No announcement yet.

Base map and cramming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like kuuk said just get rid of the blocks on either side of the fr entrance where the terr sits so the team could be pushed out of cram without a hitch

EDIT: Oh yea and anyone who dosent want a map change most likely hasnt been playing that long. Anyone playing more than two seasons will tell you they want a change
    Dice
    TWLB Champions Season 8
    TWLJ Champions Season 8
    TWLB Champions Season 10
    TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

Originally posted by Ronn View Post
      I think the idea of changing the map is good but not for twlb or twbd. They could bring back the basing world cup and or a basing tournament and change the map each round for that. Would be something new or could be just like some organised event.
      We already have problems with lack of teams for TWLB, and you want to push out another league/cup? We need to do something with what we already have, and improve the core of what our players are playing for instead of adding new leagues/cups.

I've said this many, many times before. Improve what we're already good at, so we atleast can maintain the interest of those who are still playing.
      Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

I would love to have more fr fights also, I might not be that good at that (get all my kills from cram :fear But it is a lot more fun to spider and certainly to shark. I guess it must be more fun for terr to be able to fly arround and do some nice bursts instead of just sitting there.

I do agree though that there may not be that much of change to the flagroom because I find it really good and balanced at the moment. I would suggest the next:

just remove those small tiles so terr's can't enter but bullets and bombs can go through. This makes corner camping and the terr spots unsafe, making it necessary for the team to either all sit in the cram entrance or start lining.

Sorry for my bad english

Comment

I agree with the idea of making cram less of a factor. But it needs to be done the right way, right now battles are very centralized, this makes them very intense and therefore is everything that makes basing fun. If you add many routes to flagroom for example, you scatter the players too much and thus you make it resemble a mid fight which is simply just not as fun. So here are two ideas:

Nerf the shark, probably not a popular idea, but it can be done. Lesser energy would make them easier to kill, or make them lose more energy when attaching.

Make a small change to fr entrance that would make it slightly easier to penetrate.
          TWDTJ Champion Fall Season 2022 (6.5 *)

Comment

well... corner campers can be solved with attacking spiders who camp also (they take those areas very well).
            other things can be solved with spiders and sharks who push forward.

the problem is, if cramming sharks are good and have enough lag to tank, its very very hard to pass them. even if you see 24 shots that he shark eat, he keep repel and push forward, and sometimes even mine or bomb (amazing).

Thought about increasing the size of the base entrance?
            It might solve some issues with cramming.
            Last edited by FarScape; 11-19-2007, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
              We already have problems with lack of teams for TWLB, and you want to push out another league/cup? We need to do something with what we already have, and improve the core of what our players are playing for instead of adding new leagues/cups.

I've said this many, many times before. Improve what we're already good at, so we atleast can maintain the interest of those who are still playing.
              No leagues and if you start changing base you will fuck it up for the players already playing, not "improving and maintaining the interest" rubbish. If you want to test a new map or some changes etc make a cup or something.

Comment

Originally posted by a2m+ View Post
                Like kuuk said just get rid of the blocks on either side of the fr entrance where the terr sits so the team could be pushed out of cram without a hitch

EDIT: Oh yea and anyone who dosent want a map change most likely hasnt been playing that long. Anyone playing more than two seasons will tell you they want a change
                I don't even played two seasons yet, atleast in base, and I want a change already.
                Major Crisis

Comment

Originally posted by Ronn View Post
                  No leagues and if you start changing base you will fuck it up for the players already playing, not "improving and maintaining the interest" rubbish. If you want to test a new map or some changes etc make a cup or something.
                  Rofl you are like the only one who doesn't want a change.. Isn't it clear to you that the base needs a change?
                  Major Crisis

Comment

I don't think that the cram should be abolished completely, but there should be something done to make it an even battle. I personally don't mind the cram fights because it helps build your team up because everyone has to be doing their part; one spider can't do it by him/herself. I also find flagroom fights more enticing, because there is more you have to notice and react to, not just to the hole in the cram.

I don't mind the map that is being used, but i think it could be altered a bit make the cram area bigger for more things to happen.

some suggestions:
                    A bigger entrance so sharks can still do their job but spiders will be more vulnerable (not really my favourite idea, because the entrance is too big imo).

Reduce the size of the bars so there is less space for the spiders to hide, and easier for enemy terriers to fly in.

This one I got bored.

I am all for change, but it doesn't have to be a big revamping of the map, just small changes that will add something different to get basing scene would be nice.
                    duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Cram is easy to crack. People are just too campy today. Rather teach your teamplayers to push first before starting to fuck up the base map. Thank you

Comment

you guys are pussies i say we close the base up entirely and whoever wins the first fr battle moves on

Comment

fr battles are far more enjoyable than cramming, and i'm a guy who actually likes cramming.

here are some ideas i dislike:
                          two entrance bases-they've always rubbed me the wrong way, i think this is the difference between ?go baseing hosted events and legit maps. maybe it's just me and i'm sure i could be persuaded, but i like the way the map looks now.
                          and that's pretty much the only idea i'm really opposed to

some ideas i do like:
                          changing the fr setup-ideas like kuuk's base2 map, flub's map, and even porkjet's map are all pretty good.
                          changing the map each season-the ability to adapt is an important one and i personally think this is a pretty cash one. the more i think about it the more it seems like a good one.

on one hand, something needs to be changed. on the other, too much change can be a bad thing. hopefully we can find a healthy medium.
                          Originally posted by turmio
                          jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                          Originally posted by grand
                          I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                            fr battles are far more enjoyable than cramming, and i'm a guy who actually likes cramming.

here are some ideas i dislike:
                            two entrance bases-they've always rubbed me the wrong way, i think this is the difference between ?go baseing hosted events and legit maps. maybe it's just me and i'm sure i could be persuaded, but i like the way the map looks now.
                            and that's pretty much the only idea i'm really opposed to
                            You are right about this
                            two entrance bases sucks.. then its like all the game fr fight
                            Major Crisis

Comment

Lulz @ some of you using the newb card. I guess it's my forum join date that makes you think it even makes sense, but still, truly epic lulz right thar.

Anyhoo, I've been playing in competitive basing for several years now, and I *GASP* still seem to enjoy the game. I'm just of the opinion that if it isn't broken, don't fix it. I also tend to dislike basing events with multiple entrances or larger single entrances (though that may have more to do with the crowds and the lag they tend to draw), so I'm not too anxious to go to a completely new thing. Kuuk's first idea and some of porker's ideas are pretty good... I just don't see the need. I might change my opinion in the next few seasons, and I might not. I just really enjoy being a spider and playing this game as it is.

EDIT: Holy shit kuuk, sorry for getting you mixed up with Exalt. That's an insult that just cannot be forgiven.
                              Last edited by Tsumetai; 11-19-2007, 05:14 PM.
                              LUE 402 >>> j00
                              Ha ha HA. Not to scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsumetai View Post
                                Here's a suggestion: learn to push effectively with 5 spiders or get a good jav or do whatever you think would work. You do that and you'll be able to break any cram.
                                This is completely incorrect. People say this consistently, but it does NOT work in practice. The only consistent things to break crams are : laggy javs, laggy sharks, a complete imbalance in skill level, and luck. That's it. "Pushing effectively" does not always result in a cram break. It doesn't even work 50% of the time. Look at every match and every cram break. The majority of the time, the reason for the break will be a mistake on the defense or a completely lucky situation on the offense.

llater,
                                Tony

Comment

Working...
                                X