TWLD Week 7 Overview and Playoff Seedings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TWLD Week 7 Overview and Playoff Seedings

There's only 2 weeks left of the TWLD regular season. Squads are fighting to get playoff position and a few squads are fighting for the last spot. 6 teams make the playoffs, the top 2 seeds get a first round bye. The standings as of now are:

1. Sk8 (6-1) - Pretty much what everyone expected from Sk8. Their core has gone to the finals 3 seasons in a row and won the last 2.. they're basically the Lakers. Ease is having another dominant season and showing why he's still considered the game's best wb. Unlike last season, he's had great support this year from Burnt and company as Sk8 has more depth this season compared to last (with additions like Creature, Turban, HT, Displaced). Scoop has done a good job filling Raspi's shoes, and if Tohn ever shows up, Sk8 will be even more dangerous. They're still the team to beat. Last 2 games are against Sweet and Fierce

2. Sweet (6-1) - The most boring squad in TWLD. The most annoying part about watching them sit back and stray is looking at how well it works. They keep games close at the start as they play it safe and slow until about 30-30 and then proceed to stampede over you with great teaming and a fuckload of accurate bullets. Dak has had a great season as Riverside and Jones have played the supporting role. Sweet is definitely not last year's Fatal. Adding Raspi and Vash to their roster has made them an elite squad and I expect them to lock up the #1 seed when the regular season concludes. Last 2 games against Sk8 and Penetrate

3. Asians (5-2) - The big surprise of this season, much like Sage last year. Before the season started I'm pretty sure nobody saw them as a potential playoff team, but here they are with a playoff berth locked up. Zagis and wage have lead them all season with good support from people like Zyphen and Rookie. I expect them to finish the season as the 5th seed. Last 2 games against Savanger and Pandora

4. Fierce (5-2) - If Sk8 is the Lakers, Fierce is definitely the Miami Heat. By far their roster has the most talent of any squad, but they've been underperforming as RaCka and Apok haven't been showing and the rest of their players aside from Geio haven't been stepping up.... until this last Sunday. In their game vs Sweet they showed a great lineup and proved you'd be pretty stupid to think Fierce isn't still one of the favorites to win it all. Last 2 games against Pandora and Sk8

5. Pandora (5-2) - Probably the most underrated squad in TWLD. It took a few weeks to remember how to wb again but I'm back to form and players like Casket, LaSenza, Kentaro, Sir Spider and money have stepped up and have had some big games for us. Oops' clutch subs always seem to go underappreciated but he's been very reliable. We have a deep list of wbs as we've started over 11 different players this season. Recruiting Burg midway through the season has made us even better and it's exciting to see what we can do as we continue to improve every week. Last 2 games against Fierce and Asians

6. Savanger (3-4) - As most could have guessed, Savanger has been extremely inconsistent all season. Are they the squad that beat Sk8? or are they the squad that lost to Syne and got dismantled by Freebie? Peru has really dominated and shown he's one of the game's best warbirds, but Savanger can't seem to win a game unless he's superman. Lucky for Savanger they control their destiny as the last seed. If they win both of the games, they're in. Last 2 games against Asians and Paladen

7. Freebie (2-5) - Most disappointing team for me this season. Beam and saetep have had some ridiculous games but Freebie as a team hasn't been able to step up. It doesn't help that they had the toughest schedule, having their hardest games in the beginning of the season. Lucky for them, they're still in the playoff hunt. Freebie beat Savanger in the regular season match so if they were to end the season tied, Freebie would get the last seed over Savanger. Freebie needs to win their last 2 games and pray for a Savanger loss. Last 2 games against Paladen and Syne

8. Paladen (2-5) - This is where it gets really interesting because Paladen's last 2 games are against both of the other squads fighting for the last seed, Freebie and Savanger. If they were to beat Freebie and then beat Savanger, they'd be automatically in, regardless if Savanger won against Asians, or if Freebie won against Syne. So.. Paladen is also controlling their own destiny. Paladen actually has a good lineup if the right people show up. Jessup, Aerin, Rainbow Seeker, Exalt, Jimbei.. if that line shows up, they have a very good shot at beating both Savanger and Freebie.. will it happen? Probably not.

9. Syne (1-6) - Yeah, maybe they're not competing to make the playoffs, but I give them props for sticking through the season and continuing to show 5 every week. Paky Dude is one of the nicest guys in this game and I know from winning TWDTD with Rasaq that he's a pretty humble guy and a good player. It's a shame they couldn't get it together this season. Last 2 games are against Penetrate and Freebie.

10. Penetrate (0-7) - Pene should have never been invited to TWLD in the first place. Nobody on their roster even contributed to them qualifying, but it wasn't my decision to invite them. Brokenfist and Bacon are pretty much the only people on their squad who ever play wb. I doubt they win a game this season as the last 2 games are against Syne and Sweet.

Yeah so this is pretty fucking long but I hope it was an entertaining read and sparks up some interest for TWLD... jesus christ this was long
    Last edited by Mythril; 11-01-2010, 03:54 AM.
    PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
    ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

accurate as fuck wish i had concentration like that
    5:Melanoma> so I kinda cheated on my gf yesterday
    5:Melanoma> but I was drunk so it doesnt count right
    5:Oops> doesnt count if ur sober just so long as u dont get caught
    5:Melanoma> aight cool
    5:Melanoma> + it was with a dude
    5:Oops> what?
    5:Melanoma> ye
    5:Oops> you serious?
    5:Melanoma> innocent kissing
    5:Melanoma> fu
    5:Melanoma> I WAS DRUNK
    5:squallFF8> this is akward

Comment

rasaq, me, raazi, eria and other pene players pushed at the end to get penetrate into twld.....then rasaq left for syne....and we were like wtf so we left (raazi got axed lols) and hence its our fault looool sry 4 this zhou
      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

1:Mutalisk> heard that n1111ga okyo got some DSLs

Paradise> No names but there's actually a black man in the arena right now.

Jones> MAAAAN1111GA UCHIHA

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

I'd say that summed it all up about perfectly.
        GOD DAMMIT NAPPA

Comment

To sum up the battle for the last playoff spot:

- If Savanger wins both of their games (Asians, Paladen), they get the last seed
          - If Freebie wins both of their games (Paladen, Syne)and Savanger loses one, Freebie is in because they beat Sav in the regular season
          - If Paladen wins both of their games (Freebie, Savanger), they get the last seed
          PattheBat> steadman your name is literally "a mean std"
          ogron> CM,OPN NMKAN

Comment

i've purposely been crap so far so now everyone will underestimate me, true story.
            TWL-J Season 11 Champion
            TWL-J Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 21 Champion
            TWL-B Season 22 Finalist
            TWDT-D 2017 Champion
            TWDT-J 2017 Champion

Comment

very accurate assessment.

as for paladen, ?find exalt ?find aerin ?find jimbei -- we won't make playoffs without 2/3 of those guys -- we played like shit this week, would have lost vs. any squad other than pene.

my money is on Sav to take the last spot.
              top 100 basers list

Comment

Thanks Myth and good read. I do feel like our main goal for the year was to finish a full TWL for once...atleast it was my main goal. I do owe Paky that much and yes he is a cool dude. As far as being competitive for TWL...not going to happen. We never show an entire TWL line throughout the week and we got two shitty captains who only show on Sundays and don't care one bit about this game imo.

Comment

We (Fierce) are right where we want to be. Not to high & not to low. Right in the middle of the pack. That way we dont have that target on our backs at the top but we are also not forgotten about and disrepected at the bottom. The last squad I was on that was in the same situation went on to win TWLD that season (Stray) So needless to say we are looking forward to the challenge from here on out. Bring on the playoffs :grin:
                  3x TWLD All-Star
                  2x TWLD Finals MVP
                  2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

Only thing I would add/clarify (and you implied it), but the top 5 teams have clinched a playoff spot. In addition, all 5 teams that have clinched are still in the running for a top 2 bye spot. Some scenarios require Sweet losing to Penetrate...but strange things have happened this season.
                    When I stab you, you stay stabbed.

T0MA> play like a man

Comment

Originally posted by Rasaq View Post
                      Thanks Myth and good read. I do feel like our main goal for the year was to finish a full TWL for once...atleast it was my main goal. I do owe Paky that much and yes he is a cool dude. As far as being competitive for TWL...not going to happen. We never show an entire TWL line throughout the week and we got two shitty captains who only show on Sundays and don't care one bit about this game imo.
                      I think syne should retire forever after this season considering a full season was played. Now time to make a super LT squad that only pubs and gets that dirty money AND also has the same name in EG.
                      1:Rasaq> i scrub really hard with toilet paper so little pieces of it get stuck to my anus hair and then later on when im watching tv i like to pull them out slowly because it feels pretty good

Paradise> NO NAMES. NOT A SINGLE NAME.....but 3/6 of the players on Force are of a certain descent. I will not go any further.

Comment

i actually wanna start up a pub squad after this twl

pls allow 4 join forces
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

allow, need a pro squadname also

Comment

i have:

delicious
                            poop troop
                            cooties

forget what else
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

rejected basers

Comment

Working...
                              X