Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Preseason Hot or Not

Got a bit of time, here goes:
    *Note, I didn't see a lot of these games, going by what I heard/what I see from stats for some, despite the 'stats are deceiving' argument (which is very true)

Game of the Week:

Freebie vs Fierce: 50-46 Fierce
    This was a really close game. Both teams were missing a couple starters (Fierce more-so), but it was an interesting round. The leads changed at least 10 times, as both teams were killing off 3-4 at a time. Kyou (1-4) and Stylez (1-4) were subbed rather early (LOL @ kyou). At 4v4, tied at 40, Fierce decided to push the tempo, and use their teaming (finally) to seal the deal. Weak (15-9) had a monsterous game, going (9-1) in the first few minutes, and after choking a few deaths. Vash (13-9) provided him with excellent support. Unabled (8-5) proved me wrong by being a solid sub, staying alive and helping KO the last couple guys. Chuckle (13-10) wasn't out in 2 minutes, what a shocker, while adding Burg (7-4) might have changed the result had he started instead of Props (6-10) or Demonic (3-6).

Syne vs Paladen: 50-46 Syne
    A rare Saturday game to begin TWL Preseason. Quart (14-9) showed his midrange style for Syne, taking home the MVP honors, as MONST3R (11-9) provided him with much-needed backup. Jessup (13-10) deemed to be solid as usual for Paladen, but was not able to get away with the victory, as claushouse (3-7) held him back.

Savanger vs Sweet: 50-38 Sweet
    It was a tight game (20-20), until Dak (11-4) decided to go nuts and kill a few in a row. Peru (1-5) was subbed out early, and Welt (3-8) didn't help the cause either. Savanger didn't rush like idiots, and as a result were confused, as they don't practice a TWLD-style in their twdds. Sacra (11-8) and Riverside (11-9) helped preserve the victory. A general team effort by Sweet regardless, with Savanger showing signs of potential to do well this Season.

Penetrate vs Asians: 50-40 Asians
    Not much to say other than that Asians had a well-rounded team effort, with Oranje (11-6) leading the way for Asians, with the help of wage (11-10) and Zagis (10-8). Let (12-10) was a late pickup for Pene (a good one at that), but wasn't able to carry his team to victory.

Sk8 vs Pandora: 50-33 Sk8
    I just wanna start off by saying, Creature (2-7) just isn't good right now. Don't worry Sk8, he's still not in mid-season stride (l0l). Ease (14-6) and High Templar (14-8) both had great games, while HT, who will have an excellent season, is proving that he isn't totally washed up. Turban aced em (4-0) with a HUGE sub. Mythril (6-10) was a dissapointment, and Kentaro (0-4) is showing us he really doesn't belong in LD.

Hot: Weak (15-9)
    Runners up: Quart (14-9), Ease (14-6), High Templar (14-8), Vash (13-9) and Dak (11-4)

Not: Children (2-10)
    Runners up: Welt (3-8), Creature (2-7), Mythril/Props (6-10), Peru (1-5), Kentaro (0-4)

Didn't really have a clear-cut not, and Children is horrible. Hope you enjoyed. Afk studying.

Edit: How squads did in Preseason:
    Sweet (3-0)
    Sk8 (2-1): lost basing
    Freebie (0-3): lol @ rapid 2.0
    Sage (2-0): won basing/javelins
    Dice (1-1): won javelin lost basing
    Fierce (1-1): won warbird lost javelins
    Pandora (1-1): won basing lost warbirds
    Penetrate (1-1): won basing lost warbirds
    Syne (1-0): won warbirds
    Asians (1-0): won warbirds
    Paladen (0-1): lost warbirds
    Wingmasters (0-1): lost javelins
    Trauma+ (0-1): lost basing
    Savanger (0-1): lost warbirds
    Dark (0-1): Future LJ champs lost javelin
    Last edited by Riverside; 09-13-2010, 03:25 AM.

Good stuff my friend.
    A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

I was 14-6 that game, not 14-8 thx
      http://www.soundcloud.com/eklecticism

1:dald> whos lebron
      1:dald> what squad he on

Comment

Yea thats why its pre-season pal. Props played because he wont be able to play much of regular season (if any) and he wanted to get a game of twld in. Demonic started and will probably get more starts as she is one of our more active and capable players. Was a good warm up game in all seeing as both teams didnt have their full starting lines out I wudnt take much out of it other than burg having a gr8 sub in performance to keep us alive late in the round. GJ Burgir! :greedy:
        2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Kaos View Post
          Yea thats why its pre-season pal. Props played because he wont be able to play much of regular season (if any) and he wanted to get a game of twld in. Demonic started and will probably get more starts as she is one of our more active and capable players. Was a good warm up game in all seeing as both teams didnt have their full starting lines out I wudnt take much out of it other than burg having a gr8 sub in performance to keep us alive late in the round. GJ Burgir! :greedy:
          Same thing Dallas Cowboys said when they lost to Texans and Dolphins last week. Look what happened yesterday, GG.

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

Originally posted by Regen View Post
            Same thing Dallas Cowboys said when they lost to Texans and Dolphins last week. Look what happened yesterday, GG.
            Hooray for cherry-picking examples! Time to drop the knowledge:

Not one division winner had a winning record in the NFL preseason last year.

New England Patriots 2-2
            Baltimore Ravens 2-2
            Indianapolis Colts 1-3
            San Diego Chargers 2-2
            Philadelphia Eagles 2-3
            Chicago Bears 2-2
            New Orleans Saints 1-3
            Seattle Seahawks 2-2

The Colts have gone 51-13 the last 4 regular seasons. Their pre-season record during that time? 5-12.
            When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Who cares about the colts, that dynasty is done with. Et Tu Foster?

Oh and fuck you summa ahead of time
              Last edited by kthx; 09-14-2010, 12:54 AM. Reason: fucking summa
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mage View Post

New England Patriots 2-2
                Baltimore Ravens 2-2
                Indianapolis Colts 1-3
                San Diego Chargers 2-2
                Philadelphia Eagles 2-3
                Chicago Bears 2-2
                New Orleans Saints 1-3
                Seattle Seahawks 2-2

The Colts have gone 51-13 the last 4 regular seasons. Their pre-season record during that time? 5-12.
                I don't think you got my point.

Edit: Let me give you a hint, Sunday wasn't preseason.

Comment

It was for TWL?

You were saying that the Cowboys looked awful in the pre-season and then looked awful in their first game, so that Freebie looking horrible in the TWL is a bad sign for their regular season success. While I argued that teams' performance in the pre-season of the NFL has historically had no correlation with their play in the regular season, so they should not worry too much.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

New England Patriots 2-2
                    Baltimore Ravens 2-2
                    Indianapolis Colts 1-3
                    San Diego Chargers 2-2
                    Philadelphia Eagles 2-3
                    Chicago Bears 2-2
                    New Orleans Saints 1-3
                    Arizona Cardinals 0-4

Fixed. Since when did the Seahawks make the playoffs last year with their amazing 5-11 record under Jim Mora?
                    GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

It was for TWL?

You were saying that the Cowboys looked awful in the pre-season and then looked awful in their first game, so that Freebie looking horrible in the TWL is a bad sign for their regular season success. While I argued that teams' performance in the pre-season of the NFL has historically had no correlation with their play in the regular season, so they should not worry too much.
                      I think the point is squads won't play differently from preseason to regular season, sure 1 or 2 players might change for a line but the outcome will mostly not change. Fierce didn't have all of their starters and they still won. It's the teams that lost their preseason games that are coming up with excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganon-Knight View Post
                        Fixed. Since when did the Seahawks make the playoffs last year with their amazing 5-11 record under Jim Mora?
                        Just realized that was from 2008 lol, but the point stands.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

a. we (freebie) arent making excuses
                          b. fierce even without all their starters are better than most squads
                          c. we didnt have all our starters
                          d. we might suck but we have fun
                          TWL-J Season 11 Champion
                          TWL-J Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 21 Champion
                          TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
                          TWDT-D 2017 Champion
                          TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Ricko View Post
                            a. we (freebie) arent making excuses
                            b. fierce even without all their starters are better than most squads
                            c. we didnt have all our starters
                            d. we might suck but we have fun
                            Not cutting you down as a squad Ricko, IMO you have a better than decent squad that could beat any of the top tier squads in this league. You guys put up a fight against Fierce without all your starters. The point is you can't really say what would have happened with your starters in, because you could've actually lost by a larger margin than you did.

Comment

My post was directed to riverqueer lol ing that we went 0-3 on sunday overall. I cant say what happened in lj and lb cause I wasnt there so I decided to comment about our twld game.
                              2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Working...
                              X