TWL Season 14 Announcements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWL Season 14 Announcements

Hello everyone, I will officially be the Head of TWL this season. A list of the TWL ops who will be assisting me will be finalized and submitted to you shortly.

Most of you know the rules as they are stated in another thread and on the site. If you don't see them, bitch up a storm and I will make them visible for you.

Important Dates:
    TWL will begin on Sunday September 12th. This means that qualifications will end on Sunday September 5th. (Just over 1 month from now).

I have yet to determine if we will run 1 week of pre-season or not. I will inform you soon about this decision.

Potential rule changes: I have not made any official decisions, I am informing you of what is being considered.

-Resolution limits: Considering raising TWL limits to that of TWD. I will do this on a league by league basis, seeing how in basing it is widely accepted and in dueling it is very controversial. No official decisions have been made yet.

-Ship specific lag limits in basing: These will likely not be implemented, but they are still under consideration.

-Roster size: Rosters will either remain at 35 or drop to 30, there will be no increase.

-# of teams: There will likely be 10 teams in TWLD, 8 in TWLJ and 8 in TWLB, but these are not solid #s yet.

If you have any commentary on these issues, please feel free to post it here, make a discussion thread, or leave me a ?message in game.

Good Luck on qualifications,
    Humid

Edit: Feel free to laugh at my typo all you want.
    Last edited by Summa; 07-27-2010, 03:02 PM.
    TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
    TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
    Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
    - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
    Originally posted by kthx
    Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

why september?
    Displaced> I get pussy every day
    Displaced> I'm rich
    Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
    Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
    Thors> prolly
    Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced View Post
      why september?
      This start date will be almost exactly 1 year after the previous TWL

Also, I don't have a date yet for this(it will be after August 4th for sure). I would like to have two squads who are willing and able to test all 3 TWL modules and confirm that they work. Arobas+ is currently a bit busy, so when we find a time and date I will let you know. If your squad is interested let me know.

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

- John F. Kennedy

Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

I really think the season is too long for most average twl players to care about the entire thing every week for 10 weeks, I suggest shortening the season by using a method I have suggested lots of times with lots of people actually liking it and some disagreeing.

It's like this. (for twld atleast)

-----

Team 1
        Team 2
        Team 3
        Team 4
        Team 5
        Team 6
        Team 7
        Team 8
        Team 9
        Team 10

-----

1. 10 teams, rank each squad based on who is playing on that squad as an A, B, or C. (Like Fierce would be an A and Deadly Divas would be a C)

2. During the first three weeks every squad plays an A, a B, a C squad. I would assume it would be 1-3 A, 4-7 B, 8-10 C.

3. At the end of the first three weeks, 4 squads are eliminated (the lowest four) this would drop the dead weight and would also reduce the risk of having squads dissolve and having to replace them with even worse replacements. Ties would result in a round robin tournament between the involved squads until only 6 remain.

4. For the next 3 weeks do the same thing, have every squad playing a A/B/C squad, if all c's are eliminated then alternate between A/B and just do a random draw of who has to play A's or B's first. Remove the lowest 3 squads this time with the same tie breaking procedure.

5. Now that its down to 3 squads, each squad plays each other one time, (on the same Sunday ill get to this later) the team with the best record or the highest +/- gets a bye round to the twld finals. Have the other two squads play each other in the semi finals, and the winner moves on the play the Finalis the next week.

(As some of you have noticed this will also piss off some javvers and basers because they would be slighted one week, well I am sorry but TWDD is the most active and popular league in TW so it is time you deal with having a week off where you get to watch the three squads playing each other todecide who is going to be playing the Finals the following week.)

6. So you reduce the season down to 8 weeks, you cut off the dead weight early, you have more competitive matches progressively throughout the season. It is honestly a win win here.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
          I really think the season is too long for most average twl players to care about the entire thing every week for 10 weeks, I suggest shortening the season by using a method I have suggested lots of times with lots of people actually liking it and some disagreeing.

It's like this. (for twld atleast)

-----

Team 1
          Team 2
          Team 3
          Team 4
          Team 5
          Team 6
          Team 7
          Team 8
          Team 9
          Team 10

-----

1. 10 teams, rank each squad based on who is playing on that squad as an A, B, or C. (Like Fierce would be an A and Deadly Divas would be a C)

2. During the first three weeks every squad plays an A, a B, a C squad. I would assume it would be 1-3 A, 4-7 B, 8-10 C.

3. At the end of the first three weeks, 4 squads are eliminated (the lowest four) this would drop the dead weight and would also reduce the risk of having squads dissolve and having to replace them with even worse replacements. Ties would result in a round robin tournament between the involved squads until only 6 remain.

4. For the next 3 weeks do the same thing, have every squad playing a A/B/C squad, if all c's are eliminated then alternate between A/B and just do a random draw of who has to play A's or B's first. Remove the lowest 3 squads this time with the same tie breaking procedure.

5. Now that its down to 3 squads, each squad plays each other one time, (on the same Sunday ill get to this later) the team with the best record or the highest +/- gets a bye round to the twld finals. Have the other two squads play each other in the semi finals, and the winner moves on the play the Finalis the next week.

(As some of you have noticed this will also piss off some javvers and basers because they would be slighted one week, well I am sorry but TWDD is the most active and popular league in TW so it is time you deal with having a week off where you get to watch the three squads playing each other todecide who is going to be playing the Finals the following week.)

6. So you reduce the season down to 8 weeks, you cut off the dead weight early, you have more competitive matches progressively throughout the season. It is honestly a win win here.

Comment

I guess you enjoy Paky Dude and J B Inc making a squad that dissolves every season.
            Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

i hope the resolution limit is changed back to what it was before twl.....
              1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I actually already put the TWBD ship lag limits into TWLB while I was making the BD/LB limits uniform. I would seriously recommend leaving it that way.

Just a few random things:

-As sad as it is, I don't know if 8 squads is feasible for TWLB this year unless a few squads miraculously start playing. This is going to be the least competitive TWLB overall in a long time. I'd say that it's definitely time to start implementing some roster limits for TWD and probably stricter limits for TWL.

-I would suggest at least letting TWLJ and TWLB use 1920x1200 resolution, and I guess if you have to, leave TWLD alone. The resolution limits have to be changed on the bots as well, meaning TWLD should be set to 1920x1200 in the arena settings but limited to 1280x1024 in the bot settings so people can spectate with high res but not play with it.
                sdg

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                  I guess you enjoy Paky Dude and J B Inc making a squad that dissolves every season.
                  Doesn't bother me, if I play paky dude's squad or some replacement squad for an easy win what's the difference? At least with more squads in TWL for longer it'll motivate them to play more and increase activity in TWDD. If you want less squads to dissolve, don't make the worst squad play squads that are way better than them almost every single week. You could easily have 16 squads in TWLD if you had a ladder system like in SVS zone (http://www.svszone.com/index.php?page=Results&season=7) where bad teams play other bad teams, mediocre teams play other mediocre teams and good teams play other good teams. This is what naturally happens in TWD which is why it is so popular.

Comment

Fair enough, but once you get to the point where you are supposed to be one of the elite squads in the zone and are going to have a chance to "win trench wars" the whole concept of keeping the worst squads in for the entire league fails to make sense. I would think that having more competition, less annoying drama (everyone enjoys the fun drama), in a tighter schedule so that people get to see better squads playing better squads more often would make TWL stronger.
                    Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

I suggest using competing squads from other leagues that are more trustworthy with their roster attendance for leagues with less competition such as LB or LJ if they aren't in the league already. If not for competition, then atleast for entertainment.

Comment

You aren't going to get a twld squad or even a twlj squad who only logs on to play a certain league to show up for leagues they don't care about.

But one thing you could do that would make the draft tournament more of a mainstay in TW and actually give people a reason to show up for it is to let the winning TWDT squad play together as one of the spots in TWLD/TWLJ/TWLB or if nothing else TWLB. Would making winning it kinda cool and bring some activity to a dying division of TWL.
                        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

One idea I am currently considering in regards to the roster size issue is thus:

Squads are permitted 25 players, plus an additional 5 per each extra league they qualify for. (this is for their twl roster, not twd).

I see little reason why a 1 league squad would need more than 25 players and why a 3 league squad would need more than 35. Thoughts?

- John F. Kennedy

Comment

make the limits for TWD right now so that the basing squads are forces to remove players and other squad will have lots of extra players, and another squad may form from disgruntled axed players. do it now so they have 1 month to qualify.

Comment

Funny to hear that from you vati, captain of one of the most stacked basing squads in TW :P
                              Oh and Humid, I'm all for a max roster cap.
                              Retired SSCU Trenchwars Head Sysop

1:24> they'd rather add afks than me
                              24 is in for Freq 1 as a Warbird.
                              1:M_M God> gg

help: (renzi) (Public 33): is it possible for a washing machine to cause a wireless connection to lag?

Candy King, -C4L-

Comment

Working...
                              X