a few things that should happen next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few things that should happen next season

im going to edit this since its caused people to stray from the whole point, so im going to remove certain staff member names and hopefully it can be seen as just real recommendations not a flame thread!!!

1. Choose teams better, pascone did this a lot this season choosing certain squads over others even when some had more points, mainly because they were thought to be higher skill level... well then half of these squads dropped out and the replacement squads werent there anymore, because the players from the original squads that didnt get in joined other twl squads. I duno what EXACTLY to do about this, but lesson learned here, because there are more drop outs and no shows this season than any that I remember. It's not really pascones fault, he "tried" to pick the better more stable teams. Maybe we need less squads in twl next season? I duno?

2. Run TWLM again... used to be fun, and kept everyone active in watching what players are doing what in TWL. All Stars can then actually be seen because everyone watches for individual performances, and so hopefully all star voting will turn out better instead of voting in players that didnt play a twl game at all.

3. Do Hot or Not again. The problem is half the players that did these quit. Kthx used to do one every week last season for instance. Apparently PH hasn't done them because there are no LB or LJ players to make Hot or Not contributions. I think someone should step up for this that is a good writer, has good personality, and is funny. Maybe you can do a "by committee" basis on this PH and have multiple players turn them in, and you pick the best ones?

4. Run all star game better. Do not add players like nickname into all star games. It's retarded since he doesn't even play twl. Have actually staff members be captains, not the players themselves (and staff members that arnt retarded). Make a link on the twl site that keeps a record of All star performances.

5. FIX THE TWL SITE. Why do we have an amazing twd website thats always updated and worked on and works great, and then we have a TWL website thats a piece of shit whre nothing works right? Can anyone explain this? Would'nt it be great if you could see past seasons on twl site, all star games, and oh shit, ACTUALLY STATISTICS THAT WORK? Why does the TWLM site have all these things and TWL site doesn't? Its kinda redundant but obviously something needs to be done about it. Why keep things all shitty?

these are just suggestions but im pretty sure a lot of people agree with them. Feel free to add or subtract what you want to this. Mine as well get a consensus on how to make twl better, since at least in twld it was pretty shitty this year. Even if lots of players didn't care this year and didn't play, the newer players should be able to step up and fill in the roles then, because the last few season players were mostly newer ones, not old old vets anyway.
    Last edited by Exalt; 01-30-2008, 02:50 PM.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

you know what would be cooler?!?
    bring back siege -final- elusive onix light shriek drastic doom sk8
    there was so much competition back then!
    TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

=(

Would be cool, but too bad of all the people i nthose squads back then, id say 1/4 of them still play today.
      5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
      5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
      5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
      5:Melanoma> aight cool
      5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
      5:Oops> what?
      5:Melanoma> ye
      5:Oops> you serious?
      5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
      5:Melanoma> fu
      5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
      5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

Originally posted by Oops View Post
        Would be cool, but too bad of all the people i nthose squads back then, id say 1/4 of them still play today.

you're right
        i say stick a gun to crome, epinephrine, fbz, annul, gk/amorphous, shiran/roi, abyss/anzu and winner of twl next year get to live
        TWLD CHAMP - STRAY (SORT OF)

Comment

1. Choose teams better.

I think teams should be choosen on TWD points and level of opponents (ie take into account there opposition. Prevent squads dissolving during TWL.
          If a captain dissolves a squad during TWL they are barred from the next TWL. Instigate a new rule that fail to show in TWL, will result in the squad being disqualified from competing in the next TWL.

Don't accept the invitation if you can't show a team, or if you are going to pussy out.

2. Run TWLM again

Agreed

3. Do Hot or Not again

Agreed

4. Run all star game better

I definatly think there is room for organisation to be improved on our end. The all-star games at the weekend were farcial. Personally I say scrap the current system and instead have each TWL team nominate players for the all-star competition. Then those players are voted on by the public. That way only players who WANT to be in the all-stars game will be involved.

5. FIX THE TWL SITE.

It was a miricle we even got it to semi-work this year. its a piece of shit, unfortunatly the person who coded it is no longer about and they wrote it in such an obscure way, no one has yet worked out how it works properly. Its going to have to be recreated from scratch...a job which no one has volunteered for.
          Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
          Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

1. i think instead of choosing better, choose less.. if there aren't 12 competitive squads, reduce the amount of squads a league, or have a subdivision (which will fail horribly because at most 2 squads would stay alive in the lower division)

2. yea, it's fun for die hard nerds like pjotter

3. yeah, if you can get ppl who are funny enough to do it and actually do one every week..

4. not sure if all stars will ever work, unless somewhere in the 'history page' (which already sucks) your name gets shown when you're the season mvp or w/e..

5. agreed, my biggest problem with twl is the site. it's so fucking crap, it's just embarrassing. either no statistics or stats that work for 10%.. and after or during every season the stats already get removed, and you have to go to the TWLM-site to get a record of previous TWL games.. awesome.. i've always been a fan of little stats, being able to look back at some good games of past seasons.. it's almost made impossible. the history book could be worked out 10 times better.. would've been nice if past final matches would've been recorded (like heavensent is doing atm) and be linked to twl site, or maybe a 'summary' of the final matches by some staffer/ or whoever could do this.. now most we got is epi's uber-biased history of twl, which kinda ended with the season in 2002 or something.. just not enough..

Comment

1. he chose squads who would be more competitive or whatever only on two instances: plade over fistula in lj, and juice over build in lb. both of them i think were a good decision. i wish he would've used his judgment in ld also, taking out hydra for quicksand but what are you going to do.

2. sure

3. i tried to write hon this season but i don't think i'm the guy to do it. first off, you have ph and i on the staff and that's it. we're both basers so i mean, what's the point? if we're only going to be doing lb hons then fuck that, i guess it would've been better than nothing but i procrastinated a bit too much and then lost interest. sorry about that. either way, this'd go over well as long as there's enough pre-meditated though put into it. people who want to write, need to actually submit shit.

4. i sincerely don't think this was one of the major stitches in this twl's side. even though it wasn't ran properly and has the potential to be better, it still is going to suck because there's no sense of dedication for most players.

5. yeah i don't get it. we've had this site for how long? and for how many seasons has it been broken? it could be fixed somewhat easily, couldn't it? yeah, it's shit.
              Originally posted by turmio
              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
              Originally posted by grand
              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                5. yeah i don't get it. we've had this site for how long? and for how many seasons has it been broken? it could be fixed somewhat easily, couldn't it? yeah, it's shit.
                if it could be fixed easily in a couple of hours it would be, its some we are actively looking at, its just finding someone who has the time to do it, its a 40hour+ job easily....It took alot of work to even get it to work this season in the crappy way that it does.
                Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

Next season will be dead
                  twl will be changed to once every two years

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                  1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                  1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                  ---
                  5:waven> freeze
                  5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                  5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                  5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                  5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                  5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                  5:Freeze> LOL
                  5:waven> that's how things work around here
                  --
                  1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

Actually, I still play and Mythrandir is around sometimes too.

Fuckasses.

Comment

2, 3 and 5 are all great, I think the problem is to find someone to do the job.

As for the all star game, that you really cannot call an all star game at all. Either the name has to change or the concept reworked, to get people interested in it. Maybe this could be included with TWLM.

Lastly, choosing squads. I think they were well "chosen", if you can call it that. Also, this time there were only 12 squads per league and there were a lot of drop outs. It certainly does not look great if this zone cannot even provide 12 stable squads that can play somewhat good for the season. But what to do? You cannot really cut the amount of squads participating by much anymore, otherwise you only have a few squads doing a simple knock out. The feedback here should go more towards the player base, to keep the squads alive. Another option would be to move to a pyramid system.

Comment

We're bringing Sk8 back after TWL

Heard it here first -
                        1:PaulOakenfold> thunder doesn't have a map;... gonna join nc17
                        1:PaulOakenfold> it's been real
                        1:Vitja> thunders map is ?go twlj
                        1:Vitja> afk
                        1:Underground> haha vit
                        1:Kian> LOL VITJA

-Sk8 site and forums: www.sk8squad.org

Comment

Originally posted by Underground View Post
                          We're bringing Sk8 back after TWL

Heard it here first -
                          goo ug! ^-^
                          4:DEEZ NUTS> geio hopefully u smoke ur last cig right now
                          4:Geio> yo wont ever happen again
                          4:Geio> DEEZ?
                          4:Geio> LOLOL
                          4:DEEZ NUTS> LOL
                          4:scoop> cant tell if deez was trying to be a good influence or telling him to die LOL
                          4:spirit> LOL
                          4:Geio> LOLOL THINK HE TOLD ME TO DIE
                          4:Geio> FUCKING DICKHEAD

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
                            Basically, SOMETHING has to be done... unlike the current form of doing things under Kims elite rule of doing nothing. Apparently doing nothing sucks.
                            What the hell? I'm just another voice to their discussion when the TWL ops need to discuss appeals, all-star format, rule interpretations, etc. How you bestowed the responsibility of this season's squad drop-outs and invitations to me is kinda fucked up. Where'd you get this 'elite rule of doing nothing' from? Oh right, talking out of your ass again, Exalt. This isn't the first time.
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim View Post
                              What the hell? I'm just another voice to their discussion when the TWL ops need to discuss appeals, all-star format, rule interpretations, etc. How you bestowed the responsibility of this season's squad drop-outs and invitations to me is kinda fucked up. Where'd you get this 'elite rule of doing nothing' from? Oh right, talking out of your ass again, Exalt. This isn't the first time.
                              maybe its not LOL BUT did i not just get a response from someone that matters?

usually no one looks at this stuff or responds, so me saying your name was obviously a good thing was it not?

your pascones boss, you and p_l are top dogs here, so it trickles down from you. Make people do their jobs, simple as that. And if you agree with things needing to be changed then im pretty sure things WILL change.
                              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Working...
                              X