TWLD Round 1 Hot or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Round 1 Hot or Not

Season finally under way, may as well add something people look forward to, right?!?!
    I can't really say there was any specific "game of the week", since the biggest blowout was by 7.

Fierce vs Asians: 50-43 Asians
    First off all, I just want to say... LOL. Good god Fierce, it may not have been your A-line, but come on. Credit goes to Asians, who had a strong outing. I didn't see this game, but I keep hearing alllll about it. Wage (15-9) represented T-dot with a really solid outing all game, while Zagis (12-9) and Moto Trucker (13-10) helped him out. After watching a twdd against Asians a few days ago, with Stylez/Weak/Vash losing against them in that twd, Weak went on to say that he would 'rape' the opposition. He unfortunately, disappointed (4-8) after a very solid Preseason start. I'm guessing vys (7-10) still doesn't have his kid, because he continues to show his commitment on 2d spaceships, after quitting multiple times. Pretty interesting game, and a wake-up call for Fierce, who tried to implement a less suiciding style and failed as a result. It's a long season.

Sk8 vs Penetrate: 50-43 Sk8
    No Creature no victory? Forget about it. Penetrate surprisingly kept this pretty close, with Brokenfist (11-10) using his lag to his advantage as always, and veloce (10-10) showing us that he can shoot bullets as well as rep stuff, for Penetrate. High Templar (12-9) was carrying the majority of this game while scoop (12-10) and Fujiwara (11-8) provided him with some backup for a safe win.

Freebie vs Sweet: 50-45 Sweet
    This, in my opinion, was a huge game for both teams, as it's gonna be big when it comes to playoffs, and who gets that third spot. Sweet started off with a nice 20-10'ish lead, but Freebie came back to tie it up to 38-38. Dak (11-8) was solid all game, while Vicarious (11-7) was sniping the hell out of them. a2m started off well (9-5) but ended up dying 5 times in a row (noobie). Saetep and beam (13-10) both played really well, but had no support, as Jimbie and Hermit (5-10) both sucked.

Syne vs Savanger: 50-45 Syne
    Another supposed "upset". It was a pretty tight game all the way through, where Harder (17-9) was simply destroying everyone in his path. He was the sole reason Syne was able to win this game, as well as golden duck (9-8) who did a good job of staying alive till the end. Darza (4-8) played poorly and was subbed out, while FST's (12-10) mid-ranging wasn't enough to get the win. This was an important game for the 5th/6th seed, and Savanger better wake up and regroup.

Pandora vs Paladen: 50-46 Pandora
    This was a really close game down to the end. Paladen was up for most of this game, until Pandora finally gained some momentum after being as much as -5, to 40-38. Claushouse and informant (11-10) were having great games until the end choke, while Jessup (11-10) was able to stay alive for quite a while. LaSenza (14-7) played solid and carried, while Clark Kentaro (13-10), despite his retarded name, was able to provide some backup. Jaa (3-7) didn't play so well for Pandora, while subbing Aerin (4-7) out probably cost Paladen the game, as Phyre (0-3) wasn't able to establish a rhythm. Better luck next time Paladen.

Hot: Harder (17-9)
    Honorable Mentions: wage (15-9), Lasenza (14-7), High Templar (12-9)

Not: Weak (4-8), and to be fair, Fierce in general.
    Honorable Mentions: Paladen caps, hermit/jimbei (5-10), Darza (4-8)

Hope you enjoyed the read. Peace.

Edit: Exalt, do us all a favor, and never give your opinion on anything again. See: his predictions. Damn.
    Last edited by Riverside; 09-20-2010, 01:04 AM.

Good read, just forgot to mention Auger's 2-7 to 9-8 finish that helped Syne climb back into the lead. Props to Harder for the carry.

Comment

So Pandora won? You have paladen bolded up top there.

But thanks for writing this, I was away for the weekend and watching football so good to see someone writing the summary.

PS Fuck Devin Moore. Seriously. I lost in fantasy football because my opponent had Eli and Nicks. Such garbage. /rant.
      When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
        Good read, just forgot to mention Auger's 2-7 to 9-8 finish that helped Syne climb back into the lead. Props to Harder for the carry.
        Stop self promoting yourself Rasaq. Everyone knows you are Auger. Everyone knows Monst3r is Paky Dude as well. I never understood the point of bad players aliasing. You aren't surprising anyone as some newb having amazing skill. You just look like a newb alias with newb skill.
        RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
        RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

same effect if you aliased Exalt..hi5!
          Part-time goof, Part-time wild beast,
          Your friend,
          ​​Papi
          ​​​​​

Comment

zagis was like 12-3 not 12-9
            yea harder carried but zagis, man... upset of the century
            Gripe> apok is good but he's completely wasted his youth playing this game

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post
              Stop self promoting yourself Rasaq. Everyone knows you are Auger. Everyone knows Monst3r is Paky Dude as well. I never understood the point of bad players aliasing. You aren't surprising anyone as some newb having amazing skill. You just look like a newb alias with newb skill.
              Lol...never tried hiding my identity and you didn't find out who I was until yesterday after I poked fun at your predictions. Atleast RS even did the predictions whereas you just left long comments on TWL site.

Comment

Originally posted by Riverside View Post
                , while subbing Aerin (4-7) out probably cost Paladen the game
                soooo true... sigh. good read. wasn't zagis like 12-4 and not 12-9?? he should be tied for MVP of the week.
                top 100 basers list

Comment

Yea, Zagis ended 12-4.
                  A glass can only spill what it contains.

"Now, I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

"I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average, reasonable, & intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual & irrational thoughts."-Charles Whitman

Comment

Wow my fault.

if that's the case, it's a co-hot of harder/zagis. Sick.

Comment

Originally posted by tragiK View Post
                      zagis was like 12-3 not 12-9
                      yea harder carried but zagis, man... upset of the century
                      Zagis was 25-12 (including a 1-1 sub) in 3 appearances in TWDT (I think his big carry was against the worst team in the league though). Take that for what it is worth, he is capable of having a carrying game against good competition, even if it isn't likely every week.

But yeah. No reason for Fierce to panic yet (I think the same thing happened to Stray a few years back when they won it), but jeez.
                      When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

have no fear friends for i am here

Comment

2 squad hop
                          TWL14 semi finalist - Dark
                          2010 TWDTB+Overall Champion
                          TWLJ 13 Finalist - Boss
                          TWLB 12 Champion- Penetrate
                          cres> I am gr8 influence on curse life
                          Curse> "Anyone who vs me I will vs bak and destroy. it's like murdering someone but it's self defense". Qoute by crackheads.... "I swear I wasn't lieing! I was telling the truth in my own way!"

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n.../lethal777.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X