Resolution Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution Limits

Are the resolution limits from TWL going to be bumped up to current TWD levels?

It seems silly to let people qualify for TWL for months with diff. resolutions limits then force them back to old limits a week before league starts.
    top 100 basers list

this isnt an official answer or anything, but if i were to guess, i think the twlb and twlj limits will stay the same while the twld limits will drop back to 1280x1020/1400x900.

i could be wrong, but thats the way i see it goin

1996 Minnesota State Pooping Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Zeebu View Post
      this isnt an official answer or anything, but if i were to guess, i think the twlb and twlj limits will stay the same while the twld limits will drop back to 1280x1020/1400x900.

i could be wrong, but thats the way i see it goin
      This is correct.

There are about 20 threads of discussion on this topic. I, personally, would prefer to raise them all because I cannot find any statistical proof that it yields any sort of advantage; however the community of warbirds as a whole is strongly against raising the resolution for twl.
      TWDT Head Op Seasons 2, 3, and 4
      TWL Season 14 & 17 Head Op
      Season 13 TWLD Champion, Seasons 13 & 14 LJ Champion

Winston Churchill: "That is the sort of nonsense up with which we will not put!"

Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.
      - John F. Kennedy

A sadist is a masochist who follows the Golden Rule.
      Originally posted by kthx
      Umm.. Alexander the Great was the leader of the Roman empire, not the Greek empire guy.

Comment

Meh, its football season, so don't take my argument into consideration anymore.
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

dd limit was 1440x1024, not 1440x900, prior to it being raised to 1920+. please make sure to keep it at 1440x1024, if we're not going for 1920.

that being said, didn't there used to be no res limit for ld way back when? and it was a monster stray fest back then, even more than now? not to mention back then, 1920x1200 flatpanels didn't exist - pretty sure the highest res anyone was playing with was 1600x1200. By limiting the res to 1280x1024 this allowed closer range players like Apok and Racka to become just as dangerous as long rangers like... Burnt and Lews - perhaps it is high time to bring back the old ways and switch it back to no res limit?
          Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

why are we still putting up with this
            arena limit 1440x1024, bot limit 1440x900

kidding me

Comment

that's how it should be.

1440x1024 is not even a real resolution. 1440x900 / 1280x1024 are real though. :P

Comment

ok really i'm tired of this -

1. we got idiot mods that don't know what standard resolutions are. i can count on one hand the people in tw that even know what "custom resolution" means.
                2. why the fuck is the limit in dd 1920 while the limit in twl at 1280x1024 or 1440x900? isn't the point of twd to prep for twl? am i supposed to play dd with 1920 or 1440 res and then immediately downsize to 1280 for twl, or should i just play dd on 1280 while the other squad on at least 1440?
                3. CONSISTENCY. either change dd to 1280 or bump twl up. i don't care what you do, but make it the fucking same. i don't see why this is so hard. maybe basers have no idea the difference it makes??

every time i post some kind of articulate response that raises good points and poses probable solutions, it either gets ignored or some double digit IQ newbie points out some random technicality with my post that has nothing to do with the actual point. usually when the population of a community increases it gets dumber, but it seems like trench wars is steadily getting dumber as its population decreases. hopefully the third grade reading level nature of this post is enough to get through to you retards.

Comment

jaa wtf, read some fucking threads before you start ranting.

in conclusion

jaa is probably top 5 stupid guy
                  TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

oh and ez noob

noob
                    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

3. CONSISTENCY. either change dd to 1280 or bump twl up. i don't care what you do, but make it the fucking same. i don't see why this is so hard. maybe basers have no idea the difference it makes??
                      Just make it consistent for yourself and use 1280 all the time, who cares if a few opponents (most aren't using above 1280 however) have an advantage over you in TWDD when they're A. not that good anyway since they'd be using 1280 to get used to it for TWL if they were or B. they are screwing themselves by using a higher res then having to change when they play TWL.

Comment

i agree with you 100% jaa
                        top 100 basers list

Comment

so are the reso limits for twlj and twlb changed to 1920x1440 now?
                          (Dutch Baser)>i would have voted mccain cuz he is white

8:Hercules> whats a normal day for a finn consist of ?
                          8:Singularity> alcohol and masturbation

Daldur> if u add me 6th obviously u dont want me

BasingCrew

Comment

they should be.

sleep time for me.

p.s. few more days for fifa11 :wub::wub:

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                              ok really i'm tired of this -

1. we got idiot mods that don't know what standard resolutions are. i can count on one hand the people in tw that even know what "custom resolution" means.
                              2. why the fuck is the limit in dd 1920 while the limit in twl at 1280x1024 or 1440x900? isn't the point of twd to prep for twl? am i supposed to play dd with 1920 or 1440 res and then immediately downsize to 1280 for twl, or should i just play dd on 1280 while the other squad on at least 1440?

every time i post some kind of articulate response that raises good points and poses probable solutions, it either gets ignored or some double digit IQ newbie points out some random technicality with my post that has nothing to do with the actual point. usually when the population of a community increases it gets dumber, but it seems like trench wars is steadily getting dumber as its population decreases. hopefully the third grade reading level nature of this post is enough to get through to you retards.

I think that by third grade reading level, you actually meant fourth grade reading level.

Oh and I agree.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                              X