but there's really no fair way to handle it other than live with the jupe (I also find it very hard to believe your players didn't know about it).

Yes it sucks, but your squad only had 8 minutes so how can staff justify throwing out an entire game where you were convincingly beaten just because your players didn't know a shitty glitch in the game that nobody exploited for their own gain?

Comment

Because if a server crashes at 14:20 - 7:00 the game gets replayed. I dont see how this is any different, considering we didn't purposefully jupe the flag to make us lose the game, nor is there any information out there about how to avoid a jupe. It's completely and catagorically unfair to us that we were denied an appeal due to a game malfunction. There is absolutely no fair way to predict what would have happened if the jupe did not happen.

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

Is it fair that last season several appeals were left unanswered?

Just get over it...

Comment

Actually nobody knows that you didn't purposely jupe the flag to get a replay. I know you didn't but theoretically a team could do that and demand a replay if they knew they were going to lose.

Comment

Aye they could, but why don't we all be cheery and give people the benefit of the doubt?
                  -Dave

Comment

LOL after watching all these kids ignore my appeals its good to see that with us not in the picture other squads are being treated the same way
                    I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                    I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

re

Well, flag jupes are part of the game, and their is nothing you can do about it. Also, it was one of your teammates that juped the flag thus making it your own team's fault. What do you want staff to do, replay the match because one of your stupid teammates decided to ram the FLAG with 40 seconds left for the other team to win? Was a bad judgement call by that player and your team suffered for it. That all their is to it.
                      TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                      TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                      KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                      1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                      1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

Yes Eelam that would make perfect sense except... how the hell does a flag jupe happen anyway? I always thought it was completely random until today when I was told it is not.

And if it's not, why isn't there any information posted anywhere to help teach people these things?

What you're saying is akin to saying 'well it was her fault she got raped, she shouldn't have been out at night past 10'.

My anime blog:
                        www.animeslice.com

Comment

Epi, I sympathise with your appeal but there's a few grammatical inconsistancies within your above articles which puts me off you.

Firstly let me make it clear that I would not give a shit about whether you'd made linguistic errors had you not put on this 'intellectual' facade to try and boost the worthiness of your case. However, as you sound and type like a fuckin douche I feel like picking you up. See this as education if you wish.

Let's start from the beginning:
                          1) 'I guess I must have missed it because I was so busy lately, and whenever I logged on, no one seemed to know what the decision was.'

- Incorrect usage of subordination and the usage of 'and' and commars in this instance is not grammatically acceptable.

2) 'basingcrew managed to re-enter the flag room, but yet we persisted, hovering over the flag and defending it to the death.'

- See above

3) '. And so the'

- Horrible dude, seriously. You can't start a sentence with 'And'.

4) 'No explaination given, nothing.'

- Sp. explanation
                          - The noun 'nothing' acts to negate the previous statement. However, it is a common American colloquialism so I'll let this one go.

5) ' it... but'

- Idiosyncratic misuse of fullstop for which I suppose was intended to emphasise a gap. Very tacky. Work on it.

6) 'completely and catagorically'

- 'Completely' and 'categorically' are effectively synonyms so to use both adjectives simultaneously actually adds very little.
                          - Sp. categorically. It's just ironic that you would go out of your way to use another worthless adjective and then mispell it. Jesus you're something else.

Zzz

Syndicate suck at basing, so let's not get too worked up about it.

GG
                          Last edited by MetalHeadz; 04-29-2007, 05:24 PM. Reason: GG

Comment

Oh shit, I have more material to work with.

Comment

Epi wrote a forum post and not some freaking essay. Besides, he made less grammar and spelling mistakes than you.

Comment

Working...
                              X