Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Roster Lock + Disbanding Squads

Please note,

Although it is not explicitly outlined in the rules it is implicit. Even still, I'd like to clarify to make sure there are no misunderstandings.

There is absolutely no recruiting for any TWL squad after the roster lock.

This includes players on squads which might break up and disband. So if your squad might disband and it's after the roster lock, I'd suggest that you try and make your squad survive using all means possible.

As the Immolate->Inferno episode has shown, we are open to letting the remaining members change squadname and appointing new leaders if the original leaders of the squad quit.

Thank you,
    -Epi
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

well that's pretty much a big boo right there.
    plopp> im not a newbie ok!! im a butterfly waiting to come out of his coon!

Comment

Translation: Cripples if you're gonna get replacements, get them in the next 12 hours
      I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Ranting

THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF JACK

----
        We join Jack after he has stayed dormant in the same squad for ALMOST A MONTH... the innate need for hopping is building up inside him... let's watch the action!
        ----

Jack> sweet, one last hop before the deadline!
        Jack> ?squadjoin pallies
        Light> lame... oh well, what do u expect, it's jack.

Jack> oops, that was silly, back to my senses!
        Jack> ?squadjoin light
        pallies> umm

Jack> HAHA PSYCH!
        Jack> ?squadjoin pallies

Epi> TIME UP!
        Jack> oh.
        Jack> ...
        Jack> boring. afk till next TWL.

-------THE END---------

Editor's Comments:

Now, I dunno why i decided to bash ol Jack, i'm not really that concerned over him quitting. But this thread reminded me of it, and i'm bored.

Yes yes i know, Jack is elite, Jack owns me, whatever you say. But the fact is, he only played 1 TWLD for us where he choked hardcore.

I didn't mind his inactivity - because he always had encouraging words. He would always say the right things. He convinced pessimistic players to stay with the team, because a real player sticks with a squad through thick and thin. Even just a few days ago, he wrote an email to the squad about his utter devotion to our inevitable success, ending with a typical "light 4 life".

I must say i appreciated such actions - but his behaviour now makes all that so hollow, and the irony makes me laugh.

The only thing i'm disappointed about is that he lived up to the squad-hopping stereotype, instead of using the oppurtunity to prove it wrong.
        Everything is funny as long as it's happening to someone else.

Comment

it's just bad timing for a roster lock.
          i'd say, if you intend on locking rosters, then twl and its current list of teams should also be locked.

Comment

It's good to see Light doesn't hold any grudges.

I haven't really talked to jack, but he said before he left that he wanted to leave because of the egos. Now re-read your post erad. Theres a good lad.
            The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
            All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Jack is fast becoming one of my favorite pallies. Leave him alone, he's free to join and leave whatever squad he wants, even Pallies.

I think he may stick around with us for a while, seems to be having fun now

Epi please clarify: The roster lock puts a hault on ALL recruiting? I got the idea that it would just make all recruits after the roster lock inelligible for TWL, but squads can still recruit and have new elligible players for TWD right?
              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Originally posted by Mayo Inc.
                Epi please clarify: The roster lock puts a hault on ALL recruiting? I got the idea that it would just make all recruits after the roster lock inelligible for TWL, but squads can still recruit and have new elligible players for TWD right?
                This question has been burning in my mind as well.
                jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Can't play in TWL if you've joined after today (Saturday June 7, 1pm EST). Feel free to play TWD all you want and to wear the squadname.

-Epi
                  Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
                  www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
                  www.animeslice.com

Comment

well for your info, if my squad gets dropped from the league, i have every intention on borrowing rostered names from other squads to play in league.

feel free to bring on the bans if you wish... i fail to see why the people who remain loyal to their squads, even if it dies, should be punished while those that sold out in the first place don't get any kind of punishment whatsoever.

Comment

I'd do the same to gerbz, Crips might die and I know you don't want to be the first one to jump ship.
                      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

I agree with what gerbz said. I like how he thinks. Listen to him, hes smart.
                        3x TWLD All-Star
                        2x TWLD Finals MVP
                        2x TWLD Champion

TWLD Champion 'Season 11'

TWLD Champion 'Season 14'

Comment

haha gerbies is a smart man...very very smart actualy and #1 cloaker
                          _o_2NASRALLAH

Comment

well , in cripples case everyone should be allowed to join another squad , yet the squads that are with 0-4 in the leagues and the sub squads if given the oppurtunity to join another squad after roster lock they will probably disband , or will do it more easily than now that they arent
                            There is no point in singing while shitting cause shit wont come out dancing.....

Comment

maybe make a special case for cripples, because their squad is falling apart right on the day the rosters are being locked. and the members that stayed loyal are now in a huge disadvantage not being able to play in twl anymore. maybe let every twl-squad be able to pick up a maximum of 2/3 ex-cripples players.

Comment

Working...
                              X