Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Announcing TWL-M

Hi Everyone,

Through the efforts of Server and Anzu we're pleased to announce the official opening of TWL-Manager!

That's right for the first time ever TWL will have a fun system where you get to manage your own fantasy TWL team for all three TWL league divisions!

The basic idea is you start with $1000 in fantasy money. Then you buy up players to make a team of a maximum of 10 players for TWL-D and TWL-J, and a maximum of 8 players for TWL-B. During the season the value of your players may rise or fall depending on their stats in the TWL season. That will affect the total value of your team. Think of it as buying stocks.

At the end of the TWL season the person with the team that is worth the most (player values + remaining cash on hand) wins!

The current player values have been calculated by using TWD stats. As the TWL season progresses the TWL stats will be used to update everyone's value. The formula for this rating will be posted sometime tomorrow.

All you need is a TWD/TWL account to log in and play. So visit the website and have fun!

http://www.trenchwars.org/TWLM

-Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

This is what TW needs, glad to see it materialised. Good job guys

aphix
    help: (skate) (elim): I fell off my chair, can someone help me up?

Comment

Very cool. I'll have to wait to see the formulas before I pick my players though. Right now the rating seems to be highly influenced by wins and losses in games, hopefully the real formula is based mainly on individual stats (kills/deaths) though, so that good players have good value even if their squad doesn't win much at all. It should be the players who we are picking, not the squads.
      Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 05-01-2003, 07:26 PM.

Comment

epi, i'm still waiting for my TWL-TK league to be implemented.
        plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy Weasel
          Very cool. I'll have to wait to see the formulas before I pick my players though. Right now the rating seems to be highly influenced by wins and losses in games, hopefully the real formula is based mainly on individual stats (kills/deaths) though, so that good players have good value even if their squad doesn't win much at all. It should be the players who we are picking, not the squads.
          I think the W/L are kills and deaths

I also think this will be good practice trying to decipher who are the starters that will actually play in TWL
          I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

this is undeniably dorky but it's also really kickass- big up yourselves. I'm also waiting to purchase players until I give it a better once over- Divine Rides at 174$ is a steal, I won't let you down, I work hard for them fantasy points.
            Pallies Support Group "We all feel lonely sometimes"

Pallies Basing Store (not just subspace merchandise)

okie dokey baby?

Comment

I meant squad wins and losses, but since I"m just guessing no point debating it yet. I'll just wait and see what the formula is first.

And for all of you guys picking Mattey, I call the line for pallies twld this season and I'm purposely not going to pick him in TWL-M and then bench him in all the easy games so he can't get good stats.

PJ $757 to buy in a jav. I mean yeah he's damn good, but twice as valuable as say Psymorph? I don't know. Formula may need tweaked some.

Viper54 $1400 to buy in a jav, heh.
              Last edited by Sleepy Weasel; 05-01-2003, 07:39 PM.

Comment

i picked the guy who was worth $3
                IT'S A BARGAIN!
                plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

yea it's hard to define starting values from twd matches...
                  and it's based on kills/loss ratio.. thought you shouldnt have value if you arent played 5 games in twd.. well i dunno if anzu put that on tho
                  Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                  Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                  Server> dont worry mirror
                  Server> shark fits your tits
                  Peace <ZH>> shut up
                  Peace <ZH>> i do not apperciate you talking to my girlfriend in that manner

i.d.> Teach me how to not choke
                  Witness> well first you put it in your mouth ... but not to long

1:Hercules> ghoul
                  1:Hercules> im level 90
                  1:Hercules> in 9d
                  1:Hercules> bought a char off ebay
                  1:Hercules> cost me $50 but was worth it

Comment

Oh crap I picked a really good valued wb team and then realized that most of them play each other or better squads lol time to reconsider
                    I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

the future changes will be determined by kills, deaths and ratio so think about everything of those. my formula so far doesnt do things well yet... so we're going to change it ... in javs you'll get penalised from teamkilling btw...

and making the formula isnt easy i'll be published as soon as me and myth solve it..
                      Last edited by Server; 05-01-2003, 08:33 PM.
                      Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                      Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                      Peace <ZH>> shut up

Comment

Shouldn't inactive players be set at a lower price?
                        Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Now what... ?

So, basically, not to mess up his guys TWL-M ranking when playing a squad that they probably will lose against, cap will put bad line-up from minute one ?

H E H
                          Originally posted by Disliked
                          However, I have a bigger problem, being an atheist for 9 years, most of it during my teenage years I've become a little addicted to masterbation. I've tried to stop and even asked God to help but I'm unable to resist the temptation and it's driving me insane with grief.

Originally posted by concealed
                          when i was on incuria i took 40 mgs of adderol like an hour before every match. didnt help me that much :X

Comment

well it should only give value for players with more than 5 games / month or so.. i dont really remember how we agreed with anzu

btw... for base.. if you dont get how it goes from rules... here's example

you get 3 points from terr, 2 points from shark and 1 point from other skips. You dont pick persons to assigned ships... you only pick players you take into your team. but you can only get points from 1 terr, 2 sharks and 5 other ships... so...

example: you pick players a, b, c, d, e, f, g, h

a - gets to play as terr but they lose
                            b - gets to play as terr and they win
                            c - gets to play as shark and they win
                            d - gets to play as shark and they win
                            e - gets to play as shark and they win
                            f - gets to play as spider and they win
                            g - doesnt get to play but they win
                            h - gets to as spider but they lose

so.. you get points from b, c, d, f

5 from b - because he was terring and won
                            3 from c and d - because they were playing sharks and won
                            2 from f - because he was playing spider and won

so you got total of 10 points that weekend

you dont get points from
                            a - because he lost
                            e - because you already got points from 2 winning sharks
                            g - because he didnt play
                            h - becase he lost
                            Mirror <ZH> omg it shark
                            Mirror <ZH> this sucks
                            Peace <ZH>> shut up

Comment

BUGGED

K very nice idea.

Good thing I immediatly found out a bug.

1. If you buy a player, and click 10 times on buy fastly before screen reloads. You get him 10 times.
                              2. If you sell a player, and click on sell as much as you want, you sell him as much as you want, and get as much money as you want...
                              3. If one person buys and sells a player like 10 times in a row, the player gets recorded as bought 10 times.
                              4. If you buy the "invisible" player in Disoblige you can't sell him anymore.

Point 4 is also the only reason I'm telling you this, cuz i fucked myself with my TWLD-team by buying 9x invisible player leaving just 1 spot open for a real player... -_-

GET RID OF THE BUGS, RESET MY SCORE (I got like $30k).

-bram

Comment

Working...
                              X