Base map and cramming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
    i dont see what is so dangerous about removing a couple blocks? especially if its for a week or two and only in twbd or hell... use ?go base as a test environment for a few games. if you change the ?go base map for a little bit to feel it out... who are you hurting? dont tell me the ?go base people, theyre worthless anyways. so just grow like 1/4 a testicle. you dont need more than that to try out one small change for a little while.
    Nice straw man thar.
    LUE 402 >>> j00
    Ha ha HA. Not to scale.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronn View Post
      I cant believe anyone is seriously considering this idea. Imagine in football someone said the game is boring in the middle of the park and much better near the goal so they decided to make the pitch basically two goals next to eachother, it would look like some kind of american sport ffs!!!

Trenchwars is not gonna die we dont need to change anything. Youre all just jumping on a bandwagon.

and noah this isnt an fps so stfu
      trenchwars is dying and most of all the basing part of it.
      It used to be ?go base 24/7 and at peak hours also a base2

TWL used to be a competition that only the top squads are supposed to be in. In twlb it's now just already hard to find 12 decent squads that can compete. Me being in twlb has proven enough that any noob can get in it.
      Changes can be good and can bring new people to this game or even bring back oldies. Just like ph said that he wouldn't be bothered anymore with trying since it's just a stupid cram again.

Comment

I like Flub's suggestion, at first sight.

Comment

I think most people agreed before twl started that there is way too many squads in twlb but pascone, the baser he is, thought different.
          Originally posted by Tyson
          There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
          Originally posted by HeavenSent
          Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
          Originally posted by Izor
          Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Cram is so finely balanced atm. It's closed enough to favour the defending team but still sufficiently open to allow skillfull players to bash it.

No change.

Comment

all the non-basers and ppl with cram-only experience should pack their shit and move from this thread.

yes, cram is easy to break, and yes you can win with 2 specials, BUT the reason why cram is so effective in not because base evolved but it's an exploatation of a wrongly designed map. You do understand that spawn time used to be 3 seconds ? Good luck breaking a cram with that.
              Map glitch is what allowed cram to be succesful as it is the only hard choke-point (excpet for scoop in twld playoffs) on the map.

Open it up a little bit and let us fucking use levs and weasels you fucking newbies you.
              Originally posted by Disliked
              However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
              when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

Everyone is so emotionally attached to the basing map. Just change it already to give it a new breath of fresh air. The whole learning process will make things a lot more interesting and puts everyone on the same even ground to start on.

Comment

test flub's idea in base.

not only does it give the cram a lot of holes so it shouldn't be used, it doesn't degrade the integrity of having under-flag a gaping hole, and it also encourages javelins/wb's with the extra holes. it's a pretty good mean.
                  Originally posted by turmio
                  jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                  Originally posted by grand
                  I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Tsumetai View Post
                    But very aggressive pushing that's done as a team forces more of these mistakes.
                    No, it doesn't. You'd think that it should. It certainly seems reasonable. But it doesn't work like that in practice. People consistently saying "aggressive pushing/playing is the key" doesn't make it true.

Go back to Kuuk's initial post. The problem is that nothing breaks crams consistently. An aggressive offense will certainly break a cram eventually. But when it takes 5+ minutes for that to happen, something is wrong. What is needed is balance in the defense and offense. As it is, the defense has *everything* in its favor.

I'm certainly not suggesting that there should be a defensive break every 2 minutes in every game. A dominating team would still dominate when defense/offense setups are balanced. What we should see is evenly matched teams spend more time fighting in the flagroom than fighting in the entrance.

llater,
                    Tony B

Comment

Originally posted by CrvenBan View Post
                      Open it up a little bit and let us fucking use levs and weasels you fucking newbies you.
                      :wub:
                      'vet' is the new 'newb'.
                      sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Originally posted by CrvenBan View Post
                        :wub: :wub: :wub:
                        Dice
                        TWLB Champions Season 8
                        TWLJ Champions Season 8
                        TWLB Champions Season 10
                        TWLB Champions Season 11

Comment

yo brookus my bud :wub:
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                          DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                          1:waven> is if im going to prison
                          1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Cramming sucks

Do whatever has to be done to mix it up some.

brook, you got my password, right? You can play terrier for juice next weekend.

Comment

re

rather than changing the map, why not try different strategies that will do well in that map. You dont change the rules of a game just because it seems "flawed". Basketball is a sport made for tall people, but nowadays u see people as short as 5"10-6"1 make the NBA. You adjust to the rules of the game and play different strategies to get you better, you don't just change the rules cause you don't like it.
                              TWLJ SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                              TWLD SEASON 12 CHAMPION
                              KISS MY RINGS

1:Eelam> http://i31.tinypic.com/2vjskt2.jpg
                              1:Eelam> 3:TagMor> meh, i get girls regardless
                              1:Eelam> ROFLMAO

Comment

why are people fucking trying to compare this with sports like it would 1. be the same thing and even more importantly 2. like they fucking never have changed the rules in sports to make the game more entertaining? Hello idiots, do you know what football(soccer) is? do you know what hockey is? do you fuckig know how many rule changes there have been oh say the last 20 years? stfu please fucking idiots.
                                Originally posted by Tyson
                                There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                                Originally posted by HeavenSent
                                Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                                Originally posted by Izor
                                Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X