10/10/10 again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/10/10 again?

Is the 10/10/10 system for LD-LJ-LB returning in terms of amount of squads qualifying for TWL?

Personally, am hoping that it returns, I thought it worked well last season -- everybody plays everybody once, and there is no two week gap of no basing or whatnot.

Usually the focal point is whether or not basing will be the same amount of teams as the other 2 leagues, and my vote would be YES -- let's keep the 10/10/10 system.

=======

Case for 10 squads in basing:

You have the big 6: Penetrate, Dice, Accuracy, Thunder, Lego, 14/f/cali. Then you have Fierce and Real, an amalgamation of strong basers, old veterans who have based in the past, and wbs likes Apok and Deez Nuts who are getting into BD and getting good -- and will field solid lines and possibly surprise people with a few upsets, I think. That's 8.

Then you have Hit, Tenure, and Demacia (or whatever squad pops up to replace them should one dissolve), the latter two being squads some will say don't belong in LB. I don't know what's going on with Hit, so I'll talk about Demacia and Tenure -- here's why I think they should be included:

1) Even if they don't do well, it gets new or less experienced people involved in basing, and they end up getting into the basing system keeping the game alive. Just from Paladen's basing earlier this year (where they are now):

Murder (Dice)
    Tomas Hakke (Hit)
    Producer (Accuracy)
    Versa (Accuracy)
    claushouse (Thunder)
    Burg (Penetrate)
    Poni (Hit)
    Duclover (Epidemic)
    Frank the Tank! (LEGO)
    Zyclon (LEGO)
    Nimesh (Accuracy)
    Shock (was on Accuracy/Portal for awhile)
    Rendered (Dice)
    lilwade (Hit)
    RageRitual (Demacia)

Yes, some of those guys were already basers prior, but it kept them active in the basing arena due to their low level of activity or just re-joining the game (making it difficult to get back on better squads just before TWL) and a lot of those guys hadn't based much (or at all) and are now full-fledged basers.

2) The new TWL rules will significantly help these lower-tier squads. With the ability to change squads several weeks into TWL if you haven't played, good players who aren't getting playing time or happy w/ their squad will be able to join squads like Demacia and start, bolstering their line-ups. We would have gotten Shayde, Zyclon and a few other players last year with these new rules -- and now these squads can.

These squads will have much stronger rosters after they qualify for TWL. There are always vets coming back to the game right before TWL looking for any squad to play on.

3) The unpredictability factor. People were screaming to keep Penetrate out of LD two seasons ago or Paladen out of LB last season, and those squads ended up being boons to the league and being active and competitive vs. mid-tier squadrons, while squads like Epidemic and Spastic imploded and dissolved mid-season. Let's stop pretending we can predict who is and who isn't going to be an asset to the league and be inclusive.

So let's keep the 10/10/10!
    Last edited by ogron; 11-14-2011, 12:34 PM.
    top 100 basers list

fierce should be in the "big 6" they have good basers, i mean look at that match pene lost to them with like not one baser in. fierce is going to bring it this season if thix doesnt homo out.
    7:RoDNeY> u dont know what afk means u think it means the arab way of saying KFC

Comment

why u dissin hit for? hit will and always have smashed you clause. wont be returning to ur shitty thread btw. afk.
      TWLJ Season 13 Runner Up (Boss)
      TWLJ Season 15 Hit Allstar
      TWDT-J 2012 Champ

TWDT-D 2014 Champ

Comment

Originally posted by Slum View Post
        why u dissin hit for? hit will and always have smashed you clause. wont be returning to ur shitty thread btw. afk.
        the same hit that got smashed in TWLB last season by Paladen? that lost domi and NLtrigger and duclover? yeah ok..
        top 100 basers list

Comment

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

o woops. that was directed at tarriskat's post.
          Just like middle school, drawing pnus is frowned upon. ?go pictionary -SpookedOne

(duckrager)> You are a worthless scammer i hope you fall on your head and have a seizure

Tower> anyone here planning an 'Aura from trench wars bullied me' suicide?

Comment

duclover is a huge loss and should be considered a deciding factor in any competitive trenchwars squadron
            J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
            8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

renzi's avatar scares me..
              7:RoDNeY> u dont know what afk means u think it means the arab way of saying KFC

Comment

yeah my muscles have that effect on people
                J-B-Inc> i ddi that duel while doing coke of pawner moms ass

8:Riverside> UPDATE FOR WEEK 1:
                8:Riverside> I go 4-60 and we lose 0-6

2:saiyan> [Dec 22 21:22] Rough: yo just came on to tell you, can you go on a real date with a girl (need to be specific here lol) instead of talking to claus on forums about calcs and formulas for a league? Happy holidays btw

Comment

# of qualifying squads hasn't been determined yet. right now bd has a lot more competitive/active squads than dd and jd. i'll let everyone know how many squads will qualify for each division a little closer to cutoff dates once we see how many stable squads we have trying to qualify
                  Gun remembers.

Comment

claus if u find 10 squads then in my mind thats 8 squads with bottom 2 as possible substitutes
                    NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

2 many ppl will b hoppin so we cant make any real decision yet
                      1:CrazyKillah> oder if i olny knew u irl u would be dead and i would be in jail

menomena> did you get to see the end of the steelers greenbay game though
                      JAMAL> yeah you dumb fat faggot, was good ending

1:Cape> Why did u axe req
                      1:cripple> I'm very religious, and my new years revolution was to make this squad a better one, so I kept with my resolution and axed req.
                      http://big-dicked.mybrute.com/

Comment

I have an idea, why dont we all join the same squad so we can all win TWL!
                        (Children)>hunted for life
                        (zhou)>ofc u hear things cus ur still a virgin
                        :zhou:i dont wanna go deaf bro

Comment

Originally posted by Tarriskat View Post
                          fierce should be in the "big 6" they have good basers, i mean look at that match pene lost to them with like not one baser in. fierce is going to bring it this season if thix doesnt homo out.
                          This is definitely going to be the most exciting/entertaining season in years.

Comment

no it's not...

every year someone says that, and every year just before the roster lock kicks in, every faggot who wants a cakewalk to a title rejoins the same dynasty squad they've been on year after year (ahem... dice) and there's no parity and yadda yadda.

this year won't be any different.
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Claushouse View Post
                              You have the big 6: Penetrate, Dice, Accuracy, Thunder, Lego, 14/f/cali. Then you have Fierce and Real, an amalgamation of strong basers, old veterans who have based in the past, and wbs likes Apok and Deez Nuts who are getting into BD and getting good
                              hahahahahaha
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 8 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 10 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 11 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLB SEASON 13 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 15 CHAMP
                              DICE TWLJ/TWLB SEASON 16 CHAMP

1:waven> i promised myself that the only way id ever roid
                              1:waven> is if im going to prison
                              1:waven> no one gonna try to rape me

Comment

Working...
                              X