ship !change to remove bad mines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ship !change to remove bad mines

Is there anything that can be done to remove the ability to change out of and back into shark in order to remove bad mines, or to regain shark timing (from a shark doa for instance)? I made this thread a year ago, and I thought a time delay on ship changes was created, perhaps not? I know you can't do !switch shark:shark, but it is too easy to make a macro for !change shark:3, change shark:8. If there were even a 15 ( 30 would be best) second delay between changes, so that when a player is changed he cannot be changed again for 15 seconds (would have to do it for switch too) then that would make the cheesy bad-mine-removal by ship-changing much more impractical.

there should be a shipreset command that's usable.. but it might just be for asss

either that or it resets everything but mines

Comment

and the award for "not actually reading the OP" goes to...

totally agree with you vati, and it's such a simple change to implement. i'm really not sure why it's not already done.
      jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

wait i havent played base in so goddamned long my memory is fuzzy and its probably changed, but explain this to me. sharks, who lay bad mines, can just change to another ship then back to shark, resetting the mines? i think the advantage of clearing bad mines would be outweighed by the fact that the shark is now outside of the base and any good mines are also gone. unless the switch can be done fast. are shipchanges limited at all?
        NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Yes jerome, but i think you are forgetting that shark is stuck outside base only as long as he has to wait to attach to terr, which is 0 seconds. There are like 7 ship changes in twd, not sure about twl, if this were lowered to 2 or 3 it would be also solve the problem sufficiently. Removing bad mines is one thing I don't want to see, and I also don't want to see sharks changing to spid and back if they doa so they can regain timing in fr battles (don't think anyone thought of this one yet, but tabarnak looks like he is about to).

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
            and the award for "not actually reading the OP" goes to...

totally agree with you vati, and it's such a simple change to implement. i'm really not sure why it's not already done.
            haha, wow.. yeah wtf i thought i read it.

anyways, i see what you're asking now and I believe there should be a timer on shipreset after death to prevent abuse. The bot should keep track of when the sharks die and wait 5 seconds to allow shipchanges to them. that'd fix it.

Comment

I think 15-30 seconds would be impractical, since you would be "over-punishing" the shark, and the team as a whole. Maybe if the bot can treat the transaction as a "death", then it would take whatever the spawn time is for sharks (~5 seconds), and make that the delay it takes to switch a player back into shark. This would only work with sharks and not any other ships. I suppose they could do 2 !switch's with a non-shark, but since switches a more limited than !change's, that shouldn't be an issue.
              I agree that I dislike the fact that shark mistakes come with such an easy fix, and that loopholes like this only breeds bad sharks. I remember making the post about the !switch shark:shark removal, and staff was pretty quick to implement it, so hopefully something can be done about this matter.
              duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

best bet to see something like this handled swiftly is to create a ticket on the twcore website

http://twcore.org/newticket

dexter and aro are really good about checking out tickets and something like this is a simple bit of code
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

!add Xog:8

GO GO GO

!switch Xog:Gox
                  3.5 seconds remaining until Xog and Gox switch ships.
                  !switch Xog:Gox
                  3.5 seconds remaining until Xog and Gox switch ships.

!change Xog:3
                  !change Xog:8
                  3.5 seconds remaining until Xog is changed to Shark.

Comment

vati the hypocrit :fear:
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                    DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                    1:waven> is if im going to prison
                    1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Mega i don't use !change to switch out mines come on now.

I don't think you understand what I'm requesting PD, a 15 second delay on a ship change would not punish the shark. It would mean, that after a shark is changed to spider, you cannot change him back into shark for 15 seconds. If would make mine removals impossible ( going 15 seconds without a shark in cram is as good as losing it) but 15 seconds is a very short time to wait to do an actual change that is needed. If you want to do an actual change, you can spare 15 seconds, if you are trying to make a change to save cram from a bad mine, 15 seconds is all the world.

This time delay would only apply to players who were in shark, so changes for someone to jav or terr would be unaffected. If you were n shark and you got changed or switched there is 15 second delay on next change opportunity.

Comment

ok i added a ticket, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X